Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472574 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98c beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1800 on: March 06, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »

Thanks, Plus if it works, I'll post the raw for it.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 06, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »

You know, once we have drugs, crazed drug dispensing robots will either be fantasticly amusing or horrifing. Or both.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:38 pm »

Lycaeon: I was trying to make something that was basically an incomplete Redheart chassis welded onto a Protectapony, but apparently calling for more than one full-blown body type in the same raw makes for trouble. I may simplify as per your advice.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 07, 2013, 02:07:00 pm »

The ASCII is labeled as .98b on DFFD. Isn't it .98c?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 07, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

@Lycaeon:
Advice considered and disregarded. That would be cheating ;p

@Graknorke
It's really not that bad. The color scheme is pretty wonky (red and brown only exist as shades of yellow), but it's all pretty readable after you get past a few quirks.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 07, 2013, 06:24:53 pm »

Mura: New body combinations often require editing in the body.txt raws, so it’s easier to edit new creatures using existing body types.

Tahujdt: It’s 0.98c. I forgot to change the version number.

Crazy Cow: Just know that robot upgrade potions require a base robot, while assembly potions require a creature (Noted in the name of the drink) nearby when ponies drink them. Landmines, for example, require chickens near the drinking pony. I suggest a room containing a stockpile for upgrade potions as well as a pasture for creatures to be upgraded.

The story is nice, but the screenshots could be zoomed in more. It’s difficult to tell things apart with the matrix tiles at that distance. Also, are you sure you didn't find any ammo in those MWT crates? It should be more common than the combat rifles.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 08, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »

Trying out 98c, though I'll probably stop after a couple years to try out some chemistry lab additions.

Going to try out adding some reactions to expand out the nylon/polymer chain a bit.
Purify polymer feedstock from (5) biofuel: 5 biofuel canisters -> 1 Polymer feedstock canister
Purify polymer reactant from lye: 1 lye -> 10 polymer reactant canisters
Synthesize nylon: 1 polymer feedstock canister + 1 polymer reactant canister -> 1 nylon thread
Synthesize polymer mass: 1 polymer feedstock canister + 1 polymer reactant canister -> 5 Bakelite globs (wax reaction class material)

Bakelite globs could also be usable as an ingredient for some robot parts.

Yeah it's not actually very realistic (the reactant should really be distilled wood alcohol processed with a silver catalyst, and the ratios are way off), but lye makes a wonderful renewable yet limited ingredient.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 08, 2013, 01:54:43 pm »

Instead of the pulse mines disabling them, could you make it so they will turn into a creature that we can kill to drop a PA box? Because it seems to me that disabling a Steel Ranger then removing his armor would make it less likely to be damaged.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 08, 2013, 02:14:37 pm »

Just lost a fort in an evil region.

Literally everyone was outside when a "cloud of pink cloud" descended. Ponies were coming down with Ebola-like symptoms, oozing blood from every medically plausible location and more. The last survivor, my militia captain, bled to death about twenty seconds after the dust dispersed. She was miserable, having just seen her only friend and foal die horribly in front of her.

I love this game.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 08, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »

oozing blood from every medically plausible location and more.

Oh god... my imagination made me think of something disgusting..... ewwww
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:44:17 pm by Iceblaster »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:11 pm »

oozing blood from every medically plausible location and more.

Oh god... my imagination amde me think of something disgusting..... ewwww
That's ebola for you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 08, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »

Good to hear about the new version. I especially applaud the UI enhancements from dfhack plugins. I don't like it that robots got nerfed even more, but maybe that's because I hardly even got to robot upgrades and spells once, so I've never seen the (over)power of 15 or so upgraded robots. That few months with around 50 robots and turrets in that fort on my other computer was pretty fun, though.

Nylon for 5 biofuel and 1/10 lye is expensive. I don't really see the point of even including the lye. All it does is it makes the production chain more complex and longer, without really putting a bottleneck on it. I can just process 10 ash into 100 reactant rather than into some gunpowder and have all the reactant I'll ever need. It is the biofuel that makes things expensive anyway. 1 biofuel is 5 tallow or 1 (processed) plant and I can use those for fuel as well.

> Instead of the pulse mines disabling them, could you make it so they will turn into a creature that we can kill to drop a PA box?
Oh, but think of the possibilities. The way thing are now, you can zap the Rangers in some secluded spot, arm your militia with training weapons and BBs and let them have a field day, without any risk of injury. The only downsides I see are designing and building the trap, no defensive training apart from weapon skills for parrying and rendering at least part of your fighting force useless until they're done with their training.
Plus the mental image of ponies taking SRs prisoners and using them as training dummies, making a deafening noise on their "cans" until they die is about as evil and slower than making a bonfire under a disabled SR to cook him alive, like in Project Horizons.

BTW, are mines one-shot wonders or do they reset? Do they chain-react if pastured close together? They seem like a nice addition at the end of the corridor filled with cage and weapon traps.

Wow, an I thought the kind of dust storms that got removed from the game was pretty annoying. Yeah, I've noticed that too. I like to build my compound in the centre of the map and that seems to be the place where all the dust storms were headed.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 08, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

Nylon for 5 biofuel and 1/10 lye is expensive. I don't really see the point of even including the lye. All it does is it makes the production chain more complex and longer, without really putting a bottleneck on it. I can just process 10 ash into 100 reactant rather than into some gunpowder and have all the reactant I'll ever need. It is the biofuel that makes things expensive anyway. 1 biofuel is 5 tallow or 1 (processed) plant and I can use those for fuel as well.
I have thought that myself, but it's kinda for game balance. Silk is supposed to be hard to come by, and biofuel is really easy to mass produce actually. 1 biofuel = 1 silk cloth after a couple reactions would just be too easy.
I was thinking about not doing the bakelite glob reaction and making the nylon reaction produce 4 globs of bakelite as a byproduct. The nylon thread is the main product and the globs are the leftover inefficiencies of the process, polymer that wouldn't extrude nicely.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 08, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »

Iceblaster: whatever you're thinking, real Ebola is worse. You bleed from literally everywhere, as your clotting abilities are destroyed and every blood vessel in your body becomes microperforated. Bad as that is, it isn't usually the direct cause of death- the sheer amount of tissue damage caused by the virus leads to entire organ systems becoming necrotic within weeks of infection.

... I have an idea.  :D

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 08, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

The dust clouds are one of the reasons I actively enjoy embarking in evil areas despite the propensity of failed Stables.  My current is in a sinister desert and when my first slaver caravan showed up, my first raider siege followed them into the area.  The merchants got inside and I sealed off my gates with everyone down below.  A few weeks passed and then I started getting combat messages.  Turns out a pair of military protectoponies wandered into my desert and started assaulting the invaders.  They took out 4 of them with laser shots before engaging in melee and that's when the irradiated cloud of dust rolled right over them.  Military protectaponies are barely scratched; invaders are down with fractures, body-wide open blistered weeping into the desert air and sun and irradiated grains of sand working their way into the open wounds and throats.

Without lifting more than a hoof to shut the gates, my siege is lifted.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 210