Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476909 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3030 on: December 18, 2014, 09:49:39 am »

I strongly dislike the idea. I'd rather we got some hard wood or chitin plates to make weapons and armour, similar to how rock swords and bone armour are made in vanilla. That said, steel is a necessity in this mod, so I understand the compromise.
If I did that, it would probably mean a new workshop or a ton of new reactions lumped at the back of the Craftspony's Workshop. A steel equivalent wood that is rare/resource intensive is possible.

The smaller and more docile ones, probably.
The problem is that all the animals so far are the ohnoweareprobablyscrewed type of creature. I could make Everfree radscorpions tameable and handwave it off as them being more docile due to less radiation magic things.

Sure, but those were meant for Stonesense, so you'll need to resize and basically redo them in whatever resolution Phobeus is using. Don't forget to select all the "magical pink" colour areas and make them transparent before resizing.
Thanks, I don't mind doing that and will make sure to credit you.

Is this new orewood tree something that only grows in good biomes such as the Everfree forest? I hope so as otherwise we will get too many types of building materials in normal salvage rich biomes.
Yep, it is meant to balance out the lack of scrap metal from salvage.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a genetically modified apple tree that the ponies can plant underground? I was thinking of a tree that grows about 3-4 z-levels high and have a radius of about 2-3 squares. The tree would grow apples that would drop to the ground or be harvested with the new stepladder. Naturally for this to work you would need  to mine out a dome that leave at least 4 z-levels to the ceiling. It would be a bit more work than a normal farm plot initially, but having a tree that you didn't need to replant every year and would keep dropping new apples would be a new way of getting food. If nothing else it would make for an interesting challenge when making the stable and would give an unique look to the stable.   
Making an underground apple tree is plausible, but I don't think making ponies be able to plant it is possible short of breaching the caverns and hoping for one to sprout up.

What creatures where you thinking of? Rabbits and other small animals should be tamable.
I have no idea as pointed out above. Suggestions for small hopefully-not-so-harmful creatures are welcome.

Lets see: Size reduction from 25-75%(think tiny Applejack), Size increase from 25-50%,  Disability of magic for unicorns. Disability of flight for flying creatures. inability to hold items. I take it that the effect will be random and last for a short while?
Yep, thanks for the ideas, though I'm afraid that the disabling of flight and/or grasping is impossible. Due to gameplay stuff, I cannot be evil and make the effects last forever, so they will last for 1 month, or maybe a season?
Okay, so here is a list of effects so far, I am aiming for twenty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's about all so far. Comments and suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:51:58 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 18, 2014, 11:57:53 am »

> plants like synth-reed, corn and cotton cannot be found anymore in the wild.
I missed this one. Don't make them not grow in the wild at all, just lower their frequency a lot. Mass designating outdoor areas for plant gathering should yield a few seeds eventually.

> I could make Everfree radscorpions tameable and handwave it off as them being more docile due to less radiation magic things.
Well, maybe. Things like Bears and GCS should be the general upper limit for what's tameable. The truly powerful creatures shouldn't be.

> so they will last for 1 month, or maybe a season?
Whichever. Both are long enough that the combat will end before the syndrome runs out.

> Size increment
That sounds actually beneficial. But OK.

> Making a pony [CRAZED] but reducing their strength/combat stats to 1%
That pony will still be killed by the militia long before the syndrome runs out. But then killing joke sometimes does that.

> Switch genders (This is very tedious)
Would it be less tedious to switch to "generic blank-flank female unicorn or earth" or "generic blank-flank make unicorn or earth"? If yes, then maybe also switch races on ponies. But then both of these sound not-deadly.

Killing joke should have some more deadly or at least painful stuff, like bleeding and blisters.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 19, 2014, 10:27:26 am »

> plants like synth-reed, corn and cotton cannot be found anymore in the wild.
I missed this one. Don't make them not grow in the wild at all, just lower their frequency a lot. Mass designating outdoor areas for plant gathering should yield a few seeds eventually.
The thing about this is that edible plants are going to be too common, unless and add a "weed" plant to crowd them out.

> I could make Everfree radscorpions tameable and handwave it off as them being more docile due to less radiation magic things.
Well, maybe. Things like Bears and GCS should be the general upper limit for what's tameable. The truly powerful creatures shouldn't be.
Some suggestions would be helpful. I've already added in a weaker version of radscorpions since I like the idea of a pet mutated giant scorpion. Personally, I think things like rabbits/cavies would be out of place, yet the next tier is cats/dogs, which we already have. So, this is quite a conundrum.

> Size increment
That sounds actually beneficial. But OK.
How about removing that scaling law? So you are let's say 4 times larger but 4 times weaker?

> Making a pony [CRAZED] but reducing their strength/combat stats to 1%
That pony will still be killed by the militia long before the syndrome runs out. But then killing joke sometimes does that.
Or how about giving them harder skin to boot to make sure your militia is pounding uselessly rather than concentrate on the problem at hand? Alternatively, killing joke kills.

> Switch genders (This is very tedious)
Would it be less tedious to switch to "generic blank-flank female unicorn or earth" or "generic blank-flank make unicorn or earth"? If yes, then maybe also switch races on ponies. But then both of these sound not-deadly.
Yep, way less. But switching castes directly is more realistic and I literally have the whole day to do it (holidays).

Killing joke should have some more deadly or at least painful stuff, like bleeding and blisters.
But I have trouble translating that into, you know, joke form. Why would spontaneous bleeding and such be (depending on perspective) funny?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 19, 2014, 03:49:28 pm »

> How about removing that scaling law? So you are let's say 4 times larger but 4 times weaker?
Maybe. I also think armour gets heavier for bigger creatures, slowing them down.

> Or how about giving them harder skin to boot to make sure your militia is pounding uselessly rather
> than concentrate on the problem at hand? Alternatively, killing joke kills.
It would force the militia to attack the wrong target, keeping the killing joke alive longer. I'm also not sure if they end attacking once the CRAZED is over. And there is no in-fluff explanation for this resistance to damage. And then there still are lucky shots sometimes. In short, if you want to do this at all, killing joke kills. Which is what I'd hate to happen to an experienced soldier.

> But I have trouble translating that into, you know, joke form. Why would spontaneous bleeding and such be (depending on perspective) funny?
Killing joke removed the stripes from a Zebra (causing severe bleeding), turned ponies into Seaponies (far from any bodies of water) and so on. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes not quite, but kinda funny. In any case it is often deadly and always dangerous.

As a side note, I like what I'm reading about DF getting job priorities and improved designations.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.46) Peace and Love
« Reply #3034 on: December 19, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »

> Or how about giving them harder skin to boot to make sure your militia is pounding uselessly rather
> than concentrate on the problem at hand? Alternatively, killing joke kills.
It would force the militia to attack the wrong target, keeping the killing joke alive longer. I'm also not sure if they end attacking once the CRAZED is over. And there is no in-fluff explanation for this resistance to damage. And then there still are lucky shots sometimes. In short, if you want to do this at all, killing joke kills. Which is what I'd hate to happen to an experienced soldier.
Another reason to send less trained rookies first. Alternatively, have a vaccine sort of thing first or make the attacks unable to penetrate armour.

> But I have trouble translating that into, you know, joke form. Why would spontaneous bleeding and such be (depending on perspective) funny?
Killing joke removed the stripes from a Zebra (causing severe bleeding), turned ponies into Seaponies (far from any bodies of water) and so on. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes not quite, but kinda funny. In any case it is often deadly and always dangerous.
I do hope that I'm not the only one who notices the lack of zebras (joke). Anyway, some suggestions will be nice as to how spontaneous blisters/necrosis/whatever will be (somehow) funny.

As a side note, I like what I'm reading about DF getting job priorities and improved designations.
Me too, no more having to use DFHack reveal to mine out veins.

Also, I'm going to add in a useless "weed" plant for the purpose of making useful plants rarer in non-good biomes to make good biomes more attractive.

EDIT: Changed the title. Also, testing the killing joke out finds their bodies are very squishy due to being made of plant stuff. This should be balanced by their powerful interactions.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:50:31 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:21 am »

> Anyway, some suggestions will be nice as to how spontaneous blisters/necrosis/whatever will be (somehow) funny.
They don't all have to be quite so funny. Something similar to radiation poisoning from ghouls would work IMO.

> Also, I'm going to add in a useless "weed" plant for the purpose of making useful plants rarer in non-good biomes to make good biomes more attractive.
Make it at the very least cookable value 1 or something. I hate it when my plant stockpiles get clogged with useless stuff, like dye-only plants. But then, I suppose, I could disable that particular plant for all my stockpiles... if I remember to do that.

> Also, testing the killing joke out finds their bodies are very squishy due to being made of plant stuff.
Then make it spawn in swarms. The particular plants will be squashy, but with enough of them, the interactions will start flying. Add something similar to bind spell and ghould rad burst, make it climb well and it becomes really scary (unless SHIELD_ADEPT and SHIELD_MASTER protect from some of it's syndromes). Also see if it will DIAF against a flamethrower turret, because if yes, then forest fires might be a preferred way to deal with it. (Well, Red Eye did use a lot of flamethrower fuel). 
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:40 am »

> Anyway, some suggestions will be nice as to how spontaneous blisters/necrosis/whatever will be (somehow) funny.
They don't all have to be quite so funny. Something similar to radiation poisoning from ghouls would work IMO.
Right, okay.

> Also, I'm going to add in a useless "weed" plant for the purpose of making useful plants rarer in non-good biomes to make good biomes more attractive.
Make it at the very least cookable value 1 or something. I hate it when my plant stockpiles get clogged with useless stuff, like dye-only plants. But then, I suppose, I could disable that particular plant for all my stockpiles... if I remember to do that.
Oh yeah, they will still be collected. The idea here is to make them useless for food, how about allowing them to be burnt for ash at the Salvage Yard?

> Also, testing the killing joke out finds their bodies are very squishy due to being made of plant stuff.
Then make it spawn in swarms. The particular plants will be squashy, but with enough of them, the interactions will start flying. Add something similar to bind spell and ghould rad burst, make it climb well and it becomes really scary (unless SHIELD_ADEPT and SHIELD_MASTER protect from some of it's syndromes). Also see if it will DIAF against a flamethrower turret, because if yes, then forest fires might be a preferred way to deal with it. (Well, Red Eye did use a lot of flamethrower fuel).
They will be vulnerable to flamethrowers, but the binding and climbing bit sounds good. In the story, if I remember correctly, even alicorns got affected, so I don't think SHIELD_ADEPT/SHIELD_MASTER should matter.

Also, how does the subject thingy at the top work?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:33 am »

> how about allowing them to be burnt for ash at the Salvage Yard?
That will work, especially with an automatic reaction. Just make they yield low, like maybe on average 1 ash per 10-20 plants.

> Killing joke
For even more fear factor, give them stealth, hiding and starting hidden (if possible).

> Also, how does the subject thingy at the top work?
You can type something in there and change the thread title.
> I tried it a couple of posts back, but it does not stick.
Then maybe it works only for the first post, but I though I saw it sticking when used for some later post.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:39:49 am by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 20, 2014, 11:01:11 am »

> Killing joke
For even more fear factor, give them stealth, hiding and starting hidden (if possible).
That sounds really, really evil. Its perfect! (joke)
Anyway, I can give them the Hellhound hiding interactions.

> Also, how does the subject thingy at the top work?
You can type something in there and change the thread title.
I tried it a couple of posts back, but it does not stick.
I do stuff, I guess

DevouringOne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 20, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »

Well, surprisingly Velvet uses shields to defend against killing joke all the time so shields should stop the effects of killing joke

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »

Well, surprisingly Velvet uses shields to defend against killing joke all the time so shields should stop the effects of killing joke
Okay, so unicorns under the effects of Steadfast Ward will be immune.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 21, 2014, 04:40:19 am »

> Okay, so unicorns under the effects of Steadfast Ward will be immune.
If it is a touch thing (and I'm pretty sure it is, then Hazmat Suit, Power Armour and other environmentally sealed suits should work as well. That would be powerful, but Power Armour is hard to get anyway.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 21, 2014, 10:11:49 am »

If it is a touch thing (and I'm pretty sure it is, then Hazmat Suit, Power Armour and other environmentally sealed suits should work as well. That would be powerful, but Power Armour is hard to get anyway.
I would love to add that once item-trigger is up and running.

Anyway, I just realised because I was lazy and made all mammals geldable, slaves/blanks can be gelded.

ÉDIT: Right, I'm really really hoping for a release by 23rd +8 UTC yadayada. And counting the number of killing joke effects, they number 6, 8 including horn rot and rad poisoning-ish thing. Suggestions for at least 2 more will be nice.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:18:13 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 21, 2014, 02:06:05 pm »

I would say that would work only with things that are sealed and armored. My bet would be since Hazmat suits aren't especially durable, KJ would be able to go through them.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 22, 2014, 10:35:34 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone! ASCII and Phoebus.
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 210