Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477916 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2880 on: October 19, 2014, 12:28:16 pm »

Do you have any burrows active? If so, remove them. Burrows + Custom reactions = Bugs galore.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: October 19, 2014, 12:56:23 pm »

Do you have any burrows active? If so, remove them. Burrows + Custom reactions = Bugs galore.

Nope, no active burrows. I do have a burrow to make sure everyone rushes inside, but nobody's assigned to it.

EDIT: After deleting the burrow all of those options suddenly became available, thanks!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:58:56 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: October 19, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »

Nope, no active burrows. I do have a burrow to make sure everyone rushes inside, but nobody's assigned to it.

Sorry, imprecise wording. Even burrows like that can still cause problems. Try deleting it and see if that helps.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: October 19, 2014, 01:04:57 pm »

Try moving the items closer. I have similar problems in other mods if materials are considered "too far away."

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:54 pm »

My problems with reactions were usually from workshops being linked to stockpile of some, but not all, materials. I think there should be an option of "take from links first" in addition to "take from anywhwere" and "take from links only".
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 20, 2014, 04:05:30 am »

Okay, while I am sorting out DFHack, if you are playing the .40 version, have you encountered any bugs/crashes yet?
I do stuff, I guess

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 20, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »

Whenever I find this, so hilarious...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know that laser bolts aren't supposed to exist after they're shot but sometimes, if they miss, they tend to just... stay there... for a while :P And this one has water on it, who's ever heard of a water-covered laser bolt, seriously?

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 20, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »

Odd question, but would "Text Will Be  Text" (I think that's what it's called...) allow this mod to have proper pony tiles?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:29 am »

> who's ever heard of a water-covered laser bolt, seriously?
Magic. :P

> Odd question, but would "Text Will Be  Text" (I think that's what it's called...) allow this mod to have proper pony tiles?
I don't really know, haven't looked into tilesets yet. Right now the priority is implementing DFHack to allow majority of features to work and trying to rectify any crashes/error thingies that may occur. While we are at it, has anyone apart from Destyvirago downloaded and played the .40 version yet?

Oh yes, in another mod, called The Earth Strikes Back, there is a custom script to spawn a creature when a stone is mined:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think this can be modified to spawn a creature from a workshop reaction inside of using chickens. Since I am only a competent programmer at best, this may or may not be true, do you think it's possible to do so?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:58:12 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: October 21, 2014, 05:06:18 am »

I've encountered a few crashes immediately after arriving at an embark site, and the occasional mid-game one, but I can't reliably reproduce either.
Slaves seem to be impossible to free/permaslave.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 21, 2014, 06:07:19 am »

> Slaves seem to be impossible to free/permaslave.
The reaction that does that requires DFHack, which the .40 version does not yet have.

I also get some crashes in adventure mode, can't reliably reproduce it either. So far, the only crash that has been reliable and I've been able to fix is a divide by 0 in the raws.
Does anyone else get these crashes?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:26 pm »

Yeah, laser and plasma bolts tend to stick around. I had the same problem with pellets when I tried to add shotgun battle saddles.

> Text will be Text: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.0
I think the problem is lack of sprites themselves rather than anything else. And I'm fine with having backgrounds and items as graphics and cratures as symbols.

> custom script to spawn a creature when a stone is mined
> I think this can be modified to spawn a creature from a workshop reaction inside of using chickens.
It seems like he did the hard parts and you'd have to connect reaction to calling SpawnUnit(..). It would be best, if you asked him about spawning from reactions. I'm sure quite a few people could use that.

> Crashes
Heh, trouble is, on this computer, I wouldn't know if it was DF's fault. The Browser crashes quite often, for example.

Oh, you're doing adventure mode too?
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 21, 2014, 09:56:51 pm »

> It seems like he did the hard parts and you'd have to connect reaction to calling SpawnUnit(..). It would be best, if you asked him about spawning from reactions. I'm sure quite a few people could use that.
Okay, I will once the rest of DFHack-related stuff is done.

> Oh, you're doing adventure mode too?
Yep, after the Ministry of Peace/Morale arc is completed.

Looking through some of the interactions, there are syndromes that give interactions that give syndromes. Why can't thee syndrome be directly applied?

Also, my year-end exams start tomorrow, so I may actually need to start studying for them. Please do not expect much from me for the next week or so.

And just for the record, what I intend to do with cybernetics:
- Surgery Table:
 > The name is variable. Basically, a one tile workshop that is built with a table meant to be easily constructed in the middle of a hospital. Reactions that are intended for doing things to ponies too injured to do it themselves will be located here. On that note, "Consume Hydra" will be modified to "Administer Hydra" and moved here.
- Medical Cybernetics (Prosthetics?)
 > Found with a ~4% chance in MoP crates. Used in a reaction along with a spark battery at the Surgery Table (see above) to completely heal a pony similar to the "Administer Hydra" reaction. I think there should be a downside to doing so, but cannot think of any that make sense.
- Project Steelpony crates
 > Right now, I am kinda divided on whether to add them. Adding them will also require the addition of OIA crates along with the other Project crates, since Project Steelpony crates on their own will be rather strange, but the other Projects will have to be fleshed out later. On the other hand, limiting cybernetics to MoP crates will keep things simple, at the cost of realism.
 > If added, Steelpony crates will contain: spark batteries (90%), coiled wiring (90%), neural interface talismans (75%), implants (see below) (50%), Project Steelpony processing matrix (45%). Keep in mind these crates already have a fairly low drop rate.
- Cybernetics Lab
 > A building requiring a MoP/Steelpony terminal, chair, mechanisms and a kinetic talisman. All reactions affecting healthy ponies, for example installing implants, occur here. For simplicity's sake, rather than realism's, the pony doing the reaction is affected by the change.
- Implants
 > Can be found in either MoP or Steelpony crates depending on the above. Implants add a tag to the pony who has it installed, for example synthetic lungs adding [NOBREATHE]. The list of implants is variable and I am open to any suggestions, along with downsides. Ponies can only have one implant installed and will blink a '+' symbol like in earlier versions with pipbucks. Listed are the implants I plan to add:
 > Synthetic lungs: Add [NOBREATHE] and radiation immunity (most of the radiation is absorbed through the airways).
 > Dermal armour: Reduces force of blows akin to Unity shields, to a lesser extent. Suggestion courtesy of Maklak.
 > Cybernetic Eyes: Gives [EXTRAVISION] and glow tile ", because it looks cool.
- Steelpony
 > Collect enough implants and you can assemble a Steelpony upgrade at the Cybernetics Lab with some neural interface talismans, coiled wiring, sensor modules, robot motors and a couple other stuff. This allows one to upgrade a pony into a cyberpony, which has a lot of tags, including [NOTHOUGHT], and improved military skill rates at the cost of civilian ones. Right now, after hearing Splint, I am in favour of making cyberponies an extremely rare caste rather a separate creature.
- Production
 > Before the Last Day, cybernetics were a relatively recent technology. As such, I think schematics should be as common as the cybernetics themselves since they will be distributed to allow more localised places to start manufacturing them. Cybernetics can then be manufactured at the Cybernetics Production Lab, another building requiring at least a power talisman and terminal, from steel, sensor modules, robot modules, neural interface talismans and coiled wiring.
Please comment on these ideas.
As a side note, I think that each crate should have an end-game industry to aspire to. For MWT crates, we have power armour production, MOM has interrogation/intel and expeditions, Robronco has robotics, MoP would have cybernetics, MAS already has spells and its arc has not even been started yet. The rest have not been fully fleshed out yet.

And reading the page with Lycaeon's development list, creatures with natural skill do labours. So how about giving blanks/slaves or foals with certain CMs natural skill in certain logical areas, like fishing?

And forgive me for being ambitious/arrogant/proud/synonyms, but do you think we can/should submit this to EQD/EQG once the MoA/MAS arcs are done or earlier?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:53:21 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 22, 2014, 01:58:07 pm »

That looks like many new workshops. Maybe too many.

I think Hydra should have 2 reactons: "Consume Hydra" (self) and "Administer Hydra" (other). That way I can order a wounded pony to take it herself and not bother with another pony, but get an option to rescue a severely wounded pony too.

> Looking through some of the interactions, there are syndromes that give interactions that give syndromes.
> Why can't thee syndrome be directly applied?
I don't know enough, but a lot of it seems to have something to do with either cooldowns or propagations. For things like "Sterilise self" I have no idea. Presumably it was the way to do it.

> Steelpony
I think you should either drop it or put it off.

> Implant list
Check Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Deus Ex and Warhammer 40h for some ideas.
Maybe a cortex implant that boosts mental stats, but messes up social stats and things like empathy?
Maybe something that gives NATURAL_SKILL, but you can only choose one of a few?

> Before the Last Day, cybernetics were a relatively recent technology.
> As such, I think schematics should be as common as the cybernetics themselves
They were bleeding edge and experimental. Red Eye's Stable continued the research and Professor Zodiac got shut down. PH even had around 40 stasis pods waiting for implants or other cure. I think schematics would be way rarer than any implants, which would already be quite rare.

> Cybernetics Production Lab
Another workshop. Oh well.

> So how about giving blanks/slaves or foals with certain CMs natural skill in certain logical areas, like fishing?
I think foals weren't given NATURAL_SKILL, just a high learning rate, for the very reason that they would start doing jobs without much control over them.

Slaves, I'm not sure.
Fishing, Hunting or Beekeeping shouldn't be given to anypony without a deathwish.
If you want to give slaves NATURAL_SKILL, consider jobs where skill level doesn't affect quality, like:
Animal care, Small animal dissection, Butchery, Tanning, Soap making, Wood burning, Potash making, Lye making, Milling, Plant processing, Cheese making, Milking, Shearing, Spinning, Pressing, Fish cleaning, Fish dissection, Furnace operating, Strand extraction, Glazing. Those are the "dirty" jobs anyway.

> And forgive me for being ambitious/arrogant/proud/synonyms, but do you think we can/should
> submit this to EQD/EQG once the MoA/MAS arcs are done or earlier?
I tried EQG several times and they ignored me and kept an old link to a 31.25 pony mod instead. I haven't treid EQD. In either case, wait until you have something that works reasonably well and a reason to start a new thread.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 22, 2014, 07:06:46 pm »

> That looks like many new workshops. Maybe too many.
3 new workshops is too many?

> I don't know enough, but a lot of it seems to have something to do with either cooldowns or propagations. For things like "Sterilise self" I have no idea. Presumably it was the way to do it.
I meant things like workshop syndromes. For example, the Stasis Bay gives a syndrome that gives an interaction that turns one's self into a stasis pod.

> Maybe something that gives NATURAL_SKILL, but you can only choose one of a few?
What kind of thing would give one NATURAL_SKILL in something apart from swimming?

> I think schematics would be way rarer than any implants, which would already be quite rare.
Good point.
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 210