Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 479109 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1185 on: January 06, 2013, 03:33:10 am »

Indigo_Surprise and Replica:
Those are both good reads and examples that when you try to think too hard about Equestria, it stops making sense rather fast. That said, I like the idea of strapping a pistol to a hoof and a complicated trigger better than a mouth grip.

I remember one more issue. Since Lycaeon made a mistake in how PRONE_TO_RAGE works, I assume some creatures were supposed to rage more or less often. Feral Ghouls, Feral Dogs and Radscorpions could all be nerfed by decreasing their PRONE_TO_RAGE. Now they rage almost all the time, which gives them +4 Dodge and +4 to attack rolls, which is a big advantage. I especially imagine feral dogs to be somewhat less crazed and more like wolves. Even in packs, they are simply too small to berserk everything and expect to live long enough to breed. But then if someone captures and tames feral dogs, their rage becomes their advantage. It is also entertaining to watch a pack of feral dogs tear something else to shreds, as long as that's not one of my ponies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:43:20 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 06, 2013, 03:36:46 am »

On firearms: I remember reading something that did in fact have most weapons strapped to the foreleg with a separate trigger bit that they just needed to bite down on to fire. Most melee weapons were also addressed similarly. I forget how reloading was addressed.

Just felt like putting in my two cents on that.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 06, 2013, 04:17:05 am »

Super soldier program in DMD.

Interesting quotes:

Right now I have a 1 tile barracks located directly beneath a Hatch which has 100 plump helmet spawn sitting on it.

When I pulled the lever, my Militia Commander took the hits, and gained ~1000xp in Armor User, +40 Toughness (to 1149) +20 Agility, and I forgot to check the strength beforehand, but I'm pretty sure that increased too.

AH HA! Quantum stockpile all your refuse/seeds/etc on a bridge over a series of bridges leading vertically downwards. Stand a dwarf on the one unerneath the top, open the top bridge. Move your dwarf down a level, open the next bridge. Repeat all the way down, then have a chain of minecarts to stockpile it back at the top.
Whatever method you use to load the stockpile, it's many drops for the price of one.

The thread is a couple of months old so you might have seen it before.
Think it could be used to train children at an early age? Or will 100 seeds cave their unprotected skulls in?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 06, 2013, 04:18:29 am »

Probably kill them since I've had a severed finger shatter someone's femur.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:59 am »

So just elite soldiers then.

This method is faster and easier than using the armor user training reaction in the armory (I think, unless it was buffed in 0.95) and buffs physical stats as well.
Hmm, I want to try this in another stable and see how well it works out.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 06, 2013, 04:49:57 am »

Buhahahaha.
I especially like the idea of a 4x4 barracks surrounded by locked doors, with a retracting bridge set on repeat, where whole squads can train. This is something, I'm definitely willing to test in my next fort. I just haven't figured out the entry/exit mechanism yet. A simple door won't work, but there was some idea about ramps.

Babies / foals are naked, therefore don't train armour user when hit and therefore don't gain stats.

Oh, and as stated several times in that thread, armour matters to avoid injuries, so mares should be excluded. Same as with Danger Rooms, really.

For people who feel less cheaty, you can just train the Champion / Stable Dweller to Legendary+5, then put him in an inactive squad alone, so he gives demonstrations to others.

Oh and aluminium coins work better than seeds, they are just need to be separated at the trade depot by a macro.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:15:07 am by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 06, 2013, 05:09:46 am »

>Buhahahaha.
I especially like the idea of a 4x4 barracks surrounded by closed doors, with a retracting bridge set on repeat, where whole squads can train. This is something, I'm definitely willing to test in my next fort. I just haven't figured out the entry/exit mechanism yet. A simple door won't work, but there was some idea about ramps.

No, only one unit can be hit by falling debris per tile, the last unit to enter the tile according to someone in the thread, so that wont work very well.

>Oh, and as stated several times in that thread, armour matters to avoid injuries, so mares should be excluded. Same as with Danger Rooms, really.

Damn Maklak, I didn't take you for a sexist.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:42 am »

Hey, DWARVES get ticked if their babies get killed on spears. Now imagine ponies, who are likely much more emotional, and have hooves, have their foals killed on spears.

Even ghouls will stay the fuck away from that mare.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 06, 2013, 05:13:28 am »

Ninja'd by Corai. Ponies have that special rage that even gives dwarves pause so they can watch in envy of the anger fueled rampage.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 06, 2013, 05:30:47 am »

> No, only one unit can be hit by falling debris per tile, the last unit to enter the tile according to someone in the thread, so that wont work very well.
That's why I want the room bigger, but that will need more objects and make the training slower. 

> Damn Maklak, I didn't take you for a sexist.
I've tried Danger Rooms before and learned to exclude females the hard way. They often give births, or carry babies with them or are followed by foals. Unmarried ones should be fine, though.

Also, with coins the babies, civilians and pets are safe an long as nopony drops anything else in the grinder, so excluding mares no longer matters. Stacks of coins of size 15 or less are weightless and therefore harmless.

I've found an explanation of why Dodge and Armour User train so slowly. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3855#c23741 I think in next fort, I'll take 2 soldiers: Dodge 5 / Teacher 5 and Armour User 5 / Teacher 5 and have them train together with hacksaws. They should get weapon skills reasonably fast and start training defences.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:08:51 am by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 06, 2013, 05:45:54 am »

Oh yeah, children, I forgot about those, because fruitless Crazy Cow relations and stuff.

But coins.
Why are aluminum coins more effective than seeds?
Will the seeds kill the children?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »

I'm for rifle-sized firearms being hoof-held and mouth bit or lever triggered, with this image as a good concept:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for legendary armor training, I'll add a product alongside the drink produced from unpacking a suit of power armor; an armor-training token that allows a pony to train armor-use to legendary in a single reaction. That way you can have the pony drink the power armor upgrade drink, then run the reaction at the armory to attain full power-armor capability. This will only be for steel power armor, as scorpion power armor doesn't have the speed penalties due to its light weight.

I'll also allow unicorns to wear scorpion power armor, due to the aforementioned structural vulnerabilities of the helmet.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:21:28 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:00 pm »

I'm for rifle-sized firearms being hoof-held and mouth bit or lever triggered, with this image as a good concept:

Now that's a proper weapon.

By the way, can anyone give me a rundown on all the trap immune creatures?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:51:27 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 06, 2013, 06:21:01 pm »

Now that's a proper weapon.

By the way, can anyone give me a rundown on all the trap immune creatures?

A complete list
  • Hellhounds
  • Ghoul reavers
  • Steel Rangers
  • Dragons
  • Minotaur reavers
  • Hydras
  • Unity alicorns
In other words, all the dangerous creatures to whom traps would be most useful for.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 06, 2013, 06:24:23 pm »

I'm sure a bunch of spears linked to a lever can do the same job.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 210