Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472688 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2012, 06:20:57 pm »

Fuck me.
FUCK ME.

So. Dead civs. I like them. The way I force them is my making ponies die at age zero, then changing it before I embark. This time, I embark on my evil forest/savage ocean, designate a moat, equip the military, unpause...
Fuck me.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2012, 06:22:33 pm »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

Don't patronize me :c

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:24 pm »

The cutie mark descriptions (both description and trait) are appearing in the current version. Did you overwrite your old DF folder/raws with the new one? The newest version needs its own file and raws...overwriting is prone to bugginess even with raw-only versions.

As for killing off your civ, I don't recommend it...the Unity alicorns have a high population trigger, which is difficult to reach with slaves alone. There's a good reason for this: a Unity ambush is lethal in open combat unless you outnumber them 3 to 1 (Not taking into account creative stable construction, robots, and fortifications). Although if you really want to do it, what I would recommend is reducing the population of the stable entity to something like 100...that way, they'll be killed off in worldgen without you having to mess with ages and such.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:33:57 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »

I tossed a wealth trigger on them as well. I hate large fortresses with a passion, and [POP_CAP] never seems to work... I just need to remember to not be a fething idiot next time ;P

EDIT:
Well, he's no arcane master, but I got Bowpure the Necromancer in my second embark team. You don't have a list of Conjuration magiks, so it'll be an adventure!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:52:56 pm by Crazy Cow »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

That's because there are no conjuration spells available yet. The spell system in place now is only a small fraction of what I have planned. However, an adept in one school can still learn more advanced forms of the apprentice spells in the other schools. :)

Edit: Ah yes, cutie marks don't appear until ponies reach 8 years of age, so a 1 second lifespan would sort of...stop that from happening. :P

Edit2: Ordinary unicorns can learn apprentice level spells as well, though they can't use them as much as unicorns with magic cutie marks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:45:30 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

Yeah. I think it had something to do with having a lifespan of one second ;P
I guess my Necromancer will get some fun apprentice spells, at least.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:21:51 pm by Crazy Cow »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 03, 2012, 09:05:03 pm »

It's strange you don't like large forts. I figured someone with your play style would have need for large amounts of new recruits.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »

I really have no idea what you're implying ;P

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2012, 12:58:03 am »

BTW I noticed that dragons and hydrazine never survive world gen. Which is a bit of a pity because the original FO:E had dragons surviving the apocalypse.

Allso are there hellhunds in current build?

I allso see that I need to readjust my old concept of how much population I can lose before a fortress is a lost cause in this mod.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:12 am »

Dragon and hydra survival is something I'm working on for the next version. There are hellhounds, though I won't say any more on the subject.

And as long as you have a single citizen remaining, you can still hold out until the next migrant wave. Don't be too quick to abandon those Stables. ;)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:49 am »

Hunting really isn't working out for me, or my migrants.

First thing I do when a migrant wave shows up is sort through all of them, disable hunting labors and assign them to a specific role related to their CM caste, kinda like having all new arrivals take the G.O.A.T to take the most advantage of their particular skillsets.

Despite this, many migrants with hunting labors choose to ignore me disabling it for them and they go out hunting anyway, because "fuck you Overmare 'Synthcola' Sensualcover and fuck you God Leader ManualReplica! I can du whadever de fukc I wunt! Ya aint da boss 'o me!".
This ends up with them getting themselves mauled by Black Radscorpions 9/10 times before my unfit milita get their slow asses out to kill them.
Okay, so granted, I can't save every pony, at least not until Toady implements a feature that lets you go into the game world, walk up to your subject and pimp slap some goddamned sense into it.
But still, it is such a waste of lives.

The plans for total surface isolation are almost there though, I have almost finished building the ceiling for my above ground farm and once that is done I just need to build up my perimeter walls for the trade depot, dig out a nice system of ramps to the underground and reorganize my stable entrance defenses with some traps, pits and bridges in a big killing room then I am aaaaaall set.

Edit: I don't know what great idea made me attempt to bring captured slavers, wild animals and ghouls to the trade depot, I had completely forgotten that your subjects don't bring the actual cage to the depot, so 6 slavers, 4 ghouls and 4 radrats wrecked all my shit just as I was preparing to trade with a slaver caravan, I killed them all, but I lost like 20 ponies in the attack and tantrum sprials began showing up left and right, so I had to savescum to salvage my stable from this disaster.
God damnit, and I was really looking forward to trading with the slavers after how highly Crazy Cow spoke of them.

But, for whatever reason this gave me a great stupid idea.
Would you guys be interested in doing a type of community world where we build stables all over a world once the mod gets to 1.0? Sappho style?
The idea would be to give everyone X amount of time to build a stable and then retire it somehow (there is a method that leaves your forts untouched with everything intact) before passing the save on to someone else, we'd take turns and the overall goal would be to colonize the entire world.
It'd be something we'd do by the side of our main saves, for fun, so there shouldn't be any problems waiting for the next guy to finish up, if the next player doesn't want to/have time to do a new stable the turn passes on to the next player, the cycle would run over and over, so everyone would have the opportunity to play again if they'd like.

Y/N?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:48:17 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2012, 10:28:55 am »

*Crazy Cow clears his throat.*

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:30 am »

Oh sweet Celestia yes.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »

After the fifth world I genned without Rangers or Alicorns, I decided to just use your Equestria world generation settings. I'm putting together an embark team now, but among other things I forget to set my embark points to 10k. For the best, I guess; so many points were spoiling me ;P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:23:51 pm by Crazy Cow »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 210