Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478877 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #1995 on: March 23, 2013, 11:43:44 am »

As far as brain drained prisoners go...why not set them to work doing hauling jobs and rock grinding?

Game limitations.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 23, 2013, 01:00:26 pm »

Can't get a stable started...

First one, I kept having pegasus reavers show up and I accidently typed in the wrong command into dhack which killed the game and not just the reaver like I intended.  Got the bastard, at least!

Second try.  I breached the third cavern layer in a single shaft dig after 20 layers and was set upon immediately by 3 hellhounds which slaughtered everyone.

Third try.  No sooner do I unpause than I'm under attack by two military protectoponys that one shot two of my ponies in the head..then I have a cloud roll directly over my wagon and kill the rest with infection.

Edit: On a side note.  For all of you having FPS problems...have you tried setting the FPS limit in your inti file to 0?  I did and I'm regularly cruising at 300 FPS at start.  With a hundred ponies, I'm only down to roughly 250.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:03:28 pm by Treason »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:45 pm »

Edit: On a side note.  For all of you having FPS problems...have you tried setting the FPS limit in your inti file to 0?  I did and I'm regularly cruising at 300 FPS at start.  With a hundred ponies, I'm only down to roughly 250.
If that was the problem, then everybody would have done it a while ago.
Increasing the limit doesn't increase your FPS if your computer can't keep up with the action.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 23, 2013, 01:27:44 pm »

ooohhh, expeditions!  This looks interesting!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 23, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »

Yay new version... oh yay my 'party' chambers can be built now :D

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 23, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

Could we use Blank ponies in the healing industry?

Think about it: Send in a nice happy blank through a mechine that converts a unfortunate pony into a simple "Spare Parts" item without much moral questioning. Such a item would be a subsitute for a icebox filled with healthy pony parts, could be used to run interactions that increase healing rates or even fully heal a individual pony. Very nice and efficant. Horrible, but if your killing ponies for there organs and shoving there brains into robots, your not exactly mister nice guy.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2013, 03:16:26 pm »

Dwarf Therapist isn't included with this version to cut download times, but you could always get it here.

I've noted that TrueType sometimes blots out pop-up announcements at the bottom of the screen. Pressing F12 switches fonts to show them, or alternatively you could check the (a)nnouncements list.

> Power armor still doesn't work for unicorns, does it? Couldn't they wear the armor and the boots now?
They can wear the armor, but won't gain its bonus effects.

> As far as brain drained prisoners go...why not set them to work doing hauling jobs and rock grinding?
Now that I think about it, I could have the interrogation process turn a nearby chicken into a blank pony that actually can do labor. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

> Ah, can we use them as robobrain fodder then?
> Could we use Blank ponies in the healing industry?
Not yet, but with the above changes you'll be able to.

> An option to run the reaction on unhappy ponies to remove their bad thoughts might not be a bad idea, keeping them happy and productive-at the cost of possibly lowering a mental attribute each time. Or giving friends a bad thought + a relationship decrease with any ponies involved who helped perform the procedure.
It's possible with DFhack's scripts, but is pretty complicated. I'll consider it.

> My god, by the time this mod is finished we are going to be able to turn our stables into a den of questionable ethics and horror that would make even Red Eye, the Colonel and the Goddess think "I say, isn't that a bit much?"
> Also, why is this listed as 0.30 when the last version was 0.98c?
v0.98c was the beta version. v0.30 is the actual mod development version, in that v1.00 will have 100% of the currently planned features. ;)

>  Should an earth pony be holding a machete in his hoof?
Ponies can hold things in their hooves. Shocking, I know, but otherwise earth ponies would only have one grasper.

> Also, why can't I get the bloodwings my miltia butchered to get PROPERLY collected and butchered?!
This shouldn't be the case. I'll look into it.

> As for expeditions...will you still let us find high quality salvage by settling in the incredibly dangerous biomes?
There will still be high-quality salvage, but it'll yield less tech. It never made much sense to me that you could find MAS terminals and other rare equipment in the middle of the wastes...advanced technologies like that were concentrated in the major metropolises and Ministry centers. With the developed system, scouts can map the various regions and cities, defining locations for your recovery teams. It's very much a work in progress, so suggestions are welcome! :)

> Can't get a stable started...
Well, I can tell you that digging 20 levels down at embark was a bad idea, at least. :P

Non-update related responses:

> Pony Highlanders
While the raws are nice, I don't wish to add subtypes of entities that already exist in the mod.

> I must confess I am most curious. Can you give us a vague idea of what all will be included in the Ministry of Awesome Arc?
The Grand Pegasus Enclave, for one, but you guys already extensively covered the possibilities. Thunderheads and Raptors are impractical due to the numbers issue as mentioned. Bomber chariots and sky tanks are more reasonable, but the raw options for mounts in general are limited as Maklak and gzoker described. I do like the idea of a wonderbolts black-ops caste. :)

I won't spoil the other elements of the arc, but you can probably guess at some of them. ;)

> Also I really want to know, will we ever get to interact with peaceful versions/factions of the Steel Rangers and Unity?
Probably not. Even if they were friendly all they would do is send high-powered caravans that don't mesh well with their presentation in the novel.

>  I still say there should be a manifest.txt file with version, forum link and maybe brief descrioption or changelog somewhere in there.
Noted. I forgot to add one for this version, but I will for the next.

Much thanks for the feedback everyone! :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:24:30 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

>> Power armor still doesn't work for unicorns, does it? Couldn't they wear the armor and the boots now?
>They can wear the armor, but won't gain its bonus effects.
Why not? if they can get it on, it should work. I mean the hydraulics work without the helmet, right?  (If not, that's a serious design oversight...)The strength of the armor comes from those. Anyway, I'm just curious about the reason why.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2013, 03:46:22 pm »

>>>Power armor still doesn't work for unicorns, does it? Couldn't they wear the armor and the boots now?
>>They can wear the armor, but won't gain its bonus effects.
>Why not? if they can get it on, it should work. I mean the hydraulics work without the helmet, right?  (If not, that's a serious design oversight...)The strength of the armor comes from those. Anyway, I'm just curious about the reason why.

"Uhh Soldier why aren't you wearing the standard issue helmet?" The first steel ranger asks "The [yay]ing helmet wouldn't get on, [yay]ing design oversight my flank" The second steel ranger responded

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2013, 04:10:24 pm »

I have some questions about salvage. I know some of this has been touched on earlier in the thread, but I need a refresher.

How big should an embark area be in order to get a nice amount and quality of salvage. Aside from the stuff growing in my stable due to breaching the caverns, I'm just about out. I've started purchasing it from the caravans. I know a lot of what you get is random, but it makes me debate the pros and cons of a larger embark.

Is there a way of increasing the odds of getting medium and high quality salvage?

What is plating used for?

Can ammo be made slightly cheaper? 3000 urists for a single stack of medium bullets seems pretty high, yet that's the average I'm seeing.
On an unrelated note, has there been any work on a dedicated sprite pack for the mod?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:34:42 pm by Thirtyeight »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2013, 05:27:09 pm »

Sigh, Opera hanged and ate my post, again. Amazing, it did that again after that, but I managed to salvage my post by using select all and copy from the menu, which still worked.

The new version is welcome and I looked over the RAWs when I was at a Brony meeting today, but for now I'll just comment on the thread.

The changes in this version are pretty big and in my opinion any community forts and the like should wait for two weeks for updates and just experiment and discuss things in the meantime.

> Reactions that upgrade a creature, marked in parentheses (eg. requires chicken) require you to pasture the creature next to the workshop before running the reaction.
If I understand correctly, the pony running the reaction gets a one-time interaction to upgrade something that expires after half a day and has range 10. If this is true, LoS from the workshop is not required and just meeting an appropriate creature on the way back is enough. This makes long 10-wide room with workshop at the end, big pasture in the middle and only one entrance valid, correct?

> Pinkamena: This version of the popular Mr. Hooves line of robots was developed by the Ministry for efficient processing of the large numbers of dissidents, spies, and potential traitors.
I imagine her pink and approaching her work with glee. She is the scariest robot so far.

> Bug: If a subject still in a cage is hauled within 1 tile of an active Pinkamena, he will be converted inside the cage and will yield a memory orb upon release, but no blank pony.
Now I'm interested if this exploit could be abused, say by putting pinkamenas and cages close together. Even with efficient cage trap system, the test subjects are going to be pretty scarce and memory orbs are a precious and limited commodity. They can be used to either train 1500-6000 XP (0.5 * 60 * (50 to 200)) in any combat skill or for a low chance to get a treasure map that we can send an expedition to. Pretty useful. Contrary to the novels the memory orbs are destroyed after one use, but there really is no other way to balance them.
Well, if this only works one time, I can still get an orb and use the prisoner for weapons training.
MoM crates should sometimes have old memory orbs in them. Maybe some other Ministry crates as well.

> [Expeditions] The squad will then depart (Becoming unconscious) for a week. Future expeditions to regional locations like Manehattan and Fillydelphia will require longer periods of time.
From what I've seen in the RAWs they will also bleed (to death?) after the expedition. In any case, the way to do this is not to use the best squads, but a bunch of recruits. Better yet, build a barracks for 20+ recruits in active squads (cannon fodder only, no military CMs and the like) in the staging area. Replenish from EP migrants as necessary. Those squads don't really need weapons or armour, but it's probably best to provide them anyway, because after a few years of this, their survivors will skill up enough to join the regular military.

> Concrete can now be manufactured at the stone foundry from clay, flux, and worthless stone.
Concrete has no value tag, which I assume it has value 1, as it should. 1 Flux and 4 stones are needed for 20 concrete blocks, so there is no net gain of blocks over regular mason shop. Well, we can use bonemeal for Flux and at least everything can be constructed gray now.

> Landmines will stealth and wait before enemies are within 1 tile range before exploding.
Judging from the heavy bleeding those and Sprite-bots are one use only. They have interactions of range 3 that target enemies and cause explosions.

> Wood and plywood can be burnt to yield increased ash at the kiln.
Making gunpowder out of wood is viable now, when saltpetre is in short supply. Also, wood is more efficient source of ash than plywood.

> Gunpowder replaced with a toy, solving stack issues and increasing reliability of ammunition breakdown and manufacturing.
So now we have carnisters of gunpowder that can be stored in bins and don't need to play around with bags. Works for me :)

> Removed plywood shields.
Mottled leather shields it is, then. 

> Replaced BB rifle with air rifle and increased its penetration.
Their maxvel is unchanged, so if the post I linked some time ago is still correct, this shouldn't change anything. Someone should test this.

> Gypsum added to MOP crates.
Yeah, I've noticed in the RAWs, but I think those are gypsum stones, not gypsum powder.

Well, it is great that pony upgrade potions aren't needed anymore.

> Highlander ponies.
Well, maybe as a caste of wastelanders or something else.

The idea to use blanks as robobrain parts is too insidious to pass up.
If the prisoners get turned into a slave caste, they should probably suck at everything (slow_learner ?). What I don't like much about it is that it would open the way for Griffins to create a masterpiece, join the military, marry a stable pony and have children. 

I also like the idea of "report to re-education centre, citizen". I think there is a "brainwash" dfhack script somewhere and there is a way for workshops to run scripts.

> Power Armour NOT for Unicorns.
There are two reasons for this.
* In-fluff the armour was developed by MWT specifically for EPs and in the novel was never used by Unicorns. Some spin-offs, such as PH or the one about Korgoth, have UPs in Power Armour, but even then as an exception rather than the rule.
* In-crunch the EPs have better physical stats and adrenaline rush (that tires them after it expires) going for them, while UPs have spells and learn military and crafting skills faster plus they have shield walls. So EPs get a good armour to even things up a bit. There was a discussion about it a while back.
On the plus side, UPs get the bonuses from Scorpion Power Armour, which is made out of plasteel, a material superior to steel. 

> Ponies can hold things in their hooves. Shocking, I know, but otherwise earth ponies would only have one grasper.
An alternative some Pony Mods use is to have left mouth and right mounth, so ponies can wield two things with their mouth alone without penalty, but I like more graspers and shield wall.

> > Also, why can't I get the bloodwings my miltia butchered to get PROPERLY collected and butchered?!
> This shouldn't be the case. I'll look into it.
I've heard about this bug before and it probably has more to do with DF than this mod.

> > As for expeditions...will you still let us find high quality salvage by settling in the incredibly dangerous biomes?
> There will still be high-quality salvage, but it'll yield less tech.
Well, OK, but for me the main source of high quality salvage are caravans. Ah, right. You're talking about nerfing drops from salvage, not just reducing the frequency of high quality salvage "trees".

> How big should an embark area be in order to get a nice amount and quality of salvage.
I just go to heavily forested areas, cut down both trees and salvage and generally don't run out of trees to cut down.

> Can ammo be made slightly cheaper? 3000 urists for a single stack of medium bullets seems pretty high, yet that's the average I'm seeing.
The way I see it, we're not supposed to buy bullets, just gunpowder and saltpetre... but I think you're right. Bone pellets are pretty cheap and a magazine of rifle bullets shouldn't cost as much as a working robot.

> On an unrelated note, has there been any work on a dedicated sprite pack for the mod?
Some of the sprites are there, for example robots and a few creatures, but the mod could definitely use some work from a sprite artist. Both the in-game graphics and stonesense (which needs to be 32x32 instead of 16x16 and requires some xml work that I could probably do). All the stable ponies, ghouls, wastelanders, slavers and so on, are just letters for now.

As a side note, I embarked in some tropical swamp rich in saltpetre and started training a two pony squad. They got a few points in fighter and kicker from sparring and spend their time on demonstrations that don't teach them anything.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:09:18 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »

I have some questions about salvage. I know some of this has been touched on earlier in the thread, but I need a refresher.

How big should an embark area be in order to get a nice amount and quality of salvage. Aside from the stuff growing in my stable due to breaching the caverns, I'm just about out. I've started purchasing it from the caravans. I know a lot of what you get is random, but it makes me debate the pros and cons of a larger embark.

Is there a way of increasing the odds of getting medium and high quality salvage?

High and medium quality salvage is only really frequent in savage and savage evil areas, its not random at all.
All other areas have little to no HQ & MQ salvage.
When embarking for HQ salvage search for savage heavily forested areas.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 23, 2013, 09:24:52 pm »

I disagree about about the should not be needing to buy ammo bit. In the fallout universe there was multiple groups that did nothing but sell arms and armaments. Considering the amount of bullets one would need to keep a sizable fortress safely defended, I don't think its unreasonable to purchase some from caravans when you are low, especially considering how rare saltpeter is.

I have yet to find a power talisman. Are they something you have to make or are they not implemented yet or what?

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 23, 2013, 09:39:43 pm »

Talismans are rare in general, power especially. I had a savage evil 10+ year stable that went through hundreds of high quality salvage and found a grand total of 2 power talismans and not a single MAS crate.
Then I had a 3 year stable that found like 6 power talismans before I screwed up breaching the first cavern and lost it all...
It's all luck.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:34 pm »

For more MoM ideas...

Blanks should have slow learner attached, certainly. Considering you brain wiped them...oooh, what are we some more ethically questionable uses for them? Tired and my brain is feeling fuzzy, need some help here. We could use them as an unthinkingly loyal internal security force. Afterall, all they will know is what you tell them to think and do, and that is ALL they will know...I'm certain we can get more mileage out of this, I just can't think of more fun and morally questionable uses (if someone can think of more than one ethical use for these things, then I'll owe them 50 bottle caps-I doubt fully rehabilitating them will be practical after what we've done to them) that doesn't require MAS arc.

Party time mintals: Might as well include Pinkie Pie's addiction while we are at it. Let them give a syndrome-based massive social bonuses, followed by a permanent loss of mental faculty or something like that. Might want to save them for the zebra arc though.

BAKING: Give us recipes to craft food eh? The MoM hub had entire FLOORS dedicated to baking, for Lilpip's sake. Might even make the dye plants useful-use them for food coloring! Want a Pinkie Pie Cupcake? Well, now you need a way to mix up a pink dye! Include a Baked Bads recipe for fun. Should keep like they were either baked by a goddess of baking or a very dark enchantress.

Expand Sprite bots: What did they do? Well, they could be used as remote avatars, transmit data from one place to another, and be used to spy on people. No way to implement the first yet, but once adventure mode roles around, it might be fun to be able to "possess" a sprite bot to explore dangerous areas. Second and third: Not sure how to do this. Maybe use sprite bots to construct observation cameras ("Public broad casters"), which then can be used to link to traps and other things. There's gotta be more we can do with them, they were pretty useful things. Maybe even send them out on scouting expeditions? Once you turn off the sound, they are INCREDIBLY sneaky. Enough that I would give modified bots the ambusher skill at a high level.

Ability to build a roller coaster-mine cart based, riding in it give ponies a happiness boost. Heck, why not bumper cars while we are at it? Could just make the later something that can be installed and ponies will hold parties at, like a statue garden (maybe make the cars mounts that can be built). Basically, amusement park stuff, things that boost happiness but take up pony time. If militia can shoot from the rollercoaster, that should be a feature. An alternate way to raise morale without bringing in the Pinkamenas...and the choice is yours alone.

Bit of a backtrack, but are the stasis pods still a potion, or a syndrome item now? Would it be possible to make them a item and then assign them to ponies like a normal bed? Also, magma mist energy weapons?

Would it possible to do something like in Vault 112, and trap ponies in a VR sim? Maybe could do more with this, but seems like something that could  be tied into the pinkamenas, or more likely memory orbs. Take several of those orbs, and use it to generate a near complete VR map for the ponies to explore to increase the chances of expedition success-in a way, they will have already been where they are planning to go, meaning that the place should not take them by surprise.

Birthday cakes in MoM crates. Lower value than ones you make yourself, but still a nice food. Should come in several varieties-chocolate, vanilla, coconut, carrot etc. 

Party Cannon artifact-not sure whether it should be a toy used somewhere like stuff is used at the theater, or whether it should be a stationary thing like a statue where parties are held. If used, needs to be loaded with party supplies before each party.

On the issue of finding high quality slavage and tech-once the next DF update rolls around, won't you be able to make salvage trees which are really buildings? In that case, we'll be settling smack dab in the middle of the city ruins, right where we can get friendly attention from ghoulish mad scientists, chimeras and the tender loving attentions of our friends in steel. And the bloodwings en masse...

All I can think of for now, my brain is feeling somewhat fried after a long day.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:28:13 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 210