Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478906 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2745 on: September 20, 2014, 10:59:27 am »

I can agree with Teamwork. I'm glad to to see someone is still working on this and while I don't play the mod much anymore myself (largely due to various of DF projects and other games,) I have nosed around to keep up with what you guys have been doing.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 20, 2014, 11:29:03 am »

> Teamwork and Splint
Thanks, a big oopsies on my part, note to self: check page view figures before commenting on page views.
Since it is now confirmed there are more than two people in this thread, are there any suggestions from you? I will gladly accept them.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 20, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »

Nothing springs to mind on my end, not now anyway.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 20, 2014, 12:26:53 pm »

I exist. For the record. And I love this mod.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 20, 2014, 01:29:00 pm »

Since it seems like other people are making posts saying they're here...

I too, exist. And quite frankly, love every bit of this mod. I'd hate to see it die, it's, in my opinion, one of the best mods out there.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

> Vials
Oh, right. The glass from broken glass is green and the flasks for potions need to be clear and not every embark has sand. So yeah, under some circumstances the reactions to empty drug carnisters may come in handy.

> From what I have been hearing about DF2014, ranged weaponry has been nerfed. So bullets may or may not kill people.
Even before said DF 2014 nerf (which I'm unsure if I heard about), the firearms in this mod were pretty weak. This is my opinion and Lycaeon (and maybe Replica) said otherwise, but it was very rare for my ponies to do any serious harm even with pistols and rifles. Material emissions from robots and miniguns are also week. "Small calibre bullets" from basic turrets and ammo from bb guns can't do more than bruise a bird. Medium calibre material emissions from upgraded turrets and minigun battle saddles are weak, but the volume of fire kinda compensates for it. As for pistols, revolvers and AMRs, they can wound, but my victories were with melee weapons. Ranged were just support, even though I had quite a few of them.

You might want to look at something like ranged weapons in Underhive WH40k and upgrade weapons in this mod. I'd probably welcome the change.

Material emissions from miniguns can be made better by making their material's solid density higher.

> People.
Thanks for verbal support, but suggestions / patches / advice / comments on what you like and dont like, etc. would be more usefull. (I for one, dislike how broken the expeditions are and would like to see them removed. Although I might just as well simply not use them.)
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 20, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »

Really my only complaints have been with feral ghouls being overly numerous in places they shouldn't be all that common (I would expect to see them in evil and savage regions since those seem to be standing in for "spell impact ruins" and  "outskirts of ruins" respectively, but not jack-fuck nowhere,) and like others, with guns being weak. Last Stable I built saw little to no firearms use with a trio of machete-mares (one power armored thanks to a lucky drop from an MWT crate! :D) dealing with most threats pretty handily with just some robots for support usually.

I think I may have used a group of pistoliers and one of rifleponies as support, but on the whole aside from the AMR for armor piercing needs firearms didn't seem all that worth getting unless you happened to find some in loot or on the cheap from caravans. Of course I also didn't run into the Steel Rangers so take what I say about how useful guns in the mod are with a grain of salt.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 20, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »

I will have to chime in with the "guns are weak" crowd.

I pointed out quite a while ago that hunting is an exercise in futility in this mod.  At the time, I said it was because the wild life was just that strong (and the ghouls are friggin' everywhere) and would more than likely murder your hunters in no time flat.  I even posted the way to have your hunters switch up their weaponry to make use of the piles of rifles and medium caliber bullets you can find through scavenging to give them a little more "umph" when hunting, but that it would still be less than worth it.

Part of this is that there is just not enough worthwhile things to hunt and, yes, that the wildlife is vicious.  Welcome to the Wasteland, baby.

Further experiments and thought has shown me that, indeed, the ranged weaponry is just weak.  I have, of course, been able to take off a Steel Ranger's head with a well aimed shot from an AMR.  That was with a fairly proficient pony, though.  And there were multiple times when the bullets just shrugged off.  If you do manage to kill something with bullets, it is more often due to bleeding out from the sheer amount of lead you've filled them with, than with the damage of the weaponry its self.

All my Stables either survive by simply locking themselves away (as any good Stable should!), or relying on the un-godly power of a squad of Legendary Unicorns and their whirling clouds of death, destruction and armor.  Little Pip had no reason to be ashamed of her levitation; none of my Unicorns learn anything other than the odd healing spell.  They don't need to.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 20, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »

Yeah, using chainsaw ponies in power armour > ranged weapons. Also, I really like the mental image of chainsaw ponies in power armour, so bonus.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 20, 2014, 05:26:53 pm »

Yeah, using chainsaw ponies in power armour > ranged weapons. Also, I really like the mental image of chainsaw ponies in power armour, so bonus.

I didn't need chainsaws. :P

Of course I didn't really get to late game either...

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 20, 2014, 05:40:42 pm »

> I even posted the way to have your hunters switch up their weaponry to make use of the piles of rifles and medium caliber bullets
Ah, if I remember it was to unassign bbs from hunters and assign them medium (or small) calibre bullets and they just pick the right weapons for it.

> it is more often due to bleeding out from the sheer amount of lead you've filled them with, than with the damage of the weaponry its self.
I've had at least one enemy take a hail of bullets with multiple hits, then still have the strength to crawl away bleeding and leaving a bloody path behind. That was concentrated fire from 2+ ranged ponies with rifles. Potshots just did a few wounds and bruises.

> none of my Unicorns learn anything other than the odd healing spell.  They don't need to.
I divided my Unicorn population more or less evenly among the schools of magic. It took a spreadsheet and lots of micro-management. Of course doctors got restoration and magical CMs got everything. Anyway, it was somewhat rewarding to see bind and the like being sometimes used in combat, but all the stronger enemies were immune and anything not immune died pretty quickly anyway with the kind of army I had by the time I had spell hologems.

But yeah, Unicron Shield wall FTW. Maybe having shields in the game is a bit much, but I hapily abuse that mechanic.

> Also, I really like the mental image of chainsaw ponies in power armour, so bonus.
I don't. There was that case of SRs using tools to cut through Littlepip's stable doors, but I dislike melee weapons in anything that has modern (or futuristic) firearms save maybe DUNE. I think ranged weapons should pretty much dominate the battlefield, if availiable.

As for chainsaws: IRL they look scary and can rend flesh and bone, but they get dulled easily against anything metal, like nails or tree spikes (to the point where tree spiking is an actual way to sabotage wood cutting). So a chainsaw would be pretty useless against anything like a car or someone in full metal armour. And they're damn unwieldy too. (One of my pet peeves with WH40k is why they don't make armour ouf of the same seemingly indestructible stuff they use for chainswors, so that they're at least immune to their own weapons, but I have a lot of pet peeves with WH40k)
But then FoE is a game and having rippers and chainsaws is OK, I'm just not enthusiastic about it.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 21, 2014, 12:56:07 am »

Wow, apparently there were more people than I realise.

Anyways, any comments on the values for [VALUES] for the different entities? Also, should raiders get [ABUSE_BODIES], making them put corpses on spikes etc?

Once this mod is updated to .40 with DFHack, I will see how weak firearms are and perhaps upgrade them.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:37 am »

I will see how weak firearms are and perhaps upgrade them.

No perhaps. They need to be buffed to make it worth using them over rippers and crowbars.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 21, 2014, 01:43:27 am »

> Also, should raiders get [ABUSE_BODIES], making them put corpses on spikes etc?
Unless you're modding in stuff for the adventure mode, I don't suppose it matters. But yeah, I think so. Especially the crazed ones.

Speaking of ranged weapons, I dislike how pathethic the bb guns are. The ammo is very cheap and they're OK for training and most Fallout games had them, but meh. Workshops can make air rifles that are better than this, but even so, it isn't easier than making actual firearms. In-crunch you can fix your own hunters, but caravan guards will still use bb guns and get murdered. So meh.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 21, 2014, 02:00:42 am »

Since no one is commenting on the [VALUES] for entities, I will add them as I had listed previously.

> No perhaps. They need to be buffed to make it worth using them over rippers and crowbars.
Upgrade = buffed

Anyways, I will work on buffing firearms once this mod is in .40. The next two things in the list are the tough ones, creatures and trees.
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 210