Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472806 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.75 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:44 am »

I've noticed something really strange about trading that I doubt is related to your mod.

Caravans are unable to reach my site despite the entire map being deforested and there being 3 tile wide corridors leading into my compound, when the wagonless caravan shows up all they bring is leather, cloth and food and nothing else.
Another weird thing is that my prepared foods are not showing up properly in the trade depot anymore, they exist and if I search the name they sometimes show up (big tasty
stews for one never show up however), another funky thing regarding that is that some prepared foods aren't properly stored in barrels either, but that is indiscriminate and at random.
This is pretty much mucking things up for me, as I rely more on trade than actual industry to get things done.

Is anyone else having these types of issues or is there some funny business I am missing here?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:33 am »

That is indeed odd. My last stable had wastelander caravans showing up with wagons and everything at the depot being sorted just fine, though my corridor is 4 tiles wide.

Have you tried deconstructing and rebuilding the trade depot? It could also be a problem with that particular generated world or embark area.

In other notes, turrets are the last thing on the development list. Hopefully I'll have the new update out by tomorrow.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2012, 02:40:26 am »

I have an airlock system for my traders. I have a 5 wide teeny tiny corridor ending in a bridge with a 3 wide. I never get trader problems.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »

Do you keep your depot secure with bridges/traps/etc?  Wagons won't show up if there is not a line to the depot at the moment the caravan shows up.  Wagons won't cross traps, and a raised bridge will keep them from coming in as well.  About the food and such, I don't know.  I never did much with a food industry.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2012, 04:53:55 pm »

I figured it out.

There was a single boulder right in front of my 4 tile wide compound entrance that I missed.
Motherf-
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.85 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2012, 05:48:21 pm »

Update: Gears of Progress
Part 2 of the Ministry of Wartime Technology

Stable-Tec in partnership with RobronCo has thoughtfully provided its clients with the latest in robotics technology! From the friendly Mr. Hooves, ready to serve all your maintenance needs, to the protectaponies that stand ever-ready to defend against undesired visitors from the apocalypse, robots will ensure your temporary stay in our world-class Stables will be as comfortable and safe as possible.

Disclaimer: Stable-Tec is not responsible for errors in robot programming caused by shoddy maintenance.

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As always, I greatly appreciate feedback on any issues encountered as well as suggestions for improvements. I hope everyone enjoys the new update! 

Credits for the poster image go to Pixelkitties!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:53:40 pm by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2012, 05:59:40 pm »

D'aw, and I just got everything set up perfectly, I leveled the entire map, smoothed every boulder, built several perimeter walls and turned the entire embark site into an unbreachable killing zone.
Still, it was a good run, 144 kills and 4 losses isn't that bad.

Time for robot wars!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:01 pm »

Woo, robots!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2012, 07:24:12 pm »

Finally, now I can start a playthrough for my brony group.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

Second time I've downloaded, and it still won't extract fully.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »

I just tried it and it worked fine...maybe you can try a different extractor? I use winrar.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2012, 08:17:32 pm »

So do I. 3rd try was the charm.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2012, 08:32:27 pm »

Yo, this is just a small bug of no real importance, but every time I try to abandon a fortress, DF just crashes as a whole. The fort still stays there and it essentially means that I have to recreate an entirely new world for every fort I wish to embark on, and that I can't try to reclaim my fort. I'm not finding anything else too bad, just thought I'd give a little feedback to this awesome mod. Keep up the awesome work.
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2012, 09:08:20 pm »

My sprite bots are the most boss things ever.

One of them picked a fight with three black radscorpions.
I figured he'd be a goner, but then he did the most amazing thing ever.
He baited the three scorpions to a murky pool, dodged two of their attacks, causing two of them to fall into the pool and drown.
Then for absolutely no reason at all the third scorpion just legged it, leaving the sprite bot with a missing wing which it shrugged off as just a flesh wound before resuming it's patrol.

The turrets are also really nice, I have six of them mounted on a small temporary wall I built around my entrance and they open fire immediately on any hostile wildlife that come into range.
They don't really do much damage in their upgraded form but they make a really good deterent, so far they have chased away two packs of feral dogs, a couple of radhogs and five black radscorpions.
Can't wait til I get minigun upgrades for them. :D

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2012, 09:22:26 pm »

I abandon just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 210