Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478947 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »

Ah, ranged ponies. Just wait until you get your hooves on anti-machine rifles. :)

Skill rates can't be changed with syndromes, so just castes for CM's for now.

I'll add cloaks and socks in the next version.

Unbutcherable corpses still yield bones if there are mangled pieces that rot completely.

Tough chitin is slightly stronger than tough leather.

Lenses and hologems will stay carved from rough gemstones for now. I'm not sure if trade good gemstones can even be used in reactions. ???

Gunpowder from caravans is a great idea! I'll add a gunpowder box as a trade good for the next version. :)

Low quality salvage will stay as is...the caverns will suffice for valuable salvage, especially with it growing in forts. *Lycaeon grumbles*

The current party reaction is a placeholder that I'll need to look over...the performance reactions, however, provide boosts alone, though they need paper to get going.

The debuff that comes after the adrenaline rush is half that of the bonus, so combat performance shouldn't be significantly affected. I will consider extending the boost duration though.

Miniguns need to be reloaded (200 time units out of every 600), and don't have friendly fire. However, minigun bullets are extremely inaccurate (they're only really effective within 5-6 tiles) and weaker than combat rifle bullets. They also use the throwing skill, so I added a heavy weapons training program for the Stable-Tec terminal. I previously considered having the minigun require reloads, but the current interaction system didn't allow it, so for now, the upgrades are permanent. :)

Boiling rock syndromes only have a 50% successful transfer rate, which is impractical when making battle saddles and robot upgrades that require rare and valuable components. I would set up an enclosed drink stockpile that only takes from the armory or other buildings that make upgrade potions, and lock ponies needing upgrades in them. Just bear in mind that robot upgrade drinks also need the robot next to the stockpile as well, so the ponies can target them after drinking.

No close-combat edge for AMR's. They already can take out feral minotaur reavers with a lucky head or chest shot. :)

As for the wealth trigger, 300k is the maximum allowed by entity modding. Hmm...I think I will just remove it altogether and leave steel rangers as population triggered. Alicorns are already population-triggered only.

As always, kudos for the feedback Maklak! :)

Edit: Crazy Cow, I'll add a chain sword in the next version.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:01:38 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:30 pm »

A pony got possessed and created a steel sledgehammer for my heroic earth pony, yay!

My militia commander spammed me with 200 messages about not being able to path to his steel machete, and then without any kind of promoting went outside his burrow and down into the caves where he got killed, daw...

I swear, playing DF sometimes is like watching over a hundred hyperactive kids, the AI is totally and utterly insane.
This game is the ultimate parenting simulator.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »

Indeed...and the image of hyperactive ponies doesn't make it much better. :)

I also push citizens around in burrows, but it's buggy and requires lots of management each time a migrant wave comes around. :-\ If anything else, I just build bridge vaults over all my entrances and close them up when there's any craziness. If anypony gets caught outside...well... :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2012, 06:15:22 pm »

So, I installed the RAWs on a fresh DF install, and I noticed a few graphics issues with dirt/sand/stone. Just that the symbols don't match up with the normal shaded ones. How do I go around changing this? I don't know much about messing with graphics packs and textures because I've never used them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2012, 06:34:25 pm »

Oh dear...

You're going to have to wait until the next update for a full ASCII version (And that won't be for about two weeks), so as a stopgap measure you can replace these files in the mod raws:

inorganic_stone_layer
inorganic_stone_mineral
inorganic_stone_soil

with the files of the same name from the vanlilla DF raws, as they don't have any changes apart from the tiles. That, and the tree changes Crazy Cow suggested, should get you a working ASCII version.

Sorry about that, to you and anyone else who uses ASCII. :(
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:02:45 pm by Lycaeon »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:10 pm »

Indeed...and the image of hyperactive ponies doesn't make it much better. :)

...I just build bridge vaults over all my entrances and close them up when there's any craziness. If anypony gets caught outside...well... :P

Hey, we do the same thing!

The Steel Rangers would only be interested in places with loads of goodies, wouldn't they? If you get a salvage industry going, you're asking for them to come knocking since your stable seems to be the only place around that has its shit together.

And I don't really notice a lack of personnel with my vegetative lifestyle. I have have five 3x3 farm patches for every crop every season for both above ground and below crops. Even with all my farmers I still have a shitload of migrants with no place to be.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »

The great and powerful Replica doesn't trust bridges.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »

Instead of skill point boosts or learn rate changes, why not have CMs boost attributes so the pony is better suited for a skill? Every time I start I end up with 7 ponies that according to therapist are very much not suited for their CM skills.
Case in point: Twig Gray likes to fashion intricate objects out of bone but has the creativity of a feral ghoul rock.

I know it's rather minor, but I have seen a pretty good skill training difference in skills like mining when you compare two ponies with majorly different role suitabilities (neither with any related CMs).

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2012, 07:03:36 pm »

Case in point: Twig Gray likes to fashion intricate objects out of bone but has the creativity of a feral ghoul rock.

I'll take that, thank you~

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 07, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »

That's true, Neowulf. I haven't added specific attributes for cutie marks yet, as the current system is a placeholder, and will be expanded when I get to it in the development list. However, the current priority is on new features. You guys have suggested a lot of neat ideas (Many thanks! :) ), so I'd like to get them in before working on something that's already adequate.

To Maklak: Horseshoes and security boots work fine, but each pony has to be assigned four specific shoes/boots or else they won't put them on (The general boot options don't work as ponies have four hooves). And the light horseshoes your ponies wear by default don't protect well against damage.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:11:28 pm by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 07, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

To Maklak: Horseshoes and security boots work fine, but each pony has to be assigned four specific shoes/boots or else they won't put them on (The general boot options don't work as ponies have four hooves). And the light horseshoes your ponies wear by default don't protect well against damage.

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 07, 2012, 07:21:16 pm »

You know what? I'm just going to stick that on the first page along with the other general tips. Don't forget you also need to set your armor settings to "replace clothing" and not "wear over clothing" for the ponies to replace their light horseshoes with boots (This is also convenient for military uniforms in general). :) Thanks to Crazy Cow for the four boots advice.

Edit: I may just go ahead and add attributes to all the current cutie marks as well. It's going to be after everything else for the next update is finished though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:46:03 pm by Lycaeon »

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.
Silly ponies need you to remind them to protect their little hoofsies.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 07, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.

Oh you have no idea.

They would probably bring buckets of lava to the hospital if I didn't constantly remind them that 'fires are bad'.
They are like little children, stupid technicolor, hoofed children that eat glue and crap rainbows the second you look away to do important shit, like attending to your industries.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:12 am »

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.

Oh you have no idea.

They would probably bring buckets of lava to the hospital if I didn't constantly remind them that 'fires are bad'.
They are like little children, stupid technicolor, hoofed children that eat glue and crap rainbows the second you look away to do important shit, like attending to your industries.

You're an industry.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 210