Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477950 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1590 on: February 11, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

I put my fort here. Please feel free to ask for a turn.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »

I have a problem with crates, in some Stables the crates work fine but in other ones, the option to use crates rarely if ever shows up, I'd just like to point that out.
I'm not sure what it could be though, my Stables are generally always in the same biome while I'm getting used to things so I can't really help with that
Would need more clarification on this... what kind of crates do not work?  Are you trying to use...  I think it is Workbench (is it?) to open the crates?  You'll need a toolbox to build the Workbench.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 11, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »

So I finally got an embark I'm fairly successful with. I've lost a few ponies to violence (one hunter migrant immediately suicide rushed a radscorpion, and I've had two feral pegasus reaver ghouls charge into my base before walling it off) from wildlife, but I've had even more births. I punched through the aquifer, my farms are chugging along nicely, I have a variety of tame animals and a beginning to chicken farming. I have biofuel flying up, and a functional scavenging strategy.

All this in a savage, evil biome, where irradiated dust clouds fly through every season.

I guess all I needed was more pressure.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:26 pm »

I have a problem with crates, in some Stables the crates work fine but in other ones, the option to use crates rarely if ever shows up, I'd just like to point that out.
I'm not sure what it could be though, my Stables are generally always in the same biome while I'm getting used to things so I can't really help with that

You get crates from salvaging medium or high quality salvage logs in the salvage yard, and you open them at the supply depot. If you have a finished goods stockpile set to allow everything that could cause problems. Anything hauled won't show up on the reaction lists in the workshops. So if a pony tries to haul around ten heavy creates in a metal bin it takes forever, and you won't have access to them in the meantime.
If you use burrows, then make sure to include both the supply depot and the part of your fortress where you store the crates. Even if you have only a one tile burrow someplace else it can mess with the custom reactions in the modded workshops.
Other problems can be an inaccessible supply depot ( it has only two walkable tiles ), or a forbidden workshop and/or crates. Anything pathfinding related, closed doors, messed up stairs/ramps.

You have to be a little more specific, but my bet is on the burrow one.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 11, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »

Finished the pony skill rates guide, it wont be updated for a while.
Once castes are revamped I may or may not do it all over again using some fancy table in google docs.

Updated the pony skill rates post with percentage values (chance to get each caste, as calculated by P(ony)SI) and cutiemarks (for EVERY caste, again, courtesy of P(ony)SI).
Also added is the RAW value next to the percentage values for the two races and shared skill gains.
There was unfortunately not enough space to do this for every caste however, so castes don't have RAW values listed.
Also they look messy, deal with it, nothing I can do about it.

So yeah, merry 12th of February Maklak and a happy new 13th to you.

Also, Lycaeon, if you could also credit P(ony)SI for it in the OP... no big deal, but it'd be a polite thing to do.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 11, 2013, 09:25:26 pm »

Zangi:
> Sadly, the parts are not edible... and sent to my refuse pile, even the bones. Apparently, these particular ponies don't have a place in my coffins.
Do you mean slave pony corpses are not sent to your refuse pile? I don’t think the game considers them to be part of your civ, so they’re not candidates for burial, nor do they produce ghosts.

> I think it is Workbench (is it?) to open the crates?
It’s the Supply Depot, which is pretty important, as the products of salvage comprise half of the mod’s features. I’m thinking about removing the toolbox requirement though.

Maklak: Looking good! :) I’m aware of the bloodwing problem and will fix it in the next version.

> Hoods over security / combat helmets should be allowed.
Good point. I don’t know why I didn’t allow that in the first place.

> Scrap ore is mow scarce and despite processing lots of low quality salvage and some medium, I have few of it.
I’ll take a look at the numbers.

> Depleted batteries have value 0. It should be more. Same with fried wiring, empty party balloons and ministry posters.
Zero value was intended to prevent inflation by quality levels, but I guess I’ll give them a value of one.

> The soldiers caught up in each other's skills a bit, but didn't progress much otherwise. Their highest skills are at about 6 and they barely have any shield user.
Default training in DF isn’t as effective as it should be. I personally prefer equipping my ponies with training weapons and pitting them against captured creatures, or using a danger room in emergencies.

> Ponies have 90 learning rate for Dodging. This skill improoves slowly as it it, it shouldn't be nerfed further.
Noted. I’ll return it to normal in the next version.

> So far I haven't been able to trade rough gems with a caravan, except glass.
Hmm…I haven’t commenced my own tests yet, but I may just give rock farming yields another boost.

> Broken glass has way higher value than normal glass.
Also noted for fixing.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Tahujdt: Good luck with your new exam! The terminal readout certainly looks interesting.

Wilde Card: Gzoker’s explanation is pretty much spot on. The DF stockpile AI is finicky, so I usually just build related workshops right next to each other and their stockpiles.

Demdemeh: Good to see somebody surviving out there. :)

Replica: Much appreciated! :D I'll be changing the base dodging rate from 90 to 100, but apart from that there's still no plans for a revamp in the near future.

And I did forget to credit P(ony)SI…thanks for reminding me. :-[
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:00 pm »

>If you have a finished goods stockpile set to allow everything that could cause problems. Anything hauled won't show up on the reaction lists in the workshops.
I shall never let my crates be hauled again, ever. Thanks

I had collected:
9 broken civilian crates
3 normal civilian crates
1 explosive crate
1 Ministry of Image crate
4 Ministry of Peace crates
6 Ministry of Morale crates
5 Ministry of Wartime Tech crates
4 Ironshod crates
4 Stable-Tec crates
and 5 RoBronco crates before I thought to ask here :P

> ...provided the stockpile's near your Supply Depot
Even better! Cheers
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:08:01 am by Wilde Card »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »

He means they won't show up while they're being hauled. When they reach their destination stockpile they'll be available again, provided the stockpile's near your Supply Depot and not in a different burrow.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:00:10 am by Lycaeon »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 12, 2013, 12:57:49 am »

I have just noticed that i can't make biofuel from alcohol, if it's stored in pots. I guess this is not intended.

Edit: Also, the rock grinder workshop's 'grind rocks into sand' reaction puts sand in every kind of storage item(coffers, glass box), not just bags.
One of my unicorns, the one i wanted to make my ultimate badass military commander lost her horn. A raider shoved her down a ramp and she fell on her head, and her horn shattered. I wanted to make a display case for the lost horn (nice addition for the arcane research center), so i made them grind the rocks into sand on repeat for a clear glass box and a few windows. The first item my ponies grabbed was a plasteel coffer, then the brand new glass box. Now almost everything is filled with sand.
It's fitting by the way. Just imagine a long forgotten stable where ponies slowly withered away, and left their belongings covered in the dust they once were.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:11:31 am by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:46 am »

One of my unicorns, the one i wanted to make my ultimate badass military commander lost her horn. A raider shoved her down a ramp and she fell on her head, and her horn shattered.
A cruel fate for one so promising.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:57 pm »

> I have just noticed that i can't make biofuel from alcohol, if it's stored in pots. I guess this is not intended.
It's not. I'll enable containers other than barrels in the next version.

> The first item my ponies grabbed was a plasteel coffer, then the brand new glass box. Now almost everything is filled with sand.
Hm...the reaction has the [BAG] token, so it should only be using bags. I'm going to have to double-check this. Does the kiln still use sand in the other containers to make glass?

Thanks for pointing these out! :)

> A raider shoved her down a ramp and she fell on her head, and her horn shattered.
I didn't know that was possible. :o
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:08:43 pm by Lycaeon »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 12, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

Replica and P(ony)SI, thanks for updating the caste guide.
It could use the info that these castes have special properties:
* MUSICIAN (Needs a Note and not Composition to perform Music, making the process much more efficient. Increased buffs to listeners, from *1.02 to *1.10 in some attributes for a week. Can also play Vinyl's, Octavia's or Lyra's music, with the appropriate artiffacts, which give *1.20 boost for a week.)  Castes: EARTH_FMUS, EARTH_MMUS, UNICORN_FMUS, UNICORN_MMUS
* COMEDIAN (Needs a Note and not Composition to perform Comedy, making the process much more efficient. Increased buffs to listeners, from *1.02 to *1.10 in some attributes for a week.) Castes: EARTH_F56, EARTH_M56, UNICORN_F56, UNICORN_M56
* LEADER (Needs a Note and not Composition to perform Speech, making the process much more efficient. Increased buffs to listeners, from *1.02 to *1.10 in some attributes for a week.) Castes: EARTH_F55, EARTH_M55, UNICORN_F55, UNICORN_M55, EARTH_FMAS, EARTH_MMAS, UNICORN_FMAS, UNICORN_MMAS, EARTH_FCAP, EARTH_MCAP, UNICORN_FCAP, UNICORN_MCAP
These "inspiration" bonuses don't stack with each other and only one can be active at any moment, but building a theater in the barracks and in some high-traffic area should be worth it for any overseer with some spare paper. If your noble is a leader, it is also climatic to have him perform occasional speeches. Of course you have to use workshop profiles for this.

> > The soldiers caught up in each other's skills a bit, but didn't progress much otherwise. Their highest skills are at about 6 and they barely have any shield user.
> Default training in DF isn’t as effective as it should be. I personally prefer equipping my ponies with training weapons and pitting them against captured creatures, or using a danger room in emergencies.
I know, I'm just trying to find a good training method. Some people manage to get legendaries after a year of training. Well, I don't.
One thing you could do to counteract this is increasing learning rates of Dodge and Armour User for all ponies and even more for security castes.

> > So far I haven't been able to trade rough gems with a caravan, except glass.
> Hmm…I haven’t commenced my own tests yet, but I may just give rock farming yields another boost.
If rough gems can't be bought from caravans (I think it is so, but am still testing this), then you could also consider:
* Removing [PRODUCT:50:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] from Arcane Gemcrafting starion to prevent a loop.
* Adding the reaction to uncut small gems to Arcane Gemcrafting Station, so we can use gems from the caravan. If you don't like the idea, uncutting large gems would work too, but would be more expensive and less efficient.
I need a lot of stones for furniture, blocks and other things, so I'm stingy with spending it on rock grinding.

Since silk is needed for advanced scrolls and arcane research and even after opening the caverns it is quite scarce, would you consider modding in Silk Roses from Loosing is Magic?

Another chunk of an update:

After clearing an 80x80 square from trees, low and medium quality salvage, and making bronze maybe 3 or 5 times (9-15 scrap ore), I'm left with 20 scrap ore. Converted to bronze this is about 80 bars (and some things take up to 3 bars to make), but when my biofuel refinery is up and running, this will barely be enough for a few steel weapons. I may have to resort to smelting Galena into bronze to save on scrap after all. Still this is only my first half-year. In 0.88 I had 500+ scrap ore after 5+ years of collecting it, so maybe time and clearing all the surface will give me more.

I guess trees are sparser here than the last map. Maybe 4 times sparser. Deforestation of the whole 4x4 embark seems possible within the first two years, while normally I can't do that at all.

I modded the permit on hood to be 28. This allows for a security / combat helmet, and a head wrapping, but not a Power armour helmet. You want to make this at least 20 to allow for most helmets to fit under hoods.

11th  February
Servitor is the Expedition Leader for some reason and the Liaison follows him around. There is so much to do, that they can't find any time to talk.

Dodger and Dolphin are Sparring. The current military skills are:
Sunny   4 Axe, 3 Dodge, 5 Fighter, 5 Armour User, 3 Shield User, 0 Crutch Walker
Dodger  2 Axe, 5 Dodge, 4 Fighter, 1 Armour User, 2 Shield User, 3 Crutch Walker
Dolphin 6 Axe, 2 Dodge, 4 Fighter, 2 Armour User, 2 Shield User, Not Invalid.

I don't even know how to check this, but I think that Security Barding and normal horseshoes leave some part of the legs exposed. A lot of military ponies get nasty cuts on their hooves.

26th February
A raider thief comes along. The security is told to deal with him. They are wearing their helmets now. He managed to escape. Oh well, at least nopony got hurt. It pays off to have cats as an early warning system.

28th February
Another thief and some Radhogs. No big deal.

1st March.
A rather uneventful year has passed. The current military skills are:
Sunny   4 Axe, 4 Dodge, 5 Fighter, 5 Armour User, 3 Shield User, 1 Crutch Walker
Dodger  2 Axe, 5 Dodge, 4 Fighter, 2 Armour User, 2 Shield User, 3 Crutch Walker
Dolphin 6 Axe, 2 Dodge, 4 Fighter, 3 Armour User, 2 Shield User, Not Invalid.
I guess this training method doesn't work that well. Next time I'll try (1 Axe, 5 Dodge, 4 Teacher) plus (1 Axe, 5 Armour User, 4 Teacher).

18th March
27 migrants arrive, bringing us to target population of 40. Two of them are foals and most of them aren't good at anything useful. Only a few of those ponies are quite skilled. There are also some potential soldiers, including gunners.

Heh, got myself a Red Eye clone. "His natural charisma allows him to convince others easily." and a burnt away Cutie Mark.

It will be a while before I sort these guys out and re-organize the army. Unfortunately the teacher squad hasn't progressed much and isn't ready for their intended role. This also means relieving Servitor from enough duties so he finally speaks to the liaison and I can try to order rough gems, which was one of the purposes of this Stable. The other was testing a method to train military.

On the plus side I have 3 sheriffs (Star and Sabers CM, View range 40), a gunner and 2 unopened packs of pellets, so I'll get some ranged support at last.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:46:20 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »

I find it strange that some ponies can have a spear cutie mark, but Vault Dwellers can't make any weapons that use the spear skill.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 12, 2013, 07:27:23 pm »

I find it strange that some ponies can have a spear cutie mark, but Vault Dwellers can't make any weapons that use the spear skill.
Power drills count as spear-type weapons.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 12, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »

Right, but those are... well... drills. You can't upgrade them like you can machetes, hammers, hacksaws, et cetera. There's even a "jagged spear" weapon in the raws with an "energy spear" upgrade, but it's not manufacturable.

It just seems strange.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 210