Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476881 times)

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2415 on: April 21, 2013, 09:38:02 pm »

Yeah, I read Maklak's guide. I didn't know if ponies picked up extra shields automatically or if they needed to be assigned.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:53 pm »

There's probably a fight between a ghoul and something else in the cavern layer.
Okay, never had a fight between non-visible creatures. Sorry, even playing for a long time I still miss things.
And it would have to be a friggin powerful enemy to kill all 20 of the ghouls.

EDIT: Now there is a Military Protectapony listed as dead, must have been in the caves fighting ghoul hordes. I applaud it for killing a butt ton of them, and making so that I did not.

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 22, 2013, 03:51:26 am »

You need to assign the shields in the equipment menu. UPs have 5 graspers, so you can normally assign 3 with most weapons or 4 with a ripper or security baton. Funny thing is, some of that equipment will land in already occupied graspers, leaving some for wrestling too.

I think I've read someone in vanilla using multiple shields on Dwarves and it working, so 3-4 may be only scratching the surface and you can stack 10 or more on any type of pony, but I haven't tested this and am content with 2 for EPs, 3-4 for UPs. It may be that stacking multiple things lowers the effectiveness of weapon strikes somewhat, but with high enough weapon skill that's no longer any problem.

I tend to use leather shields because I have lots of this stuff and it weights next to nothing compared to metal riot shields. Wood is viable, but at 1 log per shield, I prefer leather.

Unfortunately I've hit the 40k word cap on my military guide, so I may need to rewrite some of it to make it shorter. Especially the first part about how to train soldiers is full of holes and contradictions.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:32 am »

Maklak, just post it on a outside source or something, its a good guide.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:10 am »

I just realized that I'm a sig. Cool.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 22, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »

Unfortunately I've hit the 40k word cap on my military guide, so I may need to rewrite some of it to make it shorter. Especially the first part about how to train soldiers is full of holes and contradictions.

Just make another post and link that to your main post.
That's what I'll have to do with the stable index eventually.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 22, 2013, 01:20:35 pm »

I noticed that there aren't SMGs yet. I could make some using small ammo and the same skill as miniguns, since, for one, there isn't a real way to train miniguns well, and secondly, another kind of gun would always be nice. And I was thinking of coding a needle pistol, the ones that shoot paralyzing needles, the needles could be bone, and be able to be fired without gunpowder. Maybe barrels of venom along with bone would make the needles, and wire, a wood block and some sort of metal for the gun. Is it possible to add a syndrome to ammo using the [ENTERS_BLOOD] tag? Would work well on creatures who have weak or no armor.

EDIT: An SMG would be too much like a pistol, wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:25:57 pm by Zioko345 »

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:03 pm »

The syndrome thing should be relatively easy with the new autosyndrome plugin by Putnam.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 22, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure SMGs have been discussed before. I do think we need some more variety in guns, what we have now is pretty limited and not that useful. Its such a petty the programming makes it so hard to create different bullet behavior.

Slug shotguns could be cool, a single, extremely dense bullet fired slowly. Would that be too similar to large caliber weapons?

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 22, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

The syndrome thing should be relatively easy with the new autosyndrome plugin by Putnam.
Auto syndrome plugin? Tell me more. I will make the gun and the reactions. It can be made at a workbench.

EDIT: Maybe the needle gun will cause the limb it hits to stop working for a time if it can get into the blood. Short range but effective if you have a melee squad mop up the paralyzed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:27:33 pm by Zioko345 »

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:27 pm »

So it would be like the dart gun from Fo3?

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding tin? Is it best used to make bronze or pewter or just used by itself to make bins?

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 22, 2013, 03:48:24 pm »

So it would be like the dart gun from Fo3?

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding tin? Is it best used to make bronze or pewter or just used by itself to make bins?
Yes, it would be like the dart gun, in Fo:E canon Littlepip makes a needle gun, equivalent to the dart gun.
I don't mind using excess tin for bins, but I make most of it into bullets if I lack a lot of steel.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:48 pm »

For SMGs you'd have to make minigun battle saddles that shoot small calibre ammo. If they were in the game, I'd take them.

There is some way to make bullets that have effects when they hit, but I don't recall much details. A needler pistol should be possible. I think the masterwork mod has some reactions to coat ammunition with poison.

> Slug shotguns could be cool, a single, extremely dense bullet fired slowly. Would that be too similar to large caliber weapons?
AMRs shoot a larger and heavier bullet faster than the rifles. After some thinking about it, I'm against slug shotguns; they would be too much like combat rifles.

> I do think we need some more variety in guns, what we have now is pretty limited and not that useful.
I think that two or three energy weapon variants on top of what we have would be just fine and that we have enough variety. With more weapon types, we would have to juggle more types of ammo. There is also the possibility for a third progression of ranged weapon skill (Blowguns), but I'd reserve that for Energy Weapons.
This mod is already so complex that I need guides and a text editor with RAWs open to play it. Sometimes less (complexity) is more (playability).

> Does anyone have any suggestions regarding tin? Is it best used to make bronze or pewter or just used by itself to make bins?
Use plywood bins and barrels.
Any metal or stone is much heavier. Since scrap is also an ore of tin, tin is not that useful. I'd just use it to make bronze and save on scrap. Bronze is good for mechanisms, bulk amounts of security armour and some other things.

Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics had Needlers too.

EDIT:
> Seeing that you guys talk a lot about guns and ammo: I just tested all possible tags from Putnams projectileexpansion plugin, maybe you can use it for something.
Lol, most of it is useless or overpowered, but some things are interesting just for the lolz of it: 
Lavamist + large flowsize -> mini-nuke / balefire egg.
Lavamist -> Would be nice for master destruction spell.
Web -> Would be nice for adept Alteration spell. A web gun similar to what some police have would also be good.

> DFHACK_GAS_UNDIRECTED: No damage, but can carry syndromes.
Combined with flowsize 1 this may be relevant, but I think there was a way to apply syndromes to ammo months ago.

> make smoke grenades with an unconciousness syndrome
Or paralysing or poison needles.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:59:35 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2428 on: April 22, 2013, 04:31:23 pm »

Seeing that you guys talk a lot about guns and ammo: I just tested all possible tags from Putnams projectileexpansion plugin, maybe you can use it for something.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123817.msg4196066#msg4196066
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »

Bronze it is then.

I don't think we need more ammo types, beyond the proposed energy weapons. I just wish I could figure out how to train gunners without them becoming attached to air rifles. I've tried pitting raiders behind fortifications, but low level gunners have to be right up next to the fortifications to shoot through. Its kind of frustrating. In the end, I wind up just putting minigun battlesaddles on my melee soldiers as a way of bolstering their damage.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 210