Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478862 times)

Trunnwildcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1515 on: February 04, 2013, 07:31:57 pm »

How hard would it be to implement this into a tile set?

Spoiler: Critter List (click to show/hide)
What you see here is a small mod that will overwrite most of the pony creature files in your game. The result is that every caste of every creature has a unique tile, so you can tell who you're looking at, either in your own fortress or in your enemy's attack force, at a glance.
DFFD link.

EDIT:
Now made obsolete; these are in the main download.

I ask because I really like the way the vanilla tiles look and my laptop chugs when i run anything bigger.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:18 pm »

Do you mean implementing a vanilla ASCII tileset? Individual creature tiles like the ones you linked are already present in the ASCII version, but it uses Taffer's tileset.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:55:52 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Trunnwildcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:06 pm »

ya I just don't know how to go about it

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:38 am »

I already use the interaction mechanics you described for some of my spells, but ecountered a few issues when trying to modify them for drugs. At the moment there’s no way to have an interaction run out after a set number of “uses”, so the two options are:

An autoinject interaction that runs out after a period of time: You won’t know when it expires, and it can do so before it’s used if the subject never enters combat. Mixing it into the military food supply as you mentioned can work, but could be problematic with addiction penalties (Something to deter overseers from drugging their citizens up to the gills ;)). There's also no way to tell which soldiers are using which drugs, so you can get instances of soldiers consuming drugs they already have.

A permanent autoinject interaction: You don’t have to worry about it running out, and can control which soldiers have it, but not having to refill it seems cheaty. :-\

We do have poisonous creatures like the radscorpions and paradores, but as Maklak mentioned they're not particularly dangerous compared to some of the later threats.
If you allow a creature to use interaction on others of its kind (ponies) along with itself when entering combat, you can just have some kind of combat medics. That's how I am going to roll with it. And since it's a "pack" of drugs, multiple usage is not an issue. Let's say, an opened drug pack expires after half a year. Now again this is all arbitrary and can be balanced, and I ran a few tests and so far it works not so badly. I decided not to have penalties for drugs and just to make them more expensive through a more complex manufacture process.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:17 am »

I don't like the idea of upgrades expiring after some time. I'll always forget to replenish them. I try to make one coin stack per yer and always have gaps in my forts. So I prefer expensive to expiring. Besides, miniguns are already forever and they take 14x28 bullets to make. I think of it as an average supply of ammo to last a few years, that's being reloaded behind the scenes and scavenged from dead ponies. Like those minigun Steel Rangers who don't drop minigun ammo.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 05, 2013, 05:47:27 am »

Second Stable report.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have to admit i savescummed once with the first artifact, as the iron Scorpion Armor boot was less then satisfactory, and more like annoying. I hate artifact boots, and ponies even need four of them. The iron power armor sounds badass, but i have no idea what to do with it. It goes into the vault this time. Maybe later i can open a box of power armor, and forbid the one i get from that.

Brother Kindness has almost identical personality to Brother Cactus. They are more alike than they would like to be.

Edit:removed something that no longer applies:D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:01:03 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 05, 2013, 10:00:34 am »

Well, you would need a population of 140 to get full scale attacks from every enemy....  no wonder, I've never reached that population and now that I've limited my own pop... but then, the other triggers, I've already overblown em.  The trader one can sometimes be a bit more tricky due to round the clock attacks, but it'll get done eventually unless you metagame it, completely stop after a point/only trade off stuff you get from attackers/dead merchants.

Currently one enemy is purely based on a population trigger.

EDIT: Also, slave traders for some reason have not shown up my last 2 games.... yet, embark showed them as there...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:21:32 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 05, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

If you want to make some soap that doesn't seem out of place, check out the Underhive mod, with its boxes of "alcohol disinfectant". Seems like you might find that in a MoP crate. Maybe you could add a contact syndrome to soap that would work like a magic bandage.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 05, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »

Also, I will be starting a succession/community fort using DFusion to get the following ponies.
1 planter
1 Butcher
10 gunners
1 smith
3 logistics ponies
1 magic master
And others.
If you want preliminary ponying, then pick one. The Magic Master is mine, though.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

Here is that secret mod I was working on...

The Stable-Tec Cryopod
While investigating how to best preserve pony life, the Stable-Tec Corporation briefly investigated cryogenic freezing. However, the project was scrapped after it was deemed inefficient. You can, however, still find experimental chemicals in Stable-Tec crates.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7375 is the download.

This mod adds a "Cryopod Packager" workshop, a cryopod creature and some cryogel chemicals. You can currently freeze your ponies for 10, 20, and 30-year periods. The cryopod creature is only a modified spritebot, so if someone wanted to create a better one that would be great. Follow instructions on the DL page to install. Feedback and comments welcome!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 05, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »

Dude, that idea looks amazing, how did I not think about it after playing Neo Scavenger? Could I use your idea with a credit? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 05, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

Of course. If you make a better creature for it, send it along. Also, I need to add more timings. Currently, it takes on barrel of gel for every ten years. Balancing is still in progress.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 05, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »

Here is that secret mod I was working on...

The Stable-Tec Cryopod
While investigating how to best preserve pony life, the Stable-Tec Corporation briefly investigated cryogenic freezing. However, the project was scrapped after it was deemed inefficient. You can, however, still find experimental chemicals in Stable-Tec crates.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7375 is the download.

This mod adds a "Cryopod Packager" workshop, a cryopod creature and some cryogel chemicals. You can currently freeze your ponies for 10, 20, and 30-year periods. The cryopod creature is only a modified spritebot, so if someone wanted to create a better one that would be great. Follow instructions on the DL page to install. Feedback and comments welcome!
dude.
Thats freaking epic.
Think you could make it for vanilla as well, or does it already work like that, or.....
I enjoy mix and matching mods, and this would be a needed one for me.
Still its a !!FUN!! Idea......
But can we use them as weapons?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:47 pm »

Trunnwildcat: Replace your init.txt file in your data/init folder with the init.txt file from a vanilla DF download.

Deon: An alternative could be another upgrade of the Mr. Handy; Mr. Pharmy, which administers drugs to surrounding soldiers when brought into combat, but otherwise can’t fight or be killed easily. Requiring multiple drug canisters to create, it won't need refills, but can only affect a few soldiers at a time (So more Mr. Pharmy's would be needed for a large militia). That would also reduce micromanagement as Maklak requested.

Gzoker: I'm liking the sound of this religious Stable with population control verging on Inquisition levels of efficiency. :) A larger font for the next one would be appreciated though, along with some screenshots. ;)

Zangi: What’s your population at right now? Have you received Unity ambushes? Any feedback on this will help with the invasion balancing, especially if you feel there are too many attacks going on. How long did those two Stables last, and were they both in this version? Slave traders have a population trigger of 80 and high wealth/trade triggers, so you may not have lasted long enough to trigger them, or it could be a problem with that particular worldgen. Is anyone else not having their slave traders show up?

Tahujdt: Making disinfectant “soap” from alcohol can work. :) Good luck with the succession fort! I’ll take the planter, please.

The Stable-Tec Cryopod is an excellent concept, and is also backed up by the FoE canon (Though I believe it used stasis fields rather than cryogenic freezing). I’ll go ahead and integrate it into the next version. Thanks Tahujdt! :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:00:55 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 05, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »

> The iron power armor sounds badass, but i have no idea what to do with it.
Assuming you got barding, just assign it to a soldier in the equipment list. You may assign individual equipment to soldiers. You don't have to forbid anything. It is better if you pick a soldier with 5+ armour user for this.

> The Stable-Tec Cryopod
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean we already have robobrains. Cryopod just trades a citizen for an ineffective robot.

> An alternative could be another upgrade of the Mr. Handy; Mr. Pharmy, which administers drugs to surrounding soldiers when brought into combat, but otherwise can’t fight or be killed easily.
I like the idea of combat medic upgrade better, but Mr. Pharmy would work too, if assigned as a pet to a squad captain, except for the "can't fight and is killed easily" part. While a Nurse Redheart can (inefficiently) fight, Mr. Pharmy is assumed to be deployed to the battlefield. Well, unless I'm just supposed to pasture a few of them in the barracks.

> Soap from alcohol.
Can you just use synth-reed oil or something similar? If you want alcohol soap, it should be distilled and concentrated first, much like biofuel is, I think.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 210