Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 475979 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98c beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1815 on: March 08, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »

Iceblaster: whatever you're thinking, real Ebola is worse. You bleed from literally everywhere, as your clotting abilities are destroyed and every blood vessel in your body becomes microperforated. Bad as that is, it isn't usually the direct cause of death- the sheer amount of tissue damage caused by the virus leads to entire organ systems becoming necrotic within weeks of infection.

... I have an idea.  :D
Oh dear armok.....
Your a genius.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 08, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

Neowulf: Biofuel to nylon conversion probably won’t be that complicated (I dislike long reaction chains for base resources – that’s one reason why I kept the vanilla metalworking reactions), but I will keep some of your steps in mind. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Tahujdt: The EMP from the pulse mines destroys vital circuits and other systems in the armor, so some repair is still necessary. The disabled Rangers should also be good for training, as Maklak mentioned; the EMP reduces their strength, speed, skill etc. to zero across the board, but they’re still very durable.

Mura: Pink cloud is flesh-meltingly fantastic, as was your description of ebola.

> I have an idea.
 :o

Maklak: In the end I couldn’t ignore the extra functionality DFHack brought to the game. The mouse query utility alone was invaluable.

> I don’t like it that robots got nerfed even more.
Military robot plating could block steel chainsaws and medium caliber bullets (The Mr. Macintoshes were pretty much invulnerable), so I weakened it slightly. This isn’t finalized however...I will look at the values again for the next version.

> Mines
Mines are one-use only, but there’s usually one in every military crate. I haven’t added their stealth capability yet, so enemies will home in on them. They don’t chain-detonate, but even one mine is pretty devastating, especially in an enclosed room or hallway.

Treason: The wasteland is an equal-opportunity provider of terror and agony. ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:19:05 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 08, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

Just lost a fort in an evil region.

Literally everyone was outside when a "cloud of pink cloud" descended. Ponies were coming down with Ebola-like symptoms, oozing blood from every medically plausible location and more. The last survivor, my militia captain, bled to death about twenty seconds after the dust dispersed. She was miserable, having just seen her only friend and foal die horribly in front of her.

I love this game.

You know what would have been funny?

If the pink cloud in this version converted ghouls like radiation does, and she turned into a sentinent necromantic ghoul.

Iceblaster: whatever you're thinking, real Ebola is worse. You bleed from literally everywhere, as your clotting abilities are destroyed and every blood vessel in your body becomes microperforated. Bad as that is, it isn't usually the direct cause of death- the sheer amount of tissue damage caused by the virus leads to entire organ systems becoming necrotic within weeks of infection.

... I have an idea.

Was it bad that my first thought was "Welcome to Hoofington!"

Actually, a flesh rotting virus that turns ponies into a sort of semi-liquid sludge monster would be nice, just oozing acidic pus all over the place and just being a general nusence of existance.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 09, 2013, 12:49:29 am »

... I have an idea.  :D

I want one of these for every foal in every stable!
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 09, 2013, 01:08:39 am »

Ideas, or Ebola?
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 09, 2013, 08:19:20 am »

Why not both?

Anyway, I know we get ghouls from irradiated dust and pink cloud, but do we get sentient ghouls?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 09, 2013, 10:26:46 am »

Why not both?

Anyway, I know we get ghouls from irradiated dust and pink cloud, but do we get sentient ghouls?
ideabola.
The next drug to hit the market.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:18 pm »

What I was thinking was, maybe add a "reboot PA" job that would take a pipbuck and whatever the fried SRs drop and produce a PA box. Does that sound better? Because there is plenty of evidene for that to work in the novel. Also, since PA is supposed to have a pipbuck built in, then PA soldiers should have SATS. 
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:20 pm »

> Also, since PA is supposed to have a pipbuck built in, then PA soldiers should have SATS. 
On this I agree.

But I wouldn't want to have to use up pipbucks to fix power armours. I like pipbucks... wait, 100% chance of upgrade on a PA potion versus 50% on pipbuck. I can see how that could work out for me.

> Despite how implausible it is, why not let us find an undetonated me gaspellbomb in Ministry of Peace Crates... rarely of course.
1) Implementation problem
2) What good would it be? To kill the entire map and everything in it? To disassemble it and use the parts for arcane research?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:55:08 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 09, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »

Despite how implausible it is, why not let us find an undetonated me gaspellbomb in Ministry of Peace Crates... rarely of course.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 09, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »

My Ebola-spewing deathbot no longer causes the game to crash.

Now, to make it stop dying in one hit to everything...  :-\
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 09, 2013, 07:15:04 pm »

My Ebola-spewing deathbot no longer causes the game to crash.

Now, to make it stop dying in one hit to everything...  :-\

When you finish it, mod it onto the security turrets and post it, I want it :D

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 09, 2013, 07:20:46 pm »

Thank you.

On the one hand, I don't want to make it too Stable-killingly hardcore. On the other, I don't want to make it be too easily dealt with.

Getting decapitated by an albatross definitely falls into the latter category.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 09, 2013, 07:32:58 pm »

Holy-

My error log is up to fifty kilobytes. From this project alone.

Gonna take awhile.  ::)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 09, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »

> Do we get sentient ghouls?
Turning your ponies into sentient ghouls is planned, but not a priority, as ghoulification doesn’t provide many benefits other than immunity to radiation and pain resistance. Most ponies ghoulified by radiation became feral in any case.

> Maybe add a “reboot PA” job that would take a pipbuck and whatever the fried SRs drop and produce a PA box.
I’ll consider it, but the current repair and recovery system works well without the extra steps.

> PA soldiers should have SATS.
Good point. I’ve noted it down for the next version. :)

As of now power armor training is more complicated than I intended, so I may revamp it as a transformation, eliminating the need for separate training reactions and wearing the armor pieces.

> Why not let us find an undetonated megaspell bomb in the Ministry of Peace Crates?
You’re going to have to wait until the Ministry of Arcane Sciences arc. ;)

> My error log is up to fifty kilobytes. From this project alone.
I’d say creature editing is the most complex aspect of DF (Unless you get into weird interaction chains). My robots use custom material and body templates, so you may encounter problems if you try to mix them. If you post the error logs I can take a look at them.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 210