Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478095 times)

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3075 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:33 am »

Other than those three i can't think of anything off of the top of my head, i'll have to give it some thought

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:29 am »

Other than those three i can't think of anything off of the top of my head, i'll have to give it some thought

Same here. Then again there isn't much many mods can do besides modify those.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 10, 2015, 04:41:28 am »

Right, status update. Right now, the computer with all the progress on the mod has died, and I'm stuck with an Intel Atom that hangs running DF. So unfortunately, I may have lost the work on Talon Mercenaries thus far, and a future update may be delayed until I get another computer that can run DF properly.
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 10, 2015, 05:51:31 am »

Hopefully you didn't lose too much, i know the feeling of when a system dies and you lose a ton of progress on something

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 14, 2015, 12:48:39 am »

Yay, two pieces of good news. First, my parents were kind enough to get me a new laptop. Second, upgrading to DF 0.40.24 and DFHack 0.40.24 r2 now means that reaction-trigger works.
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:33 am »

That's good to hear!

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

This is great news!   :)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 14, 2015, 02:20:55 pm »

and there was much rejoicing!

yay
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 15, 2015, 12:05:45 am »

Oops, I just realised I typed reaction instead of item.
I do stuff, I guess

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 16, 2015, 10:28:10 am »

I thought I'd come here and mention how I've been awaiting the unofficial fan update thingie.

Bit sad that you lost data, buuuuut, I don't mind the wait :P

Hope everything's going well and all.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 01, 2015, 05:30:48 am »

Alright, how do I put this? As many of you may have noticed, it's been a coupla months since the last update came out. Truth is, I think I've kinda been losing interest in modding DF, since my old computer died. Thus, I regret to say I would no longer be continuing the mod. It's been a blast, these few months, less than a year even, I would like say that I release my personal hold over the mod blah blah blah like Lycaeon did, but I can't, since I have no hold in the first place. So go ahead and do whatever you feel like doing to it. I may continue this at a later time, I may not, but I will still lurk around here and wish whoever decides to take up the lead the best of luck.
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 05, 2015, 05:29:22 am »

I am sad to hear that you are now longer working on the MOD, but I have to thank you for the time and effort you put inn. This MOD is probably what has kept me interested in DF for so long, but all good things must come to an end I suppose.
I wish you the best of luck with whatever you will work on next  :)

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 11, 2016, 06:33:11 am »

Does anyone still have any interest in this mod? its a shame to let it just be forgotton.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 13, 2016, 12:11:19 am »

Does anyone still have any interest in this mod? its a shame to let it just be forgotton.

I'm sure there's some interest still. I've been kinda piddling along with a little story stable/town I haven't updated in forever ( wanteds to have a really big update for it, but a full-time job kinda hit at the time I started on said update,) and I'm sure some people still play it now and then, either for some nostalgia, something different, or as a result of rereading Fallout: Equestria or a sidestory.

But with the new version being out, DFhack not being able to catch up very well for whatever reason (effectively crippling power armor and hazmat suits/gas masks which depend on it,) and nobody really willing/able to commit the time the mod needs, it seems the mod is doomed like many others to fall by the wayside.

At least a valiant effort was made on the parts of others to try and continue mod development, but I honestly feel that ultimately, Lycaeon was the best one for the job here (not to diminish the work that Snail555 and UnicodingUnicorn put in on their go at updating it,) as the work he did resulted in a more "finished" product so to speak. Hell, one could say the mod's development plans were a story in and of themselves, covering the time right after the war (what with raiders, and slavers being a constant problem and the Steel Rangers being colossal bullies,) up to the founding of the NCR in Equestria and New Roam in the Zebra Homeland.

Ultimately though, unless someone comes along with the right amount of dedication and free time available and DFHack updates sufficently, the mod can be safely assumed to be collecting dust.

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:29 am »

There is an alpha version of DFHack for the latest version, not sure if it'll play nicely with some of the features though, i havent tested it.

I'd put in an effort myself if i could understand DF modding at all, i suppose at least the mod has been left in a good enough state so that it can be played
or be updated, i think the hardest part would be adapting it for the latest version.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:16:30 am by HeartfireFlamewings »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 210