Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472757 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria…

There came an era when the ideals of friendship gave way to greed, selfishness, paranoia, and a jealous reaping of dwindling space and natural resources. Lands took up arms against their neighbors. The end of the world occurred much as we had predicted – the world was plunged into an abyss of balefire and dark magic. The details are trivial and pointless. The reasons, as always, purely our own. The world was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing; a magical spark struck by pony hooves quickly raged out of control. Megaspells rained from the skies. Entire lands were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the burning oceans. Ponykind was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the ambient radiation that blanketed the lands. A quiet darkness fell across the world…

A total conversion mod for Dwarf Fortress, inspired by Fallout:Equestria and its many side stories. Lead an expedition of stable dwellers across the balefire-scorched wastes, forging the last bastions of civilization in a world without kindness or laughter. With everything once dear and loved to you now scattered dust, where all that remains seeks your demise, from abominations twisted by radiation, to your fellow ponies, consumed by madness, you may survive, or even persevere…but will you retain your virtues?

Screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New to Dwarf Fortress?

General Tips and Hints

Technology Tips and Hints

Advanced Guides

Testimonials

DFHack Support

Factions

The Wasteland

The Ministries

Gemstones

Firearms and Armor

Workshops and Industries

Credits
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:20:37 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.70 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

Version Log

March/April Objectives

Known Bugs and Hotfixes

Adventure Mode
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:31:13 am by Lycaeon »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:35:33 pm »

Holy Chrismas

welp there goes my day!

DL faster DFFD!
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »

Step one: Download mod.

Step two: Download Valikdu's currant one, cull duplicate factions and such.

Step three: ???

Step four: Enjoy Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons:The Mod.

EDIT: Attempted to go to Arena mode.

Twenty minutes ago. Still loading.  :-*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:38:56 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12:04 am »

No way, another pony mod for DF, based on my favorite fic, using my favorite graphics pack?

That is awesome!
And it's not even Christmas yet! :D
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 04:59:22 am »

Good luck with the mod, it looks amazing!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »

Neverthemind, fixed that problem real quick.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:12:01 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »

I hope everyone enjoys the mod!  :D Just bear in mind that this is the stability-testing version - there are still numerous technologies (like the medical technology tree from the Ministry of Peace crates and talisman/spell matrix research and construction facilities), creatures (like balefire phoenixes and taint abominations), factions (Talon mercenaries), and other features to be developed and added.

While my own Stables haven't revealed anything out of the ordinary (Apart from a lot of salvage...I'm probably going to have to reduce percentages), I want to make sure there are no bugs with the existing features (especially thievery and invasions by the various factions) before the next version, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:00:20 pm by Lycaeon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 05:41:06 pm »

I hope everyone enjoys the mod!  :D Just bear in mind that this is the stability-testing version - there are still numerous technologies (like the medical technology tree from the Ministry of Peace crates and talisman/spell matrix research and construction facilities), creatures (like balefire phoenixes and taint abominations), factions (Talon mercenaries), and other features to be developed and added.

While my own Stables haven't revealed anything out of the ordinary (Apart from a lot of salvage...I'm probably going to have to reduce percentages), I want to make sure there are no bugs with the existing features (especially thievery and invasions by the various factions) before the next version, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

A (stupid and rather silly) request: is it possible to have a version without the ponies having castes for the purpose of cuti marks (or genetic variation)?

I have issues with speed with the mod, and the massive amount of time it takes for anything creature-related seems to be because of the large amount of duplicate castes.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »

A (stupid and rather silly) request: is it possible to have a version without the ponies having castes for the purpose of cuti marks (or genetic variation)?

I have issues with speed with the mod, and the massive amount of time it takes for anything creature-related seems to be because of the large amount of duplicate castes.

I'll look into it...can you provide more information about when the slowdowns occur and how they are creature-related?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »

I'll look into it...can you provide more information about when the slowdowns occur and how they are creature-related?

World gen is slowish, but not too bad. However, any attempt to load arena mode has been met with doom (I let it run for a hour and it still did not go into it).

To make sure that the files guilty for the slow-down were the ones with the cuti-mark castes and mass hair colors, I deleted the according creature files (Stable, Raider, Slaver, and Steel Ranger) and attempted to open arena. Worked like a charm. A attempt to open it with the Stable Dweller creature placed back in the files cause it to take the better part of ten minutes for arena to open. As such, one could safely say that one could blame the slowness on the currant hugeness of the pony creature files due to the massive amount of castes and/or the hair color files.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 09:32:23 pm »

Ah, that would be a computer issue then, as my laptop runs everything rather well. I have however released the cut-down files for all pony-based creatures in the newest update (Essentially identical to the original but for the attached folder with condensed ponies), so you can replace any combination of the pony files with a condensed version. This will result in no cutie marks and rather uniform color traits, but should increase speed accordingly.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 09:37:28 pm »

Ah, thank you. Now, to see if my fort can survive with only basic-level spells. :P

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 11:07:29 pm »

Been playing the mod most of the day and I love it so far.  I do have an issue, though.  Organization.  I have a stone stockpile that has filled up with scrap metal.  Good, right?  But it's supposed to be for my mason instead of my smelter, and scrap metal doesn't appear to be something I can restrict/allow in the settings of the stockpile.  Additionally, all normal stone is listed as economic, so my rocksalt goes in the same pile as gypsum unless I go through and individually set only the stone that can actually be worked with.

So... I'm basically asking for some easier stone sorting.  It's certainly playable (and quite fun still), but it can definitely be improved.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »

Been playing the mod most of the day and I love it so far.  I do have an issue, though.  Organization.  I have a stone stockpile that has filled up with scrap metal.  Good, right?  But it's supposed to be for my mason instead of my smelter, and scrap metal doesn't appear to be something I can restrict/allow in the settings of the stockpile.  Additionally, all normal stone is listed as economic, so my rocksalt goes in the same pile as gypsum unless I go through and individually set only the stone that can actually be worked with.

So... I'm basically asking for some easier stone sorting.  It's certainly playable (and quite fun still), but it can definitely be improved.

My scrap metal goes into my metal ore stockpile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 210