Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478114 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.71d beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

I've spent ten minutes trying to come up with a way of phrasing this succinctly and adequately and as of yet have failed.

This is a- as far as I can tell, largely serious- merging of a black-humor post-apocalypse setting, and the spinoff of a spinoff of a commercial for toy ponies for little girls.

Look, I'm not going to disparage anyone's use of free time here- if you like dayglow juvenile horses, go right ahead; after all, this is all a microcosm of what the uninitiated might describe as a computer program that mainly generates detailed descriptions of horrific combat wounds inflicted by unarmed midget alcoholics upon Jewish stereotypes.

Nonetheless, this is the only creative project where a statement like "Automated turrets will work like immobile pets you can chain or pasture at chokepoints, which will attack any enemies in range. They'll be especially useful for steel rangers and Unity alicorns," is substantially more bizarre in its context, which is that your pet sentries will be murdering enemy horses for you.

On reflection this is, of course, inevitable, since two of the most popular total conversions for DF have to be the fallout mod and the pony mod. The fact that I understand this somehow fails to make the existence of this mod (and, indeed, the larger external background which apparently exists) more comprehensible.

Shine, shine on, you strange and wonderful lunatics. I applaud you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:51:22 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 05:59:33 pm »

Also, the fanfic that spawned this mod? Longer than War And Peace.

Well, the mod's pretty good, too. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »

PTTG, you give too much credit this mod, for there is no craziness here that hasn’t already taken place in some shape or form on one of the other excellent mods on this forum. We desire no praise for simply propagating what has made Dwarf Fortress such a great game…there are many other modders who have done and will do the same in the future. This mod is a mere adaptation of an entertaining work. :)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:10:22 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 06:31:15 pm »

Dwarf Fortress finest sadists and defilers.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »

Don't mess with the black radscorpions  :'(. It one shot all my ponies except for the one in steel combat armor; he lasted a whole three seconds.

As far as the source material, I admit it sounds bizarre; I only started reading it in the first place out of morbid curiosity. But somehow it works.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 01:27:59 am »

Don't mess with Steel Rangers either. Found a bunch of scouts, most went down easy to my unarmed and unarmored soldiers. Then there was one... One scout armed with a ripper and nothing else, exactly like the other scouts. Except this one managed to take down eight soldiers by himself. And now I've finally found a way to train my ranged soldiers without wasting valuable ammunition, just grind up all of my feral dog bones into pellets.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:35:00 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Clay golem

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i don't know English!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 05:35:07 am »

Hi! i'm have a problom with world generator again... when i world gen with "PONYVILE" map, Such a warning has appeared "UNABLE TO PLACE ENOUGH CIVILIZATIONS". why?(I had not touched the World file.)

(i'm using translation machine because i'm poor at English :'()
I don't know English!!!!!!!!!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 06:15:54 am »

Don't mess with the black radscorpions  :'(. It one shot all my ponies except for the one in steel combat armor; he lasted a whole three seconds.

As far as the source material, I admit it sounds bizarre; I only started reading it in the first place out of morbid curiosity. But somehow it works.

Funny thing is, I almost had a single unicorn soldier take down a black radscorpion by himself yesterday using only a makeshift shield and scrap training sword.
All he had in the way of experience was 16 feral dog and 4 radhog kills, which apparently is all it takes to get fighting to legendary, shield user to master and the other general combat skills to an actually useful level.

I say "almost" because the fight ended when the two inflicted paralyzing hits on each other which left the two gravely injured next to each other, their AI being stuck in attempting to escape from the enemy despite being unable to move.

Hi! i'm have a problom with world generator again... when i world gen with "PONYVILE" map, Such a warning has appeared "UNABLE TO PLACE ENOUGH CIVILIZATIONS". why?(I had not touched the World file.)

(i'm using translation machine because i'm poor at English :'()

The gen works, most of us are playing using the same gen.
Just let it run for a while, it takes a few rejections to make it work.
If you have a slow computer go brew yourself some coffee or take a smoke before checking back.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 01:21:16 am »

* Another stupid question solved by looking around.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:35:21 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 07:08:07 pm »

So... how about them alicorns?  Just had a snatcher show up and singlehoofedly destroy my entire fort.  I shudder to think what an ambush/siege of them would do.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »

I'm betting that was one of the purple alicorns...teleporting in combination with an evisceration spell and nearly impervious shields makes them as deadly as they were in the actual novel, which unfortunately was a bit more than I expected in terms of gameplay.  :-\

I'm probably going to decrease their population ratio for the next version, as green and blue alicorns are much more manageable, as well as add some additional weapons to provide options other than the anti-machine rifle. Fortunately, they don't siege...I've yet to see a force that could stand up to a hundred alicorns. For now I recommend plenty of fortifications to keep them at range for your marksponies...they can't keep up their shields the whole time, so there will be windows during which they are vulnerable.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:24 pm »

What we need is a grenade launcher that fires memory orbs.

oOoOo

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »

Indeed...when I added the Unity alicorns, I found I couldn't add the high-explosive rockets and grenades that were the only effective weapons against them in the novel. :-[

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:29:23 pm by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:27 pm »

Ah, but that's where robots and your expertise in creating creatures with whacky abilities come in.
We'll be having death machines and clankers to deal with those alicorns in no time.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »

I need to learn how to use burrows. A slaver squad completely wrecked my fort because for some reason, as soon as I let the bridge down every single civilian decided to run completely out of the fort to be slaughtered. No idea what compelled them to spill out of the front gates to welcome the foal profiteers.

On a side note I had a friend guess the special talent of some of the slavers.
A blood filled glass vase means they're a body part arranger instead of floral arranger.
A blood soaked statue is leadership.
Three skinned cutie marks is a trapper.
Trampled strawberry plant is jam making.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 210