Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477902 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.85c beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:56 am »

You're a lot more fast paced than me. I focus on one project, and that's usually always getting my farms built and crop plans laid out. I usually have entire squads of ponies before I even have military gear to give them. Having just a few members of a security team is a completel foreign concept to me. :P I really need to ramp up my scrap production... aha! That's what I'll use the surface for! The surface is about to be turned into The Pitt.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

I know DF combat favors numbers over individual skill, but I hate large groups of dorfs/ponis/hoomans/what have you. So I usually end up with six or seven people in my military, and unless they're really well trained and equipped the first real threat that comes along tears them apart. More fun that way ;p

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

This is a great mod. Loving it.

I know DF combat favors numbers over individual skill, but I hate large groups of dorfs/ponis/hoomans/what have you. So I usually end up with six or seven people in my military, and unless they're really well trained and equipped the first real threat that comes along tears them apart. More fun that way ;p
Six or seven? I only use about two to be honest.
There's so much sparring that it makes the two have l33t skills, though.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »

Three-pony squads do the most sparring, I find, so I have three melee fighters and I have three ranged ponies to build up for the end-game weaponry (dem anti-machine rifles). Fortunately for me I just finished my ranged training room; it's just a raider behind some fortifications, yes, but BB guns can't do anything but bruise him. My barely-trained snipers are already in the Talented range and they're only going up.
I just destryed the first raiders; my captain fought off all five of them while my lazy squaddies caught up. He, his artifact shield (an amazing mood; too bad it's only brahmin bone) and his combat armor managed to get out of there with nothing but bruises despite fighting them for nearly a minute.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2012, 07:31:53 pm »

Amusingly, those so-called anti-mechine rifles are doing diddly squat to my Protectapony guards. Those poor steel rangers, wasting ammo on a armored target. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »

Well, there went my 'impregnable' fort. Didn't have enough ponies to get what I needed done so I died to a raider ambush. Or rather I quit once the raiders showed up. The fort was so huge and sprawling it took forever to haul anything anywhere.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »

Guys, I cannot suggest my training method more highly.

It's been one season since I implemented the new training regime. Already all three marksponies are at Grand Master Gunnery. I've set up another squad of rangers, including an eight-year-old colt with a sniping cutie mark, and the raider I have hasn't suffered a single red wound yet. I'm getting magma forges set up so I can melt down all these damned chests and make some actual weapons, and once I have some steel security barding I'm going to try my luck in the caverns again.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:51 pm »

It's a method I've been planning on trying. I've forgone my serrated disc hallway for a cage trap one.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »

since I haven't anything to add, ptw

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2012, 12:35:57 am »

A quick thing I wipped up. There like goats, but...special. I just call them the Brayherd.

I'm mostly sticking to Fallout 3 and FoE canon for now, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

I've found a way to improve the success rate on upgrade and other reactions that use boiling rocks. Expect a mini-update with some other features soon.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:48:35 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:35 am »

Are you planning anything with any of the diamond dogs?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2012, 12:57:07 am »

They're in there...just not how you would expect. ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:59:13 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2012, 01:00:50 am »

When I was doing my own mod I was thinking of a drink/food item that would have an attached syndrome instead of the standard evaporation. Those are a lot more reliable than gas-transmitted syndromes, iirc.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:57 am »

Crazy Cow is a genius, I hadn't thought about using live victims for BB gun target practice.

I'm mostly sticking to Fallout 3 and FoE canon for now, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

I'd love you long-time if you added Wanamingos with body parts all labeled as "?".
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:00 am »

Crazy Cow is a genius, I hadn't thought about using live victims for BB gun target practice.

I'd love you long-time if you added Wanamingos with body parts all labeled as "?".

Just the lungs ;p
And you really give me too much credit. The thought came to me when I realized BBs don't actually hurt anything, and I remembered that the best way to gain firing XP was to actually shoot something.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:26:20 am by Crazy Cow »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 210