Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478646 times)

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2385 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:37 pm »

I'm guessing that in the Everfree Forest, you don't have to worry about raiders and slavers as much as the local wildlife. The Everfree forest was dangerous before the reality and genetically altering spells started getting tossed around.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:25:09 pm by Thirtyeight »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 18, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »

Will Good biomes be easier to settle as in Vanilla, or will they have terrible hazards of their own?

Well, it's the Everfree bloody forest. Even discounting the manticores and the cockatraces and the plant monsters and the moss monsters and the basilisks and the timber wolves and whatever else that would be a decent fit in there (Pertyons, perhapes? Two headed bears? Good Biomes cover a lot more than just woodland, anyway), there is still the issue of actually surviving in a low-to-little scrap area in a mod which continued survival is almost always tied to decent scrap hauls.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:27:17 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 19, 2013, 11:25:41 am »

Well, love the mod. I wouldn't mind helping if you want, RAWs aren't too hard to do anything with. I'm still learning some things, but it's easily within my grasp to help ya.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 19, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »

I have been playing Fallout 3 Recently and was wondering if this was possible...

Putting in some sort of Alien race that would show up at around 150 population and 250k wealth.

I really don't have any ideas on what they would do, but I can see them being implemented if you want to keep a 'Fallout Equestrian' feeling(Chapter... Homage forget which, has Homage mention finding an Alien Blaster in the wastes so having aliens wouldn't be that 'out there')

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 19, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »

Spoiler ahead, if you haven't read it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 19, 2013, 03:07:23 pm »

Well, love the mod. I wouldn't mind helping if you want, RAWs aren't too hard to do anything with. I'm still learning some things, but it's easily within my grasp to help ya.
Tip on contribution: Don't ask, find something that you want to add to the mod and make it, easiest to make something that is not already in.  Like a sub-mod.  If it fits in the spirit of the wastelands/FO:E Mod and is working and stuff, it'll likely get fit in the next update, if you allow it.

I have been playing Fallout 3 Recently and was wondering if this was possible...

Putting in some sort of Alien race that would show up at around 150 population and 250k wealth.

I really don't have any ideas on what they would do, but I can see them being implemented if you want to keep a 'Fallout Equestrian' feeling(Chapter... Homage forget which, has Homage mention finding an Alien Blaster in the wastes so having aliens wouldn't be that 'out there')
@Alien trigger, 140 Population or 300k(or 200k) wealth.  Currently as how DF works, 'other civilization' triggers are an either/or affair.

Your triggers as proposed would look like:
Code: [Select]
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:5  (140 Population is the trigger)
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:5 (300k Wealth is the trigger)
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:0 (No trigger set)
What this means is,
If you have 140 Population and have 100k wealth, you get aliens.
If you have 20 Population and have 300k wealth, you get aliens.

Its not a 140 Pop AND 300k wealth = aliens thing.  It is 140 Pop OR 300k wealth.

Limits of current entity/progress_trigger settings.  It'll probably change much later.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 19, 2013, 03:32:47 pm »

Tip on contribution: Don't ask, find something that you want to add to the mod and make it, easiest to make something that is not already in.  Like a sub-mod.  If it fits in the spirit of the wastelands/FO:E Mod and is working and stuff, it'll likely get fit in the next update, if you allow it.

@Alien trigger, 140 Population or 300k(or 200k) wealth.  Currently as how DF works, 'other civilization' triggers are an either/or affair.

Your triggers as proposed would look like:
Code: [Select]
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:5  (140 Population is the trigger)
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:5 (300k Wealth is the trigger)
PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:0 (No trigger set)
What this means is,
If you have 140 Population and have 100k wealth, you get aliens.
If you have 20 Population and have 300k wealth, you get aliens.

Its not a 140 Pop AND 300k wealth = aliens thing.  It is 140 Pop OR 300k wealth.

Limits of current entity/progress_trigger settings.  It'll probably change much later.

Oh, My knowledge of the triggers isn't the best, so thank's for filling me in on that.

>Demdemeh

Oh, I assumed since the line said(Paraphrased) "The handle looked foreign, why would a pony find it useful" it was from aliens

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 19, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »

What would the aliens be like? They couldn't be the humanoid like things from Fallout 3. Maybe a four pegged variant? Or at least something different than the original, it is Equestrian, after all. Maybe a way to research their weapons to use, though they would be like bows in original DaF in they way that you can't manufacture them or the ammunition, you would have to rely on their loot or probably RARELY a group having a few cells to trade.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 19, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

I vote no on aliens and alien blasters.
* The aliens would have to be in the pony theme, so what could they possibly be, pale horses?
* Any alien civilisation would either have to send caravans or sieges and ambushes as those are the only two ways to interact with others. Neither of those is fitting a theme of a single crashed UFO. Other than that, they could be like an animal-men camp in the caverns, that I've heard sometimes happens in vanilla, but those aren't hostile.
* Modding some type of alien camps for adventurer mode might be possible, but I think it would require an existing alien civilisation, with towns and stuff.
* Another possibility would be a rare type of animal that sometimes comes to your fortress, then divides itself into several aliens through a series of interactions, but those wouldn't have alien blasters equipped.
* Proper implementation of alien blaster would have to pretty much cast implosion on impact or worse. I don't like the idea of enemies with 1 hit kills against anything I throw at them.
* Enclave having a few of those blasters is better than aliens, but they would probably bring multiple. I think once a civilisation has access to a weapon, there is no way to say it is rare.

EDIT: I suppose an alien blaster could be a 1% or rarer drop from MAW crate.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:19:38 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 19, 2013, 05:25:06 pm »

* The aliens would have to be in the pony theme, so what could they possibly be, pale horses?
* Any alien civilisation would either have to send caravans or sieges and ambushes as those are the only two ways to interact with others. Neither of those is fitting a theme of a single crashed UFO. Other than that, they could be like an animal-men camp in the caverns, that I've heard sometimes happens in vanilla, but those aren't hostile.
* Modding some type of alien camps for adventurer mode might be possible, but I thing it would require an existing alien civilisation, with towns and stuff.
* Another possibility would be a rare type of animal that sometimes comes to your fortress, then divides itself into several aliens through a series of interactions, but those wouldn't have alien blasters equipped.
* Proper implementation of alien blaster would have to pretty much cast implosion on impact or worse. I don't like the idea of enemies with 1 hit kills against anything I throw at them.
* Enclave having a few of those blasters is better than aliens, but they would probably bring multiple. I think once a civilisation has access to a weapon, there is no way to say it is rare.

Curse my unknowledge of modding for that idea, It was really a spur of the moment "Oh my gosh I just had an Idea" thing instead of a "I've spent a while sitting on this Idea and this is how I think it could be implemented"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:21 pm »

* Modding some type of alien camps for adventurer mode might be possible, but I thing it would require an existing alien civilisation, with towns and stuff.

Curse my unknowledge of modding for that idea, It was really a spur of the moment "Oh my gosh I just had an Idea" thing instead of a "I've spent a while sitting on this Idea and this is how I think it could be implemented"
You could make an alien civilization without them attacking or trading with your fort I believe.  No progess_trigger? 
Then it essentially becomes adventure mode only... and you can make aliens really strong with low natural population, but it would take a few regens to properly balance em so that they don't consistently get wiped and don't conquer the world.
Alien towns will basically be their spaceships....

Mind you I don't really care either way for aliens.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 19, 2013, 07:01:15 pm »

You could make an alien civilization without them attacking or trading with your fort I believe.  No progess_trigger? 
Then it essentially becomes adventure mode only... and you can make aliens really strong with low natural population, but it would take a few regens to properly balance em so that they don't consistently get wiped and don't conquer the world.
Alien towns will basically be their spaceships....

Mind you I don't really care either way for aliens.

I might try to mod those in myself and test them out myself with that trigger. If not though, I would be fine knowing they won't be implemented

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 19, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »

> Evergreen forest
Yes, it won't have much surface salvage, but by the time it's added expeditions to the ruins of pre-war cities will have been implemented as the main source of advanced technology. And yes, it will be just as dangerous, if not more so, than the deathlands. ;)

> RAW assistance
Zangi's advice describes my views rather well. I prefer working on the core mod, including hotfixes and modification of current elements, alone. However, I am willing to accept raws for new features that fit well within the Fallout/Fallout Equestria canon. I advise running ideas by me first so you don't work on something I won't accept. If you have any modding questions, ask here and I'll answer them.

Alternatively, you could just suggest the idea and I'll mod it in if I like it. You're in no way obligated to make the raws yourself for something you wish to see added.

Thanks for the offers everyone! They're much appreciated! :D

> Putting in some sort of Alien race that would show up at around 150 population and 250k wealth.
Aliens are out of the scope of both the FoE canon and the raws. The novel mainly focused on starmetal as the greater threat, through which the stars exerted their corrupting influence that indirectly lead to the Last Day and various other calamities. The stars themselves are vaguely mentioned, but are more supernatural than physical.

Edit: Reposting my previous questions for posterity.

•   Have you experienced problems with the workshop reactions that create or modify creatures? Examples include robot upgrade/assembly and expeditions.

•   Have you tested prisoner interrogation and blank conversion? Does it work smoothly?

•   Are you experiencing any crashes in the current version (v0.30c)? If so please provide a description.

•   If you are experiencing FPS problems (Considered to be 50 or less), how many years after embark does it start on average and how advanced is your Stable?

•   Are the Steel Rangers too overpowered?

•   Have you fought the Unity, and if so, how did it go?

•   Are there any gameplay problems I have not mentioned?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:49:12 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 19, 2013, 11:32:40 pm »

Maybe since Talons aren't technically an enemy, (they are mercs)maybe a way to hire them. The basic buying units like slaves wouldn't really work, as those are from caravans and such. Maybe a diplomat type with a contract, give them so many units of worth in items and they will send ___ soldiers for ___ days. This might be a bit of trouble though, never done anything with a liason type like that before.

Edit : Since we don't have the ability to send expeditions, maybe pay the Talon Mercs so much to send ___ soldiers to attack another civilization, which if it succeeds (based on the number of soldiers,  and the civilizations strength) will slow down sieges by that particular faction, or branch of faction. The sieges may also be stopped if you succeed so many times or so well. They may retaliate though, maybe with a heightened siege chance after the Mercs attack them. Still would be hard to work out, but I may try.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:13:17 am by Zioko345 »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:43 am »

Maybe since Talons aren't technically an enemy, (they are mercs)maybe a way to hire them. The basic buying units like slaves wouldn't really work, as those are from caravans and such. Maybe a diplomat type with a contract, give them so many units of worth in items and they will send ___ soldiers for ___ days. This might be a bit of trouble though, never done anything with a liason type like that before.

Edit : Since we don't have the ability to send expeditions, maybe pay the Talon Mercs so much to send ___ soldiers to attack another civilization, which if it succeeds (based on the number of soldiers,  and the civilizations strength) will slow down sieges by that particular faction, or branch of faction. The sieges may also be stopped if you succeed so many times or so well. They may retaliate though, maybe with a heightened siege chance after the Mercs attack them. Still would be hard to work out, but I may try.

Impossible at the moment, sorry for killing your ambitions

> Putting in some sort of Alien race that would show up at around 150 population and 250k wealth.
Aliens are out of the scope of both the FoE canon and the raws. The novel mainly focused on starmetal as the greater threat, through which the stars exerted their corrupting influence that indirectly lead to the Last Day and various other calamities. The stars themselves are vaguely mentioned, but are more supernatural than physical.

::) I get it, No aliens due to canonical reasons I can stop being told now.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 210