Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477800 times)

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30b) Pinkie Pie is Watching (Bug fixes in 2nd Post)
« Reply #2145 on: April 01, 2013, 06:14:35 am »

Grimdark pony fanfiction writers don't have souls :P

Exactly. They are stealing the reader's....
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:39 am »

I don't think Talon armor is anywhere near as good as either Enclave or Steel Ranger armor, just due to coverage (limbs and head are all exposed). Blackwing's Talon's may have been able to stop the Steel Ranger attack on Stable 02, but they had the advantage of a VERY heavy gun (Little Gilda is VERY massive) and stealth bucks. Not to mention energy weapons. But I think Griffin infantry and guns may be able to go talon-to-hoof with enclave soldiers, both from the events in the novel and the fact that structural weaknesses are built into the enclave design. Also, having talons makes them natural grapplers compared to ponies.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:02:55 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:35 am »

Do I not have a soul if I go and read a grimdark fiction every once in a while?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:15:52 am by Iceblaster »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 01, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

I have the bottoms of my feet! Writing fics where ponies die is fun anyway, the wings and horns make so many interesting ways to kill them!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 01, 2013, 01:30:01 pm »

Are bale hounds part of FO:E or are they exclusive to the mod?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 01, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »

I might be wrong, but I think they are the dogs hanging around the Unity area?  Or they may be some other kinds of dogs, but yea, I think they are the Bale Hounds.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 01, 2013, 01:39:52 pm »

Didn't need it anyway.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 01, 2013, 02:05:23 pm »

I basicly made them up, yeah, but they sound fallouty enough and I am writing a fic where the horrible ghoul-dogs show up, so yeah. :P

Grimdark pony fanfiction writers don't have souls

I resemble that remark.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 01, 2013, 02:15:41 pm »

Thanks, was asking because my badass protectapony in Apple decided to rip three of them a new one.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 01, 2013, 02:19:36 pm »

Pokon-Oh dear...I guess you would fail the "Sisterly Soul Scan" test and be outed as robot in the FiW verse ;). Afterall, the difference between a cyberpony and a robot is that robots don't have souls. Except ours, of course. Or at least our robobrains.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:37 pm »

I must have missed something, and if so, I apologize. Did radishes, carrots and celery get removed from the game?

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 01, 2013, 03:32:56 pm »

Neowulf: I'm leery of adding new inorganic stones, but I'll look into adding more ash sources.
Without adding another stone you can atleast make saltpeter (potassium nitrate) grindable into potash. Though a limited stone source of just pearlash would be nice.

Also:
Potash and plant fiber cloth could be made into gunpowder as well.
Nitrocellulose AKA guncotton is cellulose fibers treated with nitric acid. Nitric acid is synthesized from either NO2 and water or sulfuric acid and nitrate salts (like say potassium nitrate/potash). A simple reaction would be potash + cloth = gunpowder, or a longer chain to turn potash into nitric acid canisters first.
Sulfur is part of the process as well, but if it's getting left out of gunpowder currently it should be left out of the guncotton reaction as well.

Continuing with the potash stuff, the hydroponics farm could end up like this when you do the farming stuff.
Seed without fertilizer give a 2 stack of the plant and a very small chance of another 2 stack. Even crappy hydroponic setups produce some amazing stuff, and the building requirements are pretty big.
Seeds with fertilizer give a 4 stack and a good possibility of another.
The fertilizer reactions use fertilizer canisters, which are made from potash. You get multiple canisters from each potash.
Plants can be ground up into a generic plant mulch item. The plant mulch is used to either compress into particleboard boards (usable as plywood) or composted in the hydroponics farm into fertilizer (at like 8-10 mulch per fertilizer, so you don't have a positive gain loop from the farm).

A Plant Pot building, built with a single pot. Has reactions to grow food plants that consumes 1 sand, 1 clay and 1 seed to produce 1 plant (no chance for more).
Possibly also add a grow flowers reaction that gives the worker an interaction that causes a small happy thought in up to 5 other ponies as they give out flowers.

Finally, I noticed reaction_class tags worked for building materials, so: Mainframes.
Made from a stable-tec terminal, 2 processing matrices of a specific type, a power talisman, and a lot of wiring. Has a reaction to turn a normal stable-tec terminal (or possibly just a cabinet, terminal monitor, and interface; no power or processor) into a Networked <type> Terminal, which is then usable in place of the normal MOP/MAW/MAS/MWT terminals.
So a MAS mainframe can turn stable-tec terminals into Networked MAS Terminals, which can then build the MAS buildings. Or use your two MWT matrices and setup enough networked terminals to cover an entire stable worth of virtual reality simulators.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 01, 2013, 03:40:35 pm »

You say that as if I ever had one.
 ;D
Iwilleatyoursoulandyourcake
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 01, 2013, 03:47:38 pm »

I must have missed something, and if so, I apologize. Did radishes, carrots and celery get removed from the game?

nope. They still in (underground plants).

PS: Looks like my narcissistic logistic director got possessed by a lazy Lyra ghost...

Chitin glove decorated with chitin...

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 01, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »

Huh. odd, I've genned a couple worlds now and none of them are letting me embark with carrot, celery, or radish seeds.

Edit: apparently genning a world without caverns means no underground seeds, and no bringing high quality salvage. Guess that clears that up.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:05:41 pm by Thirtyeight »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 210