Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477120 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2685 on: August 13, 2014, 04:28:51 pm »

*If you embark on a freezing biome, you can stave off the rot for a while.  Due to the extreme cold, if your pony is left outside, the rot will be dramatically slowed and they will not have the miasma floating about them.  A hospital exposed to the open, above ground air may be to your benefit.  Keeping a nearby, underground well will allow you to water and bath your wounded.  You will have to deal with flying threats, though, as as soon as you turn the hospital into an indoor area, the rot will proceed.  I've had infected ponies survive for months in situations like the one described above.
Huh, that's something I've not heard before.
Learn something new every day.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

King Kravoka

« Reply #2686 on: August 16, 2014, 01:07:56 am »

Someone should take over this mod before it becomes forgotten, does anyone know what happened to Lycaeon anyway?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: August 18, 2014, 05:17:24 pm »

Someone should take over this mod before it becomes forgotten, does anyone know what happened to Lycaeon anyway?
Didn't want to/couldn't do it any more.
One of those, I forget which. You could probably dig it up easily the thread slowed down a lot after that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: August 25, 2014, 10:43:30 am »

Hello all, been a long time lurker in this forum, finally joined. This mod is awesome, it is such a pity that it is not continued anymore.

Anyway, decided to try my hand at modding, added in MED-X (Morphine) production. Opium is extracted from poppies, and is then distilled into MED-X at the Drug Lab. I plan to do the other drugs, but addiction seems hard to do.

Changes:
 - Added a new above ground plant: poppy plant that only grows in the spring
 - Added a new building: Drug Lab and two new reactions: Extract opium from poppy and Distill MED-X from opium
 - Added new item: opium
 - Chance of opium in civilian and MoM crates

This is based on the production of morphine. Sorry if this post comes off as rude or anything like that, this is the first time I have posted here. Let me know if you like the mod please?

Installing the mod

This goes into buildings_equestria.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This goes into plant_standard.txt

This goes into item_misc.txt
This goes into a new file reaction_drug_lab.txt
This goes into entity_default.txt under the stable dweller civ
This goes under the civilian and MoM crate reactions in reaction_depot.txt
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:55:15 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:55 pm »

Lycaeon wanted to add Med-X and healing potion production from Drugs.

So, poppy grows only in Spring and gives one crop per year. I'm not a fan of having cops so rarely, but it works for Masterwork. Combined with needing 3 plants and a 2-stage reaction to make Med-X this shouldn't produce an overwhelming amount of Med-X, but still enough for injectors for all the military.

Any ideas what to use for healing potions? Ginseng? Several different plants? Ground level 1 gems, a healing spell talisman [PRESERVED] and a charged battery [produces discharged]?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: August 31, 2014, 06:06:23 am »

According to the novel, healing potions were designed to hold healing magic from a unicorn. Thus, my idea of healing potion production is two stages, one to produce a potion base and the other to enchant it. Taking from Maklak's idea, ground level 1 gems could be mixed with a drink to produce a potion base, which is then enchanted with a [PRESERVED] healing spell hologem and perhaps a spark battery by a unicorn at the Arcane Terminal?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: August 31, 2014, 06:20:43 am »

> According to the novel, healing potions were designed to hold healing magic from a unicorn.
Yep, that's how it works in Project Horizon.

> Thus, my idea of healing potion production is two stages, one to produce a potion base and the other to enchant it. [...]
With gems from caravans and a reaction to "Prepare a gem for cutting 60%" gems are a renewable resource. So healing potions could be produced indefienetely, but the need for gems and a charged battery puts a serious damper on how many could be produced. It is also higher tech than Mex-X (plants are way easier to grow than batteries to charge in early game), so I think it would work out.

Come to think of it, MaS crates should have a low (1%) chance for basic spell hologems.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: September 03, 2014, 04:40:10 am »

Healing potion production, suggestions on the production process courtesy of Maklak.

Low quality is alcohol is mixed with R1 gems into clear glass vials to produce potion base vials which are then enchanted by a unicorn with the alchemy labour enabled using a healing hologem and a charged spark battery. All this happens at the Drug Lab. The reaction to enchant the healing potions produces vapour similar to the one produced by low level arcane research.
Potion base vials also have a low chance of being found in MoP crates.

Installing the mod

This goes into item_salvage.txt:
This goes into reaction_drug_lab.txt:
This goes under the stable dweller civ in entity_defaults.txt:
Add this to the OPEN_CRATE_MINISTRY_PEACE reaction in reaction depot.txt:

This assumes you have already added the MED-X crafting mod.

Also, I have an idea. MAS and MWT crates have a chance of carrying the respective textbooks, which can be studied at the Scriptorium for a chance of getting a design note or spell scroll.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:30 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of grinding low tier gems at the rock grinder into powdered gems (with separate reactions for each kind), then using that to make the potion bases. This method includes one more step, but is less of a drain on low restoration gems and gives a use for other low tier gems. I always end up with a lot of one or two kinds of low tier gems, but which one varies by my geological layers. So abundance of low restoration gems isn't a given, even with ordering them from caravans, but a use for any surplus T1 gems would be welcome.

Healing potion production already has a pretty big limiting factor of recharging the batteries (unless you luck out on power talismans).

I haven't tested them, but by the looks of it, your reactions look reasonable. Too involved to spam, especially early game, but after a few years there should be enough potions for injectors for vetaran military and potions shouldn't be a limiting factor for Power Armour anymore.

If you want to add some more reactions, I think a few pages back there were some ideas for turning plant oil into synthetic silk (nylon?) and rubber (used leather) to produce gas masks and hazmat suits. Also, plastic furniture.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 03, 2014, 06:06:14 pm »

I am very happy to see some work being done on this mod. Hopefully once enough work has been done, you can make a patch so that those of us that are not too good at modding and editing can use the new functions you are adding :)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 04, 2014, 04:34:34 am »

I was worried that a grinding reaction would be one too many steps in the process. Also, I'm not too sure if it is possible to make a powder that goes into a bag.

Only restoration gems were used since I have a feeling that other low-quality gems may be used elsewhere in the future, for example magical weapon cartridges.

As for now, I think I will stick to trying to achieve a full set of drugs from Fallout Equestria.

A couple of ideas:

Drugs (Spoilered for length)

Stable-Tec
This idea has not been fully fleshed out yet and some of the ideas may be others who have previously posted in this thread, but I'm thinking of expanding Stable-Tec to include cheap mass-produced no-quality everything. Jumpsuit extruders which provide clothing ten at a time, mass producing furniture and weapons and food processors that accept corpses and turn them into a single type extremely low-quality food. We already have concrete blocks and water fountains.

Books
As mentioned before, certain crates could contain the appropriate books (a tool, not the game object) which can be studied at the scriptorium for a chance of design notes or spell scrolls.

These are only ideas. Any comments/criticism/suggestions are welcome.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 04, 2014, 03:27:32 pm »

> I was worried that a grinding reaction would be one too many steps in the process.
Maybe it would. You could remove the potion base then, I guess.

> Also, I'm not too sure if it is possible to make a powder that goes into a bag.
Nah, just make a fake "tool", like gunpowder, potion base, etc.

> Only restoration gems were used since I have a feeling that other low-quality
> gems may be used elsewhere in the future, for example magical weapon cartridges.
I guess those could use the same powder too (I think PH mentioned energy weapon cardridges being made from powdered gems), but maybe it would make the powder too universal and take too much variaty out of the gem system whe have now.
Maybe the powder should be made at the arcane gemcrafting station rather than the rock grinder. All those reaction to make lenses and hologems could have a low chance of producing the powder as a by-product too.

I've seen an experimental mod with all kinds of crazy weapons like grenade launchers that were almost as much !fun! to your own troops as they were to the enemy. I'm far from being an expert on modding, but I think energy weapons would work about as well as the current expedition system.

How about neckaces / spell talismans (one per pony) that can grant spells or something?

> As for now, I think I will stick to trying to achieve a full set of drugs from Fallout Equestria.
I think there are simply too many. Either some would have to be consumable (which would be random with drinks and cumbersome with soldiers and workshops) or they would be tiered. You can only put 4 "socks" on a pony and we already have pipbucks, stealthbucks, healing potion and med-x autoinjectows. With more too choose from, there would be an optimal set and the rest would only be used if more availiable to fill in the holes. But then IIRC Power armour already has the effects of healing potions and autoinjectors, which frees up two slots.

> Clinic/Infirmary: Allows stable citizens to consume a drug rather than use an autoinjector.
Interesting idea, but I doubt I would have the amount of drugs to use this often. Or at all.
One thing to consider, might be some way to get a rare item that can boost one attribute by 100 or something (one time upgrades, like surgeries in Fallout) (Never expire, but you can't stack the same bonus as it checks for it's own syndrome).

> Hydra: [...] A Hydra autoinjector will have a vastly increased healing rate
> compared to a healing potion autoinjector but a Hydra consumed at the Clinic (see above)
> can heal all wounds.
Healing potion autoinjectors already max out recuperation half the time and it isn't very powerful.
A temporary transformation to heal everything would be quite overpowered, so it would have to be rarer than power talismans. For these reasons, I don't think Hydra would work in Dwarf Fortress.
> Hydras can be [TAMABLE] and [MILKEABLE] with their milk being able to be processed into Hydra. [...] 
This actually sounds ?fun?. The downside is the possibility of using tamed hydras for combat.

> Dash
We already have pipbucks with similar effect.
> Dash breathers allow the wearer to briefly have increased agility and willpower,
> [NO_PAIN], [NO_STUN], [NO_NAUSEA] and [NO_FEAR] for a very short amount of time
> while consuming it at a clinic increases the effect.
For a short effect to even be worth it, it would have to work for 100+ TUs and be activated in combat... much like pipbuck is.
> This comes at the cost of a chance of decreased willpower and focus when not on Dash.
Well... I guess, you could add a permament debuff syndrome (that doesn't stack with itself), then an equal but shorter-lasting buff to Dash to mask the effects.
> Brahmin are converted into GM Brahmin which [LAY_UNUSUAL_EGG] pile of Brahmin dung.
OK. Now I'm even less of a fan of Dash as I am of Hydra.

> Rage autoinjectors allow the wearer to have [PRONE_TO_RAGE] and maybe [CRAZED]
> for a short period of time when activated.
Nay for this one. It adds too much potential for !fun!, especially the [CRAZED] tag and [PRONE_TO_RAGE] is not that useful. It would need testing to check for possibility of loyalty cascades, berserking in the middle of a crowd and other unpleasanties.

> Buck autoinjectors briefly increase the users strength, agility, toughness and endurance when activated.
> Tubers are grown, and then crushed and Buck is extracted from the paste.
OK, this one actually sounds useful and worth it. With a process similar to Med-x, it shouldn't be over-abundant either. I like it.

> Stampede. A combination of Rage and Med-X, giving the effects of both.
> Stampede production involves mixing Rage and Med-X together.
Ah, so stampede is higher tier than rage and makes using it directly wasteful. Another reason I don't like having rage. Maybe just stick with Med-X instead.

> Mint-Als and Party Time Mint-Als Gives increased social sttributes for a short period of time,
> cannot be made into autoinjectors. Consuming them also grants the syndrome mint-al addiction,
> giving lowered analytical ability and focus when not consuming them.
That doesn't even look worth it.

> RAD-X Gives the tag [RAD_IMMUNE] for a moderate period of time, creatures with [RAD_IMMUNE]
> are [SYN_IMMUNE] to the effects of radioactive dust. RAD-X cannot be made into an auto-injector.
There are several levels of rad immunity in this mod. Maybe Rad-X should be used to boost protection of hazmat suits instead of getting consumed? Consuming is cumbersome and probably not worth it if the effect lasts for less than a season.

> Research I was thinking that some of the higher end combat drugs (Buck, Dash, Rage and Stampede)
> could require research much like the reverse engineering of combat rifles and the like.
Well, they could have recipes, like engineering has schematics.

> I'm thinking of expanding Stable-Tec to include cheap mass-produced no-quality everything.
> Jumpsuit extruders which provide clothing ten at a time, mass producing furniture and weapons
Meh, setting up production of these things is part of the fun. And I'm generally not short on them either, maybe except for furniture.
Mass-producing weapons would be too easy. And no-quality ones would be quickly replaced and melted.
> food processors that accept corpses and turn them into a single type extremely low-quality food.
Gross. Accurate in Project Horizon, but food is not a problem in DF anyway. Well, most of the time.

> As mentioned before, certain crates could contain the appropriate books
> (a tool, not the game object) which can be studied at the scriptorium for
> a chance of design notes or spell scrolls.
Sure, I'd take that. Maybe also a chance for a permament buff to some mental or social attribute.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 04, 2014, 10:04:42 pm »

> Maybe the powder should be made at the arcane gemcrafting station rather than the rock grinder. All those reaction to make lenses and hologems could have a low chance of producing the powder as a by-product too.
That is an idea.

> How about neckaces / spell talismans (one per pony) that can grant spells or something?
I thought these have already been implemented?

> I think there are simply too many. Either some would have to be consumable (which would be random with drinks and cumbersome with soldiers and workshops) or they would be tiered. [...]
To be honest, having a full set of drugs is more of being "faithful" to the story. Most people would not use them, but crazy people still might for roleplaying purposes, just because they are there. However, if adding those drugs clutters things up too much, I will not.

> One thing to consider, might be some way to get a rare item that can boost one attribute by 100 or something (one time upgrades, like surgeries in Fallout) (Never expire, but you can't stack the same bonus as it checks for it's own syndrome).
Zebra potions in Four Stars crates?

> A temporary transformation to heal everything would be quite overpowered, so it would have to be rarer than power talismans.
In the story, Hydra was kind of overpowered for exactly the same reason and was balanced out by its rarity. Perhaps it could be used to heal your legendary soldier dying of radiation poisoning?
On a side note, I am going to change the number of head a hydra has to four to fit with MLP canon.

> OK. Now I'm even less of a fan of Dash as I am of Hydra.
Erm, I do not get this, why?

> It adds too much potential for !fun!, especially the [CRAZED] tag and [PRONE_TO_RAGE] is not that useful.
I thought that [PRONE_TO_RAGE] adds combat benefits? What if the [CRAZED]  tag gets removed?

> There are several levels of rad immunity in this mod.
Hazmat suits and gas masks? How about making RAD-X available at the start for the early game when hazmat suit and gasmasks have not been found?

> Mass-producing weapons would be too easy. And no-quality ones would be quickly replaced and melted.
All of the products of the reaction would be no-quality. How about using a new material with copper sharpness and steel lightness so their effectivity for sharp and blunt weapons is decreased.

> Gross. Accurate in Project Horizon, but food is not a problem in DF anyway. Well, most of the time.
Like I said, I am trying to be accurate to the stories. Maybe also adding the Stable 2 apple orchard as a workshop?

As a side note, I remember someone adding plastics before, can I ask their permission to include it assuming I am going to release a mod patch?

I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 05, 2014, 01:28:21 am »

> > How about neckaces / spell talismans (one per pony) that can grant spells or something?
> I thought these have already been implemented?
IIRC there is one that grants "hold target still with telekinesis", but it doesn't even drop from any crates. Nor is there a reaction to make it.

> However, if adding those drugs clutters things up too much, I will not.
Up to you in the end. Mine is just one opinion. If nothing else, I think I'd welcome Buck autoinjectors and some way to regenerate a pony (resurection talismans?).

> > One thing to consider, might be some way to get a rare item that can boost one attribute by 100
> > or something (one time upgrades, like surgeries in Fallout) (Never expire, but you can't stack
> > the same bonus as it checks for it's own syndrome).
> Zebra potions in Four Stars crates?
Zebra crates were planned, but I don't know what was supposed to be in there, aside from coal.
I was thinking more along the lines of actual surgeries (like in Fallout or Fallout Nev Vegas) or maybe implants (that wouldn't be recyclable). Yeah, surgeries would have to be one per pony, so at some point I'd just use a spreadsheet and try to upgrade everypony. Implants are a limited resource, which is better.

> In the story, Hydra was kind of overpowered for exactly the same reason and was balanced out by its rarity.
Also by it being useful only a short time after suffering a wound (which is why it wouldn't work for some characters), which can't be emulated in DF.
That said, I think I'd welcome resurrection talismans or hydra as a means to heal wounded soldiers, as long as it was so rare that I only got 0-3 from all those high yield crates over a few years.

BTW, I wonder if the RAWs ported to 0.40 will result in multi-tile salvage and more of it than I know what to do with. There are probably some tokens that control how big the trees will grow.

> > OK. Now I'm even less of a fan of Dash as I am of Hydra.
> Erm, I do not get this, why?
Brahmin shit joke. Other than that, your description sounds like small benefits (but stackable with pip-buck), permamnet debuff and a weird mechanics where brahmin lay eggs. Just imagine if someone uses it for cooking.

> I thought that [PRONE_TO_RAGE] adds combat benefits? What if the [CRAZED]  tag gets removed?
Check the magmawiki, but I'm pretty sure that [CRAZED] makes a pony go berserk, so that civilians get hurt and soldiers kill the crazy pony. [CRAZED] is used on robots gone mad. [PRONE_TO_RAGE] is safer, I think and rage / maritial trance does add some combat benefits (+4 skills I think). One downside is badger-like spam of it.
Best mod in a reaction to craftpony's workshop that causes the syndrom you're testing, embark and see what it does.

> Hazmat suits and gas masks? How about making RAD-X available at the start for the early game
> when hazmat suit and gasmasks have not been found?
If consumable than I guess I'd use it for woodcutters or something. If autoinjector than it should somehow stack with hazmat suits and power armour.

> > Mass-producing weapons would be too easy.
> How about using a new material with copper sharpness and steel lightness so their
> effectivity for sharp and blunt weapons is decreased.
I don't think it is worth to add new materials for this. I personally like to embark with tin and copper ore, so either bronze or iron or maybe even copper would do.
If you want to add these things, they should be availiable as "crates" of 10 at embark at a discount and also producible at the MaW forge (but not worth it at this point). Maybe Stable-Tec and MaW crates should have a chance for them, as long as I don't end up with a stash that I don't know what to do with.

> Like I said, I am trying to be accurate to the stories.
I know. I like fluff too, but am really more of a crunch king of guy.

> Maybe also adding the Stable 2 apple orchard as a workshop?
Heh, MLP mod had "apple tree" workshops that trained kicking. It was removed in the current version. There was also an idea to have trees as shearable pets which was even more bizzare. But try it anyway.

> As a side note, I remember someone adding plastics before, can I ask their permission to
> include it assuming I am going to release a mod patch?
I think there was a discussion of plastics, nothing more. But sure, collect what pathes were scattered over the last 20 or so pages of this thread if you plan to do a release. If you want to play around with my shotgun mod, you're welcome to it, although it doesn't seem to work well.

I also recommend that you make small projcetciles from material emissions be what is now medium bullets and medium bullets more deadly. I've seen turrets trying to hurt birds and barely bruising them with repeated shots. I'm talking about material emissions from turrets, not ammunition for pistols and rifles.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 05, 2014, 02:27:08 am »

> some way to regenerate a pony (resurection talismans?)
If I remember correctly, Blackjack was healed by something that disintegrated the first time she was in the MoP hub.

> permamnet debuff and a weird mechanics where brahmin lay eggs. Just imagine if someone uses it for cooking.
I wonder how masterwork brahmin dung roasts taste like. The permanent debuff is just a nerf to the drug, I thought its effects were a bit too strong. Also, if I remember correctly, [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] will result in the creature producing an item, not an egg.

> If you want to play around with my shotgun mod, you're welcome to it, although it doesn't seem to work well.
Thank you.

Okay, I am going to complete the drugs but still kinda need suggestions for some things.
 - Rage. Production is a bit hard as it was not mentioned in either Fallout or Fallout:Equestria. The Fallout mod uses mushrooms, but I am not too keen on that.
 - Radaway. Is there a way to remove a syndrome from a creature? Otherwise, there is no way to "cure" radiation.
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 210