Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477350 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1380 on: January 20, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »

> By perchance, could this involve a, dare I say it, Flux/Taint/IMP industry?
Oh yes...IMP technology has a whole page on the development list to itself. ;) But its prerequisites (for one particular thing, you'll need captured Enclave pegasi) are part of the later Ministry arcs, so it won't be released in the near future. As we're still on the Ministry of Peace, there are plenty of other features that take priority.

> I just had another fire, but it started from a Spritebot's laser missing a Bighorner.
I've reworked the lasers; a quick test Stable with an embark of a hundred gatling laser turrets spraying in all directions for thirty minutes didn't produce any fires. Suffice to say I think I've fixed the problem for the next version. Thanks for the assistance! :)

> I think salvage is just a tad overpowered.
Can you provide more details? Depending upon the source and Stable age, a large amount of good salvage may or may not be unusual (Your case would make sense if your embark was in an evil/savage area and you bulldozed the surface/lasted a few years). I balanced salvage with the late-game opponents in mind, though it's not finalized (I haven't received any feedback on the Unity).
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:03 am »

Purple Alicorn snatcher visited my outside roof... +20 level 1-5 fighter ponies, a ton load of random dogs, a few protectaponies and mr. hooves.  A few months in game time of dodge ball action and +5 casualties on my side.  Its a huge difference... when the Mr. Hooves can mess with many of the more dangerous singular creatures from my experience.
I remember a green alicorn going away much faster, but don't remember the details.  Maybe a cage trap.

Also, skill rust, I hates it so much.  I cheated em out. (Granted, some of those numbers are more generous then the default, if I remember correctly.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:03:02 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

Lycaeon:

I have a question: Do you have any plans on making the Steel Ranger's playable? If not, would you mind/care if I whip up a playable version of them and post them here?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:02 pm »

Pokon, but with all the research trees already in place and planned, we are pretty much already playing as Steel Rangers. Well, not quite, but you get my meaning. We get all kinds of technology.

I never tried arena mode. Or rather I did, spawned a bunch of creatures and a bronze colossus won. I think you could use it to test Unity.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 21, 2013, 05:08:40 pm »

Just found this mod. Downloading.
Why?
I don't know. Don't really like the show, but, I feel like I have to..........Why?
UP YOURS, THATS WHY!
STOP QUESTIONING ME!
GO TO THE UNDERWORLD!
I need to be put in a smooth gold room, with enough food for days......God whats wrong for me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 21, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

Just found this mod. Downloading.
Why?
I don't know. Don't really like the show, but, I feel like I have to..........Why?
UP YOURS, THATS WHY!
STOP QUESTIONING ME!
GO TO THE UNDERWORLD!
I need to be put in a smooth gold room, with enough food for days......God whats wrong for me.
Why?  Because ponies.  No shame in that, especially when you get to kill em.  There are also slave ponies, but I've no clue how to work that angle yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 21, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »

The RNG has had its revenge upon me for cheating.

I forgot to bring a toolbox on embark, so I modded the salvage reactions to create one. My ninja gunner singlehandedly killed a necro siege (twice - it reanimated), and then a giant radscorpion waltzed through the door, cut my protectapony into two half-protectaponies, and killed 3 people while my ninja blasted it ineffectually in the back.

Cue tantrum spiral.
*Facehoof*
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 22, 2013, 12:03:37 am »

Zangi, were your alicorns sprited correctly? (As in the colors corresponded to their description) I added sprites for them in the last update, but since castes can't be given their own sprites, I had to do it by profession. As you've mentioned, I decreased most of the skill rust rates, so they aren't too bad.

> Do you have any plans on making the Steel Ranger's playable? If not, would you mind/care if I whip up a playable version of them and post them here?
No plans...they're less viable as a civ due to their low populations. You're welcome to make them playable, though it won't be an easy task as many of the mod's features were built upon the stable pony raws.

> Arena mode
While arena mode works in a pinch (The current Unity was balanced from arena battles), it's not the same as a developed Stable with killing halls and a kitchen sink militia.

> Just found this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod, King! :) While your citizens may be ponies, the bloodshed and death of the wastes should be familiar to you as any dwarf fort.

> There are also slave ponies, but I've no clue how to work that angle yet.
You can buy them from slave traders and incorporate them into your working population at the Pony Rehabilitation Center workshop. In this version they can starve to death, so try to convert them quickly!

> The RNG has had its revenge upon me for cheating.
Pretty sure part of it was the evil savage region you embarked in. ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:06:01 am by Lycaeon »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 22, 2013, 04:36:00 am »

In the fancy picture version, I've so far only seen the 'purple' Alicorns.  The ones that can teleport around, but don't really, instead choosing to ninja dodge everything like a kung fu master...  They like to ninja in from the roof, the bastards.  They were pictured green.

Also, necro siege, bringing Griffons.  Arses are breaking down my front doors.  So does the Alicorn, but with the hatches instead.  The necros are also bringing in tons and tons of former stable ponies, which my ponies end up putting in my coffins.  The bastards.

EDIT: Latest Alicorn Ninja ran through my base to the front doors, where a Steel Rocket Ranger Scout was literally blowing up my doors and ponies.  Though, it acts more like a long ranged flame thrower...  They faced off and... the ultimate showdown was inconclusive.  They both died.  I figure the Alicorn smoked up, while the Steel Ranger bled out...

I also have some permanently 'burning' migrant ponies who somehow survived and their clothes didn't set on fireare somehow still alive... and their clothes have not set on fire.  Waterfall project is a go.

EDIT 2:
> You can buy them from slave traders and incorporate them into your working population at the Pony Rehabilitation Center workshop. In this version they can starve to death, so try to convert them quickly!
Technically, this may be more useful if the population had a much lower default cap then the 200.  I am flush with ponies that I hand-wave into military/fodder/generic/dangerous/hauling jobs by the time I hit 100.  I am super inefficient.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:43:43 am by Zangi »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:20 pm »

> They were pictured green.
That's unfortunate...but then again, the lone alicorns are forced to be the thief profession, which is limited to a single sprite. Hopefully the ambushes will have matched colors. Thanks for the info!

> Technically, slaves may be more useful if the population had a much lower default cap then the 200.
I can make them breedable if you guys want more slaves than the caravans bring.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:19 am »

> I can make them breedable if you guys want more slaves than the caravans bring.
I don't know. It's not like you need many of them anyway. And once reformed / permanently enslaved they will marry and have foals normally. And slave foals will still take years to grow up. And the mothers will frequently give births. With them (presumably) being raped all the time it makes sense, but this may lead to overpopulation of slaves and especially slave foals, which is a problem in itself.
The only reason to have many slaves is spamming robobrains and if someone can do that, he might as well produce other kinds of robots instead, including cyberdogs, Macintoshes and upgraded Protectorponies. 
I vote no.

BTW, I'm working on a Linux version of this mod. I'm trying to include as many patches and utilities as I can.
EDIT: Well, dfhack and its plugins worked save for stonesense, but Dwarf Therapist didn't see the game. More tests tomorrow.

> using spaces didn't help either because the symbols didn't align properly.
They align if you use the BBcode "table". Spaces only work inside "code".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:08:41 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:05 am »

In other news, was sitting with the caste post yesterday night doodling around, I tried adding the raw values next to the percentages, but it only ended up looking stupid and confusing, using spaces didn't help either because the symbols didn't align properly.
Gonna toy around with it later and see if I can figure out a neat readable looking format just for Maklak. Maybe.

> Technically, slaves may be more useful if the population had a much lower default cap then the 200.
I can make them breedable if you guys want more slaves than the caravans bring.

Yes.

Free slaves for everypony!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:45:27 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 23, 2013, 04:54:15 pm »

Yay picture! Just felt the need to make a comment on that.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

Ive noticed something about the mod.
ITS HARD AS BALLS.
I can't wait until adventure mod stuff is out in, as I personally like it more then fortress mode, And I can safelt say that ITS SOOO HAAAARD! Mostly because I see gunner and im like, "Mine!"
Then I get a revolver, go to a bandit camp with my gun and knife, and get horribly slaughtered by guys with sledge hammers.
Because YAY.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:50 am »

> I'm working on a Linux version of this mod. I'm trying to include as many patches and utilities as I can.
That's very kind of you Maklak...to say that I'm appreciative of this would be an understatement. :)

> Slave foals will still take years to grow up.
Good point...no guarantee the Stable will even survive eight years. I'll put the idea on hold for now.

> Replica
Love the picture, as usual. :) The next update's going to add more nasties so the swarms of radscorpions (and feral dogs) won't be as ubiquitous as they are now. Oddly enough, the floaters were only moderately difficult to create compared to some of the other finished creatures, and I'm only 1/4th of the way through the list.

> ITS HARD AS BALLS.
Adventure mode isn't optimized yet - I haven't developed a crafting system (analogous to fortress mode salvage and research), modified the interactions system for single pony use, added difficulty tags to many creatures (Which can lead to hilariously !!FUN!! encounters), or even looked at a whole host of adventure-only fluff like creature sounds and NPC lore. There's only so much time available to mod, so I'm focusing on fortress mode for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:27:33 am by Lycaeon »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 210