Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478107 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3015 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:15 am »

>New thread
Yeah mods delete this!!!
Please don't yet. We still need to wait for item-trigger to be fixed and there are a ton of guides and stuff in here I am too lazy to copy over and will just link to.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 26, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

> > Salvage is the main source of metal for the militia.
> Some mods have metal-grade wood to help elves out a bit. Hoe thematic do you think a smeltable wood will be?
I think it would be better to have hardwood / ironwood / chitin / crystal armour and weapons, similar to how wooden, bone and obsidian arms and armour work in normal DF. Smelting wood would be way weirder in-fluff than just carving, reshaping or transmuting it into shape.

> Use the standard glowing ghoul strategy. [...]
Ah, that explains it. My standard strategy is zerg rush... Except the soldiers are always busy sleeping, requipping or whatever, which results in them going in and dying one by one.

Wasteland mod had a file for adventure mode reactions and they included making arms and armour at workshops and opening crates. I didn't play adventure mode, and from the RAWs I don't understand how getting basic materials in the first place actually worked. So my advice is see what Deon does and do what you want based on that.

> Update: Peace and Love
Nice flavour text.

Lucklilly deleting threads isn't standard policy on this forum. Besides, it has too much history to let it go.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 26, 2014, 09:00:53 pm »

> I think it would be better to have hardwood / ironwood / chitin / crystal armour and weapons, similar to how wooden, bone and obsidian arms and armour work in normal DF.
That would mean extra reactions, though. And where to place them? The Craftspony's Workshop or the Carpenters? Or would a new workshop be necessary?

> My standard strategy is zerg rush...
I remember reading from somewhere in this thread that the best way to deal with glowing ghouls is to first send in something expendable like a dog. The glowing ghoul would then use all its radbursts on the dog and have to undergo a long recharge and will be as vulnerable as a regular ghoul.
Anyway, the changeling interactions would only be able to target one per time, so unless you are facing a group of them, zerg rushing may work.

> So my advice is see what Deon does and do what you want based on that.
I read his raws and they did not make a mention of gathering salvage.

> Lucklilly deleting threads isn't standard policy on this forum. Besides, it has too much history to let it go.
Yay. And the urge to reference is to strong...

Anyway, so far for the Everfree forest I can only think of three creatures to add: Killing Joke, Timberwolves and Cockatrices. Any ideas for other things to add?

EDIT: Playing Adventurer Mode/Fortress Mode has alerted me to some bugs that have been fixed in the next version. Namely, the tissue that gives Stable Ponies steel left lower forelegs lacks some tags and thus is rather susceptible to being severing. Also, the cybernetic box opening reaction is free because, again, missing tags. Note to self: Play test a round before releasing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:14:14 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 28, 2014, 06:54:14 am »

ASCII and Phoebus.

Finally! The Update where you can now prance around the balefire-scorched post-apocalyptic wastelands in socks! In addition to other less important stuff like being able to refurbish weaponry and not starve to death in the middle of a grove of barrel cacti. But, yeah, socks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:48:25 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:10 am »

I never keep my word do I? I'm supposed to give all of you a nice big update with full functionality but no, I am still trying to sort out item-trigger crashing with expwnent, who is being totally awesome. I'm also play-testing and collecting/fixing bugs/fixes. So far, it has been mostly typos in stuff, but there are still some things I am considering. Comments, feedback and suggestions welcome.

First, the Hydroponics Farm requires both a power and water talisman, two very rare resources, yet gives a pitiful yield of synth-reeds in return. Here, I can think of two ways to fix this, the first is to give a guaranteed base yield of 5 or so plants, then have additional yields with progressively lower chances. The second is to allow the Hydroponics Farm to support all crops, including aboveground ones, allowing you to plant underground for a high cost. Alternatively, the Hydroponics Farm can be made to require spark batteries instead of a power talisman.

Secondly, power talismans are required for a lot of buildings yet are extremely rare. So I am suggesting that there be a reaction to produce at something like the MAS Talisman Forge. Although in-crunch it would make sense to not require reverse-engineering since it is rare enough already, but in-fluff it will not make any sense whatsoever. In this case though, crunch wins fluff. I'm thinking of a reaction requiring a U4 gem/prismatic hologem and a couple of spark batteries.

And one last thing, shouldn't aluminium be less valuable than vanilla? This is a post-industrial society which had easy ways to smelt bauxite.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 04, 2014, 02:08:20 pm »

> Hydroponic Farm.
I think, it wansn't meant to be efficient. Besides, I prefer normal farms anyway, so I don't care much. 

> I'm thinking of a reaction requiring a U4 gem/prismatic hologem and a couple of spark batteries.
Make that between 20 and 50 batteries and about 5-10 coils of wire.
Batteries should be consumed rather than discharged, because the way I see it, we're not making a true power talisman, just jurry-rigging a generator out of batteries. And you need a lot of truck batteries to have enough Ah to last you a while.

> And one last thing, shouldn't aluminium be less valuable than vanilla? This is a post-industrial society which had easy ways to smelt bauxite.
In vanilla they don't have electrolysis yet, so bauxite doesn't work and they just have rare bits of native aluminium, so it is as it should be. In FoE aluminum should be fairly cheap.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 04, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

Well, when I play I usually have bad luck finding power talismans, so I often feel a bit limited due to not finding them and therefor being unable to build the required workshops.  A way to make power talismans is something I welcome. I think 20 spark batteries should be enough for 1 talisman.

As for the Hydroponics Farm I have no problem with them being effective. I can imagine that stables would rely on them for food as they didn't have the ability to work the ground outside when locked down. Given the amount of resources used to make one they should be good, after all, building a normal farm plot is free.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: December 08, 2014, 06:14:41 am »

The fixes have been complete among other things, including the ability to make a knife out of the horns of your fallen enemies for whatever reason. However, unfortunately I have still been unable to get item-trigger to work without crashing and it seems I will be unable to do so soon seeing as I am going on a trip. So, at this point, I am asking would you rather wait for item-trigger or have a release now before Christmas with the fixes and new reactions?

Also, so far the only creatures for the Everfree have been Timberwolves and Poison joke. Do you have any other ideas?
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:34 am »

The fixes have been complete among other things, including the ability to make a knife out of the horns of your fallen enemies for whatever reason. However, unfortunately I have still been unable to get item-trigger to work without crashing and it seems I will be unable to do so soon seeing as I am going on a trip. So, at this point, I am asking would you rather wait for item-trigger or have a release now before Christmas with the fixes and new reactions?

A release now before Christmas would be nice. Then hopefully you can get the item-trigger to work later.

Also, so far the only creatures for the Everfree have been Timberwolves and Poison joke. Do you have any other ideas?

Well, we also have seen; Basilisks (small chickenlike thing that turns ponys to stone), Manticores and Chimera. Some of these may already exist in DF, but they are probably different from the show creatures.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: December 08, 2014, 10:20:52 am »

> Basilisks
The way I see it would be a chicken sized/shaped animal, perhaps tamable, with a tail and wings, that has a touch range medium (quarter-half a day) recharge interaction that gives paralysis for ~half a day. The idea here is to zerg rush it. However, it would not be prone to anger/like fighting.

> Manticores.
I am going to borrow this from Dwarf Chocolate (with permission), cause I'm lazy.

> Chimera
Is the chi pronounced chi as in chinese or key? Anyway, new three-headed creature, perhaps fire-breathing/fireball throwing? The sad part about the Everfree is that it is not irradiated, so you cannot have twist abominations of nature.

And I was thinking, evil/savage areas give you higher quality salvage, normal areas give you more peace, so how about good areas? The only benefit I can think of is food that literally grows on trees - apples. But that seems a little weak with how rampant wild shrubs are, another way is to also reduce the frequency of all plants.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: December 08, 2014, 10:40:08 am »

Manticores aren't exactly "normal" in the traditional sense either (being lions with bits from other creatures and all,) that is native to the Everfree, as are (obviously smaller than DF megabeast) hydras, basilisks which some would also consider unusual even for post-magitek nuclear disaster, and water dragons, so a three-headed firebreathing monster wouldn't be much of a stretch, though I'm of the opinion the fire breathing could be substituted with extremely high aggression and strength (though not speed, since the heads may all be arguing about target priorities or distracted,) since fires can screw up everyone's pathing with the smoke and actually cause the chimera to potentially choke to death (as I've witnessed a dragon die of smoke inhalation before.)

Smaller radscorpions would also probably find a place like the everfree a good nest site due to being able to move about the forest better than their freakishly larger brethren, and feral ghouls are bound to blunder through the area, though the larger locals and poison/killing joke would cause them to be a rare sight there.

And the chi- in chimera I've always heard pronounced like kai.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 08, 2014, 06:31:55 pm »

> Basilisks
Make the interactions last about a week or two. Once you're turned to stone, you're out for good. Also SHIELD_ADEPT doesn't seem to be immune, if Twilight is any indication. Maybe SHIELD_MASTER is.

> Manticores.
Just don't forget the poison. It should be about as vile as the larger radscorions. Also give them SHIELD_ADEPT for good measure. They're immune to taint, resistant to radiation and smaller ponies shouldn't bother them with the weak spells.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 16, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

Right, back to modding. To make the Everfree Forest more attractive, I have nerfed plant gathering a bit, right now, plants (should be) rarer, and plants like synth-reed, corn and cotton cannot be found anymore in the wild. Also, I'm going to add a new type of smeltable wood, orewood, which has rates better than scrap metal. And apples.

Anyway, I found the cockatrice to be a bit weak in combat due to its size so its petrification attack has a range of 3 tiles and petrifies for a week and its blood has a contact syndrome that slows.

And two last questions, do you think any of the Everfree animals should be tameable? Also, Maklak, can I use the sprites on your devianart for the cockatrice, timber wolf and manticore?

EDIT: Oh yeah, suggestions for killing joke effects are greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:12:44 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »

> Also, I'm going to add a new type of smeltable wood, orewood, which has rates better than scrap metal.
I strongly dislike the idea. I'd rather we got some hard wood or chitin plates to make weapons and armour, similar to how rock swords and bone armour are made in vanilla. That said, steel is a necessity in this mod, so I understand the compromise.

> And two last questions, do you think any of the Everfree animals should be tameable?
The smaller and more docile ones, probably.

> Also, Maklak, can I use the sprites on your devianart for the cockatrice, timber wolf and manticore?
Sure, but those were meant for Stonesense, so you'll need to resize and basically redo them in whatever resolution Phobeus is using. Don't forget to select all the "magical pink" colour areas and make them transparent before resizing.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 17, 2014, 06:03:04 pm »

Right, back to modding. To make the Everfree Forest more attractive, I have nerfed plant gathering a bit, right now, plants (should be) rarer, and plants like synth-reed, corn and cotton cannot be found anymore in the wild. Also, I'm going to add a new type of smeltable wood, orewood, which has rates better than scrap metal. And apples.

Is this new orewood tree something that only grows in good biomes such as the Everfree forest? I hope so as otherwise we will get too many types of building materials in normal salvage rich biomes.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a genetically modified apple tree that the ponies can plant underground? I was thinking of a tree that grows about 3-4 z-levels high and have a radius of about 2-3 squares. The tree would grow apples that would drop to the ground or be harvested with the new stepladder. Naturally for this to work you would need  to mine out a dome that leave at least 4 z-levels to the ceiling. It would be a bit more work than a normal farm plot initially, but having a tree that you didn't need to replant every year and would keep dropping new apples would be a new way of getting food. If nothing else it would make for an interesting challenge when making the stable and would give an unique look to the stable.   

Anyway, I found the cockatrice to be a bit weak in combat due to its size so its petrification attack has a range of 3 tiles and petrifies for a week and its blood has a contact syndrome that slows.
Sounds good. The cockatrice didn't look like very durable or powerful physically. It was its abilities that made it dangerous.

And two last questions, do you think any of the Everfree animals should be tameable? Also, Maklak, can I use the sprites on your devianart for the cockatrice, timber wolf and manticore?
What creatures where you thinking of? Rabbits and other small animals should be tamable.
EDIT: Oh yeah, suggestions for killing joke effects are greatly appreciated.

Lets see: Size reduction from 25-75%(think tiny Applejack), Size increase from 25-50%,  Disability of magic for unicorns. Disability of flight for flying creatures. inability to hold items. I take it that the effect will be random and last for a short while?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 210