Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472851 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2012, 04:15:25 pm »

*Coughvirusinteractionthatturnsourrobotsagainstuscough*
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2012, 04:19:25 pm »

The strongpoints of robots as a whole are the following:
- They are expendable, quick and easily replacable.
- They are resilient to damage (ie NOT FLESHY).
- They act as a force multiplier to your milita and can be tasked with protecting your fort on their own (DOGS DON'T SHOOT LASERS AND BULLETS), which puts your fleshy emotional ponies out of harms way, which in turn helps in preventing unhappiness and unnecessary deaths.
- They are easily controlled and manageable overall.

Robots are not cheap. A spritebot on embark costs ~125 points, a turret ~250, and a protectapony 1,000 points. Two female dogs and one male one cost ~45 points, and with those spare points I can get three full sets of iron security barding. The only way to replenish your stock is through trade, which means you have to have control of the surface and that you can only get about four of whatever robots you're using at once; dogs breed fairly quickly, with the first litter coming in somewhere around summer to autumn and more on the way. Dogs can also aid your military, and while they tend to be squishy they are otherwise superior to robots in terms of lethality (at least unupgraded ones). Lasers and bullets are pathetic damage-wise. You can also control dogs just as well; a 10x10 pit somewhere off to the side filled with dogs and all their spawn will keep them out of your hair until you need them.
  There's also the nice lack of broken laser bolts everywhere ;P
  And... well, you just can't be a good wastelander without a loyal hound at your side.

*cyberdogscoughcough*

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

I KNOW HOW WE CAN SOLVE THIS DISAGREEMENT!

!!CYBERDOGS!!

I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »

INDEED!
CYBERDOGS!

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »

Dammit guys, stop skipping ahead on my development list! (If you hadn't guessed by now...there are plans to have robobrains made from slave ponies as a third alternative to enslaving or rehabilitating them...and cyberdogs made from ordinary dogs...but that was supposed to be after version 1.0 dammit!)

The list is nice and orderly for a reason! >:(
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

Okay, okay, I can wait ;P
The robobrains sound like a lot of fun (inb4 robobrain fort).

EDIT:
Thank the gods! Slavers showed up! When you have only eleven ponies in your entire civilization, and when half of them are doing full-time training, it gets a bit difficult to do things in a timely manner. Not to mention the steel equipment I got off of them... slavers are by best friends ever!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:47:23 pm by Crazy Cow »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »

Dammit guys, stop skipping ahead on my development list! (If you hadn't guessed by now...there are plans to have robobrains made from slave ponies as a third alternative to enslaving or rehabilitating them...and cyberdogs made from ordinary dogs...but that was supposed to be after version 1.0 dammit!)

The list is nice and orderly for a reason! >:(

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »

I currantly got a Mr. Macintosh working.... Crazy Cow, I think you would like one. There basicly mobile short-ranged flamethrowers with a longer-ranged attack that can actualy do damage to invaders. There not half bad at close range, either.

Also, first slavers selling slaves, next the ability to cyberize ponies? Praise Red Eye! :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

On a completely unrelated note, I have three gameplay questions that I couldn't really find out myself:
1)Does cave adaptation effect ponies more severely, or does it still only accumulate to vomiting fits?
2)Can ponies go without clothes, or will they eventually gain enough bad thoughts from being "nude" that it will become a problem down the line, like with normal dorfs?
3)Does the philosopher garden's other two uses (observe surroundings/debate with yourself) have any use? I know that meditate really helps calm my tantrum-ers, but what do the others do, if anything?

I might get more questions later on, seeing as this is my first fort with this mod that actually made it past the first two years (those damn black radscorpions!).
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »

1) Ponies don't have cave adaptation.
2) They can't go without clothes, they need shoes and a shirt.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

Also, it seems that armor counts as clothing. I don't remember if this is Toady's doing or Lycaeon's ;P

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2012, 06:49:06 pm »

Observation of surroundings increases observation skill, while debating increases judging intent skill.

And the armor counting as clothing is vanilla DF...many of my changes to armor are either cosmetic or strength adjustments.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »

I am calling it a day.
My badass champion and slayer of 14 Black Radscorpions was just killed by a Bighorner.
Just like that. One kick to the head.

I don't facepalm very often, but I don't even...

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

Ouch...that's unlucky. :( Bighorners are essentially large mutated goats...so they're not too bad in fights. I've had a few embarks in which the starting two took down several ghouls by themselves.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »

The first suit of star metal armor has been manufactured. My one mud pony soldier has it for now; he's got himself a flamer, and seeing as I've never used one before this is going to be a bit of an experiment. I just need to get around to getting him some boots until he's fully armed and armored.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 210