Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478294 times)

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2430 on: April 22, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »

For SMGs you'd have to make minigun battle saddles that shoot small calibre ammo. If they were in the game, I'd take them.

There is some way to make bullets that have effects when they hit, but I don't recall much details. A needler pistol should be possible. I think the masterwork mod has some reactions to coat ammunition with poison.
Thank you. The SMG would be just that, a small calibre gun, though I could make one attachable to battle saddles. The needles would have a paralyzing effect when they enter the blood, and I may add poison sacs to radscorpions and manticores, giving one on butcher, being non edible and extracting to 30 poison or so. The poison could be found in Four Star Crates and through a mixture of plants, all to even it out.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:50 pm »

> I just wish I could figure out how to train gunners without them becoming attached to air rifles.
I just don't have a problem with them becoming attached. They seem to switch to pistols and rifles just fine in my games. My way of training gunners is giving them barracks on the surface and close to my entrance, so they train defensive skills while shooting random radscorpions. Works quite well, but they need to go underground when there are radiation storms nearby.

> Thank you. The SMG would be just that, a small calibre gun, though I could make one attachable to battle saddles.
No. You can make a gun (that is really a crossbow) that will shoot small calibre bullets, but there is no way to tell it to shoot them fast, so you'd end up with just another pistol and there really isn't a point in calling it an SMG. OR you can have an item (a battle saddle) that gives you a syndrome allowing to do a material emission (small calibre bullet) once per turn. This is how miniguns work in this mod. Well, I suppose you could do both and have a gun that both shoots bullets and gives you the interaction, but it would be weird. I considered proposing it for combat rifles, but decided against it.

EDIT:
> There is. Units shoot the second ammo after the first one hit. The higher the velocity, the less time passes between hits. Raising SHOOT_MAXVEL also raises the rate of fire.
Huh? As fas as I've seen, projectiles only travel one tile per TU. Another shot is not fired right after the previous one hits, but there is a wait period that depends mostly on the speed and gunnery skill of that pony and can be as high as 200 TUs. SHOOT_MAXVEL just affects a cap for velocity of the projectile for the purpose of calculating damage when it hits.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:26:45 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2432 on: April 22, 2013, 06:07:31 pm »

is no way to tell it to shoot them fast

There is. Units shoot the second ammo after the first one hit. The higher the velocity, the less time passes between hits. Raising SHOOT_MAXVEL also raises the rate of fire.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 22, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »

Apologies for the late response. Work hasn't slowed down yet and so I'm still rather busy, which is also delaying development. :(

> Talons
They are planned as a form of spawnable creature that uses the chicken mechanics to create a pasturable combat unit. The tokens needed to hire them will be sold (For a hefty fee) by slave caravans. Alternatively there could be a new mercenary depot workshop that allows you to hire them directly.

> Guns
While projectile weapons can have a sort of pseudo-rapid fire from increasing their firing velocity as well as the wielder's skill, it varies with distance and depends on skill, unlike actual rapid-fire weapons. I'm satisfied with the current conventional weapons, and it is unlikely there will be any changes to them.

Energy weapons, on the other hand, are quite possible due to Putnam's projectile expansion script. Thanks to Meph as well for his work on testing the new tags. :) Poisoned dart guns too, are planned.

Maklak: Thanks for the report, and for your work on the guide. :)

> Should I remove gas masks from ponies who want to learn spells?
No need...the syndrome is directly applied to the worker.

> Wow, without repeat the ponies are learning spells like crazy.
I'm still uncertain about this...I may introduce the previous delayed system, though this one does remove some of the necessary micro-management.

> I though arcane vapour made ponies sick, not hostile.
There's a small chance for non-unicorn ponies to go mad from exposure to magical vapors.

Zioko: The non-evaporating laser bug is known, but not much can be done about it. Restarting your game will make them evaporate, and likewise disabling fats in your food stockpile (Which you really don't need anyway) prevents them from being gathered.

> Miniguns
Miniguns use the throwing skill, which can be trained in the VR simulator with a firearms training hologem.

Treason: Nice report. :) I see you're still digging into the caverns from the get-go, with expected results.

> when informed of Morality's death, that nameless pony I'd saved flew into a fit of grief and seems to have been lost to insanity.
 :( That's actually quite interesting, though. It's rare for citizens to establish relations with non-civ sentients.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :D
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 22, 2013, 08:21:21 pm »

So what does Replace Chain do anyway? Also, how can I use Star Metal chains for my chainsaws?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 22, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »

Replace chain replaces chains on chainsaws and rippers with a weapon-metal chain nearby. Star metal doesn't qualify as weapon grade (An oversight as it's not developed yet) and so can't be used.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:43 pm »

Thats dissapointing, but thank you for the quick response.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »

Though you guys might enjoy this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

Lycaeon, if it is okay, I can work on the needle pistol. Haven't nodded RAWs in a while and feel like I could use a bit of work before my Adequate Nodded becomes (Rusty). I feel like doing it, and also want to use this new DFHack syndrome modification. And to anyone who wants to answer, should the gun be like in Fallout Canon where it uses a poison sac in the gun recipe or poison the needles themselves? I'm going to make Wood, Bone, and Metal needles, and it won't use gunpowder to fire. I would add more than one poison, but that means more ammo types and confusion. I'm thinking it will be paralysis, but maybe it could be long term stun or short term unconsciousness. The paralysis would be somewhere in the middle. But the paralysis could cause suffocation, so I'm thinking dizzyness, drowsiness and unconsciousness. The earlier two would last a bit but the third wouldn't. The dizzyness and drowsiness could last about 600 time units but the unconciousness 300, so it won't be too overpowered. If included in the gun, the poison would be from a radscorpion poison gland added to it, but if it has to be applied to ammunition, the poison could be from poison glands, plants or crates. All would have the same effect. I will adjust the syndromes time as for demand or Lycaeon's preferences. If anyone has any ideas, just tell me. Only thing I really have trouble with in coding items is the physics things like the force needed for it to warp or break, but wouldn't that just apply to the projectiles and not the gun itself? Sorry for the text wall, just got a lot to think about.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:07:32 pm by Zioko345 »

Jigglerumz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 22, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »

wtf is this

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 22, 2013, 11:03:54 pm »

wtf is this
This mod is based on Fallout Equestria, a My Little Pony fanfiction crossover between Fallout and MLP:FiM.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 22, 2013, 11:04:53 pm »

wtf is this

This, my friend, is the bastard child of pony, Fallout, and Dwarf Fortress. ... We're still trying to figure out who is the mommy and how there are two daddies.

I blame Stable-Tec.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 22, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »

wtf is this
This mod is based on Fallout Equestria, a My Little Pony fanfiction crossover between Fallout and MLP:FiM.
"Crossover" in the sense that it takes the premise of Fallout and applies it to the MLP mythos, not the kind of crossover with specific characters transferred over. (Ick.) To summarize, Equestria gets into a war with the zebras, magical nuke falls, everybody dies. Except, of course, for the fallout shelters built by the Vault-tec expy, Stable-tec.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 22, 2013, 11:10:45 pm »

Gah. I need to work more on defensive building, I never do much with fortifications and walls. Don"t you basically just build fortifications in front of walls with floors, then station snipers on said walls? I normally just have a bad*** melee army and have lots and lots of traps. And animals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:14 pm »

Just watching some old Animaniacs cartoons, when I found this little gem:
Beethoven: how can you eat lunch? You haven't even started working!
Dot: we're in a union. (Holds up card)
Yakko: You want to file grievances? Here's the paperwork. *Crash*
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 210