Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478447 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2775 on: September 24, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »

> Convenient / groocery store. Derailed civilian wagon.
Thanks.

> I think you should have posted a link.
Oops sorry, thought posting a link at the post where I posted the add-on will be enough. Here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9780
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 25, 2014, 09:51:53 am »

A small update on progress.
So far, I have managed to complete the disabled terminals, destroyed terminals and soda vendors. These are now called abandoned relay stations, gutted relay stations and soda stores respectively. In addition, I am also halfway through low quality salvage, these three are now called scrap pile, collapsed office and derelict house.

Now, I am kinda in need of your help in coming up with names for the remaining salvage. So far, there are 3 remaining types of low-quality salvage, 6 types of medium-quality salvage, 8 types of high quality salvage. These are with overlap. I was thinking that maybe one type of high quality salvage could be called "Ministry building" or something?

Also, the drop rates for salvage at the salvage yard or the frequency of the salvage trees  have not been tweaked. Do you think it is necessary to do so? As compared to a similar area in .34, I think .40 would have fewer trees, since the multi-tile trees take up more space than the single tile ones, is that so?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 25, 2014, 11:29:22 am »

> I was thinking that maybe one type of high quality salvage could be called "Ministry building" or something?
Or maybe an old / derelic bunker / cache

> Also, the drop rates for salvage at the salvage yard or the frequency of the salvage trees  have not been tweaked.
> Do you think it is necessary to do so?
Most liekly.

> As compared to a similar area in .34, I think .40 would have fewer trees, since the multi-tile trees take up
> more space than the single tile ones, is that so?
Fewer trees maybe, but they produce multiple logs and the overal amount of wood has increased.

> Now, it's just an idea, [...]
It is possible to have more kinds of salvage and tie them to various trees, but I imagine it would bloat the salvage yard reactions.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:50:54 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:23 am »

Now, I am kinda in need of your help in coming up with names for the remaining salvage. So far, there are 3 remaining types of low-quality salvage, 6 types of medium-quality salvage, 8 types of high quality salvage. These are with overlap. I was thinking that maybe one type of high quality salvage could be called "Ministry building" or something?
Perhaps "Derelict Tank", or "Ministry of xxxx Transport Freight" for some of the high/medium quality scrap.

A small update on progress.
Also, the drop rates for salvage at the salvage yard or the frequency of the salvage trees  have not been tweaked. Do you think it is necessary to do so? As compared to a similar area in .34, I think .40 would have fewer trees, since the multi-tile trees take up more space than the single tile ones, is that so?
Yeah, the frequency for both should definitely be turned down a bit.

Now, it's just an idea, but is it possible to have salvage tree drop logs that were actually related to what they came from (e.x "abandoned relay station" being salvaged into "abandoned relay station parts" rather than a generic "high quality salvage")? With this it would be possible to have salvaging operations to consistently produce materials and crates that were directly related to what they came from. I would imagine that the jobs at the salvaging yard would have a similar function to how plant-processing jobs work where one job function (such as process plants) serves to spit out a variety of specific outputs that depend on the input work item.
Though I think that might end up with having normal tree logs being processed by the scrapyard and it would add a lot of typing to the raws.
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 25, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »

Now, it's just an idea, but is it possible to have salvage tree drop logs that were actually related to what they came from (e.x "abandoned relay station" being salvaged into "abandoned relay station parts" rather than a generic "high quality salvage")? With this it would be possible to have salvaging operations to consistently produce materials and crates that were directly related to what they came from. I would imagine that the jobs at the salvaging yard would have a similar function to how plant-processing jobs work where one job function (such as process plants) serves to spit out a variety of specific outputs that depend on the input work item.
Though I think that might end up with having normal tree logs being processed by the scrapyard and it would add a lot of typing to the raws.

Pretty sure the process plants reaction is hard coded and can't be duplicated, at least not without DFhack shenigans. If it CAN be done, then by all means do it. Best way IMO would be to split generic high quality salvage into different types for the different Ministries and a few other categories, while leaving low and medium quality salvage mostly generic. Or you could make the processing of salvage automatic[If it isn't already] and add a bajillian different types of salvage and reactions[Under the non-salvage processing ones in the salvage yard, of course]. Why complain about all the reactions the salvage yard has if you don't have to select them manually at all? Unless it causes lag when selected or something, in which case that might not be the best idea.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:16:22 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 25, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

> Pretty sure the process plants reaction is hard coded and can't be duplicated
Sigh. No. Look at the RAWs. All the false trees have things like [REACTION_CLASS:SALVAGE_MEDIUM], then the salvage yard has reactions that expect these classes, like so: [REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SALVAGE_LOW]. It is easy to have more of them, but I'm unsure if that would be a good thing.

> Or you could make the processing of salvage automatic
There are some downsides to automatic reactions: wealth bloat, poniec carrying heavy stuff the long way before I set up a stockpile with wheelbarrows and link it, conflicts between salvage yards (an I did use more than one for other reactions than salvage. Lack of control over when and what you're salvaging (such as when embarking with 10 high quality salvage, but keeping it for a bit later)... all kinds of things, really.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:01 am »

> Or maybe an old / derelic bunker / cache
> Perhaps "Derelict Tank", or "Ministry of xxxx Transport Freight" for some of the high/medium quality scrap.
Thanks.

> Now, it's just an idea, [...]
I would like to stick to Lycaeon's system as much as possible.
But it can be done. Unless one is doing a big salvaging then processing operation, too many reactions should not be a problem as reactions with available reagents will appear on top of reactions without available reagents.

> It is easy to have more of them, but I'm unsure if that would be a good thing.
Agreed. I think Lycaeon had grouped salvage into three types for a reason.

EDIT: Since my imagination has been brutally murdered by exam revision, I would greatly appreciate it if you can help come up with 8 different names for high quality salvage and 6 different names for medium quality salvage.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:24:41 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 29, 2014, 10:38:08 am »

Quick update. Busy week is finally over, have finally completed medium quality salvage, moving on to high quality salvage tomorrow. I am still open to suggestions for names for salvage.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:14 pm »

> I am still open to suggestions for names for salvage.
I guess you could check Deon's Wasteland mod for names of salvage. I think Lycaeon took the idea from him anyway.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:21 am »

> I guess you could check Deon's Wasteland mod for names of salvage. I think Lycaeon took the idea from him anyway.
Oops sorry too late.

Anyway, salvage updating has been done along with the other trees. However, since the other trees are just copy/paste from the .40 raws, firs and alders have been removed, along with muscle tendrils, root trees and cave vines, since these are from Deon and not vanilla.

That done, time for the creature raws. As far as I know, updating the creature raws would require replacing the [SPEED] tag with gaits along with adding [SMELL_TRIGGER] and [LOW_LIGHT_VISION] values. The attack speeds for each creature attack would also need to be added. For sentient creatures, secretions like sweat and tears and the spit interaction would also have to be added along with [PERSONALITY] tags.
Did I miss anything? Also, what are your opinions?

Come to think of it, has DFHack been updated to .40 yet?
I do stuff, I guess

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 30, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »

Come to think of it, has DFHack been updated to .40 yet?

I very much doubt it, although a fair bit of progress has probably been made.
Spooky Signature

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:39 am »

> I very much doubt it, although a fair bit of progress has probably been made.
Oh.

Started on creature raws today, birds have been completed. I am assuming only the gaits and [STANCE_CLIMBER] need to be added, please enlighten me if I am incorrect.
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 04, 2014, 12:04:45 am »

Around three quarters done with creature files, so totally not looking forward to the pony file.

Anyways, I was just wondering. Are power talismans too rare? They are used in like around 8 different buildings. I am not suggesting that their drop rate should be increased, just that is some immensely expensive reaction to produce one is feasible.
I do stuff, I guess

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 04, 2014, 12:25:05 am »

Around three quarters done with creature files, so totally not looking forward to the pony file.

Anyways, I was just wondering. Are power talismans too rare? They are used in like around 8 different buildings. I am not suggesting that their drop rate should be increased, just that is some immensely expensive reaction to produce one is feasible.

Yes, they are. To the point that my nearly invincible Stable with legendary full power armour ponies and booming industries couldn't get one after processing hundreds of units of high quality salvage throughout ~5 years. Some way to either create one at great cost or have a ~25% chance to get one from a reaction that completely consumes ~20 high quality salvage would still keep them rare, but make it possible to get them.

^Above numbers may require tweaking.
Spooky Signature

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 04, 2014, 02:22:08 am »

>  Some way to either create one at great cost or have a ~25% chance to get one from a reaction that completely consumes ~20 high quality salvage would still keep them rare, but make it possible to get them.
I was thinking along the lines of a ~100 spark batteries, some A4 gems and a U4 gem.
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210