Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477138 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching (New Update!)
« Reply #2190 on: April 02, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

> > Seed without fertilizer give a 2 stack of the plant and a very small chance of another 2 stack.
> I'll probably keep it at one stack with a chance to produce another one stack. The reaction is instant, so 2 stacks would allow you to double your plant stocks in a short amount of time.
Right, I haven't thought this through. I was worried that by doing this my seeds will eventually dwindle to nothing, but this is just for emergencies anyway and isn't supposed to replace normal farming, so OK.

> > Radiation severity.
> Radiation builds up the longer you are exposed, with different types of radiation starting at different levels.
I have trouble understanding interaction chains spread over multiple files and longer than 3, but here is something to consider: Can one irradiated cloud rot/kill a pony who who was OK before? I think it shouldn't and that a safe margin is one day inside the cloud before this can happen. Of course if multiple clouds spawn close in time and space, there could still be a lot of trouble, but that's OK.

> Let me know if FPS drops low for no apparent reason. This is another one of my concerns at the moment.
I'm not really the one to ask. Even in vanilla DF (well, Lazy Newb Pack), FPS works against me and sometimes it drops by 10 in a rather short amount of time and generally stays low. That's just the way it is. My best guess is that all those stockpiles generate a lot of movement.

> > We can research advanced magic even for schools that only have basic spells. Would you kindly cull the unused reactions until they're needed?
> It would take too much work to selectively disable reactions and then add them back later when they're needed.
Sigh. This probably means I'll get around to writing a gem, spell and talisman guide, because it is one guide really. Effective gem management requires knowledge of it all.
Or just figure out myself which items and reactions I can delete, then sharing the shortened RAWs, but that's even more work for everyone.

> > > Gunpowder value.
> > I'll remove the masonry skill so the resulting gunpowder won't have quality levels.
> That will do the trick.
Speaking of screwed up values, a masterwork plywood board is worth 120 bits and we get ten of those per log. Reducing the value of Plywood to 0 is not the way, since it will make plywood furniture essentially worthless. Removing woodcutting from the reaction is a bit weird, but would also prevent us from training that skill very quickly. BTW, would unimprovable tag somewhere work?

Friendly Alicorns and Steel Rangers were discussed and the conclusion was no. There isn't just anything interesting that friendly civilisations can do other than once a year send a caravan with wood and cheese and a diplomat who says "Hi, nice place you have here, gotta go, bye!"

> New medical intern position. Appointed by the chief medical officer, these interns will assist in the diagnosing of wounded patients, accelerating the treatment process.
Hm, I'm pretty sure I saw non CMDs / CMPs diagnosing patients if they had that labour enabled, but I'll take official positions for nurses.

> Explosives can now be manufactured at the chemistry lab from (5) biofuel canisters and (2) gunpowder.
A hefty, but affordable price. Now we need someone to figure out how to use mines effectively. A lot of them in the same spot will probably just kill each other with dust. Multiple cages linked to levers are slow. Any other ideas?

> Hazmat suits over or under armour.
I looked at some pictures and am kinda on the fence about this. I imagined armour going over the suit, so that bullets and other attacks won't pierce it so easily:
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Working-STALKER-t200632.html&view=findpost&p=18483598#entry18483598
But reality probably looks more like this:
http://gonnabesomething.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/h01_25367113.jpg
The soldiers will normally either go to contaminated area with just the suits or to combat with just the armour. Plus not putting a lot of things OVER the suit makes more sense when cleaning self later with a fire hose.
So well, you decide.

> Idea: Separate pre-war and selfmade explosives.
Regardless of realism, I'd rather have just one type of explosives, plastics (Bakelite or whatever), synthetic thread, synthetic leather and the like. Things are complex enough as they are.

> Also, heavy explosives, strap 10 c4 together, kills steel ranger, injures alicorns, is wasted on everything else.
EMP mines are enough. Too bad they don't affect Alicorns and Unicorns.

> Also, can we refurbish revolvers too?
There was a good reason why I asked to refurbish hunting rifles: mixed squads of gunners and snipers with medium calibre ammo. Hunting rifles use the sniper skill, you normally get them only up to +quality+ and fixing them can't be more difficult than combat rifles or AMRs. Besides, some snipers operate as "lone campers", while others work as part of squads of regular soldiers and their role is to quickly kill enemy machinegun nests and similar threats.
Revolvers... looking at the stats and assuming that SHOOT_MAXVEL is the one that actually counts for light ammo (science linked earlier in this thread), combat pistols should actually be better. And you can spam them from bronze and sell the excess. There is no need to refurbish either pistols or revolvers.
Little Macintoshes and Spitfire's Thunders were recently moved to boxes, which means you'll usually get them in =quality=, but refurbishing would still be necessary to guarantee we get @Masterworks@ after a number of retries.

> Problem: Drug injectors inject far too often.
Lol, nice catch. If there were Dash and similar drug injectors, it would be quite a party. I guess usage hint: attack, like for Pipbucks is the way to fix this. At least for Med-X. I'd like healing potions to work continuously on wounded soldiers, not just before a fight.

> > > Make Overmare position female-only.
> > Replica: Fuck you.
> Translation: We've had enough complaints when the Chief Medical Officer was restricted to Unicorns, despite Earth Ponies still being able to get cutie marks relating to medical stuff.
Thank you. Replica is sometimes so terse that it is hard to figure out his meaning. Oh and I agree: leave the position open to anypony.

> Old MLP as a possible inspiration for 'The Pegasus Enclave'
I remeber Star Catcher and the Pegasai island behind the rainbow waterfall too, but they were just shy. I think Fallout 2 Enclave and Flutter Ponies were the direct inspiration. They were a race of isolationist ponies with butterfly wings who had their own queen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

> > Pipbucks, injectors, and such should go over armor
> I'll take this into consideration, but it would be difficult to implement without them going over power armor as well.
In the blasphemous FPF Fallouts you don't remove your pipboy ever. In FoE it was mentioned several times that pipbucks are hard to remove without proper tools or cutting off the hoof. This was why Velvet Remedy had to convince Littlepip to take off her device. On the other hoof you need to press buttons, so I guess the armours were moular enough to account for it. For things like autoinjectors you need the syringe to pierce the skin without worrying about armour.
Making them go over armour is not difficult at all... Just have them in the cover layer with large permit and size, like battle saddles and make the difference in size between Combat and Power Armours bigger than sock size (so socks + PA still works, but PA + pipbuck doesn't). I don't see the point, though. Hm, Socks+ Combat+ Pipbuck shouldn't work, so the permit of pipbuck would have to be the size of Combat boots, but then if a pony wears a sock first...
You know what, it would be difficult to implement, but it is fine as it is. 

Spell system improvement proposal: Would it make sense to turn Spell Hologems into worn items that permanently grant spells as syndromes (subject to current limitations, such as one magic school per Unicorn) and can be taken off afterwards? Hm, maybe not. This seems like more work that workshop profiles, reactions on repeat and watching combat reports.

I just had a thought. Perhaps slave ponies should be shareable or milkable? Just the first 30 seconds or so are relevant. Come to think of it, bondage in G1 happens so often that I'm partially convinced that the ponies are you know... kinda into it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJN2yRCtg7M 

Preliminary observation from talisman forge: Batteries are surprisingly difficult to make, compared to other technomagic, how many we use, their price and how common they are. I propose that instead we get a set of reactions to make them from any type (except glass) of low level hologem (and maybe coiled wiring). Hm, should it be charged or depleted? Probably charged.
So any low level gem hologem -> battery. Especially if energy weapons will be implemented as weapons shooting "energy pellets" that do stuff on impact, via dfhack scripts and use up ammo made in stacks of 2x40 or 1x50 from batteries.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:05:30 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 02, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »

>Friendly rangers and unity

We may not have an idea what to do with them yet, but we shouldn't just write them off either. I suspect we may find a use for them down the road. Perhaps when Adventurer mode gets fleshed out we can recruit them as party members? That way players can renact their favorite FoE stories!

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

>> Explosives can now be manufactured at the chemistry lab from (5) biofuel canisters and (2) gunpowder.
>A hefty, but affordable price. Now we need someone to figure out how to use mines effectively. A lot of them in the same spot will probably just kill each other with dust. Multiple cages linked to levers are slow. Any other ideas?

Gzoker withdraws from society...
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 02, 2013, 07:25:37 pm »

Apparently the only thing Sinister about the area of my last Stable was that all my ponies were friggin' prima donas and descended into madness after two years.  I went through 4 expedition leaders, 4 overmares/stallions and who knows how many fools that could not figure out that when you mine around water, you don't jump in and drown in 4/7 depth.....

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 02, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »

Advanced stupidity is a hidden feature of the game, especially in evil areas.

My evil areas tend to not have ghouls, just pink cloud.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 03, 2013, 12:45:14 am »

Is there a list of all cutie marks with their respective bonuses? I couldn't find one after a decent amount of searching.  The reason I ask was that I had a unicorn with a burnt-away cutie mark, and I'm not quite sure what that means.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 03, 2013, 12:47:50 am »

Is there a list of all cutie marks with their respective bonuses? I couldn't find one after a decent amount of searching.  The reason I ask was that I had a unicorn with a burnt-away cutie mark, and I'm not quite sure what that means.

It means the unicorn was an ex-slave. And I believe Replica made a list somewhere.  Poni Poni.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:50:07 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 03, 2013, 12:49:52 am »

Decent amount of searching?
The link to the whole index thingy I made is linked in the main post under "Advanced Guides".
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 03, 2013, 03:25:50 am »

It means the unicorn was an ex-slave. And I believe Replica made a list somewhere.  Poni Poni.
It also could mean thay they are the charismatic persuader caste (read: Red Eye), and have burned off their CM because they don't want it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 03, 2013, 05:45:02 am »

Is the blowgunner skill planned to be used with energy weapons as "blowguns" that fire "darts" that have effects on impact?

BTW, I played around with Dwarf Therapistst and here is an "etc/game_data.ini" with modified labour and skill names. It works with DT v20.0, but I don't know about 20.4. There may have been some changes, so it's probably best to check with Winmerge or whatever you're using. The skill names displayed in grid views appear to be hardcoded and as far as I can determine can only be changed in "deafult_gridviews.dtg" in the source code.
I changed Wood Cutting to Salvaging, Crossbowman to Gunner, etc.
EDIT: Forgot to change "Alchemy" to "Magic".

The 0.30 doesn't have a Stonesense, so I guess I'll have to fix that next.
> You mean you're actually going to make some sprites? Or just reinstall it?
Reinstall, see what's missing and post a request on another forum that no one will answer.
In Nikodeng's 1.71 I was eventually able to get other people's pony sprites to work to post pictures like these: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71287918/screenshot1.png
I just wrote the code to separate males, females, male foals and babies, female foals and babies, used a tree sprite for Ents and resized a big picture of a parasprite to look OK in Stonesense. The coat and mane colours are pulled from the game. All the graphical wark that I did was the Parapsprite, I used other people's sprites for the rest. Sadly, no one is doing anything like this for the Pony Mod anymore. Even if they were, a proper tileset for in-game is more important. The "u" and "p" that we have now kinda work, though. I'm also not entirely sure what sprites exactly are missing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:33:34 am by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 03, 2013, 08:03:11 am »

You mean you're actually going to make some sprites? Or just reinstall it?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 03, 2013, 09:24:33 am »

Either way, sprites would be good... not pressuring Lycaeon into making them, heck I would if I was a good pixel artist

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30b) Pinkie Pie is Watching (Bug fixes in 2nd Post)
« Reply #2202 on: April 03, 2013, 01:01:40 pm »

Neowulf: Potash is already a bottleneck resource for gunpowder, glass, and fertilization, so I'd like to avoid using it for other industries.
All I suggested was gunpowder and fertilizer, no other industries.
Nitrocellulose is the stuff that replaced blackpowder as the preferred gunpowder.

> Seed without fertilizer give a 2 stack of the plant and a very small chance of another 2 stack.
I'll probably keep it at one stack with a chance to produce another one stack. The reaction is instant, so 2 stacks would allow you to double your plant stocks in a short amount of time. Making multiple fertilizer canisters from a single potash may work.

> A Plant Pot building, built with a single pot. Has reactions to grow food plants that consumes 1 sand, 1 clay and 1 seed to produce 1 plant (no chance for more).
The hydroponics farm on top of regular farming is enough for now.
So make the non-fertilizer reaction take two seeds and produce a two stack of plants. Or require a bag of sand for minor nutrients to justify the extra output (silt is the actual nutrient carrier but you can't have soil gathering in DF that isn't usable for pottery or glass).
When you look at how rare and useful the two talismans it needs are it really doesn't make sense for a building with infinite water and power to have such a crappy output.

As for the pot, it becomes relevant as an "OHCRAP" option early game if the hydroponics output is bumped. Though it could use a charged spark battery and a wiring to justify underground operation.

> Plants can be ground up into a generic plant mulch item.
While a good idea, custom reactions that use plant stacks don't work properly.
Just tested this out and it worked just fine. So far the ponies have turned 3 5-stacks of rat weed and a 2-stack of prickle berries into the correct number of mulch items.
Haven't made any uses yet and it doesn't give seeds (don't really think it should actually). Plus it gives quality modifiers that I'm not sure I want to be there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Oh, and my little test fort was in a pure wilderness area and it still had some nasty radiation clouds.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:41:16 pm by Neowulf »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

Considering that Ministry Tech is going to be even more awesome now, with autosyndrome and such, I thought it would be a Good Idea™ to add colored bricks. I highly recommend the brick furnace from the ❇Masterwork❇ mod, with maybe needing a decoration talisman (found in MoI crates) to build. Iwant to build the color-coded towers from Hoofington in Project Horizons.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 03, 2013, 06:33:30 pm »

> I thought it would be a Good Idea™ to add colored bricks.
I'm against it. In Nikodeng's 1.71 Pony Mod it was amusing to transmute Whip Vines into wood and get it in Bright Blue Cyan, but otherwise it meant more types of wood, more types of dye and lots of code spread throughout the RAWs (although not as much as the bakery). As long as it wouldn't be too "in my face", I can simply ignore the coloured bricks, but I still vote no. Plus other things on Lycaeon's TODO list look more promising anyway. Plus Masterwork Mod guy has proven that reducing the number of types of items can improve FPS and this mod keeps introducing new ones, so culling their number is sometimes a good thing.
Are you sure, your link to the Masterwork Mod is working as intended?
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 210