Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477105 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88e beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »

After more hunting in the untamed wilds, the sun started to set and in a fit of temporary insanity, Hawk and Glove decided to go to sleep.
In the middle of the untamed wilds.
Hawk was woken by Glove's dying screams as a swarm of paradors ate him alive. Hawk tried fighting them, but with only three body parts there wasn't much she could do to hurt them, and once Glove died and the swarm turned its attention to her she fled into the night. During her half-blind running she ran face-first into a band of raiders. Disembowelment Scabmire the Master and his lasher minion both attacked at the same time, and thankful for an opponent she could actually hurt Hawk met their challenge.
This wasn't a good idea.
A lucky hit from the lasher broke her leg, and without being able to maneuver it didn't take long for Hawk to get herself killed.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »

That's pretty much what happened the first time I ran into a cazador. :P

Taking notes on what happens to these less fortunate wastelanders for when I get around to adventure mode. Some balancing will probably be needed.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 14, 2012, 12:13:45 am »

Actsearch the mud pony aims to succeed where her betters could not. While normally such presumptuousness from the lower caste would be crushed the moment it was discovered, she has proven herself to be quite resourceful.
She was hunting radrats (something which I think is going to be a staple of my adventurers from now on) when a pair of yao guai showed up to steal her kills. Like any mud pony, though, Actsearch was stubborn, and instead of fleeing and leaving them to their meal she took them on with nothing but a copper ripper. An hour of effort later, the two creatures lay dead at her hooves along with a dozen radrats. Wielding an *iron shiv* she made out of a yao guai femur and an iron horseshoe, she is continuing on her hunting spree, determined to gain more valuable equipment before attempting to take on the wasteland.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 14, 2012, 12:20:33 am »

I took a look at the creature RAWs. Pretty much the only wild things even worth bothering with are Feral Dogs, Coyotes, Wolves, Mornitor Lizards, Pythons and Anacondas. The rest is either too small to count, grazers or not tameable. GCS, Cave Crocodiles and Dragons can't be pets anymore! There aren't even giant cats. And, just as Crazy Cow said, Scorpions aren't tameable.

This... is in line with Stable Dwellers not really being good at taming wild animals, but it is still disappointing. I was hoping to get a tame GCS, or a Cave Crocodile egg farm, or scorpion protectors or... something else fun.

Oh well, cage traps are still a viable means of defence until I get thousands of bronze bars to spend on weapon traps and robots are a suitable replacement for pets. I guess I'll get some dogs too. They are pathetically weak, but are cheap and can sacrifice themselves to buy their owner some time to escape.

Oh and by the way, during that lockdown I got a mental image of Steel Rangers, Slavers and Radscorpions bro-hoofing over all the misery each of them brings upon my ponies.

Do you have any hints for painless disposal of contents of cages? I'd rather recycle the cages than atom-smash them and releasing a scorpion or a disarmed and disrobed Steel Ranger is still a bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:34:28 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 14, 2012, 01:20:54 am »

Do you have any hints for painless disposal of contents of cages? I'd rather recycle the cages than atom-smash them and releasing a scorpion or a disarmed and disrobed Steel Ranger is still a bad idea.

Build them, link them to a lever, isolate, destroy.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 14, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

I remember why I hate adventuring now...
Actsearch died to the first two bandits she attacked. A lucky shot to her hoof stopped her from outrunning her opponents.
Again.
To hell with this; I'm going back to fortress mode ;P

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »

Which is why I gave the explanation that any other armor a power armored pony wears is basically welded on. An in-game explanation for something you can't work around.

Fallout Tactics is indeed best game. Based on my limited play time and what I've read, I like Fallout 2 better over the first. In 2 I stopped after helping out ol' what's-his-name out of his slaver problems. In the first I stopped when my first party member died to rad scorps and I knew there was no way I'd be able to clear that place out by myself.

As for the Khans, people can always escape. You can see this with gangs in previous decades. One gang member shows up to town or neighborhood, suddenly there's twenty of them. It ain't too hard to recruit other people, and that's basically the explanation given for the Khans being around in New Vegas. Some escaped the massacre and started back up.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:05 pm »

As for the Khans, people can always escape. You can see this with gangs in previous decades. One gang member shows up to town or neighborhood, suddenly there's twenty of them. It ain't too hard to recruit other people, and that's basically the explanation given for the Khans being around in New Vegas. Some escaped the massacre and started back up.

No, you literally wipe every last Khan out in FO2.

You meet this old guy with a flamethrower that tells you that he is the last survivor of the original khans, and you kill him and his entire gang.
Also your name is Pat and you are new there.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 14, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

No, you literally wipe every last Khan out in FO2.

You meet this old guy with a flamethrower that tells you that he is the last survivor of the original khans, and you kill him and his entire gang.
Also your name is Pat and you are new there.

The great khan could be copycats, or simply a coincidance. The same way that if every memeber of the real life "hell angels" will deside to hang his motorcicle halmet and quit at the same time, you can bet that in less than a decade a new "hell angels" will form.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 14, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »

I keep severely underestimating radscorpions.
They seem to be either no problem at all or murdering the entire stable and getting titles. It's happened 3 times now. There's never an inbetween where one will bother a guard on the surface or anything, they're always in the middle of my dining hall injecting venom into everything.

New policy on wildlife is to kill all of it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 14, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »

I know I'm a bit late, but...

NV shared a lot of the dev team with 2 and even more with Van Buren.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2012, 07:23:36 pm »

I keep severely underestimating radscorpions.
They seem to be either no problem at all or murdering the entire stable and getting titles. It's happened 3 times now. There's never an inbetween where one will bother a guard on the surface or anything, they're always in the middle of my dining hall injecting venom into everything.

New policy on wildlife is to kill all of it.
Getting sick of wild dogs myself. 95% of the time they're just annoying, but every once in awhile they'll get a lucky nip in and kill a couple ponies.
And they're so darn plentiful... My current fort is a year and a half in and my turrets guarding my wagon have netted over 100 kills. Yet every pack I kill is instantly replaced by another spawning at the edge.

Good eats though.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »

Nothing to say here, but here's some artwork, courtesy from a girl at my school :3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2012, 07:43:57 pm »

Nothing to say here, but here's some artwork, courtesy from a girl at my school :3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A true work of art. You should commend her on her skills.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »

That's a great pic.

And, speaking of annoying wildlife: radrats.  Why do my turrets not shoot them?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 210