Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472659 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »

They're not consumed...

Battle saddles for everypony! A flamethrower turret in every home! :D

The only limiting factor is the flamer fuel, but I'll be adding a biofuel refinery in the next update.

And, you know, friendly fire. The only reason I don't have a flamer for everyone is that I'm afraid that soon everypony will be a !!pony!!.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »

Oh god. Feral minotaur attack and I send 30 ponies with combat rifles (I later told 7 to pick up anti-machine rifles but I'm not sure if they did). Nothing. Zero, zip, nada, zilch, no damage at all aside from the odd brown wound which heals instantly. I slammed the gate shut and it decides to kill all of my bighorners and brahmin before stomping on my turrets and now it's fighting a Steel Ranger ambush or 3 I believe. Save + exit until tomorrow :P

My main trade good so far has been all these steel chests from salvaging, with the odd plasteel one thrown in every so often. I like the salvaging bit a lot.

Also, the power of magic: broken consoles and freight containers grow from the mud, ready to be salvaged. My explanation is that Martian Santa is bombing us with presents.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2012, 11:22:03 pm »

You know, I totally forgot to consider that subterranean salvage grows in muddy soil in your fortress after you've breached the caverns. Oh dear... :(

I will need to remove subterranean salvage in that case.

Edit: Don't worry. I'll increase surface salvage to compensate.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:31:52 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2012, 11:29:04 pm »

Nnnnooooo, my salvage industry!  :'(
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

*coughsalvageshrubscough*

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2012, 11:45:08 pm »

Nope. Subterranean shrubs also grow on muddy ground in the fortress, if I recall correctly. :P

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »

They do.  I'm going to be sad when my miners can no longer discover buried treasures in the soil layers.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:01 am »

One problem is that this will be a major blow to the strategic value of the caves. Are silk and rare metal still enough resins to explore them?

Add me to the community world project.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2012, 05:00:54 am »

I always just attributed the cause of salvage being found in my underground farms to be the constant moving of earth revealing more and more of the objects. Just like what the dust storms do on the surface, erode land away to reveal more salvage. I don't see a reason at all to cull cave salvage. Having salvage be found there and there only makes the most sense to me since that's where the old towns and cities are.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:32 am »

I would prefer for the first cavern to have salvage. It is reward versus risk: Surface is normally safer than the caverns. My explanation for salvage growing in my soil layers is that my ponies threw away some good stuff when sorting through scrap. 

Silk is needed for high quality paper and arcane research. but I haven't gotten to that part yet: Not enough gems to make lenses to make scrolls.

I have some more feedback on this mod and my outpost is going through more trials and tribulations, most notably lack of water that isn't ice. Drinks running out too, due to overpopulation. But that is for another post.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:17 am »

If you remove salvage from cavern layers, why would we ever want to go into the cavern layer?

I have some more feedback on this mod and my outpost is going through more trials and tribulations, most notably lack of water that isn't ice. Drinks running out too, due to overpopulation. But that is for another post.

Find a Water Talisman and build a pump!
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2012, 10:44:13 am »

You did seem to have a nice risk vs. reward thing going on, just like Maklak said. I don't see why you should change it just because of some petty logic.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:33 pm »

Very well then. I will leave the subterranean salvage as is until I find a reasonable substitute that can replace them in the caverns and still yield salvage. :)

And Maklak, you can grind 10 worthless boulders in the rock grinder to farm out some gems. And high-quality paper is necessary only for high level spells. Ordinary spells like binding and fever can be researched using plant paper.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:59:05 pm by Lycaeon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

Very well then. I will leave the subterranean salvage as is until I find a reasonable substitute that can replace them in the caverns and still yield salvage. :)

I would suggest that one of the layers ( 1st or 2nd, probably) is designated the "mostly functioning pre-war bunker" type area with plenty of powerful robots and ghouls to offset your possible salvage industry becomeing extremely productive.

In essance.

1st layer: no salvage, Hellhounds and ghouls galor, possibly plants and "minor" wild robots for possible scraping. Something like "Cave Squealer", in other words, a blind, increadably fat docile pig, might work as a "reward" food animal of sorts.

2nd layer: More robots of varying doom-bringing ability along with ghouls and/or mutant abominations, lots of salavage and possibly some sort of "Stable Apple" or some sort of high-value plant. Star Berries? Might have Hellhounds down here too?

3rd layer:??? (It's ghouls all the way down, an't it?)

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »

My outpost continues.

I got a fey mood. It resulted in a rock table decorated with rock and Smiley is now a High Master Mason.

To mitigate my wood stockpile problems, I've set up two more salvage yards. It helped a bit.

I've set up archery targets for my ranged squad, but oddly enough I don't get critically low on pellets. The soldiers train in the barracks too and tend to restock their ammo slowly, even when I have it. In any case, I've set up more craftopony's workshops to compensate and still can't get rid of all that dog bone.

I started digging stairs down. I hope to find the caverns and magma.

A wasteland caravan came. They said, the depot wasn't accessible to wagons, so they only brought their brahmins with them. All I got was some leather, cloth and food. I decided to make a 3-tile road to the edge of the map. As if the poor trade wasn't enough, I had to fiddle with my broker to even get it done. He insisted on making 20 bins first, then carrying some items, going to a party, drinking and what have you. In the end I got rid of some skull totems, jumpsuits, barding and other crap.

Yet another raider has shown up, but was quickly chased away. On his way he went by the leaving caravan and provoked some feral dogs into engaging my military.

Some of my Brahmins have starved to death. Gak, those mutants are stupid. I've set up a pasture for the remaining one outside.

Despite having a building and a floor above some water outside, it still froze. This is very bad for my hospital. Furthermore, I'm running out of drinks. I have to do something about it. The clock is ticking. Watching a soldier in my hospital slowly die of thirst drove me to desperate measures. Since the floor over ice method didn't work, I dug out some ice and pitted it inside for melting. It melted into an undrinkable puddle of water, but my doctor was at least able to use it to clean herself. I went ahead and tried dfliquids, but all I got is a pony wash full of ghoul blood. In retrospect I may have misplaced my water source zone. After Evening Story, a soldier waiting to get a wound dressed, died of thirst, I started desperately gathering plants for drinks, but it resulted in mason Smily dying to a feral ghoul. (Wasn't he the one who just mooded out?) I even planted some quarry bushes to squeeze water out of their leaves at a screw press, but they grow so slowly. (For the hospital of course, I I planned a water reservoir to store water from the brook underground, but it is far from ready.) Eventually my exploratory tunnel solved the problem. They found the first cavern layer and we walled off a small section of it, with access to water. A few grates and I'm all set, I'm not ready to fight on two fronts just yet. Meanwhile my ponies won't die of thirst!

You weren't kidding when you said, farming is slower now. I barely get anything out of it, when in DF a small plot of plump helmets was more than enough.

My protectorpony by the entrance was damaged by a feral ghoul. Later I've noticed another feral pegasus ghoul almost kill a kitten and wound a sprite-bot and a protectorpony in my refuse pile, all the while being shot at by another protectorpony, a turret and two soldiers with BB guns. After they run out of pellets, they rushed in and shortly after that two melee soldiers arrived and killed the ghoul. It was bruised and broken all over, but kept on fighting till the end. This combined with my civillians dying to ghouls was so embarrassing that I set up a patrol route around my camp. The two squads I have alternate on it each month and still have time for training and rest. This system wasn't in place for long, but works good so far, at least against dogs and such. If something tougher shows up, like another scorpion, there might be problems. I recommend patrolling the camp to anyone with partly aboveground fort and no wall to speak off. It covers the area much better than "defend large burrow" and is basically free experience for the soldiers and free corpses for the butchers.

The caravan from my home stable has shown up and despite the new road, they still said, that the route was blocked. It turned out that weapon traps block wagon access. Derp. I ordered a lot of heavy stuff and got only one screen of it. Oh well, at least I got a sprite-bot, a turret and 2 sphalenite... wait, that was supposed to be saltpetre. I ordered saltpetre, not worthless stone, right?

Oddly enough my wood stockpiles now sort salvage and wood properly. All I did was remove two stockpiles and add one more, setting it to not accept normal wood. Oh well, it works and I can remove redundant salvage yards.

My militia commander scared off a snatcher long before he even got close to my entrance. The patrols work. They also easily repelled another bloatsprite invasion.

Trash is beginning to accumulate. Soon it will be time to get an atom-smasher.

I know about grinding rocks, but I only recently mined out enough of them to make this feasible without much fear of running out. Stone blocks use up pretty fast. I'll have to set up a rock farm: At least three stockpiles with three wagons and mutliple workhops: mason's, craftpony's, mechanic's, rock grinder and [FOUNDRY_STONE]. The grinder itself does what the most popular theory about rock farming says: the point is to get gems. In "The magic duel" Trixie even smashed open an empty geode.

In any casee I don't have a terminal yet and can't have the building that makes lenses anyway.

This came out long, so I'll put my feedback on this mod in another post.

<--Previous
Next-->

Here are updated pictures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:48:31 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 210