Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477858 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3090 on: April 14, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »

Does anyone still have any interest in this mod? its a shame to let it just be forgotton.

I still do. Have neither the time nor the skill to take up the mantle of the Equimodder, but I'm still interested in it.

@Splint:

I'm pretty certain Snail555 and UnicodingUnicorn are the same person.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

bluemovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 16, 2016, 09:29:15 am »

Im still interested. All this things, stuff and ideas. Oh, that's super-cool
If only we can have version on actual Df version, once..
Sorry for my english

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: April 27, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »

I used to love playing this mod a while back and would like to see it get new content again. Unfortunately, I do not have the modding experience with DF to really do anything constructive with it.

Multi

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Big Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 09, 2017, 08:12:33 pm »

Hi all, so im a long time lurker and was sad to notice that this mod was dead. However i actually want to continue this mod myself starting from Pinkie Pie is Watching and following that theme. Unfortunately i have no idea how to mod. However i AM willing to learn, so if someone is willing to teach me or at least point me to a guide, id happily begin working on this as soon as possible!

Thanks!
-Multi

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 10, 2017, 10:22:24 am »

How to download ??? And , have adventure mode ?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 10, 2017, 10:28:03 am »

Here's the link to the download. The OP's links are to the old version of DFFD.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7117
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 10, 2017, 10:33:52 am »

Here's the link to the download. The OP's links are to the old version of DFFD.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7117
Thanks

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: May 15, 2018, 02:10:21 pm »

I have been working on something for a while.  I am finally happy enough to throw it out to the world in it's currently unfinished, but nonetheless very playable state.

Behold, and enjoy.

Ministry of Morale stuff, radiation effects, and anything else depending on non-combat interactions* going off is still more or less broken, but everything *should* work.  However, testing a mod this size is time consuming with the amount of iterations it goes through, so let me know if anything else is broken/confusing/nonsensical etc.  Also, feel free to ask questions - I have been fiddling around with this for so long that I find it hard to even remember how some things used to work before, so there might be major changes I have flat out forgotten about.

Major changes that you should probably know about
Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)
Well, tell me how it goes.  Good luck, and try not to get too many ponies killed.

*Interactions only ever trigger during combat regardless of usage hints, so any interaction that doesn't get utilized in combat is hopelessly broken.  However, a lot of stuff doesn't depend on non-combat interactions any more - the entire robotics industry and slavery, for example. 
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 16, 2018, 12:30:34 am »

That is awesome, will try it tonight!  Any quirks or tips we should be aware of?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:42 am »

That is awesome, will try it tonight!  Any quirks or tips we should be aware of?

Aside from what I already mentioned, there is probably a couple more things I should bring up.

As per normal for Fallout Equestria, you might want a military pretty quickly, especially since now robots don't go after wildlife properly. When I mean quickly, I mean you can have 5 ghouls or several radgators blundering into your wagon in the first 3 minutes.  It happens.  Bring some security armor and weapons, and max out some ponies in military skills (remember to check for military cutie marks in the embark screen so you save points).  Since not many other skills are vital, I have started just bringing 2 miners, 1 woodcutter (all with appraisal for redundancy) and 4 mil ponies on my last coupe of embarks.

Oh, and you may not want worldgen to run for too long (I would not run it past 250, and even that is pushing it).  Stable dwellers and Slavers tend to not go very well in worldgen compared to armor plated shock troops, literal goddesses and highly trained, winged, clawed, chainsaw toting beefcakes.  Even with a short worldgen, having a dying stable civ at 100 isn't unheard of.  Don't turn up civ number either, that just gets you infinite worldgen rejects.

Beyond that, much of the old starting advice applies, so take a skim through the old guides and such.

EDIT: Oh, and there is an intermittent worldgen crash that I am completely clueless as to causes on.  I though it had gone away with the .10 update, but I just tried to gen another world and apparently it is back.  It doesn't happen most of the time, so just try again if it crashes (which will happen fairly quickly, about year 100 on a default sized world, or year 200 on a small world).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:28:17 am by thefriendlyhacker »

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 21, 2018, 07:14:15 pm »

Version 0.40.1 is now on DFFD.  Mostly just bug fixes, tweaks and an FFID script for spell targeting.  Oh, and now orewood (which only shows up in Good surroundings) has a very low chance to drop star metal on smelting.  That should give a mild incentive to tolerate the complete lack of salvage in Good biomes.

The FFID script isn't a game changer on its own, but next on my list of things to do is an overhaul of the spell system.  With that, I can actually have buffing interactions that target fort allies only, or that can spread from enemy to enemy.  Mildly useful, to say the least.

PenguinMuster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 21, 2018, 10:17:26 pm »

Hi, just wanted to say awesome work updating this mod good on you!
However there seems to be a problem processing steel ranger corpses. Even though I have almost 30 of them I am unable to process any of them in the salvage yards. I do not have them forbidden and they are in my stockpiles, but they do not appear when I use the DFHack enhanced view as even being owned by me. I do not know what the problem could be, as I was able to deconstruct cyberdogs corpses very easily. Sorry in advance as this may just me being stupid.

Thank you,

Penguin.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 21, 2018, 10:39:05 pm »

This is a known bug in vanilla DF where your citizens will refuse to use the corpses of sapient beings in any reactions, even if their ethics should allow them to. Its kind of a pain for modding stuff like this.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 22, 2018, 08:19:41 am »

Hi, just wanted to say awesome work updating this mod good on you!
However there seems to be a problem processing steel ranger corpses. Even though I have almost 30 of them I am unable to process any of them in the salvage yards. I do not have them forbidden and they are in my stockpiles, but they do not appear when I use the DFHack enhanced view as even being owned by me. I do not know what the problem could be, as I was able to deconstruct cyberdogs corpses very easily. Sorry in advance as this may just me being stupid.

Thank you,

Penguin.
I assume this isn't the latest version?  If you are using 0.40.0, there is a serious bug caused by the mod extraction script I used that prevents dfhack scripts from executing on loading/starting a game.  Fixing it is pretty simple:

1. In the DF base directory, rename onload.init to something else (like onload2.init).  This is because (on windows 7 at least) renaming with only capitalization changes seems a bit buggy, and I don't know if it could cause problems.
2. Now, rename it to onLoad.init (note the capitalization).
3. Scripts should now be working properly.  Get your ponies to move the steel ranger corpses around.  Doesn't matter where, there is a script that clears the dead_dwarf flag on ranger corpses on pickup by anyone so just get them hauled somewhere.  This will make them dismantlable.
4. Dismantle those steel ranger corpses.  If any of them were friendly merc rangers, remember to make some engraved slabs since they don't drop normal entombable bodies for your ponies to stuff in a coffin.

This is a known bug in vanilla DF where your citizens will refuse to use the corpses of sapient beings in any reactions, even if their ethics should allow them to. Its kind of a pain for modding stuff like this.
Been there, done that, got utterly confused and though I broke the game somehow, eventually figured out what the hell was going on, wrote a short script for it, more or less fixed it (at least for ITEMCORPSE drops, can't remember if normal corpses work the same or not in terms of flags).

PenguinMuster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 22, 2018, 12:03:48 pm »

Did what you said now it works. Thank you for your help.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 210