Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472844 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.87b beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:38 pm »

Black scorps are not so tough if you bring steel machetes to the embark.
They slice through them like hot knives through butter.

But eh, standing by for new version so I can do another embark on an irradiated evil biome.

Did you get the water talisman going or will that be in later version?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »

...well. Turns out that dumping items into magma makes magma mist now. I tried emptying out room for a bar stockpile by dumping spare stone into the holes I made for my magma forges, and... at least I only lost one unicorn during that particular experience ;P

EDIT:
And it all went downhill from there. Two ponies are stark raving mad, one is melancholy, one went berserk, and one had a tantrum and murdered the Overmare. Time for a reclaim!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:06:37 pm by Crazy Cow »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2012, 02:26:39 pm »

Version 0.88 beta has been released with several bugfixes and new features.

•   All evil biomes are now deathlands, with higher concentrations of high-quality salvage and dangerous creatures.
•   Normal savage biomes are now irradiated, with some high-quality salvage and irradiated creatures.
•   Viewrange for all sniper-capable pony talents increased.
•   New building: Pony Resources Center: Here you may process pony slaves purchased from slave traders.
     o   Rehabilitating slaves requires a crutch, splint, cloth, and drinks, and is performed by an animal caretaker.
     o   Permanently enslaving slaves doesn't consume any resources, but the resulting slaves are less capable than rehabilitated ponies.
     o   Both rehabilitated and enslaved ponies cannot be drafted into the military or nobility until they have performed something notable like crafting a masterwork object.
•   New building: Water Pump: Uses a water talisman to generate a single 7/7 tile of water when constructed over a pit.
     o   The pump must be deconstructed after each reaction to release the water. Each pump will only produce one 7/7 tile regardless of reaction run number.
     o   Cover the pit with grates so that the water talisman isn't washed into the pit!

•   Changes have been made to the base DF folder, so there is no raws only version for this update.

As always, enjoy the update and let me know if there are any issues!  :)

Credits go to Urist Da Vinci for the water generation concept.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:56:15 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:33 pm »

I'll DL it when my reclaim falls.
Speaking of which, I've settled down in my old new home without a hitch. Among other things, I found out that I got a Rarity statuette that I never noticed! Once I get a glass box I'm dropping that beauty in my meeting room. I've also got a prismatic smelter and the magma forges so many died for running, and steel production is in full swing.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2012, 04:57:49 pm »

Cool.
What can you tell me about the frequency of water talismans?
How often are they usually found?

I'll DL it when my reclaim falls.
Speaking of which, I've settled down in my old new home without a hitch. Among other things, I found out that I got a Rarity statuette that I never noticed! Once I get a glass box I'm dropping that beauty in my meeting room. I've also got a prismatic smelter and the magma forges so many died for running, and steel production is in full swing.

You use the statuettes to build some type of workshop that... produces boulders?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Build it and see what it does!
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2012, 05:05:32 pm »

Water talismans, as in the novel, are very rare...they are found at low frequency in Stable-Tec crates.

The boulders evaporate to produce a stat-boosting syndrome unique to each statuette that lasts for about a week.

Edit: I'm probably going to make the boost by interaction in the next version so  that it lasts longer and you can see a reports announcement.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:14:34 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »

You use the statuettes to build some type of workshop that... produces boulders?
The "boulders", along with the other 6 types, are basically gases with a syndrome resulting in varying stat increases of 20%, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: ninja'd

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »

It makes boulders which then evaporate and transfer syndromes to my ponies. These specific ones just add slight stat boosts, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT:
Double-ninja'd :c

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:26 am »

Had my first Alicorn encounter.

She just...stood outside the fortress, presumably looking thoughtful and nibbling on what passes for grass. Thankfuly. I had lost my only protectapony to a Hellhound, and the fort probably would not have survived what the purple alicorn could have done. Probably.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2012, 08:12:40 am »

I Just had the wierdest bug, when i tryed to embark by planing carfully "antique cruches" and "antique wheelbarrow" as defult embark gear, the wheelbarrow was worth 4000 points, and every cruch was warth 800 points.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:51 am »

Oh right, forgot that boulders can turn into gas, thanks for clearing that up for me, all three of you.

So I set up a nice new fort in the new version in the arctic waste.
Thing is, this embark has water as early as the first cavern layer, so the water talisman isn't really needed.
Still I'll try and get ahold of one and make a private reservoir of stagnant water.

It would have been better if the water talisman was available on embark, as that is when it is needed the most and it's only use is to do just that, create water for desolate forts, but I understand if you want to keep it as a rare find for balancing and challenge purposes.

I Just had the wierdest bug, when i tryed to embark by planing carfully "antique cruches" and "antique wheelbarrow" as defult embark gear, the wheelbarrow was worth 4000 points, and every cruch was warth 800 points.

Unavoidable bug caused by the "scrap" technically being trees.
You can cheat and use the extra points or ignore it and replace them with normal wood.
You want to prevent using scrap materials for embark items, as they are worth quite a bit and may attract unwanted visitors.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:46 am »

So my fort's been going extremely well lately. At first, we would get nothing but black radscorpion after black radscorpion, I took Replica's advice and decided it was time to give 'em the "ol' chop-chop". Unfortunately, they took my original broker with all the skills needed to run my trade and my original woodcutter before I evicted their black chitin-asses. After a slight boost in my own morale after seeing all those dead radscorpions, I drafted more than half of all my ponies into the military and when they weren't training, they were making furniture and weapon racks to give out and boost morale (it's actually kind of funny when even the babies have five weapon/armor racks in their possession).

After a year or so, I finally run across an Outcast ambush (or rather, it comes across me). Ohshit.jpeg. I order all of my civilians into the meeting hall and I place all of my troops into the hallway leading into the base. All of a sudden:

Snatcher! Protect the children!

etc...

I start planning the layouts for my next base. But then, something awesome happens, the snatchers and the ambushers start fighting it out. At the end of it all, only two hammmerponies were left, easily being dispatched by 20 Competent Swordponies. Life can be pretty cool sometimes.
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:58 am »

In the meanwhile I've grown to become an expert in black radscorpion combating, they used to be my bane and now they are nothing but valuable resources.

Build a butcher shop early on and tannery and you'll get access to their chitin and meat, which can prove to be invaluable early meat supplies and leather armor for your soldiers early on.
If you have lots of turrets like I do they will often get bruised and shattered, which makes them easy targets for your inexperienced milita, a large "killing room" filled with pastured turrets helps in making the whole procedure safer for you and your milita.

My fortress would be suffering from an early starvation period if it weren't for their meat.
My next step is capturing them and weaponizing their powerful venom against my enemies.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:21 pm »

Black Radscorpions? The worse I ever got from them is a chipped hoof. I just let them rot and process the tons of chitin I get from all the severed parts.; getting chitin instead of bone is pretty awesome. It helps that I always embark with three fully armed swordsponies, I guess.

Sorry to dissapoint, Replica, but you can't tame radscorpions. I already tried ;P

Now, Lycaeon, you've probably already considered this, but what made you pick trees for salvage over shrubs? Using shrubs has the advantage of not being used for strange things and also gives skill-based return (although I'm not sure how well reactions would handle low-quality salvage [4]; I never go that far in my own mods ;P). You can also set the frequency and growth rate of shrubs, so you won't have awkward piles of scrap growing back that you have to handwave.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:21:27 pm by Crazy Cow »

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2012, 12:34:22 pm »

I don't get how you guys don't have trouble with these annoying pests. It seems that every fort I build, they always take out someone really important by basically surrounding the poor sap when he's getting a drink. Though I am setting up more and more defense along the river, I just can never buy enough turrets because merchants only carry a max of one, if any at all. But I also got this neat little bug where spritebots would somehow get into inaccessible locations (like on top of walls) and basically become permanent snipers.

I'm just happy I found the key to pony happiness: free weapon and armor racks for everypony!
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 210