Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472690 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »

Well thats 2 players, that makes 3 of us which is enough to get a decent cycle going, so the community game is a go once the time is right.

We will have a world map with the locations of all the stables and their number (because giving stables a number, such as Stable 1, Stable 2, etc is easier than jolting down Murderedcats the Crow of Kitten-Blood on the map) and make a list of stables and their names to keep track of shit better.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, shoot them and we'll work it out, still plenty of time before Lycaeon's holy 1.0 is ready to go.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »

Experiments are, of course, optional but highly recommended. One of the few things that came out of FO3 that I really liked.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »

I don't fully understand what you mean by your version of multiplayer and I don't plan in participating, but I'm evaluating this mod for a community game on a MLP forum. I only have two players so far, though.

PROGRESS OF MY FORTRESS:

Mystery solved. When wasteland traders shown up, one of their animals died to feral ghouls. They fled the map after that, leaving lots of forbidden stuff behind them. That's why I had an extra security turret and other unaccounted-for stuff on the map. I took all of it, including some leather, cloth and anvils.

My luck run out and a series of tragedies struck my outpost. Four foals were kidnapped in rapid succession. EP Suny Days, EP Loudmounth, UP Tin Gadget and UP Abacus. They will be missed by their mothers. Plus they were pretty good stat-wise. I think they went to play outside.

As if that wasn't enough, Barrel Gauge and Plywood were found dead in a corner of my embark. One had a BB gun and a quiver with pellets. Later I saw a radscorpion on the map, but fortunately my securitron scared it away. Time to gear up into pistols and small calibre ammo, I guess. If only I had the fuel to make gunpowder, arms and armour for my security teams. Barrel Gauge was supposed to be a part of my militia. ((Stupid hunters coming to my embarks and messing with the wildlife.))

Most of those ponies, if not all of them, were new migrants. I've finally set up the dining room, so hopefully the foals will stay inside. I also disabled all hunting, trapping and fishing labours for everypony.

I have some kind of problem with my wood and finished goods stockpiles. I set up a wood stockpile for normal wood and another with wheelbarrows for salvage. They were sorted, but eventually ponies stopped filling them, with lots of both wood and salvage on the map. The problem may have something to do with the lack of wheelbarrows and orders of giving things to workshops. I've even set up a wood stockpile with default options and it doesn't work either. For now I'm waiting with using my wood till all the salvage is processed, but without a stockpile with wheelbarrows close to the salvage yard, the progress is glacial.
I've set a finished goods stockpile to accept gems, coins and most things under clay->tools/toys, such as destroyed terminals. It only has gems. I later set up a default finished goods stockpile and it immediately took all that broken glass and depleted batteries. I just don't know what went wrong.

With all those new migrants I finally set up a hospital and it worked fine. Most importantly, Splint, my CMP from embark is now healed and can resume her duties as CMP. Scalpel has medical labours enabled to help too.

The security turret I took from a cage from a dead trader brahnin doesn't seem to shoot at anything. Oh well, at least the protectron does.

Nine more migrants have arrived. I've got enough of them for now.

I finally got enough worthless remains to cremate them and got 4 ash. Nice. Three jobs like this and I'll get 4 gunpowder.

I've built a roofed building over a section of my brook, so I'll have access to clean water that won't freeze. I may later upgrade it with underground-only access and grated-over channels. I don't think I'll even bother with wells. Ponies sometimes fall into them.

I checked and I don't have any contacts with either Unity or Steel Rangers. Seems like a reasonably safe embark to me.

<--Previous
Next-->

SOME THOUGHTS.
I don't quite get the deal with all that broken glass. Green Glass is easily made from sand, although the broken variety doesn't need sacks and fits into the bins nicely, so is marginally better. If there was some broken clear and crystal glass too, as well as a small chance to find unbroken varieties, glass from salvage would be much more worthwhile.

Rename backpacks to saddlebags.

Robots could have Targeting talismans as parts of them. Not necessarily as something you can damage in a combat, but something you need to make them and have a good chance of recovering from dismantling their remains.

Would heavy turrets that shoot something akin to balistae bolts be feasible?

I found some errors in Cutie Mark descriptions:
CM "fish and rod" -> "his natural charisma..."
CM "assault rifle" -> "in his/her mouth." (Doesn't depend on gender)
CM "butterfly" -> "of nature."

Alchemy is an unused skill and it could make some sense in this mod.

I told you that empty bins would be better than all those open crates. I have an even better idea now: Make them into chests / coffers. It would make sense for this type of containers to be locked and even aluminium bins are quite heavy.

I suspect that ponies are alcohol-dependent. They shouldn't be in any case.

What the heck is "bonfire"?

IDEA: ZEBRA PHATZ
Zebra invisibility cloaks. Pretty rare. They grant invisibility to enemies or whatever passes for stealth in this version of DF to one pony, permanently.

Zebra flight talismans. Add [FLYING] for a week... after which the pony plummets to her death. OK, maybe not the best idea.

Buffout: (Buck? Dash?) Buffs physical attributes for a week.

Dash: Lowers [SPEED] and increases agility for a week. In short, makes you faster.

(???): Makes a pony fearless for a week, but I think that implies blindness.

Mint-als: Buff mental stats for a week.

Med-X: Immune to pain for a week.

Healing potion: Stops bleeding (?) and boost healing rate for a week. Stronger variant, Restoration potion, even slowly heals nervous tissue.

Zebra crates: Chance of invisibility cloaks, flight talismans, rifles, medium ammunition, food, combat armour, coal and all kinds of chems. Chems should also be in MoP crates.

If there are Griffins, they could be a part of slaver civilisation and use combat armour and rifles. Elites might have scorpion armour and AMRs.

In old MLP mod, there was a wood transmuting workshop. It turned food into wood. Please, please, please, have that as a part of your magic system. Ideally the workshop itself should be simple to build, but the reaction require a Unicorn who has learned the "Transmute plants to wood.", an Apprentice Alteration spell.

Have a look at "wizard's tower" mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59311.0 There may be something there that would make sense here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:45:29 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

I'm certain that those drugs are in the upcoming MoP update.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »

After the fifth world I genned without Rangers or Alicorns, I decided to just use your Equestria world generation settings. I'm putting together an embark team now, but among other things I forget to set my embark points to 10k. For the best, I guess; so many points were spoiling me ;P

Yep...I set up the Equestria worldgen settings to conform to the mod's weather and civilizations, many of which won't show up in or are overwritten by default DF worldgen.

Don't be too keen on v1.0 though...I'm going to be very busy for the next 2 weeks, so I won't have the time necessary for large updates. :( It's one reason why I stabilized this version...0.88 should be pretty bug free.

To Maklak:

Broken glass is automatically smelted at the kiln to yield green glass and a small chance of clear glass. I've changed the general tips to reflect this.

Backpacks are hardcoded, so I can't rename them.

Robot part dismantling is planned for when you'll be able to turn dogs and slave ponies into cyberdogs and robobrains, respectively.

Ballista bolts can't be shot by turrets, but I do have plans for heavier turrets.

The cutie mark errors have been corrected.

Alchemy is used for the Arcane Sciences research reactions and unicorn spell learning (Refer to the workshops and industries on the first page).

Crates already yield chests when opened (Along with their goodies) if you're referring to the various Ministry and Industry crates, so I'm not sure I see your point here. Certain crates will yield military-grade ammunition, so keep an eye out for those. :)

Ponies aren't alcohol dependent...they can drink water from rivers and wells.

Bonfire is a workshop that produces a fire on demand (either short or long lasting).

There's already a stealthbuck that gives a pony the ability to cloak when installed at a Stable-Tec terminal. The Zebra research tree itself is some ways down the development list, and is not a priority at the present time. The zebra crate in question will be a Four Stars crate.

The drug system is planned for the Ministry of Peace arc (Which will be after the next update) and already includes everything you've described and more.

Talon mercenaries will be one of the new factions in the next update.

Transmutation reactions are also down the development list (If you haven't gathered by now the list is very long), but I will consider adding wood reactions as well. The spell system right now is only a small fraction of what I have planned...I eventually hope to get in every important spell canon to the FoE universe.

Again, many thanks for the feedback Maklak! The account of your Stable and the picture are awesome! :D

Edit: I'm also going to increase the coal yield from coal boxes.

Edit2: The mod in its current form is a bit harder than I originally intended, and I won't be able to adjust this until the next version, so just keep that in mind for community forts. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:15:22 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »

Oh Maklak. :D
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:38 pm »

Crates already yield chests when opened (Along with their goodies) if you're referring to the various Ministry and Industry crates, so I'm not sure I see your point here. Certain crates will yield military-grade ammunition, so keep an eye out for those. :)

I was referring to reaction_depot.txt:
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOX:NONE:INORGANIC:ALUMINUM]
I think this is pretty much useless, except for filling them with medium ammo for minigun reactions. Maybe those are just chest or bins and I simply don't understand the RAWs. Don't know.

Pellet box has much lower yield than the other ammo boxes. I think it should be 10x100 steel pellets. Those pellets are quite small compared to bullets.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

BOX is the raw token for chests. I am considering changing them to bins, however, as those are much more useful to a developing Stable.

Actual box salvage (like ammunition boxes) yields only the contents. Likewise, filling a medium caliber ammo box doesn't require anything but the bullets.

I'll probably increase the pellet count from boxes. I didn't want Stables to get flooded with them, as they can be easily produced from bone/wood.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »

Ah, sorry then. Chests make sense and are good. I want them for my bedrooms anyway. Metal bins would be heavy, even aluminium ones.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2012, 05:00:28 pm »

Count me in for the community fort, although my style is a bit weird.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Me also, though my stable will probably die horribly rather quickly.  You know, like most stables :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »

I wasn't aware there was someone normal here.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »

I would like to request one of the starting seven on this hypothetical fort, but no play spot.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2012, 05:34:05 pm »

I wasn't aware there was someone normal here.
My problem is, I don't use complicated solutions for everyday problems.
I don't really pay attention to aesthetics either, so my forts are kinda ugly.

Bacon Pants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »

I'm up for the community fort if the applications are still open. If I need a resume, I can boast that I had that one dude survive in my fallen fort for almost an entire year after everyone else around him died. Is that enough?
When in doubt, BLAME THE TITANS!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 210