Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472785 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »

No no guys, no "A" community fort.
Community world.
Everyone gets to build a fort.
When the fort dies or the time runs out all current forts are abbandoned/retired (ie turned into a lair using DFhack) and the save passes on to the next player, then it continues over and over for as long as people can be arsed to play.
I'd be up to you to decide on how to best use your time, other rules can be decided as we draw near the actual game.

Right now the number of participants is at 6 (Pokon doesn't want to actually play) so the turn cycles between the 6 of us (in order).
If more players join the game the cycle is made longer and the new player is added at the end of the current cycle, so everyone gets a fair go.

Still haven't decided on time though, how much time do you guys think would be needed for one good turn?
I am leaning on 4 days to one week max, but maybe you guys would like more (better forts) or less (more forts)?

Before anything happens though we still need to wait, this is a pretty big thing and if we are going to use the same version over and over it might be better if we just wait for more stuff to be added, I'm thinking v1.0, but if time draws out too much we may settle for an earlier version.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2012, 06:26:57 pm »

I'd say four days. That sounds like a good amount of time.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »

Works with me. Maybe when Adventure mode gets completed we can even go pillaging our own forts when all's said and done.
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »

That's the point. Once we have a lot of Stables we send off adventurers to pillage explore them.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:25 pm »

Sappho would love it.

Not sure if she'd approve of ponies though.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »

Have fun guys! (When you decide to start, of course :) ) I enjoy reading community forts, though I'm more used to single fortresses being passed from one person to the next. A community world sounds interesting though. I advise waiting until I release the next update, as that's when the steel rangers will be rebalanced (they're a bit overpowered at the moment) and lots of cool stuff will be added.

Just bear in mind that I haven't worked on adventure mode at all apart from making it available for wastelanders.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:59 pm »

Adventure mode for this might finally be what makes me learn how to be an adventurer.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2012, 07:44:27 pm »

Adventure mode for this might finally be what makes me learn how to be an adventurer.

KHENAL! GRAB MY HOOF!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »

KHENAL! GRAB MY HOOF!

*grab*
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:30 pm »

KHENAL! GRAB MY HOOF!

*grab*

ADVENTURE!

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »

I'd love to see somebody make a fort that falls to the circus and make an adventurer that avenges the fort.
Better yet, I'd love to see somebody make a fort specifically for exploring in adventurer mode.

KHENAL! GRAB MY HOOF!

*grab*

ADVENTURE!

Ooh! I want to come!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:10:43 pm by P(ony)SI »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2012, 09:11:16 pm »

KHENAL! GRAB MY HOOF!

*grab*

ADVENTURE!

Woosh!

On topic, my island embark from a few days ago died before I could get nice and safe.  On the good side, though, I have a new embark that is looking to be my most successful stable so far.  Even if the merchants like my depots too much to leave.  I think it's because I have more than one, and the merchants aren't sure how to handle that.  It's not my fault their wagons don't want to cross my bridges and go to my main depot.

But anyway, my embark.  I believe it's a joyous wilds (I forget what it was now :P), and I haven't seen anything too nasty show up as far as wildlife yet.  Irradiated dust storms are fairly common, but stay over the water for the most part.  Had a Ranger scout show up, but seemed to be at the right time, as I have been keeping myself occupied by grabbing every last piece of salvage I can manage.  There is a decent amount of good salvage on the surface, so my value has gone up rather quickly.  I have several prismatic smelters and have a huge pile of bronze bars from smelting my scrap metal into bronze instead of smelting it as scrap.

Oh, something else I noticed: The Scriptorium doesn't seem able to copy schematics.  I have high quality paper and a flamethrower schematic, but the scriptorium isn't doing anything.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:56:18 pm by Khenal »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2012, 10:05:10 pm »

Good to hear Khenal! :)

I've removed schematics copying for now...it'd be too easy to just mass produce an expensive schematic and buy out every single caravan (you can still do it with expensive salvage, but at least there's a limit to that), and the extra copies aren't really useful.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2012, 10:48:03 pm »

Are schematics not consumed when used?  And here I got all set up to make a bunch of schematics so I could make a bunch of cool stuff, and learn I don't really need to :P

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »

They're not consumed...

Battle saddles for everypony! A flamethrower turret in every home! :D

The only limiting factor is the flamer fuel, but I'll be adding a biofuel refinery in the next update.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:53:29 pm by Lycaeon »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 210