Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 479355 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1425 on: January 27, 2013, 03:53:44 pm »

> I've noticed that this is retardedly hard. Im okay with this. However, whats up with the delay after a gun firing?
Are you referring to fortress mode or adventure mode? While adventure mode is difficult, fortress mode shouldn't be if you're playing cautiously. In any case, the normal guns aren't automatic due to the nature of ranged weapons in DF, but you can increase firing speed with the gunnery skill.

> Plywood shields... what category of stock is it?  There is no plywood/stone under armor.
It may be considered wood, though I'm not sure. I didn't account for plywood as an armor material.

Development is progressing, albeit slowly, as modding time is scarce these days. :( I'm open to bug reports and suggestions in the meantime.
Yeah, I meant adventure mode, as I enjoy that just a bit more.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »

HOLY BUGREPORT, BATMAN!

After installing my Scorpion PA on my "very weak" unicorn, I realized that he dropped down to that level in all attributes. The reason?
The training drink for PA changes attributes, not adds them. Luckily, I had saved beforehand, so nothing lost. You might want to change that to
adding the attribute.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 27, 2013, 08:52:52 pm »

After rechecking the raws I've determined the problem; the first number zero in STRENGTH:0:500 is the percentage change...essentially setting the attribute to zero instead of not changing it (It should have been 100). The second number is the boost, but now that the attribute is zero only 500 is added, setting the final value to be 500.

I missed this as I normally set attributes by the percentage setting and not the boost setting. The correct value should be STRENGTH:100:500, which keeps the attribute the same and adds an additional 500 points. Fortunately this only really affects scorpion power armor, as the steel ranger power armor values are STRENGTH:0:2000, which sets the value to 0 but adds 2000 points, which is still pretty high (though not as high as I'd intended).

You can hotfix this by editing the power armor interactions in interaction_mwt.txt file in your save raws. Here are the edited raws to replace the first three interactions in the file.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:INSTALL_POWER_ARMOR]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:FLASH_TILE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:self]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[SYN_CLASS:SHIELD_APPRENTICE]
[SYN_NAME:CQC power armor]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:(PA):(PA):(PA):START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:100:2000:TOUGHNESS:100:2000:ENDURANCE:100:2000:RECUPERATION:100:2000:START:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:250:0:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE:START:0]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:FLASH_TILE]
[SYN_NAME:knowledge effect]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:128:0:0:1:FREQUENCY:1000:2000:START:0:END:900]

[INTERACTION:INSTALL_POWER_ARMOR_MINIGUN]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:minigun power armor]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:Minigunner (PA):Minigunners (PA):Minigunner (PA):START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:100:2000:TOUGHNESS:100:2000:ENDURANCE:100:2000:RECUPERATION:100:2000:START:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:250:0:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MINIGUN_INITIATION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Reload minigun]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:20]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:VERB:load your minigun battle saddle:loads the minigun battle saddle:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:B:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:600]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:128:0:0:1:FREQUENCY:1000:2000:START:0:END:900]

[INTERACTION:INSTALL_SCORPION_POWER_ARMOR]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:scorpion power armor]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:(scorpion PA):(scorpion PA):(scorpion PA):START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:100:500:TOUGHNESS:100:500:ENDURANCE:100:500:AGILITY:100:500:START:0]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:128:1:0:1:FREQUENCY:1000:2000:START:0:END:900]

It's not a significant bug, as it only is detrimental for scorpion PA (which you can wear without the training potion), so I may not release a patch until later.

Thanks for pointing this out tahujdt! :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:59:01 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:54 am »

I've had a really, REALLY Fun time while playing this.
I had one fort almost fall to brainbots, but I managed to save it by keeping my miners inside the stable; 5 out of the original 7 died. That fort lasted about two years..... then everyone went stark raving mad, berserk, or suicidal. It was survived by a baby unicorn who eventually got kidnapped while in the.. "care" (meaning the baby was watching him run around babbling inside the food stockpile) of the last living adult. Good god, this mod seems makes the game 2x more sadistic and murdery than vanilla dorf fortress.  :o
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 28, 2013, 10:10:06 am »

I made a temp fix myself by changing it to 1500, and leaving it at that. So, can I have my leader drink the potion a second time, or am I screwed?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45:15 am »

You only get one upgrade per pony, so you're screwed. Runesmith doesn't even work for this version and I don't know if JDwarf can change attributes. Still, military training raises attributes, so they will get better eventually, just not as good as they should have been.

> What about modding an alternative drink for that pony to use?  Then changing it back?
Oh, in that case, remove the check if the pony already has an upgrade and see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:10:15 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:22 am »

What about modding an alternative drink for that pony to use?  Then changing it back?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 28, 2013, 07:57:11 pm »

> So, can I have my leader drink the potion a second time, or am I screwed?
If fixing the interaction didn't fix the leader's stats (Perhaps it can't be changed once it's applied), then go to [INTERACTION:INSTALL_SCORPION_POWER_ARMOR] in the interaction_mwt.txt file, remove [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:UPGRADE] from it, and have your unicorn drink the scorpion PA upgrade potion again. While I'm not 100% sure this will work, if it does it lets you avoid having to mess with other upgrade interactions or drinks to fix the problem.

For this, your values should be STRENGTH:100:1500, etc., so you get an additional 1500 points on top of the 500.

> I've had a really, REALLY Fun time while playing this.
Let me know if you encounter any issues. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:18:13 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 29, 2013, 02:38:29 am »

Have dust storms been removed? Unlike the suicidal people, I don't play in savage or evil areas so I've never had to deal with radiation storms. So my last two embarks have all been in calm surroundings, and there've been rad storms. If dust storms have been completely replaced, fantastic. Now I don't have to go to the scarier areas and I don't have to be pissed about worthless dust storm alerts taking my attention away.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 29, 2013, 10:08:22 am »

Have dust storms been removed? Unlike the suicidal people, I don't play in savage or evil areas so I've never had to deal with radiation storms. So my last two embarks have all been in calm surroundings, and there've been rad storms. If dust storms have been completely replaced, fantastic. Now I don't have to go to the scarier areas and I don't have to be pissed about worthless dust storm alerts taking my attention away.

There is a way to deactivate the annoying alerts for bad weather, masterwork has a feature like that, but it also removes the alerts for digging hot/damp tiles and whatnot.
No idea how that works though, you could try checking it out and reverse engineering it somehow.

Got to warn you though Timmy, no alerts for radiation storms WILL kill you.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:40 pm »

Actually... the yellow/green clouds are like gambling... chance that it is only small/negligible injuries, ghoulification or eventual death by rotting everywhere.  That last one is a pretty decent way to train surgery...

Unless the radiation storms are something else.  Then I've never seen one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 29, 2013, 01:28:50 pm »

Got to warn you though Timmy, no alerts for radiation storms WILL kill you.

^That. I turned off all alerts because I was getting tons of "Blah dust storm blah" alerts, and a very large cloud of radiation made it's way onto the map......it hit my wagon, which everyone was still hanging around.... everybody got rotted, knocked out for half the year, and eventually died of thirst.  :'(
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 29, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »

Missed the point entirely. I was asking if dust storms have been replaced entirely with rad storms. I hated alerts for dust storms since they don't do jack shit.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 29, 2013, 02:07:37 pm »

Missed the point entirely. I was asking if dust storms have been replaced entirely with rad storms. I hated alerts for dust storms since they don't do jack shit.

No.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 29, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »

Argh, what happened with me? I read through the whole thread, and now i can't get a decent embarking team. I'm trying to roll one for the last three hours, but no, not even a few good enough ponies. My rule of thumb isn't that strict, give me four useful from the seven and I'm good to go. Reading the skill learning rates was a mistake. With all those cutiemarks, stats, and personalities the team just can't get good enough.
I guess I have to take the worst trash of the wasteland with me, and make it work.
Oh boy.

Did the last update change the frequencies of the castes, or am i just unlucky with the embark lottery?

Also in my last stable i had an earth pony mare who couldn't drop her synth-cola barrels. She got stuck with hauling them every time she got a drink.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 210