Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478267 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.87b beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »

A pair of power talismans makes fuel all but useless (except for munitions forging, of course). Make certain you crack open the otherwise useless Peace, Morale and Image crates; all of them can give you power talismans.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »

Funny story, irradiated dust clouds.

No need to tell you what happened, but the moral is, don't embark in the arctic irradiated evil wasteland unless you are prepared for vomit.
Lots and lots of vomit. All over. All the time. Everywhere.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »

First slaver caravan, and I have to say that these guys are the best. A guard with a silver sledgehammer, steel combat armor and a cutie mark of eviscerated flesh singlehoofedly destroyed a raider ambush, and I got some of the best supplies I've ever seen from them (including two more unicorn slaves). I think we're going to be good friends in the future.
In other news, miners found star metal veins and I'm scouting them out to see what's safe to grab. Interestingly enough the lower caverns seem to be safer than the upper ones; the lowest one I can find is filled with root trees and the odd scorpion.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2012, 04:04:07 pm »

I haven't worked on the lower caverns yet, so they're rather empty compared to the first layer and surface. The development list is very long; I'm prioritizing immediate features such as civilizations and salvage for the time being.  :-\
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

I just attributed it to the fact that the first layer is supposedly the hellish, buried remains of civilization and the lower ones are actually caves ;P
If you feel comfortable with it, though, I might be able to lend a hand.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »

That's pretty much the case.

The update schedule is set for the next month, so I'm doing quite fine at the present moment. I appreciate the offer though, and will ask if I need anything. :)

I'm always open to suggestions for things that would improve the experience.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

I was actually going to put together a few shotguns once this fortress dies out. Basically the buckshot would have edged attacks instead of penetrating ones so that shotgun blasts could end up tearing off limbs and be generally lethal weapons in the hooves of a trained gunner.

EDIT:
You ungrateful bitch! Key Fallsear, one of the sub-Citizens I liberated from the slavers, just punched out some poor Citizen because she didn't have any shoes, of all things! This is a deed that will not go unpunished.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:41:54 pm by Crazy Cow »

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

Ah, the lack of power talismans was probably the reason I was short on fuel. I think I just got bad luck; I had plenty of other salvage (including a water talisman and all the terminals I could want) but never got a power one. I was just about to try breaching the first caverns for more salvage when the steel rangers attacked :P

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

I was actually going to put together a few shotguns once this fortress dies out. Basically the buckshot would have edged attacks instead of penetrating ones so that shotgun blasts could end up tearing off limbs and be generally lethal weapons in the hooves of a trained gunner.

EDIT:
You ungrateful bitch! Key Fallsear, one of the sub-Citizens I liberated from the slavers, just punched out some poor Citizen because she didn't have any shoes, of all things! This is a deed that will not go unpunished.

That was something I considered, however, in my preliminary tests there was no way to limit the range of the buckshot, so it would end up crippling ponies from 10 or more tiles away. There's no spread as well...at best it could simulate something like a slug.

However, if you do cook up a set of raws, for this or anything else, I'll see if I can add them. :)

Are you able to clothe your servants, or did you just not give that one shoes?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:16:23 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2012, 05:17:48 pm »

I just forgot to unforbid the piles of shoes I pulled off of the dead raiders is all. She's calming down now.
And that would be one unfortunate side effect, but we've got to deal with what DF hands us for now ;P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

I just realized after 4 hours in the irradiated north and a world of effort that my embark zone has no access to any water, whatsoever.
No rivers, brooks, pools or even underground reservoirs, and you can't thaw snow because it produces "water" which isn't actually water at all.

Was it ever found possible to make reactions that created usable water and magma?
I remember hearing something about a reaction involving a bucket that would spawn 7/7 usable magma somewhere, maybe it works for water and we can have a water talisman kind of thing added for desolate forts?
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2012, 05:26:37 pm »

Good idea! This is the thread btw: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110569.0

I'll work on adding a water generator that runs off a water talisman. Hopefully the water will be usable. :)

Edit: Success!

Building the water pump workshop over a pit, running the water reaction a couple of times, then deconstructing the pump results in a small amount of water filling the pit.

This is the result of 3 sets of deconstructions:

So it'll take time to fill a large reservoir, but you should be able to produce water once you find a water talisman. :)

Edit2: Further testing shows ponies will drink from water talisman water...so for all intents and purposes, it's actually water.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:13:17 pm by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »

Squid Pack, the knifepony who died of dehydration, and me love you long time Lyc.  :D

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »

Eh, to hell with the shotguns. If you didn't feel like putting them in previously I won't bother ;P
Instead, I'm going to force a dead civilization! I figure with all the slaves I can get it'll be easier than normal, anyway.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »

Heh, that'd be an interesting embark, Crazy Cow.  I'm still looking for a good embark in the new version that isn't crawling with black radscorpions :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 210