Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478415 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.85 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »

I am worried about placing Turret's outside, because I would actualy like to capture some wild creatures, if only to have a ghoul-pit to knock invaders into. Probably going to line them up in the typical "invader's walk" and watch the magic happen.

Actualy, a idea for a community fort:

Now, this is different because the first person plays through a lot of the game already, but only up to having a vaugly uniform fort and having no less than 100 ponies living in it. No traders, no invaders, no above-ground activites, a attempt at a "stable" of sorts, complete with robots and a military armed fittingly.

The game proper would start with the "gate" being unlocked for the first time. Preferable, in a Canterlot-Cloud or Radiation-filled inviroment, and the sheltered ponies would be forced to survive with evil things trying to eat them. Naturaly, such a game would end in a massive loyalty spiral, but what a fun spiral it would be.

Also,
Observation skill removed from stable citizens

What could possibly go wrong? :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:03:53 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

Well this is pretty damn weird. When I redownloaded everything the first time, I would create my world, it would get up to the point of where it would do the time-history-creator-thingy and would crash right there, not even letting me create a world. Then, I redownloaded everything again; I can now create my world, but now I'm back to square one with the crash-upon-abandon bug. I know it's kind of small when compared to the other tasks scheduled for the mod, but I just really enjoy the reclaiming mode. It's just that extra, little thing that makes DF so damn good to me. Also, every time I tried to expand my world's history past ~80 yrs, it would also crash. So yeah, I'm not having the best of luck...
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2012, 11:00:46 pm »

That sounds like a computer issue to me. The pony creature file has hundreds of castes...so worldgen and fortress abandonment that involves recorded individuals are quite resource intensive. Have you tried replacing the creature_pony file with the condensed version?

And the observation skill removal is just natural skill...they can still learn observation just as well. However, it does give a role to the sprite-bots, which are excellent sentries.

Just be warned that upgrading robots can fail due to the unreliability of transmitting gas-based syndromes...but there's no other way to do it. You will likely lose a few sets of upgrade resources. :( Fortunately, upgraded robots are powerful for their cost, and much more resilient due to their steel plating...the ones that you do get will last a while.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:26:58 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2012, 11:23:44 pm »

The thing I am digging most about the robots is that a fort (stable?) can now have constent outside protection in irradiated areas without risk to one's chubby equines. Also, I wonder how well they hold up to a Hellhound sneak-attack.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:28:07 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:38 am »

I could definitely get down on a community fort.

I love the turrets. They knock down radscorpions like nobody's business. Once I start trading I'm going to buy dozens of the little gizmos for the murderhall and the external towers. No slavers will crack open this fort, that's for sure.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:06 am »

The more I play the more I love the Sprite Bots.

Because lets face it,
- They replace cats in vermin extermination.
- They don't reproduce.
- They don't feel pain or suffer significantly from wounds.
- They don't grow attached to ponies.
- They are cheap, expendable and easy to replace when lost.
- They have a laser attack.
- They help in fighting and wildlife control.
- They patrol CONSTANTLY around the embark area, making it nigh impossible to get surprise attacked by snatchers, thieves and ambushes.
- They scare the living fuck out of Black Radscorpions.
- And best of all! The more you have, the better it gets! As opposed to cats which only make things worse when there are 30 of them running around at the same time.

Before the gift from god that is the Ministry of Morale, Enclave Sprite Bot, Black Radscorpions used to be the bane of my stable.
I had to save every time whenever a Black Radscorpion showed up on the map because there was nothing that kept them from just going apeshit on my slaves, but now, it's just a cakewalk, a real pleasure.
Besides it's fucking hilarious to see a pack of three of them chase black radscorpions down into murky pools.

Please, whatever you do, don't nerf my babies, don't take these glorious little floating balls of polka music away from me, my heart wont be able to take it.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2012, 09:05:50 am »

That sounds like a computer issue to me. The pony creature file has hundreds of castes...so worldgen and fortress abandonment that involves recorded individuals are quite resource intensive. Have you tried replacing the creature_pony file with the condensed version?

Well it works now that I did just that. It still crashes, though, but it gets rid of the fort and doesn't make me have to delete the world. I'm just curious as to how this could be a computer problem, though. I'm working on a pretty decent computer made for gaming, (Granted, it's got some age to it, but I don't think DF is on levels of Crysis, in terms of computer strain) and I've put a decent investment into it.

Is there a special way to install this mod that has just eluded me up until now? Or did I just piss off the wrong person?

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2012, 10:57:15 am »

Apparently I am missing something big here, because everyone else seems to be doing just fine with this mod. I'm running into two major problems that I tried to fix in multiple ways (usually redownloading all the files), but nothing works!

Either it crashes on worldgen for me (though this is random, as sometimes it crash, and other times it doesn't), or I get all the way to the gameplay, but my ponies refuse to do any work (i.e. mining, chopping down trees, they do nothing) and are classified as "pets" (they also usually get slaughtered by two random "tame" ghoul ponies that I can't seem to get rid of).

Is there a specific order of steps I need to take to download this? Is there a "modloader" sort of thing I need, like in minecraft, or something like that? I downloaded all the files that were presented, but nothing is working for me.

Please, someone help  :'(. I'm completely clueless.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2012, 11:36:41 am »

Apparently I am missing something big here, because everyone else seems to be doing just fine with this mod. I'm running into two major problems that I tried to fix in multiple ways (usually redownloading all the files), but nothing works!

Either it crashes on worldgen for me (though this is random, as sometimes it crash, and other times it doesn't), or I get all the way to the gameplay, but my ponies refuse to do any work (i.e. mining, chopping down trees, they do nothing) and are classified as "pets" (they also usually get slaughtered by two random "tame" ghoul ponies that I can't seem to get rid of).

Is there a specific order of steps I need to take to download this? Is there a "modloader" sort of thing I need, like in minecraft, or something like that? I downloaded all the files that were presented, but nothing is working for me.

Dude, all you need to do is download the rar and drag and drop the one folder inside to the desktop or wherever.
There is no install, no overwrite, nothing, it's just drag, drop and play.

What exactly did you do?
You downloaded the rar file and then what?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2012, 11:55:58 am »

Dude, all you need to do is download the rar and drag and drop the one folder inside to the desktop or wherever.
There is no install, no overwrite, nothing, it's just drag, drop and play.

What exactly did you do?
You downloaded the rar file and then what?

I downloaded the rar file, I opened it and then the "Fallout Equestria" folder, then I took the contents of that folder and copied them into the  original dwarf fortress folder (overwriting certain things), then ran the game as usual in the DF folder...

God damn, I am autistic. I am truly sorry for infecting this thread with my stupidity. Thank you very much, I'd have probably accidentally deleted system 32, or something equally damaging, if you hadn't come along.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »

The mod is self-contained, so overwriting it onto another DF file leads to raw duplication and all sorts of issues.  That's the case for most of the mods on this forum.

Glad to see you've figured out the problem though. You can probably use the default pony file and not the condensed version. :)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »

No idea how I managed to miss this for so long.
Spoiler: First Fortress (click to show/hide)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2012, 01:24:53 pm »

Oooh...ascii! :D I hadn't yet taken the time to make an ascii version...I'm waiting until all the core features have been implemented. Just be aware that there are many non-standard tiles, especially for the various salvage trees and objects, as well as buildings.

Here are the character tiles that differ from the base Phoebus graphics: 1, 2, 140, 143, 151, 154, 245

Have fun with your stable! :)

Edit: Note on the robots: I'm glad that everyone enjoys them! It's going to be a while before the next update, so I'll be gathering up bug reports and suggestions for the time being. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:49:17 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2012, 02:05:22 pm »

Oooh...ascii! :D I hadn't yet taken the time to make an ascii version...I'm waiting until all the core features have been implemented. Just be aware that there are many non-standard tiles, especially for the various salvage trees and objects, as well as buildings.

Here are the character tiles that differ from the base Phoebus graphics: 1, 2, 140, 143, 151, 154, 245

Have fun with your stable!  :)

I just cut the RAWs out of the download and tossed them in my usual DF version, and it's working fine for now. I'd appreciate an ASCII download that came without the entire game, by the by; it would make downloading a lot faster for me ;p

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »

I usually hole up until I build a decent military to secure the surface, so you're looking good so far. The narrative is nice. :)

I'll include a raws-only download for the next version.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:25:24 pm by Lycaeon »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 210