Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477944 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2760 on: September 21, 2014, 02:07:54 am »

It was the "perhaps" I took exception to, not upgrade.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:28 am »

> It was the "perhaps" I took exception to, not upgrade
Oh, the perhaps was because I had been meaning to do cybernetics after drugs.

Anyhows, entities have been updated. Time to move on to creatures. As far as I can tell, the new things about creatures is the replacement of [SPEED] with gaits and the addition of [LOW_LIGHT_VISION] and [ODOR]. If I remember correctly, there are also secretions, ie sweat and tears.
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:18 am »

I too would like to voice my support for the work you are doing on this mod. I think you are doing a great job and I look at this tread daily to keep up on your work. This mod is what keeps me playing DF. I really do hope you will be able to port it over to DF 40.x but an upgraded 34.11 would work too.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: September 21, 2014, 05:48:10 am »

Hehe thanks. What do you mean by an upgraded 0.34.11?

Anyways, forgot to ask this, but is there any feedback on the drugs add-on?
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 21, 2014, 06:24:09 am »

Hehe thanks. What do you mean by an upgraded 0.34.11?

Anyways, forgot to ask this, but is there any feedback on the drugs add-on?

When I said an upgraded 034.11 i meant a patch for the latest version of FO:E v0.30c that patches in the things you and Maklak have worked on for the last few weeks. So in another word it would be for you to make FO:E v0.31 or so. As Maklak said earlier the best would be to convert this mod for DF 40.x but I expect that would take a lot more work than updating the current version. That said, for this mod to survive it would require a move over to DF 40.x sooner or later.

As for the drugs add-on I haven't tried it yet, but if there is a patch I'll surely give it a go.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: September 21, 2014, 08:16:20 am »

> Maklak have worked on for the last few weeks.
Specifiaclly Snail555 worked on it and I did what I do best: criticize.

> As for the drugs add-on I haven't tried it yet, but if there is a patch I'll surely give it a go.
Already posted by Snail555: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg5672959#msg5672959
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 21, 2014, 10:28:09 am »

> Specifiaclly Snail555 worked on it and I did what I do best: criticize.
Thanks, but your criticism is still a big help.

Depending on how you look at it, porting is almost halfway done. So far, to make the mod work in .40, only the raws for creatures and trees are left to be changed. Taking full advantage of the new features is a different matter.
That said, trees are gonna be a pretty large overhaul since they are now multi-tile monstrosities as opposed to single tile scrap heaps. The idea that is running now is to change scraps heaps to buildings, for example "gutted bunker". Any comments on this? If you can think of an another way to make use of multi-tile trees, posting it here is greatly appreciated. Also, if we go through on the buildings idea, what names should the buildings be?

I do stuff, I guess

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 21, 2014, 11:05:13 am »

> Specifiaclly Snail555 worked on it and I did what I do best: criticize.
Thanks, but your criticism is still a big help.

Depending on how you look at it, porting is almost halfway done. So far, to make the mod work in .40, only the raws for creatures and trees are left to be changed. Taking full advantage of the new features is a different matter.
That said, trees are gonna be a pretty large overhaul since they are now multi-tile monstrosities as opposed to single tile scrap heaps. The idea that is running now is to change scraps heaps to buildings, for example "gutted bunker". Any comments on this? If you can think of an another way to make use of multi-tile trees, posting it here is greatly appreciated. Also, if we go through on the buildings idea, what names should the buildings be?

"Gutted Bunker"
"Decaying Tower"
"Shattered chariot"
"Ruined Museum"

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 21, 2014, 11:42:50 am »

Collapsed office, derelict house -> low quality.
Burned clinic
Old school
crashed skywagon
crashed vertibuck
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 22, 2014, 08:26:42 am »

Did a tad bit of counting, there are 8 types of high quality salvage for evil areas, 6 types of medium quality salvage for savage areas, 7 types of high quality salvage for savage areas, 6 types each of low and medium salvage for normal areas and 1 soda vendor/destroyed terminal/disabled terminal for savage and evil regions.
In the caverns, there are 5 types of low quality salvage, 6 types of high quality salvage and 5 types of medium quality salvage, in addition to 1 type of soda vendor/destroyed terminal/disabled terminal.
Total = 52
That is a lot of names.

Also, I have a boatload of tests and homework this week, so please don't expect too much from me.
I do stuff, I guess

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 22, 2014, 02:06:04 pm »

It seems strange to have entire buildings to, after they were removed, reappear a short while later. Though, I don't really know another substitute for for scrap gathering other than to have it (the scrap) be an ore found in shallow ground. If it were possible for a tree to be cut down and then not reappear, or just take a really long time, then I'd be fine with it.
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: September 23, 2014, 05:54:38 am »

> It seems strange to have entire buildings to, after they were removed, reappear a short while later.
Hoofington. :)

> other than to have it (the scrap) be an ore found in shallow ground.
An alternative would be to have clusters of salvage found inside concrete, simulating buried buildings. Why not have both? A decreased frequency of salvage aboveground with clusters of salvage found underground for those whose surface is too dangerous to venture.
The only thing is that unless salvage is found in small clusters like aluminium or platinum, not every tile will produce a stone.

> or just take a really long time, then I'd be fine with it.
If I remember correctly, trees now take 3-5 years to grow.

Anyways, is it okay if the names of the types of salvage overlap, that is for example low quality salvage above and below ground have the same names? That would make stuff a whole lot easier.
As a side note, how are these names? abandoned relay station: disabled terminal logs; gutted relay station: destroyed terminal logs.
I have no idea what kind of building will drop soda. Soda dispensary?

EDIT: Tentative raws for new terminals/relay station:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:49:13 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:12 pm »

Don't the caverns fill the role of buried cities and buildings last I checked? As for clusters of salvage inside concrete, not all salvage tiles producing stone could be explained away as the minerponies accidentally breaking them by not exercising enough caution in excavating them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 24, 2014, 08:22:11 am »

> Don't the caverns fill the role of buried cities and buildings last I checked?
They do, I was thinking salvage in soil layers represents more recently buried ruins.

> As for clusters of salvage inside concrete, not all salvage tiles producing stone could be explained away as the minerponies accidentally breaking them by not exercising enough caution in excavating them.
Nice explanation.

Anyways, underground salvage is just an idea. I will be sticking with converting aboveground "tree" salvage for the time being. And just asking, what happens if an above ground tree has no roots defined?

As a side note, terminals (relay stations) have been completed.

EDIT: Almost forgot to ask, has anyone played the add-on for drugs yet? I am looking forward to feedback.

EDIT EDIT: A new file has been uploaded for the drugs add-on, fixing some stuff I neglected to check for before uploading.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:58:19 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 24, 2014, 11:46:31 am »

> Anyways, is it okay if the names of the types of salvage overlap,
> that is for example low quality salvage above and below ground have the same names?
Sure.

> I have no idea what kind of building will drop soda. Soda dispensary?
Convenient / groocery store. Derailed civilian wagon.

> Anyways, underground salvage is just an idea.
I think I prefer trees.

> And just asking, what happens if an above ground tree has no roots defined?
Unknown, but if this stuff is assumed to be partially buried, roots shouldn't be a proemel either way.

> Almost forgot to ask, has anyone played the add-on for drugs yet?
Sorry, but no.

> A new file has been uploaded for the drugs add-on,
> fixing some stuff I neglected to check for before uploading.
I think you should have posted a link.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 210