Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477042 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2340 on: April 12, 2013, 08:13:36 pm »

Maklak: I'm concerned about your reports of unreliable workshop interactions and expedition propagation issues, but until I receive corroborating reports there's not much I can do, as the reactions work just fine on my computer. Given your mention of the slight lag, I suggest increasing the speed on your ponies to 700.

> That makes sense and would fix it, but I hate grazers for their dying of hunger in the middle of my dining hall. I'd rather just use a chicken instead.
A good way to promote surface building, methinks.

> The animals list for pasturing is becoming real cluttered with all those chickens and robots.
One of falconne's plugins added a pasture search function, but it was removed during the military crashing debacle. I'll return it - thanks for the reminder!

> If expeditions partly replace salvaging, that will also reduce the frequency of scrap furniture as a side-effect.
> When expeditions use a brahmin or a chicken or whatever and no longer heal a pony, we could use rare resurrection talismans to fill that role.
Those are among my intentions, yes.

> Flamer fuel and biofuel are in the same category.
I try to cut down on stockpile categories where possible.

> It makes for a disturbing image of a society when a forsaken child dies and no one cares.
One where everypony's fighting just to survive. ;)

> Fishing Rod recovers 3 expedition patients into one bed. I just don't want to know how that works.
I'll make a note to seal off the expedition area so unconscious ponies on expeditions aren't brought to hospitals. That may explain why they're not returning loot.

> I highly recommend that you make spell learning reactions work better.
They also use dfhack autosyndrome, and so are affected with the same reliability problems you're experiencing. :( I will look into reverting them.

> I think you nailed Bloodwings the first time around, when they were raging and killing every civilian pony in sight, but dying to soldiers easily.
I'll increase their tendency to rage.

Thirtyeight: As others have mentioned, temperature effects are used by nearly half of the major features of the mod.

> Also, any idea why my ponies refuse to fill medium ammo boxes?
Oftentimes reactions that use stacks or multiples of the same item become white when only a fraction of those items are available.

Gzoker: Good point on the horseshoes/security horseshoes. I will remove the former.

I'm still quite busy, but I hope to get back to modding this weekend.

In the meantime, I have a few questions for those looking to give feedback. Your answers will assist in the development of the next version.

•   Have you experienced problems with the workshop reactions that create or modify creatures? Examples include robot upgrade/assembly and expeditions.

•   Have you tested prisoner interrogation and blank conversion? Does it work smoothly?

•   Are you experiencing any crashes in the current version (v0.30c)? If so please provide a description.

•   If you are experiencing FPS problems (Considered to be 50 or less), how many years after embark does it start on average and how advanced is your Stable?

•   Are the Steel Rangers too overpowered?

•   Have you fought the Unity, and if so, how did it go?

•   Are there any gameplay problems I have not mentioned?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:02:07 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:40 pm »

I really wish I could play with temperature on, but my computer can't handle it and a decent sized stable. I seem to be getting by ok, other than my stone and metal piles filling with light I haven't had any problems. I'm hoping Toady One will someday do an update on FPS, that would be nice.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 12, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »

In answer to the FPS issues, part of the problem is that the game continuously accounts for all the "stuff" cluttering stockpiles.

I did a browse through my stocks and found hundreds of "toys" and "tools" in my more advanced stables.  I had no real need for 80 something frayed wires when I already had 40 good ones (all without using the reaction to fix them), or 100 or so robot motors, sensors, and depleted batteries.  I get all the batteries I need by finding what's in the higher end crates.  In fact, all my needs are met by them.  I don't need to produce anything on my own other than the workshops to make use of them.

For that reason, I'd suggest lowering the amount of stuff that salvage yields and lowering the frequency of the "charged" batteries, good wiring, robot motors, etc.  Make it an actual need to make use of the workshops that make this stuff.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mystery in the stock screen
« Reply #2343 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »

I've noticed in the stock screen there are several items that can be highlighted yet they are invisible. For example Armor/metals/ leads to a list of items, many of which are invisible. Is this a bug or a surprise waiting for us later on?

Also, hurray! I am finally under attack by the Brotherhood of steel! Lets see if my preparations were enough.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:53:26 pm by Thirtyeight »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 12, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »

I've recorded the need to cut down on extraneous salvage. In addition to lowered drop rates, there will be new reactions to break them down into raw materials. You can already dismantle robot motors and sensors for scrap parts at the electronics bench. Scrap parts are combined for scrap metal ore at the salvage yard, or used to refurbish weapons at the reloading bench.

A list of excess salvage items apart from the ones already mentioned (Robot parts, wiring, batteries) would be helpful. :)

> I've noticed in the stock screen there are several items that can be highlighted yet they are invisible.
The current itemsyndrome system still uses metal materials, but they have no name and so are blank in the metals lists. I plan to upgrade to the new system that attaches syndromes to items in the next version.

Edit: Good luck with the rangers. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:01:42 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 12, 2013, 10:54:34 pm »

Cool!

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 13, 2013, 01:02:58 am »

So blistering from the cave floaters never really seems to go away, at least so (five years and counting).

One of my ponies ran into my first steel ranger scouts.  Unfortunately it was during the beginning of my small fort and they were still wearing security barding.  If it wasn't for the wastelanders in my trading post, they would have died, but instead made it out with lots of broken bones and fractures.  Good thing is, I had a very good doctor and plenty of plaster.  Their bones knitted pretty quickly.

Lesson learned:  Splints will do in a pinch, but plaster and traction benches work wonders.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 13, 2013, 02:03:52 am »

A good way to train doctors is to have several expendables station in a radioactive dust cloud. With Level 2 radpoisoning, they turn into a lump of rotting tissue, which your doctors will try to remove. They will never get beyond the right cheek, because the flesh just re-rots.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 13, 2013, 02:28:07 am »

A good way to train doctors is to have several expendables station in a radioactive dust cloud. With Level 2 radpoisoning, they turn into a lump of rotting tissue, which your doctors will try to remove. They will never get beyond the right cheek, because the flesh just re-rots.

"Uhh... sir? Is this right?" The mare asked her commanding officer "Yes, just go stand right over there and don't move until I yell" He said, pointing to a cloud of dust "Fine..." She, along with two others walked into the irradiated cloud, and in seconds they were unconcious, skin rotting all over.

Worst [yay]ing job in the military

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 13, 2013, 03:08:59 am »

>  If you are experiencing FPS problems (Considered to be 50 or less), how many years after embark does it start on average and how advanced is your Stable?
My FPS is around 50, I'm on my 5th year, have around a 100 ponies and some liquid flows. I think this is normal.
> Given your mention of the slight lag, I suggest increasing the speed on your ponies to 700.
Nah, they'll be fine. Most of my playing time is spent on pause anyway and when they move slower, I can see what's going on better. In fact several times I considered lowering my FPS cap to 60 or so. 

> I really wish I could play with temperature on
Well, to get rid of all this "Light" and plasma bolts, I suggest that you occasionally save, enable temperature, load, unpause for a moment, then save, quit, disable temperature and play. But some thing may still not work for you. Now weather - if you disable that, maybe those pesky clouds will stop showing up.

> I'd suggest lowering the amount of stuff that salvage yields and lowering the frequency of the "charged" batteries, good wiring, robot motors, etc.
I don't care much for robot motors and sensor modules - if I can make robots, those are not the things that bottleneck me or can bottleneck me. I like batteries, though and they are hard to make. In fact, when I want to make lots of chainsaws or arcane research, I need lots of batteries, so don't lower their droprate too much.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 13, 2013, 07:54:01 am »

..this glacier may just end up being the one that sparks a war between me and my home civ.  The merchants keep coming during the height of the dust storm season.  Over half of them usually turn to ghouls when they're attempting to go back home.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 13, 2013, 11:32:17 am »

..this glacier may just end up being the one that sparks a war between me and my home civ.  The merchants keep coming during the height of the dust storm season.  Over half of them usually turn to ghouls when they're attempting to go back home.

That would be funny though, your home civ coming with their army only to find a horde of feral ghouls, the ones that were sent by them

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 13, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »

Maklak:

Concerning your trouble with having a unicorn learn a spell, did you set the task on repeat?  I've been noticing that "transformation" or "learning" tasks, when set on repeat, tend to not go off until you remove the "repeat" option from the workshop task.

Edit:  My first group of Talon Mercenary ambushers just showed up on my "Joyous Wilds" woodland map...they met a welcoming party of 5 glowing ghouls.  The radiation bursts pretty much spelled their doom.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:57:02 pm by Treason »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 14, 2013, 02:59:21 am »

> Concerning your trouble with having a unicorn learn a spell, did you set the task on repeat?  I've been noticing that "transformation" or "learning" tasks, when set on repeat, tend to not go off until you remove the "repeat" option from the workshop task.
Of course I did. I wanted ponies to try learning spells till they succeed. If the learn rate is good without repeat, then turning it off makes sense, because by just inspecting the workshop I'll know to inspect the reports. I'll try it without repeat and see how it goes.

Guys, if you did something right in this mod and have something to show for it, please post pictures. I'm especially interested in good setups (including stockpile settings) of advanced industries.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 14, 2013, 03:39:49 am »

Found an interesting bug. My second squad's captain got knifed in the knee left hindleg, and she was transported into the hospital for treatment. I have checked her medical screen after a while, and in her history I have read the following mysterious status:

5th of Opal, 51: Diagnosed with PipBuck - Doc Mushroom

First I thought, hell what a cool feature! But after I looked through the whole treatment history I have realized this message doesn't mean that the doctor diagnosed her with her pipbuck, but that the name of her 'condition' was PipBuck... which the game treats as an infection, and her treatment got stuck until it was taken care of, which of course will never happen by itself. Also in addition she is being constantly evaluated, which can be exploited to train a  legendary Doctor Horse in diagnostics, but she is slowly dieing in the process as nopony gets around to take care of her wounds.

Of course dumping the pipbuck solves the problem (maybe she has to be removed from the squad too, as I also did that too), but looking at the bigger picture, will this behavior cause any problems when my unicorns learn magic?
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 210