Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478956 times)

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2355 on: April 14, 2013, 07:04:00 am »

Hello. Wanted to thank you for making a wonderful MOD. I am having a lot of fun trying to keep my little ponies alive in the harsh wasteland :) 

I just wanted to say that I found a bug. I was trying to use the smelter to smelt some steel chests that I had found. I noticed that my fuel supply kept getting lower and no steel was added to the stockpile. watching carefully I would see that the smelter had chest with the TSK mark and the pony assigned to melting it would go get fuel, work on melting, then the chest would still be there and no steel bars made. The pony would then get more fuel and repeat until no fuel was left. Are the chests bugged?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:37 am »

Found an interesting bug. My second squad's captain got knifed in the knee left hindleg, and she was transported into the hospital for treatment. I have checked her medical screen after a while, and in her history I have read the following mysterious status:

5th of Opal, 51: Diagnosed with PipBuck - Doc Mushroom

First I thought, hell what a cool feature! But after I looked through the whole treatment history I have realized this message doesn't mean that the doctor diagnosed her with her pipbuck, but that the name of her 'condition' was PipBuck... which the game treats as an infection, and her treatment got stuck until it was taken care of, which of course will never happen by itself. Also in addition she is being constantly evaluated, which can be exploited to train a  legendary Doctor Horse in diagnostics, but she is slowly dieing in the process as nopony gets around to take care of her wounds.

Of course dumping the pipbuck solves the problem (maybe she has to be removed from the squad too, as I also did that too), but looking at the bigger picture, will this behavior cause any problems when my unicorns learn magic?
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 14, 2013, 11:45:44 am »

Treason: It's not possible to trigger a war between you and your home civ, but ghoulified caravans will affect your future migrant counts.

> So blistering from the cave floaters never really seems to go away, at least so (five years and counting).
It ends in 900 ticks, so either the suffering pony is still covered in it or needs to be diagnosed and treated by a doctor.

Destyvirago: I'm glad you enjoy it! :) You can't melt chests in the smelter (It's a known vanilla bug), but I did add a reaction to melt them down at the prismatic smelter, which you need a power talisman to build.

Gzoker: That is an unusual bug, but I can't think of a way around it due to hospital mechanics being hardcoded. I doubt it affects magically trained unicorns, as spells have been in the mod since its release and diagnosis problems have yet to be reported.

It may have something to do with the reapplication of the syndrome by the armor every 150 ticks. In that case, taking it off as you suggested would fix the problem. I've made a note of it in the second post.

Edit: Reposting my questions for posterity.

•   Have you experienced problems with the workshop reactions that create or modify creatures? Examples include robot upgrade/assembly and expeditions.

•   Have you tested prisoner interrogation and blank conversion? Does it work smoothly?

•   Are you experiencing any crashes in the current version (v0.30c)? If so please provide a description.

•   If you are experiencing FPS problems (Considered to be 50 or less), how many years after embark does it start on average and how advanced is your Stable?

•   Are the Steel Rangers too overpowered?

•   Have you fought the Unity, and if so, how did it go?

•   Are there any gameplay problems I have not mentioned?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:49:18 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 14, 2013, 01:02:40 pm »

Found an interesting bug. My second squad's captain got knifed in the knee left hindleg, and she was transported into the hospital for treatment. I have checked her medical screen after a while, and in her history I have read the following mysterious status:

5th of Opal, 51: Diagnosed with PipBuck - Doc Mushroom

First I thought, hell what a cool feature! But after I looked through the whole treatment history I have realized this message doesn't mean that the doctor diagnosed her with her pipbuck, but that the name of her 'condition' was PipBuck... which the game treats as an infection, and her treatment got stuck until it was taken care of, which of course will never happen by itself. Also in addition she is being constantly evaluated, which can be exploited to train a  legendary Doctor Horse in diagnostics, but she is slowly dieing in the process as nopony gets around to take care of her wounds.

Of course dumping the pipbuck solves the problem (maybe she has to be removed from the squad too, as I also did that too), but looking at the bigger picture, will this behavior cause any problems when my unicorns learn magic?

Pony Father: "What's wrong with our little filly, Doc Mushroom?"
Doc Mushroom: "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but she has... PipBuck."
Pony Father begins crying while Pony Mother comforts him.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 14, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

> Diagnosed with PipBuck - Doc Mushroom
Well, those things are hard to take off and there could be an infection underneath. (That was a joke - ponies can put pipbucks on and off without problems, so I'm sure there is a pipbuck technician on hoof.)

> You can't melt chests in the smelter (It's a known vanilla bug)
Huh? I didn't know and it's not in the wiki. This would explain why my smelting is so slow and why I have so many steel chests.

EDIT: I've just read an Orange report.

> [...] a silly experiment I'm trying out after hearing Maklak fanboy so much over weapon specialized squads, because apparently he is seeing some weird non existent cross training between different weapon users which I have never ever observed in any DF version I've played.
That recommendation was based on something I've read. After some experiments I think that it is best to have squads of 2-4. Similar weapons and cutie marks are preferable, because sometimes there will be demonstrations for weapon skills, but otherwise my mixed weapon squad works fine. It looks that soldiers will (almost?) always skip demonstrations for weapon skills they aren't using.

> The shooting range is set up properly following Maklak's proposed design.
My current recommendation would be to just put an open barracks for the gunners on the surface, so they can shoot random things and don't use archery range, but that only works in nice biomes and even there I have to watch out for radiation storms.

> Unless of course the prismatic forge now happens to have reactions for security armor, which in that case makes all my concerns null.
Seconded. It is so cluttered with furniture that "Make security armour set from bronze" won't hurt.

> Something very strange I observed is that the bloodwings really don't care much for ponies. [...]
Yes, I've noticed that too and Lycaeon said, he will increase their tendency to rage.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:34:14 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 14, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »

Well, I'm kind of disappointed. Aside from that first scout I chased off, I haven't ran into a single Ranger.

Edit:
And then I immediately get attacked by 5. Serves me right.

My ponies won't claim the Ranger corpses. Is there something specific I need?

Edit2:
Ok, I've just seen quite possibly the strangest thing ever. I was under siege by Raiders, except some of them were on fire, and they brought war dogs. They immediately began fighting the war dogs, which caused a loyalty cascade. By the time my squads met them, they had nearly wiped themselves out. Is that supposed to happen?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:20:55 am by Thirtyeight »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 15, 2013, 02:58:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ranger corpses go into the finished goods stockpile if I'm not mistaken. Wheelbarrows Carts are a heavily advised to move them. They also spawn forbidden by default, so you have to claim them manually, or change the last option in the (o)rders menu's (F)orbidden menu, but this will cause a few deaths among your ponies.

I think the bonfires found their way back into the mod - those were the cause of flaming raiders last time. Aside from the little problem that they cover the whole map with brushfire, burning raider are completely awesome. Loyalty cascades happen sometimes when all the hostile units spawn in a small area and they push each other, then it snowballs from there. Maybe in your case it was something else, if it happens again we can have a more accurate guess.
Anyway:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Has anybody else noticed that we can buy wooden trap components at embark?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:23:44 am by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 15, 2013, 07:33:32 am »

I really wish I could play with temperature on, but my computer can't handle it and a decent sized stable. I seem to be getting by ok, other than my stone and metal piles filling with light I haven't had any problems. I'm hoping Toady One will someday do an update on FPS, that would be nice.
How big is your embark size?  4x4?(Default)  I've personally downed mine to 3x3 to fight against future bloat/slowdown.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 15, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »

If I embark on a 3X3 area or smaller, and if I place a strict population cap (50-60) and if I slaughter every animal in sight, I can play with temperature on for a few years before fps death. I don't really enjoy playing like that, and playing with temperature off seems like a small sacrifice to pay in order to have a fort that lasts for a while.

In other news, is there a way of keeping track of your robots? Having lots of turrets becomes a liability when placing them, as its difficult to tell which ones I've already placed somewhere and which ones I haven't. As a result, my ponies keep shuffling around the same three turrets, instead of leaving them in place and bringing out the ones I just bought.

Edit: Whats a good use for Star Metal in this mod?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:48:55 pm by Thirtyeight »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »

Turrets: Move them to a common pasture when bought, then unpasture. This will tell you which ones are available. When you upgrade a turret, unpasture it where it is (or keep it in cage if that's what you do).
Or just cage the new ones, so that all available are caged. Either way, you want only your placed turrets to be pastured and your available turrets to be not pastured.
When you want to move a turret somewhere, make a 1x1 pasture, assign an available turret and keep it pastured there.

Starmetal -> chains.

> What do you do regarding soldiers becoming attached to specific weapons? It seems soldiers with depleted weapons won't allow them to be recharged, and obviously gunners who are attached to air rifles aren't very useful.
I haven't encountered that problem, but people who did say you just need an active dumping zone and manually go do {v}->{i}nventory, select offending weapon, enter, {d}ump. Do not manually forbid it, just dump it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:46:51 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:52 pm »

Maklak,

What do you do regarding soldiers becoming attached to specific weapons? It seems soldiers with depleted weapons won't allow them to be recharged, and obviously gunners who are attached to air rifles aren't very useful.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 15, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »

Totally unrelated, but I just watched Luna Eclipsed again and realized that Spike is wearing a dragon costume. As in, an actual costume.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 15, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »

Totally unrelated, but I just watched Luna Eclipsed again and realized that Spike is wearing a dragon costume. As in, an actual costume.

Dragonception?

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 15, 2013, 11:26:47 pm »

I want to say something, and you guys can dismiss me as being too idealistic, its ok. I genuinely believe that with some updated features from Toady One and more alterations on Lycaeon's part, we could well be looking at the closest thing to a "true" Fallout 3, one closer to the spirit of the first two games. Dwarf Fortress allows the necessary depth and complexity, the lack of an overbearing story forcing you forward. I believe that its possible for Lycaeon to use these tools to create a world faithful to the Fallout verse, albeit one more suited to ponies. I fervently wish DF would update faster, as I am extremely excited to see what Lycaeon would do with said updates. I've just lost my most recent stable to a tantrum spiral, and I don't even care. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Thanks for reading this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 15, 2013, 11:36:26 pm »

The update will allow for better storytelling, but not through mods.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 210