Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477293 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1545 on: February 06, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »

Firstly, thanks for the feedback. Secondly, I will be working on a more mundane (but still, in my opinion, muchly needed) project next. The teacher in my boring old Comp Tech 1 class has taken pity on me, and he lets me work on my own computer projects. I will have it done by next Tuesday at the latest.(Yay! PT conferences! Three day weekend for me!) Thirdly, I got the inspiration for the cryopod from the FoE version of "War Never Changes". Look it up, but be warned. It contains much more subject matter than the original FoE. On a scale of one to ten, with Dora the Explorer being one, Animaniacs three, FoE being 7, and Fafhrd and Grey Mouser a ten (above this is erotic literature in a logscale) the this would be an 8.5. Still a good read, but just warnin the young'uns in our audience.

So far, the fort is progressing uneventfully. I want it started off before I pass it on. I will post screenshots later today or tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: I ask for the disinfectant because my ponies seem to be extremely vulnerable to infections. Is that intended?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:30:05 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:37 pm »

I got bored, so I made some crappy things for Arena. Cyborgs, or at least a thrown together attempt at them. Comes in three flavors: minor (think Red Eye), scout (think Blackjack, but with built in stealthbucks), and assault ( think Deus). Blarg, might make genuine interactions for them for fort mode, but for now...
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:INSTALL_MINOR_CYBER]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:FLASH_TILE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:self]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE][IE_ARENA_NAME:cyborg]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:UPGRADE]
[SYN_NAME:improved]
               [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:400:TOUGHNESS:200:400:ENDURANCE:200:400:RECUPERATION:100:200:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:c:c:c:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]

[INTERACTION:INSTALL_SCOUT_CYBER]
[IE_IMMEDIATE][IE_ARENA_NAME:steath model cyborg]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:sleek cybernetics]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:s:s:s:START:0]

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:INTERACTION:STEALTHBUCK]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Infiltrate]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET:B:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:VERB:activate stealthbuck:activates stealthbuck:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10000][CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:ENDURANCE:100:1000:RECUPERATION:100:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:180:START:0][CE_ADD_TAG:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:PARALYZEIMMUNE:START:0]

[INTERACTION:INSTALL_HEAVY_CYBER]
[IE_IMMEDIATE][IE_ARENA_NAME:brutal cyborg]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:bulky cybernetics]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:H:H:H:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:600:1000:TOUGHNESS:600:1000:ENDURANCE:100:2000:RECUPERATION:100:2000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:50:START:0][CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:INTERACTION:FLAMETHROWER_INITIATION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Reload flamethrower]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:VERB:ready rocket:readies the rocket battle saddle:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:B:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:600]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:47:23 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 06, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »

Is anyone else not having slave traders show up? :-\

> Farming in general.
A crop revamp is coming up, so expect most of the currently available crops to be replaced with new ones. Synth-reeds will be kept, though.

Zangi: I made no changes to slave traders apart from increasing the number of civs, so I'm not sure why they aren't arriving at your Stable.

> As for my older forts, having nearly round the clock ambushes/sieges is pretty annoying, especially if I want to try to trade or do anything above ground.
Noted. I was already thinking about making winter a breather season, but spacing invasions from the same civ by a season makes sense as well. Making a Fortress Defense mod certainly wasn't my intention. ;)

The feedback is appreciated Zangi! :)

Indigo: From the available screenshots, at the very least I could simulate the twisted metal wreckage left behind by collapsed skyscrapers.

Maklak: Thanks for looking over the guide! :) The flowcharts are more to show relationships between different workshops and their products...the text descriptions should be enough to fill in the gaps. Not sure how I can make the flowcharts easier to read apart from color coding them, but that's not something I have the time for.

> Why not merge Fountain and Water Pump into a single workshop?
The water pump produces an actual 7/7 tile of water when the reaction is run once and the workshop deconstructed. The fountain produces wasteland water drinks, bucket water, and swimming training.

> I rather liked training a lot of skills at a standardised Stable-Tec terminal and now this is being progressively separated into more things.
The way I see it, advanced training hologems like surgery and combat trainers require specialized hardware to run. Stable-Tec for civilian skills, Ministry of Peace for medical skills, and Ministry of Wartime Technology for military skills should be sufficient. I gave smithing skills to the MWT since it was largely responsible for weapons and armor manufacturing.

> As of now, you can't refubrish Little Macintoshes and, more importantly, Spitfire's Thunders to give them the Masterwork quality they should have in the first place.
That was an oversight on my part. Thanks for pointing it out!

> I think that Star Metal can only currently be used for security barding and chains.
Star Metal in its current form is a placeholder...I haven't developed the unique technologies that will revolve around it.

> How about some way to remove a no longer wanted upgrade from a pony. Is this even possible?
Replacing an upgrade with another is possible, but quite complicated, so it's low priority.

Ulrikk: Thanks! Others have already discussed farming (The help is appreciated! :D), but I'll add that eating meat is quite prevalent in post-apocalyptic Equestria.

Tahujdt: Not sure what you mean by the computer project, but good luck with it all the same! :)

> So far, the fort is progressing uneventfully. I want it started off before I pass it on. I will post screenshots later today or tomorrow afternoon.
Looking forward to it! :)

> I ask for the disinfectant because my ponies seem to be extremely vulnerable to infections. Is that intended?
Ponies have low disease resistance compared to dwarves. If this is problematic I'll increase it, but methinks Stable citizens would have weakened immune systems due to generations of living inside a sterile environment.

Pokon: Cybernetics are part of the Ministry of Peace arc, so I'll keep some of those in mind. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:19:48 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 07, 2013, 07:05:59 am »

A while ago I complained that I cut all my gems at the jeweler's workshop and couldn't produce any lenses and hologems. Well, the Fallout Mod has a reaction to "uncut gem". While it can help un-make the kind of mistake I did, it has a much more important application. With un-cutting gems, you could buy them from the caravan and then use them for arcane research. Even with improved gem drop chances from grinding rocks and a small chance from MASc crates, importing gems is still going to be a good idea with all this talisman copying and so on. The correct place for this reaction is of course the Arcane Gemcrafting Station.

[REACTION:TINKER_UNCUT_GEM]
   [BUILDING:TINKER:CUSTOM_U]
   [NAME:uncut gem/junk]
   [REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:CUTGEM]

> > Why not merge Fountain and Water Pump into a single workshop?
> The water pump produces an actual 7/7 tile of water when the reaction is run once and the workshop deconstructed. The fountain produces wasteland water drinks, bucket water, and swimming training.
This explains what they do, not why you need 2 different workshops for this. Still, I like to embark close to a brook and prefer to rely on reservoirs rather than water talismans, so I don't care either way. Water Talismans are just nice for the hospital when you have no sources of water on the map.

Oh and the Fallout Mod I mentioned has a lot of creatures, so you might want to copy and edit some of them to cut development time on MoP arc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:07:44 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

This explains what they do, not why you need 2 different workshops for this. Still, I like to embark close to a brook and prefer to rely on reservoirs rather than water talismans, so I don't care either way. Water Talismans are just nice for the hospital when you have no sources of water on the map.
I, personally, prefer to embark on an aquifer because the infinite pure water is worth the lack of stone.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 07, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »

Guys, which civs supposed to appear in civ list prior to embark? All in "Factions" section, or just some of them?
This day going to be perfect!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 07, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »

Guys, which civs supposed to appear in civ list prior to embark? All in "Factions" section, or just some of them?
Stable
Steel Rangers
Slavers
Slave Merchants
Unity
Raiders
Wastelanders
Talon Company

... I think that is it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 07, 2013, 01:17:24 pm »

The raiders won't show up like the kobolds, but they are there. Everyone else should be on the list. Use the advanced worldgen, if you have problems. Actually use that anyway, because some stuff is missing from the standard worldgens. Pink clouds and such if i'm not mistaken.

I'm playing a big, overcrowded stable for fun, survivor style. On a beautiful day a minotaur reaver showed up. All my cats, and kittens were pastured outside for an early warning system. After a few month of yakety sax he killed only one cat, then a bunch of migrants showed up. Two of them bugged out traders. He caught one of them and teared off its hood. He is using it as a weapon ever since. Now that tons of metal infused muscle can't kill an unconscious kitten. LOL.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 07, 2013, 01:17:59 pm »

So, the raiders is missing in 3rd world in a row then =\

UPD: Im using "Equestria" preset, is this what you mean by advanced worldgen?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:25:13 pm by Morhem »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

So, the raiders is missing in 3rd world in a row then =\
Huh, I'd have to go home and check on that.  Technically, there are 2 separate raider civs.  I know for sure one of em are basically the Kobolds of FO:E... but can't recall what the other is right now.

When you gen a map, export the information when it asks and check the population/sites folder.  It should show 2 separate numbers for Raiders.  Its a much more accurate way to figure if they are still around or not I suppose.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:03 pm »

> With un-cutting gems, you could buy them from the caravan and then use them for arcane research.
The reason I’m opposed to this idea is that it doesn’t make sense to be able to revert small cut gems to an uncut state. Lens-cutting already produces small gems as a side product, making a loop possible if I introduce small gem conversion.

I’m pretty sure caravans also bring rough gems, so I will see if I can force them to bring those only (Seeing as gem “cuts” are moddable).

If all else fails, I can re-increase the yield from rock grinding. I believe the current amounts are sufficient, but any feedback from a Stable with a mature arcane industry would be helpful. :)

> This explains what they do, not why you need 2 different workshops for this.
The fountain is a 3x3 decorative tile workshop, while the water pump is a 1x2. The pump’s smaller size lets it be built more easily over a pit so that when it’s deconstructed, the water goes straight in, instead of spreading around as it would on a larger patch of ground.

> Oh and the Fallout Mod I mentioned has a lot of creatures, so you might want to copy and edit some of them to cut development time on MoP arc.
It's more the complexity of some of the creatures from the novel that's slowing me down rather than the number of them.

> Guys, which civs supposed to appear in civ list prior to embark?
As Gzoker mentioned, all factions but the raiders will show up on the civ list prior to embark. The raiders are hidden until they actually send thieves and ambushes to your Stable. You can also go down the list of civs in Legends Mode to confirm the presence of each.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:07:42 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

BaronVonClop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 07, 2013, 07:42:25 pm »

Is there some kind of trick to how many points you get at Embark, or did I hit a bug?

I've just embarked on a high savagery, heavily forested spot with a brook, and I go to set up my starting equipment only to be handed over 10,000 points. Even after giving my ponies all 10 skills, 400 units of drink and 11 of every type of non-meat available, I'm sitting at 9134 points to spend. It's a little silly to be able to embark with enough food/drink to last easily the first decade or so, so I figured I'd report it in case it's a bug.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:31 pm »

Chances are you got some starting equipment made from salvage. It happens.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 07, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

BaronVonClop: it's a bug of the game, not the mod. Anyway, you don't have to spend them all, but if you have little OCD like me, then buy tons of gold bars, and build a giant pony statue:P Or buy 3000 colored rocks and make pixel art.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 08, 2013, 06:23:12 am »

Yes, its becouse on embark you got antique stuff, and sold it. Im actually ruthlessly exploiting this.. unintended feature.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 210