Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478855 times)

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #465 on: December 09, 2012, 03:10:45 am »

I think I'll make it a 25% chance that the new ghoul is feral, though the odds of becoming a ghoul in the first place are low. That way overseers won't simply dump new migrant waves into the nearest irradiated dust storm. :P Non-feral ghouls will be able to work in your Stable as normal.

And the radioactive glowing ghouls to which you refer are out there...it's just that a ghoul won't normally become one unless exposed to an extreme radiation source. Newly ghoulified ponies won't emit radiation of their own.
So Overseers would have to go to more complex lengths to weaponize ghoulification? Maybe something like putting each (preferably useless) migrant into a chamber with a radioactive source until they die or turn. Even if they go feral, you can still use them as combat fodder in your arena! Even modded features will be weaponized, but at what cost?
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:00 am »

You're better off embarking in a savage or evil region and cage trapping the local ghouls for your arena than risking whole migrant waves in irradiated clouds. Even sane ghouls will be weaker than the average pony, though they can't feel pain and are immune to radiation.

I guess I'll put ghouls in as an objective for the large update.

Edit: I'll consider percentages that will make forcibly ghoulifying ponies feasible for interested overseers. :)

Edit2 for below: As well as bonuses to make the process worth it (Apart from the, you know, pony ghouls!)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:24:33 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 09, 2012, 03:17:04 am »

Exposing your ponies to rad clouds does have the horrible side effect of reducing their bones to piles of rotten ooze. Rather horrible image if you think about it.

New ghouls should be rare, but have a hefty bonus to their endurance and disease resistance, along with immunity, maybe even benefit, from rad exposure, making them a MUST HAVE for intensive aboveground salvaging. Maybe make them suffer a hefty agility penalty to off set it, so you have to provide them with some form of guard, otherwise, any native wild life them comes across them will have an easy meal.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 09, 2012, 10:41:37 am »

Always had a soft spot for ghouls, myself (and I was always sad that I couldn't stop the Master from fucking up the Necropolis :c), so seeing them would be pretty cool. I can tell you now that I'll be trying at least one ghoul-only fort ;P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:43:40 am by Crazy Cow »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 09, 2012, 11:41:36 am »

I haven't had much time to play lately, but I may post an update later. For now I just have a few comments on the mod.

I rather like the idea of having ghouls for aboveground work and guard duty.

What is the stack size for metal pellets? A 100 when they are found in a box, but what about when they are made? Can someone confirm that a stack of a 100 steel pellets will indeed find its way into somepony's quiver? I've read somewhere that quiver can only hold up to 90 items, but am not sure if this is true. In any case, consider having 2 stacks of 50 rather than one stack of a 100. I also think that producing pellets from metal bars should make 50 of them. Maybe even 2 stacks of 50. Pellets are small and weak, so the reaction should be pretty efficient.

I've got a sublime though: reverse-engineering. Say someone got a hold of some rifles, but no such luck with a schematics. He has a good weaponsmith and wants some quality bonuses. The answer is reverse-engineering. Take no less than 3 and no more than 10 of some item, no less than 4 and no more than 11 silk paper, disassemble the weapons / armour and make a schematics. The reaction should be lengthy. Maybe even split it into lengthy reactions that produce "partial schematics" and then a reaction to combine them. This would be prone to paralellisation, but would also need more overall work. Maybe this could only be made at a "reverse-engineering workshop", requiring some furniture and a terminal and the reactions itself would need a toolbox (preserved), lens (preserved), and battery (depleted).
The goal is to make reverse-engineering into a viable, but not preferred method for obtaining schematics. Viable items for reverse-engineering include most, it not all, the things for which schematics exist. Not all reactions need to require the same amount of input items. A combat helmet should be easier to figure out (and require 3 helmets) than an AMR (requires ten of them).

If you want some kind of filter for our suggestions as well as give us a glimpse of what's coming, consider adding some sort of //TODO list to first post.

Power Armours in FoE have healing potion and drug injectors and sometimes healing talismans. Wearing a Power Armour (and maybe a scorpion Armour to some degree) should give the pony a better healing rate and a "perk" that they can use to boost their combat effectiveness. Power Armours also have EFS and SATS. I'm not sure if this is possible to do and how to avoid bugs (soldiers took PA off, but kept its perks, or removed his "SATS" perk or whatever).

If you are going to have Dashite and ghoul citizens, you might as well throw in the rare donkey.

I keep getting wave after wave of feral dogs and I'd like some variety. Such as feral cats, sheep, cows, giant mantises and geckos.

I don't like the idea of suicide bomber Sprite-bots. I'd rather keep them and upgrade them with plasteel frame and a better pistol. I would only consider using exploding Sprite-bots if they blow up only when severely wounded / dying and there is a low chance of friendly fire.
EDIT: Or just, you know, do something creative. Keep them in (remotely operated) cages somewhere after the preliminary defence line. If a tough cookie or a building destroyer comes along, blow it up!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:02:30 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

If you are going to have Dashite and ghoul citizens, you might as well throw in the rare donkey.

I'm pretty sure that all surviving donkeys have mutated in to some sort of a tow headed unintelligent beast. Same way cows have turned into Brahmins.

But you know what would be really hilarious? a super rare chance to get a sentient Brahmin as a citizen  :P

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:57 pm »

In Murky Number Seven there is a Donkey citizen, Grindstone. But that is just one donkey in a sidefic, so canonically they well may be extinct / mutated or there might be a pocket of them somewhere.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88c beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #472 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:40 pm »

Version 0.88c is out with numerous fixes and adjustments in preparation for the larger update.

•   Test profession class: Assassin
     o   Stealthbuck, steel combat knife, combat pistol → assassin upgrade potion
     o   Assassin ponies will stealth and attempt to get close to their enemies when attacking.
     o   Assassins, Flamers, and Minigunners are mutually exclusive.
     o   Future versions will add instant-kill techniques against pony-type enemies.
•   Coal boxes now contain 3 coal boulders (27 fuel).
•   Coiled wiring now requires 3x frayed wiring to make.
•   Toolboxes are now components of the buildings that need them, not the reactions.
•   BB pellet boxes now have 500 pellets, in groups of 50.
•   Steel rangers have had their wealth trigger temporarily removed.
•   You can now make cloaks and socks.
•   Wastelander caravans may now bring coal, and slaver caravans boxes of medium caliber ammo.
•   Chain swords can now be made at the workbench.
•   Water can now be pressed from cactuses at the screw press.
•   Plywood now has a value of 1, and dismantling plywood furniture yields half of the boards originally used.
•   Nurse Redheart cooldown period reduced to 1 day (1200 time units)
•   The frequency of refuse objects from salvage has been reduced.
•   Disabled terminals now have a low chance of yielding RobronCo, Forge, and MAS processing matrices.
•   Pony teeth will no longer explode into dozens of pieces, but a few.
•   Numerous minor bugfixes.

As always, let me know if you encounter any issues.  :)

I'll have to get around to adding the features for the next update to the To-Do list...as reverse engineering is one of them. :-[ However, what I have in mind is quite similar to your suggestion Maklak, and you've mentioned a few things I haven't considered.

Wearable armor can't grant any bonuses, but I'm working on a solution to give power armor ponies various boosts.

The creature expansion is part of the Ministry of Peace arc.

The problem with sprite bots is that they're too fragile and small to justify upgrading them with improved armor and weaponry. As you've mentioned before, their antenna and wings are easily crippled, rendering them half-useless even with armor.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:37:30 pm by Lycaeon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 09, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »

Always had a soft spot for ghouls, myself (and I was always sad that I couldn't stop the Master from fucking up the Necropolis :c), so seeing them would be pretty cool. I can tell you now that I'll be trying at least one ghoul-only fort ;P

As do I. I keep seeing something like this:

1. Ghouls in there own heavly fortafied above-ground settlements, with good robots serving as the main defence.

2. Feral ghouls are placed in 3x3 underground chambers, isolated so that they do not rend eachother into tiny chunks. Snagging a Reaver or a Glowing one from the surface is a bonus. Ponies who have been sufficantly exposed to radiation get shoved into one of these chambers until they either turn or...well, if they dont, there not let out.

3. Non-ghoul ponies and damaged/crippled robots and livestock are sent down below to work in the industries and dig into the cavern layers. Slaves serve the first line of defence against the horrors below, with lucky survivers getting a chance for robobrainization.

I'm pretty sure that all surviving donkeys have mutated in to some sort of a tow headed unintelligent beast. Same way cows have turned into Brahmins.

Where was that said? Actualy, I can see them being akin to Point Lookout's Swampfolk on a bigger scale. You could have the largish "feel no pain and rages like crazy" big brutes, the actual normal-looking donkeys that has increased skills all around to set them apart from there stupid kin, and rare near-mindless alicorn-sized "Mules" that either come from the mating of a very unfortunate pony meeting a rapy donkey, or, according to them, the mating of one of the swamp donkey's foul gods mating with one of there worshipers. Either way, a semimegabeast-lever threat that can take anti-mechnine rounds to the face and can kick a power-armored ponies head off.

However, I would like donkey slaves, if only because there's no good reason not to have them. Even if there not ponies, I can see them being useful to have around: like earth ponies, they would have increases in most of the physical states, but donkeys would also have incredably "durable" personalities. Things like "sympathy" and "cheerfulness" get taken to almost pollyana-esqu levels while "anger" is nearly nonexistant." Best friend's get eaten by a radgator? Oh well, at least my legs have not been ripped off. Legs get ripped off? Well, at least my spine isn't broken." Of course, this nearly perfect laborer comes with a lack of a cuti mark and has the same penalties to skills as other slaves have, but there still useful in a place where your likely to be chainsawed in half by a unruly slaver.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 09, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

I can't add non-pony citizens, as they would have to be part of the stable pony creature (which is exclusively pony). Otherwise ponies would be able to give birth to donkeys and such (at least the rare ghoul or pegasus foal would be semi-reasonable, given radiation exposure and equestrian genetics).

Edit: I've added a list of tentative features for the next update to the front page.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:54:34 pm by Lycaeon »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:33 pm »

Congratulations on the update, but I'm not sure about savegame compatibility, so for the time being I think I'll stick with 0.88 I want to see what's further down the technology tree. The downside is that you won't get feedback for the fixes from me.

Preventing ponies from giving births to donkeys pretty much settles it. Even making them the members of wasteland civilisation would face the same problems when they are asked about families in adventure mode. There aren't enough of them for their own civilisation. Slaves or occasional feral donkey ghouls might still work.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 09, 2012, 03:59:45 pm »

On the new update: gening a world right now, going to see how good Assassins are.

On donkeys: Bugger. Maklak, pretty sure he cannot make donkey slaves convert if there not already in the stable pony creature, I think. Actualy, looking back, I might give the Swampdonkeys a try if Lycaeon is not going to, because Point Lookout was one of my favorite add ons and there's surprisingly few things in the swamps at the moment besides radgators and a few other nasties. 
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 09, 2012, 05:04:26 pm »

•   Toolboxes are now components of the buildings that need them, not the reactions.
oh nooooooo
I never actually found out how to make toolboxes, just salvaged them or brought them on embark.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 09, 2012, 05:06:46 pm »

They can be made just like any other tools at the metalsmith's forge.

I've added that to the general hints and tips.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 09, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »

As do I. I keep seeing something like this:

1. Ghouls in there own heavly fortafied above-ground settlements, with good robots serving as the main defence.

2. Feral ghouls are placed in 3x3 underground chambers, isolated so that they do not rend eachother into tiny chunks. Snagging a Reaver or a Glowing one from the surface is a bonus. Ponies who have been sufficantly exposed to radiation get shoved into one of these chambers until they either turn or...well, if they dont, there not let out.

3. Non-ghoul ponies and damaged/crippled robots and livestock are sent down below to work in the industries and dig into the cavern layers. Slaves serve the first line of defence against the horrors below, with lucky survivers getting a chance for robobrainization.

That's a pretty cool idea; I was just planning on sticking non-Ghouls in containment until I could expose them to radiation. Holding onto all the feral ones would be a pretty nice touch.

In Murky Number Seven there is a Donkey citizen, Grindstone. But that is just one donkey in a sidefic, so canonically they well may be extinct / mutated or there might be a pocket of them somewhere.

You red MN7 too? It's one of the very few side stories I was ever interested in.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 210