Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472583 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2012, 12:57:50 am »

That's... fourteen dead slavers spread out in two ambushes; these barbed wire traps are fucking amazing. I can't even tell what color my trade depot used to be ;P
My fortress is also up to twenty members! Nearly half the fort is made of slave labor now.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2012, 06:05:15 am »

Sweet Celestia, you've all been having a massive party without me.

I don't get how you guys don't have trouble with these annoying pests. It seems that every fort I build, they always take out someone really important by basically surrounding the poor sap when he's getting a drink.

A simple solution to that problem, alcohol and lots of it. Also farm construction on day one for distilling. I may not be able to boast about insane military victories or even having a competent military, but I always have my ponies stuffed with more fruits and vegetables than they know what to do with.

Robots are not cheap. A spritebot on embark costs ~125 points, a turret ~250, and a protectapony 1,000 points.

Getting lucky with getting antique salvage tools solves the embark problem. Parade of stone bins and crafts solves the trading one.

My fort continues. Man, those dogs and ghouls are brutal. I got some more migrants, but nopony suited for the militia.

Most of my migrants have military skills to boot. Near all are at least armor users.

Caduceus, my doctor / hunter shot a dog with a BB gun so hard, that his teeth scattered around like confetti.

He had the Bloody Mess perk.

On the subject of brutality, where is this stuff called 'barbed wire' made and what does it do exactly? Do you put it in a weapon trap to make it work, what is this devil's wire?

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2012, 06:38:29 am »

I acctualy get the exploding teeth effect quite commonly in this Mod (never saw it happen in DF vanila thogh), it gets a bit rediculus at times.

One question that i have is why dose salvage priced so higly? this have the effect of getting your fortress to high tier weath very quickly. woulden't it make more sense that for the lowest quality salvage to be dirt cheap?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:45 am »

Guys, don't forget to salvage.
Build a Salvage Yard (found under furnaces) and start processing all the wood called "Salvage Logs".
You'll get crates and other shit which you can open at the Workshop, the amount of loot and it's value varies but when opening weapon crates you may end up with several steel grade weapons and trap components.
And that's just from Low and Medium Quality salvage.

It may actually be profitable to import high quality salvage from traders now that I think about it, it's a gamble, but with luck you could end up with loot worth way more than what you paid for it.

Also do not use the salvage logs to build things.

1) Ponies don't have cave adaptation.
2) They can't go without clothes, they need shoes and a shirt.

They can be cave adapted, but I don't think it'll cause vomiting.

Creatures can be cave adapted without even having the CAVE_ADAPT tag in their creature file?
Hum...

EDIT:

Special delivery for Crazy Cow.
Unicorn migrant.

Also this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:26:43 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:44 am »

On the subject of brutality, where is this stuff called 'barbed wire' made and what does it do exactly? Do you put it in a weapon trap to make it work, what is this devil's wire?

It's a trap component you get from salvage (and you get a lot of it; I'm sitting a on a dozen of them). Put three or four in a weapon trap and it breaks anything that stands on it.

And that's just from Low and Medium Quality salvage.

It may actually be profitable to import high quality salvage from traders now that I think about it, it's a gamble, but with luck you could end up with loot worth way more than what you paid for it.

Also do not use the salvage logs to build things.

Low salvage is pretty much useless after a while. You get some odds and ends, yeah, but the Ministry crates are in the medium-quality salvage and those are what really drive the tech tree up. I always just focus on finding the medium-quality salvage and toss the low-quality stuff in my normal wood stockpiles and make furniture out of it.

Special delivery for Crazy Cow.
Unicorn migrant.

Also this.

A true hero, he is. Can you tell me more about him? ;P

EDIT:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:25:56 am by Crazy Cow »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:49 am »

There is no such thing as "bad salvage", all salvage is good, and the crap you get from low quality salvage is probably needed to build some things out of the better salvage.
I mean, all that wiring has to be used for something, doesn't it?

As for the unicorn Bean Rabbitglad, there is not much to tell really.

He is a muscular hunk of a stallion with a golden yellow coat and maroon mane and tail and a cutiemark of an assault rifle and a magazine, he is an adept gunner and one of two rifleponies (ie ponies who specialize in ranged weapons) in my fort of 64.
He has a wife and son living elsewhere who he apparently doesn't give a shit about seeing how he jumped on the first best migrant wave to my desolate tundra to live like hell and share 12 beds with 64 sweaty and angry ponies.
He is also the owner of an artifact brahmin bone BB rifle somepone created a while back, called "The Sandal of Beaches".

So far he has gotten zero kills while in my fort, but I am in the stage where I am planning out my milita and isolating myself from the surface.
Raiders and slavers have begun sending the odd ambush and the low amount of salvage I get from putting my scavengers at risk in the cold tundra, snowstorms and black radscorpions is ending up being more trouble than it's worth, so I have taken to digging out large areas in the soil layer for low quality salvage and gone to the caves for medium-high salvage.
Great things are expected of Bean once I get some proper target practice set up for him and his partner.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:02 am »

Keep me posted on him, eh? ;P

EDIT:
  Root Pinebrush, Elite Flamer, is a specimen nearly equal to a unicorn. The annual raider ambush showed up, a squad of gunners led by a hammerpony, and I sent Root out there to get a bit of combat experience.
  She stumbles face-first into three more ambushes, more than twenty raiders. I call up my swordsponies to deal with the threat, fully expecting to find the raiders playing hot potato with her spleen. When they get there, though, she is still standing. Both of her hindlegs are shattered in several places, she's got welts across her body from the lashers, but she's still brawling with twenty of them at once. She doesn't flee when the unicorns show up and start wading through the sea of blood, either; she's in extreme pain, dragging herself around and doing her best to make these raider's lives as miserable as possible.
  During the fighting, Tempest Soundblaze Crystalpear was set on by no less than five lashers. Even armor forged from star metal itself wasn't enough to turn away their silver whips, and once her body was so broken it was impossible for her to stand, a cowardly raider spat in her face and crushed her skull underhoof.
  Boar Swimsilk, Elite Swordspony, avenged Tempest's death by goring the raider that killed her through the eye with her horn. Not a single raider escaped from the fortress of Sheenreign that day.
  Right now my ponies are focusing on clearing out the desiccated raider corpses before they start growing mold. Tempest will receive a tomb befitting her status as a hero, but there are no ponies in the fortress ready to start training to take her place. Root is recovering from her wounds in the hospital, and while she may never be able to walk again she has proved herself to be far above her filthy blood.
  The fortress is nearly three years old now; four if you count our disastrous beginnings. I have yet to see an alicorn, but I will be ready for them when they arrive. For now I'm preparing to enter the lower caverns in order to hunt down some high-quality salvage; maybe I can get a MoAS terminal up and teach my two surviving officers some combat spells.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:27:42 pm by Crazy Cow »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »

The high value of salvage reflects the value of goods you gain from it.

And Crazy Cow, you don't need a MAS terminal to begin your spell research. Arcane terminals are enough, and those are built from Stable-Tec processing matrices. In fact, unless you have a unicorn with a magic-oriented cutie mark, you won't be able to use the advanced MAS spells anyway. The detailed description of the research tree is under Arcane Sciences in the workshops on the first page, along with a list of magic-oriented cutie marks.

Loving the Stable reports guys! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

Yeah, both of my surviving swordsponies can learn apprentice alteration spells. Nothing major, but perhaps that Blind spell can come in handy.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

I was left around 10 ponies with 4 foals. Despite being short on ponypower, by at least one slave I played on. I made a squad of 2 Unicorns with machetes, riot shields and security barding worn over clothes (albeit the horseshoes didn't fit, so may I can give them socks later). Despite poor quality equipment (my weapon / armoursmith died), they totally PWNed those feral dogs, thinning out packs of them without much trouble.

Traders from my home civilisation finally showed up. They made it to the depot without trouble and with one meal made of feral dog meat and about 2 screens of trash, I managed to buy some supplies, including food and a protectorpony.

I chained the protectorpony on a salvaged steel chain by the entrance and about in the middle of my temporary camp outside. It shoots in short bursts at anything trying to harass my ponies. To date it only managed to kill one bloatsprite, but about a dozen times a pack of feral dogs was going towards my camp, got pew-pewed and reconsidered after getting some internal organs bruised. There is now a ring of blood around my camp. A few Bloatsprites still managed to rush my food stockpile and steal some things, but most of them was kept at bay. I recently also discovered that I can train the protectorpony for war, but I have no idea if it did anything.
I apparently have a turret too, so I'll chain it for even more covering fire :) 

I also got a second anvil from the caravan (consider adding this to advice in first post) and could finally build gunsmith's forge. I made some pistols and will soon get ammo for them. Unfortunately my stash of lignite from embark run out, and I have to make charcoal. Luckilly I took some Saltpeter on embark too.

It turned out, my Tanner's workshop was actually a Leatherworker. Facepalm at all the lost feral dog leather.

I can make pellets out of all that feral dog bone. I wonder if this is sustainable, that is if shooting the dogs with dog bone pellets will kill enough of them to replace the pellets. If so, it would be a great training for my militia.

In late spring I got about 20 migrants and after sorting them out should be able to pursue more ambitious projects and get some ranged military. Now I may have too many ponies food and drink-wise, but I'll think of something. I'll have to look into farming carrots, beetroots or radishes. I think they get multiplied by the kitchen and some of them are brewable. If not, I can always hunt for more dogs and build a roof over my brook to prevent it from freezing.

One of the new migrants, an Armoursmith, got into a strange mood shortly after arriving. He made a riot shield out of iron and a piece of salvage. After loosing my weapon / armoursmith I lucked out and got an instant legendary. Too bad, I run out of fuel.

I should get a dining room and move more industries underground soon and with all those migrants I may even dare to touch hospitals again. All is well.

Pictures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

<--Previous
Next-->

After looking at some of of the raws, a few things are clearer.

I recommend embarking with bituminous coal / lignite and saltpeper and 2 anvils, if feasible. There is no need to bring any ore on embark; scrap metal from salvage can be efficiently made into bronze and brass.

I would prefer it if toolboxes were simply required to build some workshops, not be parts of reactions. Now they need to either be brought from stockpile / another workshop or just sit at my workshop. It is a minor annoyance.

Scrap metal is an ore of: iron (30%), copper (30%), tin (30%), aluminium (15%) and zinc (10%). Unless one wants to "Luck out" on iron or aluminium, it is much more efficient to "Make bronze from ore" and "Make brass from ore". That way you get 4 bars per ore or 8 per reaction. Bronze is good enough for weapons, barding and bullets (with brass for casing), at least for starters or mass production. Apart from getting scrap metal from salvage, I found a few small clusters of it in the ground.

I have some plasteel plates. They have value 150 and PWN steel. I'm guessing that starmetal is even better. I've also seen something about woven nanotubes in the RAWs. Anyway, what are the plates for? Robot parts? Or just smelting?

Pitchforks and knives are weapons, but not very good ones. They should do fine as weapon trap fillers, though. Smelting them is a waste of fuel.

I more or less figured out the gunpowder weapons.
Gunpowder is made at the Rock Grinder, preferably from Saltpetre. Otherwise you have to use 4 trees to get 4 gunpowder. Well, there are some "cremate" reactions, but they don't produce much.
 1 coal + 3 potash + sack -> 4 gunpowder
 1 coal + 1 saltpeter + sack -> 6 gunpowder
Ammo is made at Gunsmith's forge and all reactions require fuel.
 Small Ammo: 1x(metal +brass +gunpowder) -> 2x30 -> Revolver, Pistol, Little Macintosh.
 Medium Ammo: 2x(metal +brass +gunpowder) -> 2x28 -> Hunting Rifle, Combat Rifle, Ripper Rifle, Chainsaw Rifle.
 Large Ammo: 3x(metal +brass +gunpowder) -> 2x14 -> AMR, Minigun, Spitfire's Thunder.
Minigun misses from Large Ammo description in first post.
Those numbers seem arbitrary. Why stacks of 30, 28 and 14 and not 25 and 5, like in DF?
There is an AP variant of all these calibres, but there doesn't seem to be any difference.
With making bronze and brass out of plentiful scrap, potash and coal are the limiting factors in gunpowder production.
There is a reaction to pack medium ammo into a crate, but why do this?
I haven't figured out any differences between pistols and revolvers, but I assume revolvers are better.

I haven't figured pellets and BB guns yet, with the exception of making bone pellets at craftpony's workshop.

A crate of BBs only has a hundred of them. It should be a thousand or more to make it more in-line with other ammo crates.

Fountain building would have to create an aquifer tile to properly work, but that may not be even possible.

Stable citizens DO NOT START with BB rifles and pistols, they can just buy them on embark or make them quickly. The description in the first post is misleading. Well, unless you use the ambusher on embark trick. 

Cutie Marks should grant some natural skills, around 5 in main skill and 2 in similar / auxiliary skills would be good. In Cutie Pox, getting a cutie mark instantly granted some skill. Yes, this would be somewhat overpowered, but it makes sense. Plus raiders and other nasties can have CM's of their own.

Is there any use for spent laser bolts?

What is it with all the crates from salvage? I get aluminium and steel empty crates. It would make more sense to have bins. I am thankful for aluminium wheelbarrows, though. I don't have to make them out of wood that way.

I haven't yet figured out, what would be non-foreign "Terminator armour" in this mod, that is how much stuff I can wear with security barding.

A coal crate has 9 coke. That is laughable. If it was 9 bituminous coal or lignite, it wouldn't be.

Consider adding a crop guide. What is just for dye, what is breweable, what is processed into large stacks of food?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:42:34 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2012, 04:51:33 pm »

Crazy Cow, I forgot to mention that Unity alicorns are population triggered, so you might not get them in your current fort.

Maklak, plasteel plates are rather limited in use at the moment. They can be smelted down into bars at the prismatic smelter (Basically a smelter which doesn't require fuel, but needs a power talisman to build), which are used to forge scorpion power armor at the prismatic forge (An advanced gunsmith's forge that needs a power talisman and forge terminal). There will be more uses for them in future versions.

Your explanation of the ammunition system is pretty spot on, except miniguns (used in minigun battle saddles and turrets) use medium caliber ammo boxes, hence the reaction to pack medium caliber bullets. The AP reactions are just a shortcut for steel ammunition, as the normal ammunition reactions take any weapons-grade metal.

Revolvers and hunting rifles are wasteland exclusive weapons - your Stable can't produce them, but the combat pistol and combat rifle variants are superior in any case. BB gun pellets don't do much damage but can be massed produced for ranged weapon training. I've already changed the description in the first post about them.

Cutie marks don't have natural skill as then foals would start out with them. A small level of natural skill would make no difference in any case as a pony talented in a profession will easily train it above proficient level, and migrants usually arrive skilled in their talent anyways. Hostile civilization ponies used to have talents as well, but this dramatically slowed down gameplay so I left them with just the cutie marks.

Spent laser bolts should evaporate...though in some cases the DF temperature system will screw up and leave them solid. Let me know if they start building up.

I like your suggestion about opening crates producing bins instead of boxes. I'll consider implementing it in the next version.

At the moment, power armor and scorpion power armor are the strongest, but they can only be produced once you have advanced far down the tech tree, or if you get lucky in salvaging.

Thanks for the feedback Maklak! It's much appreciated. :D Your embark looks good as well, though your salvage industry is pretty exposed.

Edit: I'll probably decrease the amount of items gained from low-quality salvage so Stables aren't overwhelmed with pitchforks and such.

I'll also add a crop guide when the crops get revamped for the Ministry of Peace arc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:17:38 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »

Well... fuck. They're only triggered by population...
New version is out, right? ;P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »

Never forget!
Lace Lizard of the Losing is Magic mod!
The Legendary 4 year old filly carpenter who built an entire village due to having natural born carpentry skills!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

Meditation Mushroomnotch is 'a master of the arcane arts. He possesses a fundamental understanding of the deep supernatural properties underlying the fabric of reality.' I'm guessing it translates to some fuckawesome magic, but what school? His description doesn't, well, describe his cutie mark at all.

EDIT:
None of my pre-embark ponies have their cutie marks described. Let's see what happens when I embark...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:09:40 pm by Crazy Cow »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:59 pm »

Holy shit Crazy Cow, that's a Magic Master.
aka he can learn every type of magic, apprentice, adept, AND master.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 210