Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472735 times)

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3105 on: May 22, 2018, 02:13:21 pm »

Version 0.40.1 is now on DFFD.  Mostly just bug fixes, tweaks and an FFID script for spell targeting.  Oh, and now orewood (which only shows up in Good surroundings) has a very low chance to drop star metal on smelting.  That should give a mild incentive to tolerate the complete lack of salvage in Good biomes.

The FFID script isn't a game changer on its own, but next on my list of things to do is an overhaul of the spell system.  With that, I can actually have buffing interactions that target fort allies only, or that can spread from enemy to enemy.  Mildly useful, to say the least.

For whatever reason, I'm having some issues with the mod. Some fonts work just fine, but the pony descriptions and some minor fonts keep getting replaced with symbols, making the whole thing illegible What do?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 22, 2018, 05:00:57 pm »

For whatever reason, I'm having some issues with the mod. Some fonts work just fine, but the pony descriptions and some minor fonts keep getting replaced with symbols, making the whole thing illegible What do?
I *think* I might know what the problem is.

If you aren't using the Phoebus tileset, go into your DF installation and go to data/init/init.txt.  Find the lines that say:
Code: [Select]
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
[FONT:Phoebus_16x16_text.png]
[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:Phoebus_16x16_text.png]

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Phoebus_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Phoebus_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Open up your graphics pack/tileset.  Find the data/init/init.txt file.  Find the corresponding lines in those files, and replace all the Phoebus fonts with the corresponding fonts in your set.  If you aren't using a graphics pack/tileset or if your graphics pack doesn't come with a different tileset then use the base DF fonts (given below for convenience).
Spoiler: base DF fonts (click to show/hide)
Tell me if this fixes your problem.  In any case, I will change the install readme to warn that this needs to be done for non-phoebus tilesets in the next release.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

PenguinMuster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 22, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »

I hate to do this to you again but, it seems like making scrolls is not working. They take the sheets and the scroll rollers to the station and after they are done both of the items are gone but there is no scroll produced.

Edit:There is a error in DFHack that seems to be related to this. Would show a picture of the log but do not know how to insert images on this website.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:49:43 pm by PenguinMuster »

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 22, 2018, 08:12:09 pm »

I hate to do this to you again but, it seems like making scrolls is not working. They take the sheets and the scroll rollers to the station and after they are done both of the items are gone but there is no scroll produced.

Edit:There is a error in DFHack that seems to be related to this. Would show a picture of the log but do not know how to insert images on this website.
You are still on 0.40.0, right?  Cotton was called "cotton" in some places (including the plant definition) and "COTTON" in others, leading to...problems.  One of those problems is that the sheets dropped by MoI crates don't have a defined material in game (they will just be called "sheet" in your stocks screen, instead of "cotton sheet").  This leads to dfhack's item-trigger script throwing errors because it is referencing the material of a material-less item.  Given your problems, I would guess that it is also breaking the scroll making reaction.  Try making some cotton/synth-reed sheets via the vanilla reactions or buying sheets/parchment from caravans for your scroll making.  I *think* mat-less sheets should be OK for reverse engineering/data extraction where nothing inherits materials, but test it if you want to be sure.

Anyway, this was *mostly* fixed in 0.40.1.  There is still a minor bug in that dropped sheets are called "cotton plant sheets" instead of "cotton sheets" due to having a material subtype when they shouldn't, but that shouldn't have any meaningful impact in game.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tell me if this fixes your problem.  In any case, I will change the install readme to warn that this needs to be done for non-phoebus tilesets in the next release.
[/quote][/spoiler]

I tried this using the Stained Glass texture pack, however, I'm under the impression that I am running into the same sort of error that Necro is.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/nVYoZf3
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 23, 2018, 07:47:49 pm »

I tried this using the Stained Glass texture pack, however, I'm under the impression that I am running into the same sort of error that Necro is.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/nVYoZf3
I downloaded stained glass and had a quick play around with two installs of DF, one with the mod, one without.  The only significant difference in settings besides graphics sprites being enabled is that the mod data/init/init.txt file has TRUETYPE:YES, while the other has TRUETYPE:24. AFAICT this means that a modded install will always force true type font, while a vanilla+dfhack install will only use true type font when the text size is >= 24 pixels high, which in practice is when you are using a 24x24 or 32x32 tileset.  If you don't like true type font being on, you can toggle it in game with F12, or you can just change the init file.

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 04, 2018, 12:56:07 pm »

Awesome, glad to see this was resuscitated!

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 05, 2018, 11:44:26 am »

Awesome, glad to see this was resuscitated!
Good timing on the thread bump.

0.41.0 is now up.

Really, really big things:
- updated to DF 44.11
- massive overhaul of magic system - 9 spells in each school, or 45 total
- sver's combat overhaul mats, more leather mod and my own tweaks(notably, sane melting points for fat) have been integrated into the mod
- griffons now have several castes that specialize in certain areas of combat.

Spoiler: full change log (click to show/hide)

Feedback on spells would be welcome - I haven't done much testing on a lot of them, so there are probably balancing issues.  Let me know if anything is too weak/ridiculously strong/buggy and broken.  Particularly Crimson Gift (conjuration school, adept sanguimancy) - I don't know if it even works, let alone if it is balanced for an adept level effect.

In the near future (within the next week), I am going to get a bunch of guide stuff written up. When that is ready, I will probably start a new thread so I can have control of the OP (and so I can reserve the first half dozen posts for guides).  In the meantime, people will have to make due with basic information from the old guide, plus a quick writeup on my changes.

Spells work fairly similarly to how they did before, with a few major exceptions:
  • Apprentices in the old FoE are now School Adepts, Adepts are now School Masters, Magic Apprentice is now Magic Adept (and magic get all schools of their level, as before).  Non-cutie mark unicorns are considered apprentices
  • Magic Adept/Master get Master level magic immunity, other magic cutie marks get Adept level immunity
  • There are disciplines within a school for spells - these group thematically similar spells and determine which lower level spell hologems are required for making higher level spells, but don't impact learning spells
  • Like old FoE, each level (apprentice, adept and master) has their own version of spells.  However, unlike old FoE, casters learn all the spells at or below their level (instead of just apprentice, adept or adept+master).
  • Like old FoE, apprentices (formerly termed novices) can learn all the apprentice spells in one school, and adepts can learn all the apprentice+adept spells in their school plus apprentice in one other.  However, Masters also get to learn adept spells in one other school, in addition to their own school(plus apprentice everything).  Magic Adepts/Masters, as always, get everything.
  • MAS terminal is only needed for master level spell research and the MAS talisman forge - arcane terminal and arcane gem-cutting station cover everything.  In addition, arcane buildings just use the stable-tec terminal, instead of a special arcane terminal built from the same parts.
  • A lot of the stuff (talismans, healing potions etc) that required higher level hologems in old FoE now just require multiple lowest tier gems (A1,C1,D1,I1,R1), and higher tier gems can be broken down into industrial reagents that behave like lowest tier gems

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 07, 2018, 09:03:13 pm »

Glad to see work being done for this mod, i'm a long time lover of it and was sad to see it no longer being updated, especially with the new stuff in DF. Thanks for continuing it's development @thefriendlyhacker! If you're thinking of completing this mod, might I suggest a new thread? Though i understand why you wouldn't with a lot of the help and information stored here.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 10, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »

Don't mean to double post, but would anyone be adverse to me learning how to mod via adding various creatures to this?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 10, 2018, 09:12:41 pm »

Don't mean to double post, but would anyone be adverse to me learning how to mod via adding various creatures to this?
Both previous mod authors have released stewardship over the mod and left several years ago.  I also learned how to mod by altering FoE.  I don't think there is even anyone still around who has the right to object in the first place.

And hey, if you manage to come up with some stuff that is vaguely backed up by MLP/FoE/Fallout lore, works reasonably well, and fits in nicely with everything else then I might just stick it into the mod proper (with your permission, of course).

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 10, 2018, 09:26:30 pm »

Yea i wouldn't mind it, if the stewardship really has been released over this, then that just means that this is a community mod now, sustained and built on by the community members themselves instead of just a single person. I'd do more then just creatures, but i know nothing of modding and i think Creature's might be the easiest to do, i'll have to look through the creature files and see what's already done, but i think i might start with the simple Radroach first, might move onto Changeling version of Rabid Ghouls or some other creature yet, Hellhounds if those haven't been done, i'll check. I want to keep it to FoE lore as much as possible.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 19, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »

(sorry for double post) So did some research and found that the only creature from FoE that hasn't been modded in yet is the Hospital Horrors.

Looking on it, it seems that most of the Ministry of Peace - Peace and Love Arc was done (i think the only thing needed on that point is Cybernetics and the use of drugs on prisoners till that one's fully done), and seems like thefriendlyhacker has been making progress on the Ministry of Magic - Progress arc due to the new spells and the like. Maybe I could mod in Cybernetics and the use of drugs on prisoners to actually get those 2 points done and have the Ministry of Peace - Peace and Love arc fully done? Though that'll take some research as i'm a total newb to modding DF.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:13:53 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:59 pm »

So decided to just mod in something that wouldn't ultimately break the game, that being about 141 cutie marks and will most likely add more later (my endgame is about 1000+ cutie marks for that ultimate uniqueness, no more ponies with twin cutie marks). However I couldn't find the file that contains cutie marks that give effects/effects stats/labors/ect, so either it doesn't exist or i'm just not finding it, but it has to exist somewhere, as I had a pony with twin drills that was really good at mining alongside other ponies with cutie marks that are really good at what that cutie mark depicts, but that cutie mark isn't in the descriptor_color_cutiemark file, which is the only file besides descriptor_color_cutiemark_evil that has cutiemarks in it that I can find.

So i'm missing something, if someone could point out the file then please do and I'll start adding more that will actually affect stats and the like.

Here's the link: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13913

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 22, 2018, 01:18:58 am »

So decided to just mod in something that wouldn't ultimately break the game, that being about 141 cutie marks and will most likely add more later (my endgame is about 1000+ cutie marks for that ultimate uniqueness, no more ponies with twin cutie marks). However I couldn't find the file that contains cutie marks that give effects/effects stats/labors/ect, so either it doesn't exist or i'm just not finding it, but it has to exist somewhere, as I had a pony with twin drills that was really good at mining alongside other ponies with cutie marks that are really good at what that cutie mark depicts, but that cutie mark isn't in the descriptor_color_cutiemark file, which is the only file besides descriptor_color_cutiemark_evil that has cutiemarks in it that I can find.

So i'm missing something, if someone could point out the file then please do and I'll start adding more that will actually affect stats and the like.

Here's the link: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13913
Here is how the cutie mark system works in terms of the RAWs:
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210