Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478740 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98 beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1665 on: February 20, 2013, 10:14:48 am »

Well, usually, ill take ONE bullet, and suddenly im fucked. its pretty much always the bandits, as they all have shit that can kill me fast. all it takes it ONE missed shot, and then blam! im n the floor being swordraped by a bandit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:52 am »

Get more followers!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 20, 2013, 11:45:09 am »

Meatshields only do so much when the game treats a handgun or rifle like a crossbow and makes it take forever to let you fire another round. Maybe opt for melee instead? At least then a missed hit might not lead to instant death.

You know, unless you get shot. Then you'll black out and it won't matter what you're using.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

A lot of agility and high weapon skill, and you shoot like from a machinegun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 20, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »

Two questions: First, did you ever do a Stable-tec arc? Second, how about not trying so hard with energy weapons? It's been tried before, and no-one wants you to strain yourself trying to think of a workaround. Unless you can figure out what makes ammo break on contact, and apply that. I also have a modding question: What are the raw values that govern ranged weapon speed, range, and velocity? Lastly, a suggestion: Change the plural of Med. Cal. ammo to (n) bullets in a clip, or something. I'ma work on a couple major mods for this, one of which is something that is really needed to have a nice-looking Stable. 
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:52 pm »

The range is the same for all weapons, the speed of shooting is determined by the speed and ranged/weapon skills of the gunner and velocity is determined by weapon raws.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 20, 2013, 09:41:09 pm »

Adventure mode is going to need its own set of reactions to improve survivability, because at the moment it pits wastelanders equipped with basic plate armor and machetes/revolvers against enemies a Stable citizen would face with full security barding and chainsaws/combat rifles.

> Did you ever do a Stable-tec arc?
Only Ministry arcs so far. While a Stable-tec arc would be interesting, most of the upcoming major features are affiliated with one or more of the Ministries.

> How about not trying so hard with energy weapons?
No worries – brainstorming the above options was the extent of my work on them. There are plenty of other additions that take priority, some of which you guys are definitely going to like. ;)

> What are the raw values that govern ranged weapon speed, range, and velocity?
Deon answered this well. Apart from damage, modded ranged weapons can’t deviate much from the vanilla crossbow. Despite this, I’m pretty satisfied with how the pistol, combat rifle, and anti-machine rifle work.

> Change the plural of Med. Cal. ammo to (n) bullets in a clip, or something.
Ammo does sound strange as a plural, so probably bullets, then.

> I'ma work on a couple major mods for this.
Looking forward to them! :D I enjoyed implementing your previous mod - the stasis pods now have a metal hull, glass dome, and a sleeping pony inside that dies should the dome be shattered. They can also be lined up in nice, orderly rows in enormous sleep chambers...putting away all those unwanted migrants.

Thanks tahujdt! :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:08:16 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:38 am »

Well... this has nothing to do with this mod and with ponies, but if you want to play adventurer so much, there is a post-apocalyptic scavenger simulator.

http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21

* Fights almost always end badly for you and wounds are a serious problem.
* Hypothermia is a serious issue - get some clothes, light a fire and drink the yellow corn syrup.
* Write down crafting recipes outside of the game when you find them. (Or use the wiki: http://neoscavenger.wikia.com/wiki/Combining_Items )
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:56:52 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:11 pm »

I was thinking that the stasis thing would be good for nobles, then... remembered that I still need the bastards to be my diplomats. 
Also, added the appointed by mayor thing to them, cause they are prone to crazy or death in my fortress...

Turned the skill decay off once again and lowered price of slaves.  Turned back on their eating and drinking.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »

Allowing you to play as a slaver company would be great fun. You would be able to cage imigrants(the ones that someone deems worthless) and could sell them to caravans for profit. Don't know how much coding it would take for you to code it, but it seems awesome(in theory)

If you are unable to read it, let me know... I am terrible at wording stuff, I just write it how it comes out.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:41 pm »

Allowing you to play as a slaver company would be great fun. You would be able to cage imigrants(the ones that someone deems worthless) and could sell them to caravans for profit. Don't know how much coding it would take for you to code it, but it seems awesome(in theory)

If you are unable to read it, let me know... I am terrible at wording stuff, I just write it how it comes out.
Ah, actual slaver?  Doing it to migrants is way too easy... and meta.  Plus, you are doing it to your own ponies.  It would make more sense to enslave the hostile ponies and griffons you cage up...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:15 pm »

Ah, actual slaver?  Doing it to migrants is way too easy... and meta.  Plus, you are doing it to your own ponies.  It would make more sense to enslave the hostile ponies and griffons you cage up...

Why not both? No self-respecting slaver is a cheesemaker, after all.

Actually, a "Fillydelphia Slaver" faction would be fun to play around with. Only one on goodish terms with the Talons, so you get to have a bunch of armed griffon guards flying around when they are "trading". Slavery as a industry is coupled by a early ability to produce high-tech goods, but lacking in the high technology front besides a access to cybernetics. Of course, the civ would almost certiantly be led by a "Alicorn" creature that fights its way on top akin to how demons and others do.

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »

Whenever I run the executable, I get a Blue Screen 'O Death (TM). Any thoughts? I don't get it from running .95c, or vanilla. What init changes did you make?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:44 pm »

I've just found a thread with some ranged weapon research that can be helpful to rebalance the ranged weapons, especially BBs.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115448.0
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »

Tahujdt: While I'm confounded on how that could happen, here are the changes I made apart from the raws:

A new song_title.ogg file (Loaded with the .exe, so a possible culprit)
A new Dwarf Therapist (Unlikely the cause, as it's loaded separately from the .exe)
Changes to the tileset (Also unlikely)

The exe file itself was also changed, but that was in 0.95c.

I would also try downloading it again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? ???

Zangi: Do you feel the skill rust rates are too high?

Iceblaster: I do have plans for expanding the slavery system, but none for creating a playable slaver faction.

Maklak: I'll take a look at that, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:20:55 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 210