Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476759 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2265 on: April 07, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

I know these are probably a long way off, but there are some things I think should be added to the mod at some point. The way I see it, technology in the game comes in several tiers, ranging from the purely practical all the way to sci-fi tech that makes life more convenient. I think that there should be a final, epic tier added, one designed for forts that have reached the endgame, when your stable will be facing large, heavily armed sieges often. I believe there should be a handful of expensive, difficult to build units, capable of leveling the playing field, or possibly just your fortress.

>Cyberponies
I know these have been mentioned before, but I don't think the details of how they'd be implemented was ever fully fleshed out. The way I see it, they would work similar to the golems in masterwork, where dwarfs would be transformed into dedicated military units, capable of massively augmenting your military at the cost of resources and a unit that could have been put to other tasks. Cyberponies would have back whatever bodyparts were lost earlier, and would gain massive agility and strength bonuses, but would lose their cutie marks. In fluff this makes perfect sense, would you care about gardening so much after someone took a melonballer to your guts?

>Hero units
Finally, what if stables could build their own version of Liberty Prime? I figure it would be no different than keeping a chained dragon in your fort. It would be huge, so expensive you probably could only ever field one per embark, and just as likely to destroy your stable as your enemies. It would be the ultimate sign of a stable's riches, and would probably count toward greater sieges from the Brotherhood and the Enclave. It would be awesome!

For Cyberponies: I would prefer it if, as apposed to start creating Deus-esque murderbeasts that threaten all life that dares to come near it, that a player has the option to create less, well, cyberized ponies. Nice little neural implants that promote learning? Synthetic lungs that remove that pesky ability to drown? EMP-burst things that,well, make EMP bursts? Logic Processors/Empathy Synthisizers/Voice Moduals that alter social skill learning rates? Kinetic Accelerators that improve movement speed?

As for huge honking robots,I fully support them. Actualy, I could see more military-ish robots lurking in Evil biomes as a way to signify that they were high prioty during the war. In general, however, if the player has the ability to make it, there should be specimans wandering the wasteland racking up kills in Legends. Also, I would think a giant honking metal pony would be, at the very least, a semimegabeast.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 07, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »

I played my 0.30b fort some more.

I used #clean all to remove 2700 contaminants to see if it helps FPS. Well, it is 70 now and I didn't notice before. 

Knife is still lying wounded and now is starving, dehydrated, drowsy and very unhappy. One of her cats hangs around, but all the ponies are busy elsewhere. Meanwhile Explorer is starving in a hospital bed. Knife eventually dies. Which may be just as well, because his injuries were as bad a Pierce's.

Explorer gets taken by a mood while in the hospital and still waiting for a long series of treatments. He crawls away from bed. It might actually increase his chances of survival, given how the doctors prefer other jobs to tending to their patients. 

The concrete wall was built surprisingly fast. I had a single rock grinder with 3 wide stockpile for cheap stone as well as a stockpile for flux stone. Then there were four stockpiles for concrete blocks with no bins. Work was completed fast. The fortifications on top of the wall are progressing much slower.

An ambush of crazed raiders show up and take it upon themselves to exterminate a pack of wolves. The security is told to seek and destroy. This includes the ponies with ineffective batons.

I just had a thought: A great place for expedition staging area would be the hospital. After all if a pony gets there, that pony has a good chance of dying anyway and doesn't need to stay conscious.

Hm, a snatcher comes along and kills a cat close to the entrance and then a second ambush shows up. We close what entrances can be closed. Hm, another snatcher. The main squads are told to kill one of the foalsnatchers. Internal security is told to return to the compound. Gah, the raiders went around the wall and are chasing ponies who went to fetch stuff. Meanwhile a Minotaur Reaver comes along. Not good. Everypony inside, security station close to the gate. The raiders kill Steel Chain, a good herbalist and Bone Amulet. The Reaver just sort of mills around. Three raiders pursue Drill and run right into security, including Slug who is almost out of ammo. A few others chase Cheese Cake, who gets rescued by Friendly Fire, also low on ammo. He knocks out their leader with a precise shot, which stops the whole squad in their tracks. I send the rest of the security to get them. Oh crap, the Minotaur runs for the gate. Focus on the monster! 
Friendly Fire and slug beats the rest of the wounded (by FF's pistol) raiders to death. Meanwhile the Minotaur runs straight for Deadeye, who shoots and misses with his combat pistol. Grapple desperately races to intercept the Minotaur. She fails. But that's OK, the Minotaur was after a cat and Deadeye is safe for now. Two steel small calibre bullets hit their mark and wound it's muscles. Good, Deadeye has 25 more in his quiver. Grapple and Minotaur finally collide, less than 10 meters from Deadeye. Lotus and Badge run to catch up and the gunners are done with their raiders. Grapple blocks and dodges the punches, but just barely, with no time for counter-strikes. Lotus enters the fray and Deadeye stuns the monster with a shot to the head. Surprisingly, even stunned, it keeps on fighting. To make things worse, it becomes enraged.
Lotus gets stunned and the Minotaur tries to take away one of his shields, but Grapple knocks out one of the monster's teeth with her shield and it releases the grip. She then kicks out another tooth for good measure and Lotus has time to recompose himself. Fishing Hook also died to the raiders and the wall didn't protect anypony. Oh well. Lotus gets stunned again, right under Deadeye's feet. Badge finally comes. The Reaver is badly hurt already and there are enough ponies to force it into mostly defence. Pierce joins the fight. Lotus is the main focus of the Minotaur's attacks and in exchange bites him in the lower body. Just like the last one, the Minotaur is eventually knocked out and Pierce kills it with Energy Lance to the brain.

Explorer's strange mood compels him to just hang around close to where he was hurt. He reported that he can make crossbows earlier. I commission a crossbow workshops. Not that we need crossbows, but maybe he'll somehow snap out of it.

Hm, I had a cage with Mr Hooves next to the workshop, made a Nurse Redheart, but it didn't work. I just pasture 2 Mr Hooves close to the workshop and make a Mr. macintosh to see what happens.

Heh, Explorer wanted a Bowyer's workshop after all. Let's see what useless crap he makes.

FPS is at 45. It's probably the liquid flow. Oh, and the wall is pretty much finished, except for fortifications and turrets.

Hm, Explorer made a fir revolver. Not that useful, but could be worse. He crawled back to the hospital afterwards.

An irradiated cloud blows through the middle of the camp, ignoring the walls. A few ponies get irradiated.

A Mr Macintosh got completed inside a cage. I guess, I'll give it to Pierce. Huh, I can't, it is not a "work animal" (not war trainable). Oh well, I'll just pasture it close to the entrance, which will probably result in fire at some point. Is there another way to assign an animal to a pony? I tried v->p->work animals.

Sigh, another Feral Minotaur Reaver. Civilians inside, security do nothing. Oh wait, it chases Evening Tale. OK, it's inside the walls. Kill it. It gets missed by a lot of pistol shots. Then Grapple intercepts it. Hm, wasn't I supposed to give her combat Armour? Ah crap, it breaks her leg, then kicks her so hard, she flies away. Grapple desperately blocks most of the blows and retreats, but things are looking bad for her. Lotus catches up with the Minotaur. There is ranged support, but the gunners are standing so far away that they miss all their shots. Grapple finally passes out from pain and the Minotaur wastes no time in killing her. Now Lotus has to fight it alone, but help is on the way. the gunners and Mr Macintosh ignore the Minotaur and just shoot a radscorpion that wanders in through the eastern gate. The fight is rather messy and as usual Pierce finishes it with the =Energy Lance= to the brain manoeuvre. Grapple is a pretty big loss.

We got lots of salvage from that caravan and most of the crates haven't even been opened yet. There are 15+ Stable-tec processing matrices and other terminal parts, so each skill could get it's own terminal. Othert than that, there is a little bit of everything.

> Try embarking on a terrifying evil swamp like I've done with Lemon and Orange, and you'll see why I ask for harder salvaging.
I embark in "Wilderness" and the salvaging is hard enough. I tend to loose some salvagers and wood haulers to wildlife.

> On a side note, I've decided to do away with a zone marked for the storage of my plywood boards.  I just disabled plywood from my areas of finished goods and leave the boards in the sawmill.  I put my plywood shop right next to the mill and it works out even better than the zone surrounding it.
Yeah, that works too.

> Cyberponies
We already have Robobrains, but this would have to be more like Deus. Which means another caste with very low frequency and very occasional strange marriages and births. Well, Deus was fertile, I guess, but being born as a cyberpony couldn't be explained, unlike an occasional ghoul or pegasus.
Well, a cyberpony could either be a stable citizen or a pet and both have their disadvantages. For example do you want them to wear clothes and work like normal ponies for the purpose of assigning them to squads?

> Military Sentry Bots
The military versions of what we have are supposedly quite powerful. I haven't seen them in action yet, but they have miniguns and steel frames. If more robot variants are introduced, I'm fine with it.
> Strategically, I see these things as the ultimate sentry guns, too slow to chase attackers, but able to seriously hurt invaders who'd penetrated your stable.
We already have minigun turrets and Mr Macintosh robots for this. I think.
Then there is the Ultra Sentinel, but it is hostile only, which is just as well, given how dangerous it's friendly fire would be.

> K9000 minigun
No no no NO.
Fluff-wise a gun made out of a dog's brain makes no sense. Cyberdogs / robobrains maybe, but not a freaking gun.
In-crunch how would it even work? Just another Spitfire's Thunder AMR variant? A minigun that uses large calibre ammo chests (which I think Lycaeon said wouldn't work anyway, because there is a maximum shoot force for material emissions)?

> Finally, what if stables could build their own version of Liberty Prime?
Liberty Prime is the single thing about FPS fallouts that I hate the most. I mean they are wrong all over, but a giant unkillable mech that throws infinite exploding tanks that respawn behind it's back? Wtf :/ To make things worse after it gets blown up, the BoS wants to rebuild it, rather than simply comment on how impractical and wasteful that would be.
> It would be awesome!
No, it wouldn't. It would be bucking stupid. BTW, the FoE version of this abomination is called Krogoth. You can read here why the idea doesn't work. Yes, it may be possible to build a mobile land fortress, but for the same price it costs to build a whole bunch of normal tanks, which are more manoeuvrable and ultimately better when used as a group.

Well, if we can tame a Minotaur Reaver or build something similar to Ultra Sentinel, I'm fine with it, but no Liberty Prime, Krogoth, Raptors and things on a similar scale.

> Nice little neural implants that promote learning? Synthetic lungs that remove that pesky ability to drown?
This would require body transformation and loose all those learning bonuses from cutie marks, I think.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 07, 2013, 06:47:57 pm »

Maklak, I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be that strongly opposed to those ideas. I know you don't seem to fond of the FPS games. I've played all the games in the series aside from Brotherhood of Steel, and I enjoy them all, and I believe some of the later games had the right idea now and again.

>giant robot being impractical
That is in fact the entire point. Its a pointless show of resources. It doesn't have to be practical, its a goal post, a sign that says "I made it to the end of the tech tier"
Like I said, its like chaining up a dragon in vanilla DF, its a dumb idea, but absolutely dwarven. Its the unit equivalent of a mega project.

In other news, my Armory is filling up with "light". Whatever it is, its incredibly heavy and masons can build with it, but its not on the list of stone in the economic stone screen. It does show up in the stock screen under stone, and I have 700 units worth.

I'm sorry about the minigun idea, I didn't know it would upset you. The k9000 was from Old World Blues. It used a cyberdog brain as a CPU. It was a fun gun, but if it can't be done, it can't be done.

I would like to see more robots, I could see a highly specialized fort using a robot army as its military force. The sentry bot stands out in my mind simply because it is so stupidly hard to put down. I figured it could work more as a decoy, a bullet sponge that takes the brunt of an invading forces attack, leaving them open for flanking.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:24:26 pm by Thirtyeight »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 07, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »

On Liberty Prime: Well, if a ponyfied version of it ever actualy makes it into this mod (I don't care about Krogoth's existance because FE:BoS was a bad fic anyway), I would prefer it to be akin to Vanilla's Bronze Collosus in game terms:Big, hard to damage signifantly, and furthermore completely untameable and hateful of your dwarves.

Actualy, can we all just play nice and make so that ponies can like giant robots for there overwhelming firepower and leave it at that?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 07, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Well..as much as I loved Glenslide, I am starting a new Stable!  After several years, I finally gave up as I was hoping to increase my population through slave rehabilitation...but apparently (once again) the Slave Traders in my world failed to enslave anyone...go figure.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 07, 2013, 09:04:09 pm »

Starting my first volcano fort in this mod. Should be fun.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 07, 2013, 11:31:47 pm »

Replica: While chopping down trees can be made to release toxic clouds, the evil and savage areas are dangerous enough already without salvage hurting your workers. There's also no way to make it happen occasionally instead of all the time.

In any case, local salvage will be made scarcer once the expedition system is fleshed out.

> The material value for salvage should also be lowered or removed altogether if it hasn't already
As Maklak mentioned, this is a barrier so you can't bring hundreds of high-quality salvage logs on embark.

Making salvage heavier, though, is something I will consider. :)

> Plain savage biomes are harder than terrifying evil biomes.
Hmm...this shouldn't be the case as it combines the weather/creatures from evil and savage areas. I will look into this.

Thirtyeight: The slave traders already sort of fill that role (Any higher tech and it would obviate the conventional research trees).

> I think that there should be a final, epic tier added, one designed for forts that have reached the endgame.
Several features have a prominent place on the development list (The Single Pony Project I mentioned earlier, for example), but since the mod is being developed chronologically, they won't be added until the Ministry of Awesome and Ministry of Arcane Science arcs. They will require large amounts of resources.

Cyberponies (Including neural implants and other minor alterations) and sentry bots are more like late-game techs, so they'll be added sooner. :)

> Hero units
I'm skeptical of this, but I've archived it for brainstorming.

> In other news, my Armory is filling up with "light".
I tested the reactions and everything was fine. Did you disable temperature? (This prevents boiling rocks from, well, boiling).

> I would like to see more robots, I could see a highly specialized fort using a robot army as its military force.
Noted.

Maklak: Thanks for the report! :D I'm surprised at the number of minotaur reavers...I'll have to take a look at them again.

> Existing Combat rifle + Chainsaw / Ripper + scrap parts -> Chainsaw / Ripper rifle (no schematics).
Feasible, but not necessary imo. Making a chainsaw/ripper rifle from an ordinary combat rifle is a good idea, however.

> 3 (5?) T3 (T4?) gems + MAS gemcrafting -> A good chance of ITEM_LENS_UNIVERSAL_MAX.
Diamond drop rates aren't that low, and you don't need many universal lenses.

> SATS and Time spells (but not their exhaustion effects) should be mutually exclusive.
> Add clear glass lenses to MAS gemcrafting station.
> Use T3 gems for advanced processing matrices and talismans.
Noted, though in the last case advanced talismans required larger numbers of T2 gems.

> Consider adding reactions to "downgrade" gems, lenses and hologems, so that T3 and T4 can be used instead of T2.
That risks cluttering the arcane workshops, plus T2 gems are common enough.

Treason: :o at your ponies surviving pink cloud. The bleeding alone should be fatal, but perhaps the freezing stops it as you mentioned.

This makes for quite the disturbing mental image.

Iceblaster: Vanilla trading bugs like that happen occasionally. Do let me know if it takes place on a consistent basis.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :D I would like to add that there's no need to argue over potential features...whether or not they're added, they all facilitate the improvement of the mod.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:51:47 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:41 am »

Taking a look back over Glenslide (my Savage/Evil Taiga/Glacial Stable which I have saved) I have some notes:

1.  As noted, my ponies were sucking down Pink Cloud and surviving.  Wild life tended to quickly die to it though checking back over some combat logs reveals that many died to a sudden impact with the ground (my area was rife with Bloodwings and Falcons).  Smaller creatures died faster (Groundhogs), and thieving ponies actually managed to survive the stuff as per the example of one I trapped and saw had some rotting body parts.  It is very possible that the freezing temperatures kept them alive.  That being said, the affect ponies were forever crippled as they never got over the rot that seemed to be kept at bay by the cold, and they were forever reliant on the use of crutches to get around.

2.  Slave Traders still fail to spawn with the slave "pet" in a distressing number of generated worlds.  I blow through many different stables as I enjoy the building process more than the management process and I've gotten some good experience with starting out fresh.  Somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 worlds generated end up with "Slave Traders" failing to capture anyone and only being a source of spider silk.  *This could just be due to my local Slave Traders being in the ass-end of nowhere as far as that world was concerned, and not having anyone to enslave.  I did not check as I have not abandoned that game to start over in the same world.

3.  I managed to capture 3 falcons with traps set up at my Stable entrance in the 4 or 5 years of Glenslide's existence.  After setting up an area for breeding and waiting for many seasons, I realized that there wasn't any "falcon chicks" in the raws to spawn from the eggs.  I should really get into modding, myself.  Maybe I could help out with adding some things and taking the pressure off of Lycaeon.  I'll go dig through the tutorials on the wiki for creature tokens and what not.

4.  This is more an observation of a vanilla DF bug (I think), but do not completely trust what the sight survey says concerning potential ore sources on your embark map.  I have had several starts where it claimed there were multiple sources of "deep metal" but it turned out to be either just lignite/coal (the game counts the stuff as metal due to restrictions in how it's placed) or there was nothing there at all after using dhack to reveal the map and "prospect" for ore.  I never really used those two commands but after many plays with nothing to find, I am afraid I regularly use it, now.

5.  Magma Smelters and Normal Smelters do not have the option of turning Star Strands into Star Waffers but the Prismatic Smelter does.  Is this an oversight or working-as-intended (WAI)?  If it is WAI, I applaud the decision.  Lore-wise it took exceptionally strong magic or advanced technology to work the stuff.

6.  I have had several ponies show up with the alchemy skill at some impressive levels..but every single one has always been an earth pony.  Odd.

7.  I've been thinking about the Armory and how the Stable civilization seems restricted to Security Barding only.  All well and good, but taking my experience with some other mods into mind, I have to wonder if we might eventually have the option of forging Combat Armor (CA) out of other material besides steel?  I'm constantly finding Bronze and Iron combat armor from other civs.  Perhaps we could reverse engineer CA?  Change up the Armory or some other/new workshop to have selectable menus for material use as the forge does, and being able to make our own CA, PA and SA from Steel and Star Metal (would require extra modding, obviously.  I'd volunteer for this, but I have Zero experience with any modding at all).

8.  Large Radscorpions are still a friggin' large threat (which I like!).  Once again, I had a pony die by getting stung in the head through an Iron Security Helmet.  I don't even want to think of what a Giant Radscorpion would be able to do, and in one desert Stable I had I managed to capture one!

These notes made, I am now going to declare a (lazy) intention of learning modding for creatures and plants.  I'll focus mostly on being able to tame some things that would be nice to tame and adding child tags for breeding purposes.  Once there, I'll see about maybe adding in some exceptionally rare plants (have to tweak what conditions they'll grow in to keep them that way).  Maybe the dreams of Orange will come true and Pineapples and such marvelous fruits will be once again brought back from the good-ol'-days.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 08, 2013, 01:46:05 am »

Alright then Lycaeon, you and Maklak win.
I'll just dick around in my "really hard and difficult" savage evil swamps, sitting on my hoard of loot drinking synthcola with a straw while watching the airborne ebola virus do more damage to the local wildlife than to me, while all of you guys fight for your lives in the "easy" generic areas for virtually nothing at all and ten times the challenge.

Dickish sarcasm and joking aside, check out the savage evil swamps.
I don't know about the other savage evil biomes, but the savage evil swamps seem kinda broken and are probably not the kind of challenge you had in mind.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 08, 2013, 03:33:01 am »

Yell at someone, make him apologise :trollface:

> > giant robot being impractical
> That is in fact the entire point. Its a pointless show of resources.
Let me rephrase that: Would you rather spend a 1000 bars of steel (not that far-fetched, tonnage grows with size^3 after all), 20 sensor modules, 50 servomotors, 10 advanced robot processing matrices, 10 crates of medium calibre ammo and 10 crates of explosives to make one robot that can still die from a lucky hit to the head or on getting around 20 Macintosh robots?
Secondly it is one thing to dig up some "awesome but impractical" weapon from times when the government had the resources to dick around with wunderwaffe and quite another to build something so expensive yourself when there are much cheaper and just as good means of defence.

That said, I'm not opposed on principle to stronger robots, up to about the size of a small autonomous tank.

> In other news, my Armory is filling up with "light". Whatever it is, its incredibly heavy and masons can build with it, but its not on the list of stone in the economic stone screen.
> I tested the reactions and everything was fine. Did you disable temperature?
Now I wonder if we can use those evaporating rocks for rock farming. In any case we shouldn't.

> Slave Traders in my world failed to enslave anyone...go figure.
Well, that's one reason we have blanks, right?

> Making salvage heavier, though, is something I will consider.
Well, it should be heavier than scrap ore.

> Cyberponies (Including neural implants and other minor alterations) and sentry bots are more like late-game techs, so they'll be added sooner.
I suppose things like NOBREATHE could be added via permanent interactions that have no timeout. A problem is communicating to the player who has what. I asked for a dfhack plugin somewhere that would list active interactions on all dwarves / ponies, but no one wrote it, I think.

> > Existing Combat rifle + Chainsaw / Ripper + scrap parts -> Chainsaw / Ripper rifle (no schematics).
> Feasible, but not necessary imo. Making a chainsaw/ripper rifle from an ordinary combat rifle is a good idea, however.
This is exactly what I had in mind: Take a combat rifle, chainsaw / ripper and 1-2 scrap parts and put it together into a chainsaw / ripper rifle. No schematics necessary that way.

> > 3 (5?) T3 (T4?) gems + MAS gemcrafting -> A good chance of ITEM_LENS_UNIVERSAL_MAX.
> Diamond drop rates aren't that low, and you don't need many universal lenses.
The very point of this was braimstorming other ways to get clear diamonds, so they don't need an 8% drop rate from rock farming, where even T4 gems don't drop. Getting so many diamonds that way makes no sense in-fluff.

> I never really used those two commands but after many plays with nothing to find, I am afraid I regularly use it, now.
I stopped using #reveal after I unpaused the game before unrevealing a few times, but I use #prospect all all the time. It can even help you while you're still in the embark screen. It will list minerals correctly, just not the amounts, so you have a semi-fast way of embarking with saltpetre, iron ore, coal, or whatever else you want (they won't be all in the same embark). 

> I have had several ponies show up with the alchemy skill at some impressive levels..but every single one has always been an earth pony.  Odd.
Well, there are reactions using Alchemy and off-screen the game doesn't check for toxicity, so this is possible.

> Change up the Armory or some other/new workshop to have selectable menus for material use as the forge does
Can't be done.

> Bronze combat armour.
This is pretty trivial. Just add these to "reaction_forge_prism_MWT.txt" and regen a world:

[REACTION:FORGE_COMBAT_ARMOR_PRISM_BR]
   [NAME:forge bronze combat armor suit (8 bars) (prism)]
   [BUILDING:FORGE_PRISM_MWT:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1200:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:4:SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:FORGE_ARMOR]

[REACTION:FORGE_COMBAT_ARMOR_PRISM_IR]
   [NAME:forge iron combat armor suit (8 bars) (prism)]
   [BUILDING:FORGE_PRISM_MWT:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1200:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:4:SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_COMBAT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:FORGE_ARMOR]

I don't think I want these to make it into the mod. My tiers of armour are Bronze security and Steel combat and it works for me.

I think that bonemeal is too easy to make. Even a dog or something will yield 6-8 bones and that's several bonemeal.

EDIT: Oh and military grade robots should be TRAINABLE_WAR, that way we can easily assign them to ponies. These are the best candidates for this: Mr Macintosh, Armoured Protectorpony, Minigun Protectorpony, Robobrain, Cyberdog.
EDIT2: Hm, I can war train a Macintosh, so never mind.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:41:11 am by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:26 pm »

I had indeed turned off temperature in order to save on FPS. I had forgotten about all the boiling rock reactions that were in this mod.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 08, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »

>>Hero units
>Finally, what if stables could build their own version of Liberty Prime? I figure it would be no different than keeping a chained dragon in your fort. It would be huge, so expensive you probably could only ever field one per embark, and just as likely to destroy your stable as your enemies. It would be the ultimate sign of a stable's riches, and would probably count toward greater sieges from the Brotherhood and the Enclave. It would be awesome!

Hero Units... ?  The concept behind 'building' one that is non-dwarf/pony does not compute.  Heroes are the Legendary Ponies you raise up in your own fortress(or get from migrations)... is it not?

Mega-Project has a better ring to it and is more accurate then 'Heroes'... as Heroes are not built....  And I don't know/remember what this Liberty Prime is, but it sounds like something you'll spend massive amounts of resources and time to build... resources and time that could be more efficiently spent elsewhere for even better results.

So yea if it is like that...  adding in FO:E centric Mega-Projects into the mod sounds pretty cool.  Nothing says prestige like a fairly useless giant napalm spewing mecha-pony that is just as likely to destroy your fort then it is to destroy the enemies you set it loose at.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:44:50 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 08, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »

So apparently I can no longer make more miniguns because I need more minigun schematics. Does that mean I have to disassemble more miniguns? Wouldn't once you have a working a blueprint for a gun, wouldn't it work for all future guns?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 08, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »

> So apparently I can no longer make more miniguns because I need more minigun schematics. Does that mean I have to disassemble more miniguns? Wouldn't once you have a working a blueprint for a gun, wouldn't it work for all future guns?
That's odd. I checked and all reactions to manufacture miniguns preserve schematics as evidenced by: 
$ grep -C 5 "REAGENT.*ITEM_SCHEMATICS_MINIGUN" *

My best guess is that you are plagued by the "improved hauling" system where schematics are carried around in bins and inaccessible for reactions. Try making a stockpile with no bins allowed for just the schematics and disable them everywhere else and see what will happen.

Having more schematics will probably help too, but I'm amazed you're bottlenecked by this and not by the need to make crates of steel ammo.

I'm still playing my 0.30b fort and close to getting a minigun battle saddle. I figured that battle saddles can't be killed and robots can, so this is a better use of my limited ammo crates. I may also send my first expedition within a year or so, but for the time being the place is choked by all the work. All the ponies are hauling something somewhere and barely any work gets done anymore. On the plus side they cut down about half the trees on the map, but do not have the processing power to deal with them. Or anything else, like mining or building fortifications.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 08, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »

I suspect you are right, I can now make miniguns again.

No matter what is decided in the future, I'd like to see a way to return a pony's legs. Its heartbreaking to see a unicorn hunter hobbling around on two legs.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 210