Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476913 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #450 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:38 am »

To Maklak: Horseshoes and security boots work fine, but each pony has to be assigned four specific shoes/boots or else they won't put them on (The general boot options don't work as ponies have four hooves). And the light horseshoes your ponies wear by default don't protect well against damage.

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.
Silly ponies need you to remind them to protect their little hoofsies.

Oh you have no idea.

They would probably bring buckets of lava to the hospital if I didn't constantly remind them that 'fires are bad'.
They are like little children, stupid technicolor, hoofed children that eat glue and crap rainbows the second you look away to do important shit, like attending to your industries.

You're an industry.

I sure am, little Timmy, I sure am...
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:20 am »

I was fairly dubious of this when I first saw it. My love for all things Fallout overrode my mild dislike for ponies. The reactions and mechanics really drew me in right off the bat. Like the actual Fallout Mod, but more indepth, with a deeper research tree and more options. Outside of the fact my combat armored security force had four legs, carried their batons in their mouths and some how had a riot shield welded to the side of their armor, I could cope with it.

But then, a horrible mixture of Radstorm and immigrant wave sealed my delight with this mod. I had some minor experience with radstorms, watched them effect local wildlife, and knew it was best to get undercover if it was coming my way. Not an option when both a storm and a migrant wave spawns roughly at the same time, in the exact same spot.

It... was horrible. Some of the migrants managed to rush through, any where only effected by minor radiation sickness and some burning. Others... Were not so fortunate. A few were covered head to hoof in blisters, and one... a fisherpony... She was rotten. She was on the fact tract to ghoulification if such a mechanic worked. I hoped, with all my heart, she died before someone could recover her. My hospital, a well stocked and fitted room, was overwhelmed in a matter of days. The free wing of the Warrens was being used to stock the overflow. Miasma was everywhere. I checked my medical pony, also the Expedition Leader. Removing rotten flesh. Performing Surgery. Cleaning Patient. She didn't even return to her quarters. She passed out in the hospital after finishing a final surgery. For all her efforts, most managed to make it out of the hospital and rejoin the Stable, joining with the security force, the ever growing mason guild, or working below the earth in the dim glow of the magma forges.

I have suffered ambushes of slavers and raiders, even a pair of sieges. All have broken against the shield of my baton wielding security force, backed up by the unerring aim of my rifle squads. Still working on gathering all the supplies to begin magical studies. It seems a luxury I can not afford while still battling the elements and hostile forces, but I know it will be required if I ever have to face Unity.

All and all, you manage to take ponies and one of my favorite settings and mesh them together nicely. Good show.

Now the bad:

Scavenging has no set skill. I tested it, and even a pony with nothing set will go off and scavenge. This is very annoying because I will suddenly find my Master armorsmith, who is deep in the belly of the earth refining all my scrape into metal, running the fifty some odd  levels to refine a chunk of scrap, and then run all the way back down to resume his smithing. This happens with all professions. The other fallout mod used the near useless skill of animal trapping as it's place holder, rather try to make a new profession. It works fairly well.

Have you thought about changing salvage raws so they are unusable for carpentry, but still counted as wood? i have had a few starts where I was able to begin with some 6000+ ponybucks, because my starting wheelbarrel and such were made out of high quality salvage. This would allow people to stockpile wood in the same place, but not have to worry about their woodburners torching your disabled terminal logs because you need coal for steel.

Thoughts for items:

Taking another page from the Fallout Mod, and your own premise for the Everlasting Fountain, adding a very rare power source for a furnace or smithy would be a god send. Something stupidly rare, only in the Ministry of Wartime chests (Maybe magic) which allows you to build a forge that doesn't require fuel for basic smelting (No metallurgy reactions, like steel, bronze, etc) but allows you to smelt down scrap or work on smithing skills without having to dig down to magma, deforest the landscape, or micromanage your lumber/scrap industry quite as much.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 08, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

I'm glad you enjoy the mod, Kel! Good to see you've weathered the raiders and slavers well. :)

Scavenging reactions have no skill to prevent the salvage that comes out from having quality levels (Which would be excessive for some of the more useful scrap such as barbed wire). You can assign the salvage yard (and other workshops) to specific ponies once you have a manager, so only they will perform reactions at it.

Using logs for wood burning and carpentry is hardcoded, so there’s no way around that. However, you can restrict stockpiles to certain types of logs under Wood in the stockpile settings to sort ordinary wood to wood burners and salvage to salvage yards.

The Prismatic Smelter and Prismatic Forge work as a smelter and gunsmith respectively without the need for fuel, and are built using a power talisman (and a forge terminal for the latter). They’re both described under Workshops and Industries on the first page, along with other useful information. Power talismans have a low chance of being found in certain Ministry crates.

I will go ahead and add the first two to the technology hints and tips as well. Thanks for the feedback! :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:28:21 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 08, 2012, 01:19:29 pm »

Well, after a run with a fort that ended when I discovered the joys of Dragonfire, some ideas that are probably already planned but I just want to get out of my head:

Ghoulification might be viable. Is there not a way to set percentage on how a reaction effects a creature? Perhapes radiation clouds have a 5-15 percent chance to convert a pony into a ghoul after a long "recovery" from blistering and subsequently rotting. Ditto for Pink Cloud, albet that horrible stuff would be a lot more risky to expose, I presume, a dozen migrents to considering it's death rate. Not that it would stop players from attempting to make a Canterlot Ghoul-y filled fort, but still.

Buffalo might be a "tribal" faction with just a few civilizations at world gen to offset there...largeness.

Roming cyberponies might be a viable semimegabeast. Something Deus-like, probably.

Finaly, zebras: I see two potental civ's in them: a tribal/scavanger/raider group and something akin to the Reminent from PH.

The "primary" zebra faction would be much like the Wastelander civ at first glance: lowish quality weapons, sends caravans if your not at war with them, ect. However, the zebras would probably have a moderate skill bonus to all of the "bare-hooved combat" skills and might, as another poster has suggested, have some bonus to the Alchemy skill. Presumably, they might trade special robots or substances that would require a Alchemy-based building to use effectivly. Or not. It might get wierd in attempting to impliment it, but having the ability to create a "Regeneration elixer" or a "Mind-Expanding Brew" is too good to pass up, and it's kind of neat to force ponies in-game to slowly learn Alchemy.

Now the Reminent would be a mite bit like the Steel Rangers if they traded there power armor for stealth. They would probably send thieves in to your fort, but considering that they would probably have high inherent combat skills they would be less "thieves" as "Stealth-Cloaked Infiltrator" and would be a genuine threat to even trained guardponies. Now, while they would probably have some some renamed combat armor at best for there troops, and swords and knives and such for melee weapons, there main threat would be the ranged fighters. Coupled with a high observation skill and probably unique-to-there-civ Zebra Assault and Sniper rifles, they could bring down even the best armored fighters with scary ease. Of course, there lack of high-tier armor and there size balances out for a high-mid tier threat.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:30 pm »

I've fleshed out the workshops and industries with their respective reaction lists to make them easier to figure out.

Pokon, ghoulification is viable, and will eventually be introduced when I implement RadSafe and RadAway in the Ministry of Peace arc.

Zebras are on the development list. There's a whole technology tree planned for them and their potions-based magics. They are low priority though.

I'll think about the buffalo and cyberponies.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:15:50 pm by Lycaeon »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2012, 01:07:44 am »

To Maklak: Horseshoes and security boots work fine, but each pony has to be assigned four specific shoes/boots or else they won't put them on (The general boot options don't work as ponies have four hooves). And the light horseshoes your ponies wear by default don't protect well against damage.

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.

Oh you have no idea.

They would probably bring buckets of lava to the hospital if I didn't constantly remind them that 'fires are bad'.
They are like little children, stupid technicolor, hoofed children that eat glue and crap rainbows the second you look away to do important shit, like attending to your industries.

You're an industry.

I'm no Timmy, I'm an Indi.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2012, 01:10:38 am »

Oooooooooooohh....

SHIT.

Oh you have no idea.

You're an industry.

I'm no Timmy, I'm an Indi.

Timmy the Indi
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2012, 01:25:41 am »

Ok, that's enough now guys. :P

I'm planning to roll out an small update with just the bugfixes and useful changes suggested over the past couple of days. If you have any suggestions or issues that would be quick to add/fix, I'm all ears.

Edit: Bigger suggestions for later are welcome too. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:32:10 am by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 09, 2012, 01:58:55 am »

Sprite bot upgrades? :)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 09, 2012, 02:07:40 am »

I've got strapped explosives planned for them in the larger update - you'll be able to turn them into mobile mines that explode in your enemies' faces.  :)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 09, 2012, 02:24:33 am »

Oooh explosives.
I like explosives.
Almost as much as I like robots, so this is great.
It's going to be tricky putting them to effective use, BUT, it does give me a great idea on how to deal with trapavoid's in long trapped corridors, it involves secret passages, floodgates and luck.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 09, 2012, 02:28:24 am »

Would the ghouled ponies join the Stable, or would they become feral and another problem for the fort in general?

Because I can see problems coming from having them working alongside non-irradiated ponies, dealing slow but steady radiation damage to them, which in time would A: Cause minor to moderate health issues, leaving your Stable covered in vomit and blood in some cases, with everyone suffering from constant pain, which in turn would cause B: The eventual uberpony, as they are given steady damage which causes them to recover both from physical and disease would give them perpetual stat boosts in toughness, damage, and disease recovery.

A breed of pony, who's wounds seals before your very eyes. Exposed to JUST the right level of magical radiation, they are infused with a glow of ancient magic, much to the suffering of those around them.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:39 am »

I think I'll make it a 25% chance that the new ghoul is feral, though the odds of becoming a ghoul in the first place are low. That way overseers won't simply dump new migrant waves into the nearest irradiated dust storm. :P Non-feral ghouls will be able to work in your Stable as normal.

And the radioactive glowing ghouls to which you refer are out there...it's just that a ghoul won't normally become one unless exposed to an extreme radiation source. Newly ghoulified ponies won't emit radiation of their own.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 09, 2012, 02:51:38 am »

That reminds me.

Will there be tainted sprite bots?
Corrupted sprite bots that have an area of effect interaction that causes targets to bleed from their ears and eyes?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 09, 2012, 02:59:39 am »

There are already, but they and the other wild robots are not spawning for some reason. I won't have the time to figure out what's wrong until later though.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 210