Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477873 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.87b beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2012, 11:18:51 pm »

They aren't bugs, they're features! Where else will I get feral ghouls for my slave arenas?

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2012, 11:24:12 pm »

I am actually hoping for a slaver caravan to come by with one of those.  Maybe I can actually train up a fighting force with a practice dummy.  Or put a bunch of them in a pit and toss anypony I don't like into it :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.87 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »

Ah...normally the bolts are supposed to evaporate...but DF temperature may "forget" that occasionally.

You can add [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB] to the LIGHT2_TEMPLATE under material_template_magic as a hotfix. Thanks for pointing that out!

I've also figured out how to stop slave traders from bringing ghouls, so I've uploaded this and a few other bugfixes for the slave system as v0.87b.

Sorry for the new update guys...it'll be the last one for the next week.

Enjoy, and don't forget to report any bugs found! :)

They were evaporating, it just took long enough for a hauling job to get created and spam me with cancellation messages.

Awesome mod by the way! I stumbled on it randomly and it's really renewed my enthusiasm for DF.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2012, 11:28:43 pm »

Ok, I finally got it together. The current upload will only have slaves available from slaver caravans, and feral ghouls in evil and subterranean regions (Where they should be, dammit!). If you have a version that lets you embark with slaves...you can hold onto it and tell me how it goes. ;)

Just remember that they can't start helping you in labor until they're rehabilitated. I eventually plan for two options:

You can keep them enslaved, but this results in weaker, less capable ponies that will flee at the first sign of danger.

Or you can rehabilitate them, costing food, drink, and cloth, but resulting in stronger ponies similar to the average Stable citizen.

At least this set of updates reminded me why I usually consolidate new features into larger versions I actually have the time to play.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:47:42 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2012, 11:46:31 pm »

Well, thankfully a migrant showed up with a stray slave pony, so I'll let you know how well they work in a bit here. Just have to scrounge up the parts for a terminal...
Thanks for changing the scrap colors, by the way! Yours work better than mine, I have to say ;P

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »

Rehabilitating slaves seems to be working, though not 100%  It doesn't take any real resources, though, so it's no big issue to spam it at a terminal with a bunch of slaves servants nearby.  Robot upgrades seem to be working also, at least for armoring the protectaponies.

Edit

Wrote too soon, heh.  One of my rehabilitated slaves servants is still listed under animals in the stocks listing, but is a citizen under the units.  And all three of my new citizens still have (tame) next to their profession.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:02:27 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2012, 12:06:41 am »

That's a consequence of their being tamed pets before the rehabilitation. It's unfortunate (getting around it would take too much trouble) but they can still perform labors. In a way they really are servants to your Stable citizens.

I recall they can't get drafted into the military until they get a strange mood, but in the meantime they can perform useful tasks around the Stable. I'm working on finding out their full capabilities at the moment, so thanks for the feedback in that regard! :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:10:42 am by Lycaeon »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2012, 12:13:07 am »

They can't be made nobles either, which is a shame.  My only diagnoser is rehabilitated, heh.  Hopefully he'll have a mood and I can make him the chief medical pony.  Would make a cool story at least.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2012, 12:38:05 am »

Hey! It works! Friend Singrain, female unicorn slave, is the first to be... 'rehabilitated,' and by all appearances she's working like any regular Citizen.

EDIT:
She just made a friend! Skunk Lyric, male unicorn slave, has joined Friend in a new life as a Stable sub-Citizen!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:45:14 am by Crazy Cow »

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2012, 01:03:23 am »

Most of my military just got killed in an ambush lead by a steel ranger wielding three shields, a chainsaw, and a minigun. Ponies are hardcore.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2012, 01:11:57 am »

Steel rangers don't make shields...so that must have been a unicorn that managed to wrestle away shields from your ponies using its telekinesis.

Don't worry though...they're going to get balanced. Unicorns aren't even supposed to wear power armor according to the novel. :( I just hope they're not attacking Stables too early...let me know if they do so I can push back their requirements further. I'm quite busy this week so I don't have the time to play through a Stable of my own.

Have fun with the slaves everyone! I'm pretty sure giving them larger responsibilities like military service and noble positions requires something that gets their name listed in the announcements, like their creating a masterwork object. In a way they're working their way up to full citizenship. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:13:46 am by Lycaeon »

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2012, 01:27:49 am »

Steel rangers don't make shields...so that must have been a unicorn that managed to wrestle away shields from your ponies using its telekinesis.

Don't worry though...they're going to get balanced. Unicorns aren't even supposed to wear power armor according to the novel. :( I just hope they're not attacking Stables too early...let me know if they do so I can push back their requirements further. I'm quite busy this week so I don't have the time to play through a Stable of my own.

Have fun with the slaves everyone! I'm pretty sure giving them larger responsibilities like military service and noble positions requires something that gets their name listed in the announcements, like their creating a masterwork object. In a way they're working their way up to full citizenship. :)

I was using the older version, so was probably getting attacked earlier than I would in the current version.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:25 am »

Now my slaves can have their own slaves in addition to their robot slaves.
All I need now are torture tools, spiked metal armor and pool cues.

Edit: Oh dear, I had one of the worst starts of all time for my new fort.

Embarked on an area with a 3z level aquifier covering the whole embark zone practically just one z level bellow ground, meaning that there is no easy way to breach it.
On top of this my wagon found itself right next to a whole pack of radrats and just by the edge of the map was a pack of 4 black radscorpions looming about.

I drafted a quick makeshift milita with the silver security batons I brought with me and chased the radrats down, the commotion accidentally attracted the radscorpions, which charged straight at my pack of robots and scattered milita, using the chaos and thick carpace to kill almost all of my chicken, 7 sprite bots, 3 ponies and 1 turret before dying or fleeing.
As soon as this was over a pack of feral dogs came in and began interrupting labors left and right, and that's when I just cut my losses and abandoned fort, knowing damn well that it's impossible to get anything done with 4 unhappy ponies and when everything is still above ground waiting to be hauled underground while everything tries to eat you.

HO WELL
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:13:59 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:19 pm »

One suggestion I have would be to add a way to make charcoal without consuming the salvage logs. That or make coal boxes more common; maybe a chance of getting them from damaged civilian crates? The war was fought partially over the coal trade, after all.

Maybe it's because I don't head straight for magma, but I always have problems with fuel.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »

Set up a wood stockpile that doesn't accept the salvages and have it give to the wood furnace.  Once you find a power talisman, a prismatic smelter will do (most) all your smelting needs, especially if you can find a vein or two of coal.  All you'll need coal for is making steel and running your normal forge(s).

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 210