Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472630 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.71d beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:35 pm »

Thanks. Every piece of feedback will go into improving the later versions - including suggestions for new features ;). The development list is long...very long...and it's going to be a week or so before I get the time to crank out a large update, so in the meantime, I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:15:54 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 04:04:54 am »

Just lost my stable to a Steel Ranger ambush, heh.  So here I am with (maybe) a few more bugs and a wishlist of things to have added.

Potential bugs:  Crutches, splints, and maybe buckets seem to not be classified as anything to go into a stockpile.  I tend to make a master pile with just about everything heading there first, but splints, buckets and crutches from embark just sit where the wagon was.

Are the Rangers all trap avoid?  Or do they learn of the traps if a scout survives?  I thought I killed them all...

Wishlist!

Turrets!  The Masterwork mod has a way of doing them which works pretty well, if you want some inspiration.  Also: Energy weapons.  Please?  Pretty please?  And finally, a different way to train using the terminals?  Mostly in relation to the combat trainings.  It's a lot of micromanagement to assign just my fighting ponies to individual terminals.  Maybe make a military terminal that works like a weapon rack/armor stand, so multiple ponies can train on their marksponyship?

I am loving this mod so far, and look forward to whatever you cook up next! :D
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 10:34:59 am »

Not sure that he can really do energy weapons, I mean, not in the conventional sense.
The DF weapon system is kinda limited, with weapon effects (such as melting and whatnot) being restricted to creatures.

There was another mod where the creator described the problem and said that the only way to really add plasma weapons was by attaching them to robot creatures and stuff.

You can alter damage and knockback by changing the weight and material of the ammo as well as modifying the force of the weapon, but that is still going to leave ammo on the ground when the target is missed and will have the same uncanny side effect of vanilla ranged weapons being miniature railguns that punch through any armor.

Robots would be cool as fuck though, maybe brain bots that require a pony to be sacrificed (for the brain) to be made?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »

Not sure that he can really do energy weapons, I mean, not in the conventional sense.
The DF weapon system is kinda limited, with weapon effects (such as melting and whatnot) being restricted to creatures.

There was another mod where the creator described the problem and said that the only way to really add plasma weapons was by attaching them to robot creatures and stuff.

You can alter damage and knockback by changing the weight and material of the ammo as well as modifying the force of the weapon, but that is still going to leave ammo on the ground when the target is missed and will have the same uncanny side effect of vanilla ranged weapons being miniature railguns that punch through any armor.

That's why I called it a wishlist :P  I don't know much about actually modding, but there should be a way to simulate some of the effects.  Lasers were always great against light (non-metal) armors in the game, and (in the first two) were more about slicing instead of disintegrating.  Plasma would often go through even the best armor.  So make a laser shot be relatively soft with a good edge and plasma a piercing shot with lots of hardness to go through things?  Or make them lob magma around?  Like I said, I'm unsure what's actually possible with mods.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »

And then pick up "laser shots" from the battlefield :P. There's no way to make non-physical projectiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »

Might be able to just rename it and have occasional surprise when there're more microfusion cell or small energy cells randomly :D

It'd look odd in combat report, but it'd work well enough to keep a proper atmosphere. ( Well I don't looks at combat report too often! )

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 01:35:19 pm »

And then pick up "laser shots" from the battlefield

I enjoy this mental image :D

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »

Uh, I think the herbalist CM class learning rate is a bit too high.
I got mine to legendary just five minutes after embarking, just saying.

Spoiler: Picture unrelated (click to show/hide)
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 02:04:04 pm »

So automated turrets and robots are next in line, along with changes to ponies in power armor...given that I just watched a Unity alicorn tear the power armor suit off a steel ranger and beat him to death with it. :o

As for terminals...the Stable-Tec Terminal is a placeholder and is intended for only basic skills and spells. More Ministry Terminals will follow (For example, a Ministry of Peace Terminal will be required to learn from surgery hologems, as well as develop advanced drugs like Rad-X, while the Ministry of Wartime Technology Terminal will account for military training skills).

I've encountered the same problems with energy weapons as described during development, so they are low-priority for now, except maybe for interactions limited to robots.

As for cutie marks...I considered herbalism to be an easy skill, among others, so I improved its learning rates...and combined with the natural earth pony bonus this may lead to some high learning rates with certain talents. This cutie mark system is a holdover from my first mod, but I eventually intend to upgrade it along with everything else.

All of my animals (Yes, even cats) have natural skill levels (corresponding to instinct) to increase their deadliness in combat. It's why even feral dogs can take down ponies when in masse, and is especially !!FUN!! for more dangerous creatures. :D

Again, thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

Edit: Steel rangers and Unity alicorns have trapavoid, as otherwise cage traps would become the preferred means of defense rather than clever Stable construction. ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:22:17 pm by Lycaeon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »

So automated turrets and robots are next in line, along with changes to ponies in power armor...given that I just watched a Unity alicorn tear the power armor suit off a steel ranger and beat him to death with it. :o

"Steelhooves, no!"

Amusing image aside, how are you going to approach robots? I would hate-love to deal with rouge assault 'bots in a irradiated ruin. What would they consist of, exactly? Any chance for a giant Liberty-Prime style alicornish horror to be a megabeast? What about ponytrons and such? Horizons has several that I would like to see rend my poor little ponys to gibs. Perhapes, if you upgraded enough in certiant tech trees, one could "install" certant "programes" into robots to make them function differently, al la MKll Potectrons?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 08:31:26 pm »

Nice catch Khenal! I usually don't bring crutches and splints on embark...so I totally didn't notice scrap items not being stockpiled. ??? It's due to their being made of salvage wood, which doesn't have a stockpile material setting. This will be fixed by the next version, but for now avoid bringing salvage items (scrap/makeshift/antique) on embark or making items out of salvage.

And Pokon, while I'm starting with basic robots like the protectapony, robobrain, and sprite-bot, the tech tree approach is spot on. You'll be able to bring a basic Mr. Hooves on embark (As well as purchase from Stable trade caravans) and upgrade it either to a Mr. Macintosh or a Nurse Redheart using a Ministry of Wartime Technology or Ministry of Peace terminal stall and the necessary parts. Granted that this is just a basic outline, it'll be much more fleshed out by the time development is done. And there'll be plenty of hostile bots running around as well. ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:38:27 pm by Lycaeon »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »

Ah, that's why.  I was wondering why my ponies were ignoring some barrels I had extra, heh.  The robotics stuff sounds awesome, especially a healing bot.  I am abysmal at getting/keeping/training doctors.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »

You could get rouge healing bots, too:

A crazy nurse robot with needles, saws, and strange gasses and drugs that makes ponies unable to move? Worth a few dead ponies.

A crazy nurse robot with needles, saws, and strange gasses and drugs that makes ponies unable to move locked outside with a unassuming group of raiders? Priceless.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:53 am »

This is proving to be rather difficult. I finally got a fort in 71c to live on a pure vegetarian diet (The way it's SUPPOSED TO BE DAMMIT). And now even though I brought loads of seeds I can't seem to stabilize my food intake. Not saying that's a bug or anything, it just looks ridiculous to me that thinking herbalism is too OP when I can barely find any plants to pick clean.

On the plus side this fort is completely encapsulated with overland and underground farms. And I haven't had any problems with dogs either. More of a nuisance really. I looked away for a second and my wagon was littered with dog bodies. Also can't wait to test my murderhall against Steel Rangers. 3x13 walkway filled with serrated disc traps with a few cage traps. Each side of the walkway has a pit with upright spear traps to catch those pesky dodgers. Haven't gotten the pit set up. What's a good depth for a good murder pit?

Also, are you building turrets to function like siege weapons that have to be manned, or automated ones? And I can't seem to plant barrel cacti at all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:44:10 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 01:15:25 pm »

Automated turrets will work like immobile pets you can chain or pasture at chokepoints, which will attack any enemies in range. They'll be especially useful for steel rangers and Unity alicorns, who have trapavoid. Power armor almost completely protects from straight falls - you'll need a good height and steel spikes at the bottom to do much damage. The changes I'm planning will fix that, but for now anti-machine rifles and armor piercing rounds are recommended.

Cactuses don't have the [WET] tag, so they can only grow in dry places...that's probably why they can't be planted.

I'm quite busy this week, so I'm gathering suggestions and bugfixes for the time being. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 210