Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472536 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.87b beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:16 pm »

I've been too busy tweaking and playing around with my own mod to get into the nitty gritty here. I hope you don't mind if I yoink the gunsmith. I can't just make bullets from one material.

And you can't really do all that much with ranged weapons, all ammunition does edge type damage anyway. I think it's due to having such tiny contact areas that it'd be rare for something to get torn off. My only thought to get it working in any capacity would be to make the ammunition bigger, but since no scatter it would just be a slug.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:01 pm »

Here we go. Deep soil, shallow metals, a river... and no help coming anytime soon. My wagon is made of high-quality salvage; I'm taking that as a good sign.
Strike the earth!

And you can't really do all that much with ranged weapons, all ammunition does edge type damage anyway. I think it's due to having such tiny contact areas that it'd be rare for something to get torn off. My only thought to get it working in any capacity would be to make the ammunition bigger, but since no scatter it would just be a slug.
Spears and axes both do edged damage, yet axes carve and spears stab. It's a combination of contact area, penetration depth, and impact speed. While crossbow bolts don't have much of any, modded ammo can, and does, do things like tear off limbs or blow creatures back from the force of the blow. (Spitfire's Thunder should totally do that, by the way ;P)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:32:00 pm by Crazy Cow »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

Actually, can make ammo that deals blunt crushing damage.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »

I've found that blunt ammo is universally useless.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2012, 08:50:43 pm »

This. Bruising is not going to do diddly squat against a ghoul with four legs. Or a ghoul with no legs. Or a radroach.

Also, dead civilizations would be the way to go for a "true" wasteland town experiance.

On another note, I am half tempted to find a way to find a way to make that conversion thing work on Brahman. I have one that I have nicknamed "Bessy" that's managed to kill five raiders so far, and no signs of stopping. Actualy, Lycaeon, is it possible to have a chance for donkeys and mules to get mixed in with the slave hauls? It just seems fitting.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »

Unless you throw it manually by hand.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »

That's not good... my civilization has leaders, which probably means it isn't dead. Let's abandon this site and gen a new world; this time I'll set the lifespan of Stable ponies to zero and see if that works.

EDIT:
Ha! It worked!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:48:06 pm by Crazy Cow »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2012, 01:18:16 am »

No problem Indigo. :)

As for donkey and mule servants, Pokon, while that would be nice, it's not feasible according to raw structure - making brahmin intelligent would prevent them from being butchered as well.

And have you been ambushed by rangers/Unity alicorns yet Crazy Cow?
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2012, 01:42:10 am »

I haven't seen an Alicorn yet, but I dropped a Ranger scout a few fortresses back. Hopefully I can drag this one out long enough to get some Alicorns; Rangers weren't listed in the civilizations screen pre-embark, so I won't see them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:55:47 am by Crazy Cow »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:07 am »

Well they're not butcherable so long as the EAT_SAPIANT_OTHER ethic isn't set to Acceptable. Right?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2012, 10:41:22 am »

Well they're not butcherable so long as the EAT_SAPIANT_OTHER ethic isn't set to Acceptable. Right?

Except if he does that you'll be able to butcher raiders and other enemy ponies.

So today I sat down and put my mind to getting a proper good fort up and running.
Set everything up, semi cheated on the embark by bringing steel and plenty of turrets to deal with black scorpions, got a shitty little hospital set up, got all the basic industries going, got a good farm running, plotted out a good defense strategy and layout to deal with rampaging snatchers and thieves and have a good salvage industry running that has given me more steel weapons and assorted loot than I care to count.

But this megaspell war man, it has really fucked with my ponies sense of compassion and care.
I have had two moods so far, and both of them have failed miserably because the AI was to retarded to get their priorities straightened out, I had no metal bars for one of the moods and it took forever for 30 idle ponies with wood burning and furnace operating labors to set up one smelter and actually DO anything, by the time someone actually stopped jerking off in the meeting hall it was too late and my best fisherpony went stark raving mad in the same fashion of my one fell doctor did.
Another hilarious related thing was how it took a whooping 3 months for 10 idle ponies to actually go feed my one wounded soldier despite not having anything else to do, then there was that jerk of a lazy broker who has ZERO labors and utterly refused to go trade forcing me to send some clueless idiot to do his job for him.
All fun DF AI problems, not related to the mod, but infuriating nonetheless.

Also, appearently smelting metal items doesn't do anything, it doesn't produce metal bars, it just consumes the metal item and a bar of fuel and then nothing, 5 aluminium crutches and one steel knife went down the drain that way, forcing me to use the cheat DFhack 'reveal' command to find the metal ore near the bottom of the map which ultimately ended in failure anyway.

Is that a DF bug or is it intentional to prevent us from ending up with too much steel with all the salvage salvaging nets us?
Anyone else have that problem with melting items or is it just me?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2012, 10:46:18 am »

I tried melting some of the thousands of chests I had in my previous fort, but my sub-Citizens spent so long doing the job that they got thirsty and hungry, so I shrugged and stopped.
According to the DF Wiki, though, you should be sitting on two and a half aluminum bars (though you won't see the half ;P).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:49:31 am by Crazy Cow »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57:27 am »

Well, I am sitting on 0 aluminum bars.

Also apparently I had bars ALL ALONG.
My newly designated bar stockpile is FULL OF COPPER BARS, so the game was trolling me from the very start.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2012, 11:05:30 am »

Melting should produce the bars (I just produced some steel bars in a test fort I had running), though if you melt small items you'll only get fractions of bars you won't see until they add up to a full bar. You ponies may have sorted away the aluminum bars, but the steel dagger would have yielded less than a full bar.

Unfortunately, I found a bug with the creature spawning. Apparently, creatures with both [EVIL] and [SAVAGE] tags will not spawn, so I've gone ahead and revamped them, also fixing a bug that made black radscorpions spawn way too often. Evil regions will become the deathlands, with even sinister biomes having higher concentrations of high-quality salvage and dangerous critters, while ordinary savage regions are now irradiated, with some concentrations of high-quality salvage and irradiated critters.

I'll release the new version shortly along with the slave rehabilitation options.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2012, 11:24:29 am »

I'll try my own melting here soon and see how it goes.
In other news, my last migrants arrived. An even twenty ponies; nine unicorns, eleven mud ponies and zero(!) children, thankfully. I managed to find a suit of combat armor in a Wartime Technology crate and there's plenty of tetrahedrite, so for now I'm just going to do some more salvage work before the raiders start showing up in force.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 210