Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478499 times)

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1365 on: January 18, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »

I have a question, I started a Stable once and about one month in, the ground outside my Stable burst into flames. It started in one spot then spread outwards, I was wondering if this was the mod or something completely different?
But aside from that I'm loving this mod, I'm still getting used to DF and I thought I'd challenge myself with it and it's great :D

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

I have found that Mr.Hooves are some of the best early game defenders around.

The four I took with me at start, due to the antique bug and brought a good sum of them.

This far, they have repelled three swarms of reaver ghouls, even killed a pair of Minotaur reavers on their own.

Worth the 1001 points to bring, without a doubt.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 18, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »

I have a question, I started a Stable once and about one month in, the ground outside my Stable burst into flames. It started in one spot then spread outwards, I was wondering if this was the mod or something completely different?
But aside from that I'm loving this mod, I'm still getting used to DF and I thought I'd challenge myself with it and it's great :D
Laser fire has a tendency to start fires. Learned that the hard way one embark when it started me and my robots in the middle of a feral dog pack. Lost the entire embark to a grass fire before I had a chance to do anything...

Though I did see a random fire start in the corner of my freezing tundra fort after I started it back up from a crash. Nothing around it, just the snow in the topleft corner catching on fire for a little bit.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:28 pm »

> I have a question, I started a Stable once and about one month in, the ground outside my Stable burst into flames.
I didn't intend for lasers to cause fires. ??? Yours may be isolated incidents (It's not something I noticed in any of my own Stables), but let me know if it happens more often, with the details. Thanks to you and Neowulf for bringing it up!

> Anyone know why skills like security baton and all that aren't showing up in my embark skill allocation?
The security baton uses the mace skill, the ripper uses the knife skill, the chainsaw the axe skill, and the chainsword the sword skill.

> Books.
I'm aware of the library systems some other mods have, but I've always been skeptical of being able to level up by reading (Especially as there's no limit to this...you could get ponies up to grandmaster on reading alone). The training hologems work differently; they're programs in simulators that create virtual worlds in which ponies actively train the skill. There's precedent for this even in reality; medical simulation technology exists for surgeons, and flight simulators train military pilots.

Of course, it's not complete yet...I haven't implemented the medical simulator from the Ministry of Peace, or the neural interface talisman that will be required by all simulators.

Edit: In trying to solve the problem of lasers/turret bullets causing job cancellation messages, the only solution I've found so far was to disable fat as a stockpile setting in food. The messages aren't terribly inconvenient apart from the spam and the occasional distracted pony, but in case you get annoyed, having no fat stockpiles is an option.

The only downside is that your regular fat doesn't get stockpiled, but this shouldn't be too much of a problem...you can put your soap workshops near your butcher's shops. With this in mind I plan to reintroduce lasers in the next version.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:37:14 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 19, 2013, 01:51:03 am »

Hurpadurp, very delayed double post, ignore me!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:12:11 am by Kel the Oblivious »
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 19, 2013, 12:22:58 pm »

I'm aware of the library systems some other mods have, but I've always been skeptical of being able to level up by reading (Especially as there's no limit to this...you could get ponies up to grandmaster on reading alone). The training hologems work differently; they're programs in simulators that create virtual worlds in which ponies actively train the skill. There's precedent for this even in reality; medical simulation technology exists for surgeons, and flight simulators train military pilots.

Of course, it's not complete yet...I haven't implemented the medical simulator from the Ministry of Peace, or the neural interface talisman that will be required by all simulators.
Skill books have been part of the fallout mythos since day 1. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_book
Granted in game they are one use items, but that's because items are instant use and you only have 1 character to upgrade skills with.

And there is precedence in real life for book learning skills up to insane levels of ability as well. It just takes time, determination, and a good set of books.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:59 pm »

The skill books didn't give appreciable increases either. ??? In any case, I will consider a book training system, perhaps one piggybacked off actual reactions so that by sacrificing the product, you create study notes that can help other ponies gain the same experience. It won't be a priority...many important skills are covered by the training hologems, while the cutie marks for the remainder are rather common.

Apologies for the delay on the updated workshops and industries guidelines...I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I hadn't gotten around to finishing them today as I'd hoped. :( However, I'm still taking feedback on the flowcharts, as well as any other suggestions for features you'd like to see. :)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 20, 2013, 03:40:38 am »

I'd like to see the ability to create chem induced crazed ponies.

Whether it be through genetic modification (Ala, FEV and rads and all that), or strong, chem based reactions.  Always wanted to do some Enclave sort of experiments in my own groups once in a while.  :D

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 20, 2013, 05:41:48 am »

Another thing I've found, is occasionally I'll have notifications telling me that a Glowing Unicorn Ghoul is no longer enraged, I've scoured the surface and found no traces of it, so I assume that it's from the caverns. I haven't breached them yet, so I thought I'd point it out

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 20, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »

> I'd like to see the ability to create chem induced crazed ponies.

Pony experimentation, upon both your own citizens and captured invaders, is on the development list awaiting implementation of chems and the neural interface talisman.

> Notifications telling me that a Glowing Unicorn Ghoul is no longer enraged

That's a vanilla DF bug; certain cavern announcements will show up even with the caverns unexplored.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:49 pm »

> Notifications telling me that a Glowing Unicorn Ghoul is no longer enraged

That's a vanilla DF bug; certain cavern announcements will show up even with the caverns unexplored.
If I remember correctly, there was an amusing tale once of someone who got an announcement whenever a new baby was born into a tribe living in their caverns.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 20, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Pony experimentation, upon both your own citizens and captured invaders, is on the development list awaiting implementation of chems and the neural interface talisman.

Cool, can't wait for that then.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 20, 2013, 08:43:12 pm »

By perchance, could this involve a, dare I say it, Flux/Taint/IMP industry?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 20, 2013, 08:45:56 pm »

Oh, all right then.
I just had another fire, but it started from a Spritebot's laser missing a Bighorner so that's probably the problem I had earlier

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:28 pm »

In my 0.88 Stable, I was having trouble with my elite soldiers camping the VR terminals, so I just built ten terminals.

I think salvage is just a tad overpowered.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 210