Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472501 times)

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1620 on: February 14, 2013, 07:04:58 am »

Thx for the tip, and sorry, I will try to ask less stupid questions, and read more manuals from now on =P

It was the case, I did not know about this option. Unicorns, however, still not equipping helmets - is there a special helmets with a horn sockets, or they have to rely on wrappings and hoods?
This day going to be perfect!

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:04 am »

Indigo_Surprise, I do not like your changes. I'm especially against "will bring with it a -100% penalty to farming." Maybe 50 or even 30 learning speed for a skill I could understand, but not 0. That said, whatever works for you.

> Helmets and Horseshoes.
Both UPs and EPs can wear all helmets, even Power Armour, to Lycaeon's discontent. What you describe is just the result of how layers and permits work in DF. Ponies wear horseshoes, jumpsuits and a hat / head wrapping / hood. Hats can't be worn over a helmet at all, unless you decrease their layer size to 8 or increase the permit of helmets to 10. Hoods can't be worn over helmets, unless you increase their permit to at least 15. In 0.88 this wasn't a problem, but my ponies wore a helmet and 5 tough carapace hoods, so Lycaeon nerfed it. The unintended result is that you usually can't wear a helmet without setting the uniform to replace clothing.

The horseshoe issue is intentional. You can't wear two sets over one another and the only known fix is to replace clothing and add "security horseshoes" or whatever to the uniform. You might want to add socks too, while you're at it.

Personally I just use "over clothing" for the first year or two, then change to "replace clothing" once I have more than enough of everything I need for the uniforms.

Ah, I know why I played in the year 110 last time. I cancelled the worldgen at some point.

Got lots of Wastelander Civilisations, some Talons, some Steel Rangers and a Unity fortress. Not that I plan to play that long.

Hm, didn't get a good combination of CMs the first time. Aborting and embarking again. "Little soil" and "Shallow metal" would normally disqualify a site, but it is heavily forested at least and I can make Flux out of bones. Cutie Marks are even worse, but hey, I got antique quiver, splint, crutch and wheelbarrow. At least I can cash in :) 
I take two soldiers this time: A Sheriff (1 Axe, 4 teacher, 5 Armour User) and a Philosopher (1 Axe, 4 Teacher, 5 Dodge). Civilians include: A leader, a CMP, a Farmer, a Miner / Mason and a Salvager / Carpenter. 
The supplies are ridiculous:
Hacksaws + Bronze Barding and Helmets for the two soldiers.
141 Oak logs for beds, bins, barrels and charcoal. 
20 granite blocks for workshops.
20 marble for making steel
100 saltpeter (600 gunpowder is enough for 36000 small or 16800 medium or 5600 large calibre ammo.)
Some animals.
10 security turrets
7 protectorponies
25 sprite-bots.
I couldn't take any of the advanced tools and toys from salvage, but what I have provides me with ridiculous initial resources and safety from animals.

Hm, the map is not as forested and not as flat as I would like it to be. Other than that: I have chalk layers, which is Flux. The "Shallow Metal" turned out to be Limonite, an iron ore and there's lots of it. Magma is not that deep below the surface. Variety of gems isn't that great, but it never was in any of my embarks in this mod. Everything is frozen despite the spring, so I have to pay attention and not place workshops and stockpiles over ice. All in all a great embark.

After doing dome designations, a pasture and ordering dogs and protectorponies to be trained for war, I unpause the game. A barrage of laser shots scares away the dogs, but causes only minor wounds. Well, except one of them, that Charges Vet Whitecoat who was training a Protectorpony. One Protectorpony kills a Feral Dog with a lucky shot to the head. The dog who was stupid enough to approach the ponies is beaten down by protectorponies. The dogs just refuse to learn. Another dog charges the entrance. The dog manages to wound a bighorner and do some damage to a turret, but is beaten down. The bighorner it wounded, bit the dog's paw off, then caved in it's head with a kick in return.

Blaze and Meditation are drafted into security, but left at inactive for now.

Wow, with abundant resources this feels like a completely different game. With 10000 embark points I could have taken 75 Sprite-bots. Or better yet, almost a thousand cats.

6th Granite
A feral Dog gets pwned by 5 sprite-bots. Everypony gets their very own War-trained Protectorpony as a bodyguard. Huh? Those idiots pastured several security turrets in the same spot, I make adjustments. 

23rd Granite
The water is thawing... Damn, a part of the wood stockpile is over ice and I loose a few logs.
More and more dogs are killed by the sheer volume of robot fire.
I tried #digvx on the limonite. It resulted in me spending the next 10 minutes fixing mining designations. I'll only use normal #digv from now on.

11th Slate
The barracks are built. The soldiers are told to train.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 14, 2013, 03:37:48 pm »

@Maklak I haven't made any changes. You can't change something that hasn't been done yet. It's all in development.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:43:05 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »

Hoods will allow helmets in the next version. :)

Gzoker: The pods are not indestructible; if an enemy shatters the glass cover before the duration is up, the pony inside will die.

> When the effect is over and they turn back, will they heal all their wounds and missing limbs like were creatures?
Yep. I felt it was a fair trade-off for being able to pasture stasis pods in some sort of storage chamber. On the other hoof, the minimum interval is five years, so stasis is not an easy means of restoring crippled ponies. As a Ministry of Peace invention, it was probably used to keep severely injured ponies alive for treatment.

Indigo: Good luck with your entity! :) I won’t be touching my caste rates for a while apart from some small changes…plenty of other features to address first.

Maklak: Your new embark looks good, though I'm still a bit annoyed at the sheer number of embark points antiques provide.

> I used 2 pony squads in Ponderplanned and it didn't work out.
I see your point there, and will give armor use and dodging the necessary boosts. Thank you for your tests! :)

> This mod just gets richer and richer with every update, but complexity isn't always a good thing.
Each of the current buildings either has a unique gameplay/story function or divides a pool of reactions that would be too large for a single workshop. An example of the former would be the stasis bay, while the MAW prismatic forge would be one of the latter. I try to streamline things where I can, but I intend each Ministry and industry to have its own zone within a typical Stable.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 14, 2013, 08:59:05 pm »

My current embark has no trees whatsoever. No coal, either, from what I can tell.

So despite having ores of every metal, ridiculous technology, and several power talismans, I can't forge weapons, because I can't find a prismatic metalsmith's forge in the workshop list.

???
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 14, 2013, 09:26:20 pm »

If you mean a prismatic version of the vanilla metalsmith's forge, there isn't one available, as I can't simulate its menus in a custom workshop. You can, however, convert alcoholic drinks, oil, and animal tallow into coke at the biofuel refinery, which should provide enough fuel once you begin farming.

On that note, I'll add the base machete, sledgehammer, and hacksaw, among other essential items, to the MWT prismatic forge.

Did you obtain the technology from salvage logs brought on embark? ???

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »

No; there's salvage logs aplenty. I literally cannot make a depot large enough to contain all of my salvage logs. Unfortunately, there are no vanilla trees, and damned if I'm burning the salvage for charcoal.   :P

Thanks for telling me about the biofuel, though. Now I have something better to do with all that dog tallow than tallow pie.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:10:11 pm by Mura »
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 15, 2013, 12:27:37 am »

So I walk into this thread, and...

convert animal tallow into coke at the biofuel refinery

...[YAY]ING GENIOUS!!!

Seriously, I just walked in and immediately saw an awesome idea. Lycaeon, you're a visionary.

um... Do you mind if I make the same thing in Rampage?

On that note, I'll add the [...] hacksaw, among other essential items

Why do they call it a hacksaw, anyway? :crazy:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:30:16 am by Valikdu »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 15, 2013, 12:49:05 am »

Go for it Valikdu, but the the biofuel refinery in particular was Deon's idea, so credit him instead. :)

'Hacksaw' is parlance for a general-purpose utility saw.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:19 am »

But it doesn't hack! Hacking is what I was doing with the knife just before!

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 15, 2013, 01:09:15 am »

Oh, it does that too, though the chainsaw's a bit better at it. ;)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:18 am »

Does the current version support adventure mode, or does it only support fort mode right now?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 15, 2013, 04:18:16 am »

> Does the current version support adventure mode, or does it only support fort mode right now?

It doesn't prevent you from playing adventure mode as a wastelander, but all the good stuff is fortress mode only. I played adventurer mode for a few hours in one of the previous versions, but FPS got to about 5 seconds per step, so I quit.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zakarii

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Enchantress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »

So I just had a pony with the medic cutie mark arrive... Without a head. She immediately dropped her hat and began walking slowly towards my outpost. The thoughts screen did not offer a description of her head but only noted that 'Her neck is gone.'. The health screen displayed that she could not breath and had lost her vision. She walked about fifteen tiles before dying from suffocation.

Hmm.
The mayor punches The Forgotten Beast in the abdomen with his right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 15, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »

So I just had a pony with the medic cutie mark arrive... Without a head. She immediately dropped her hat and began walking slowly towards my outpost. The thoughts screen did not offer a description of her head but only noted that 'Her neck is gone.'. The health screen displayed that she could not breath and had lost her vision. She walked about fifteen tiles before dying from suffocation.

Hmm.

What.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 210